Very bad design. Still FORCED INTO BAD SERVERS

Mindfields-

Above average my ass, "above average" ping to US servers would be 50-70, exceptional or close to the data center would be 30 or below. Anything above 140 is generally considered unplayable in most games. You also completely misunderstood what I said about VPNs, so I'm going to guess English isn't your first language.

Increasing the ping limit allows people that are blocked from entering certain servers the ability to use a VPN and connect irregardless of the restrictions, not to increase their network quality.

EdgarHighman
1 minute ago, Mindfields- said:

Above average my ass, "above average" ping to US servers would be 50-70, exceptional or close to the data center would be 30 or below. Anything above 140 is generally considered unplayable in most games. You also completely misunderstood what I said about VPNs, so I'm going to guess English isn't your first language.

Increasing the ping limit allows people that are blocked from entering certain servers the ability to use a VPN and connect irregardless of the restrictions, not to increase their network quality.

I've always had 60-95 ping most of my life. 100-ish over the last few years. For the past 2 it's gone up to 130-200. Been using computers since 2000...

darkkinngston
44 minutes ago, Mindfields- said:

This is not the devs fault, and no, they should not increase the ping limit. Sorry you can't get good internet but the devs shouldn't ruin the game for everyone else for one dude who can't get stable internet.

Your opinion sounds so stupid.

The idea of creating a small number of victims to defend a malicious actor is no different from the German Nazis.

It is certain that the BSG-managed server is worse than ever.

This is either the possibility that the number of players has increased or the reason why they use cheaper servers.

It comes from the act of not putting more multi-servers in the same area.

Edited by darkkinngston
  • Like 1
ShawnWolf
48 minutes ago, EdgarHighman said:

I've always had 60-95 ping most of my life. 100-ish over the last few years. For the past 2 it's gone up to 130-200. Been using computers since 2000...

This sounds like a user error. you might want to contact your internet service provider and complain that you're not getting enough bandwidth and that something is wrong. make them help you figure out what's wrong. it could be a problem with your router, the wiring to your house, the network card in your pc, maybe something is inbetween you and your wireless router that is causing this? duck i don't know, it could be a myriad of problems but i'm telling you now that your problem is most likely on your end. If these ping fluctuations happen normally outside of tarkov (in other games, or when your computer is idling) then it's also a clear indicator that something is wrong on your end. Make sure you know what's wrong before you point fingers at the developers. 

ShawnWolf

and by the way, those ping spikes you're having doesn't affect the game for you but it does for other people. at the last house i was at i had the same problem but this is before it would kick you, often times my friends would see me teleporting or other weird stuff happening which would give me an advantage i wasn't aware of. there was also times where someone unloaded into me and some of the shots didn't register. when i moved some time ago those issues stopped happening.

EdgarHighman

You all are taking this off topic. THE ISSUE OF THE THREAD IS, Player is not being put into the lowest ping of their server selection.

My son just played Warzone on my PC, 139-185 ping, came out on top. Ping is not the issue here. Overcompensation to "negate" vpn's is affecting legitimate players. P e r i o d. Your arguments are off-topic and invalid to the purpose of this thread.

On 6/4/2020 at 4:08 PM, ShawnWolf said:

This sounds like a user error. you might want to contact your internet service provider and complain that you're not getting enough bandwidth and that something is wrong. make them help you figure out what's wrong. it could be a problem with your router, the wiring to your house, the network card in your pc, maybe something is inbetween you and your wireless router that is causing this? duck i don't know, it could be a myriad of problems but i'm telling you now that your problem is most likely on your end. If these ping fluctuations happen normally outside of tarkov (in other games, or when your computer is idling) then it's also a clear indicator that something is wrong on your end. Make sure you know what's wrong before you point fingers at the developers. 

Oh I definitely complained, they fixed it for a week or two and I got 50-90 ping, they have not been able to provide similar speeds as of late to their consumer base but they say they are "working on it". They are the most affordable ISP in my area and I cannot afford a higher monthly fee.

My issue with the developer is ever tightening "kicking" margins. 139 ping? 160? 180? When does it stop? When enough people have the issue? When it affects a streamer? When enough people simply can't play?

Edited by EdgarHighman
EdgarHighman

Kicked, interchange, 170 ping, middle of goshan 😢 My servers are now set to auto-select, doesn't seem to be helping often. I have gotten into some servers with 90-130 ping though.

Edited by EdgarHighman
EdgarHighman

I want NIKITA & BSG to understand very effing carefully, I was invited to a game by a player in the UK. I had 230-260 ping. It kicked me about 9x before I made it to extract. I asked the team if I was moving lagfully or teleporting and they said I always moved normally except when I disconnected and ran in place.

TLDR This High Ping Kick is BULL HORSE F***ING SH** and unneccessary and is simply destroying the game culturally for players that are further from each other or have higher ping for whatever reason. This is a FARCE and I dearly recommend it be fixed WITHOUT all the prejudice and ignorance from less informed users.

EdgarHighman

NIKITA BSG PLEASE Even with AUTO-SERVER SELECT I keep getting kicked from games. Even if I host the party. I CANNOT ducking PLAY because of your SHITTY PING LIMITER. I'm getting kicked anywhere from 130-180 ping.

My friends are calling bullshit, I'm calling bullshit, why do you do this to us? I'm not in another goddamn continent US FL, and my lowest ping servers are CA/WA around 100-110ish but your game is AUTO-putting me into servers with 160-200 sometimes and those are automatic failures. Loss of gear. Disconnect for ping. My friends say there's no issue with my movement (no lag, rubberband) so this is BULL SHIIIIIIIT

God Damn someone bring this to Nikita BSG attention. Right now they have NO IDEA this is affecting regular players.

Edited by EdgarHighman
EdgarHighman

Kicked, customs, 150 ping. Most of my team is getting kicked as well repeatedly this game. Not SCL, Kick for ping... smfh nikita.

EdgarHighman

kicked 160 ping shoreline. Thanks nikita. Back to back. This is bullshit. I'm unimpressed. Belligerent ignorance of the community.

First game of the day after work. Nice no-lube warm welcome from BSG.

3x. I'm ingame for no more than 20 seconds, kicked for 1-2 minutes to reconnect. This must be the final development phase. Working as intended.

@Battleshitgames I showed you my Wallet (EoD), plz respond.

I've travelled about 120 yards in 8 KICKS FROM GAME over a total of 12 minutes. This is fuN!

TLDR non-stop kicking from lobby. 20 seconds ingame, 1-2 minutes out. NON-stop, entire duration of shoreline match. Lowest ping servers selected from launcher.

Edited by EdgarHighman
EdgarHighman

Just want to say ITS GETTING WORSE. Might as well just refund everyone automatically and let them keep the game. Since you are denying them the ability to play.

• 7 months later...
NiqqaNaruto
On 6/19/2020 at 9:27 PM, EdgarHighman said:

Just want to say ITS GETTING WORSE. Might as well just refund everyone automatically and let them keep the game. Since you are denying them the ability to play.

yeo my guy imma say this once, its not bsgs fault, its there fault for not having high enough ping servers, if they increased the ping, the game would be even worse, the decreased the ping to 150 last wipe, if you cant upgrade your internet to 1gig or something better maybe get a new router and modem while also hardwiring your internet should help, but other than that, its on you my mans, cause im from jersey and i play on st, louis, new york, chicago and allat ont he east and my ping is below 50 cause it doestn ever show, so im tellin you that you have normal ping for a avg internet, this game cant run on avg internet anymore, you gotta get sum beefy ass poo, a ssd, and a isp that doesnt throttle your internet, so basically you just kinda gotta be lucky, try what i metioned first before you say its bsgs fault, i helped my friend do the same thing cuz he used to dc when we played on east servers, given hes from alabahma but we were on mideast and he was lagging out, no rubberband no teleporting just random dc so i told him how he can improve stable connection and now he barley dcs, only when his whole fam is home he does now

Obsydea

Ping issues? I've found servers my UK Friend can play on reliably. So... If you're in the US and can't play on US servers, I would be looking towards your ISP. NAT?  That used to cause me high pings on DSL on other games. Not sure if it would on tarkov or not, I haven't had to deal with that in a long time, before tarkov for me.

I am in FL and my lowest ping is Miami / Atl. Like 20's? I do not have phenomenally fast interwebs

untagatnu

I would never play an FPS with >100+ ping. Considering that's your best ping... I say the ball is on your court.

• 1 month later...
krog_
On 6/4/2020 at 3:44 PM, darkkinngston said:

Your opinion sounds so stupid.

The idea of creating a small number of victims to defend a malicious actor is no different from the German Nazis.

It is certain that the BSG-managed server is worse than ever.

This is either the possibility that the number of players has increased or the reason why they use cheaper servers.

It comes from the act of not putting more multi-servers in the same area.

bro i have poo internet, but this dude is ducking malding so hard that he has poo internet to the point that he compares bsg and their poo internet to nazis.

On 6/19/2020 at 9:27 PM, EdgarHighman said:

it is not bsg's fault that your internet is not good enough to play the game, it is an issue that is not on their end, it is on your/your isp's end that you don't have a stable enough connection to play the game. And the fact that you want a refund but also want the game still doesn't make sense considering you say that they are denying your ability to play. What is the point of having a game that you consider to be unplayable, or do are you just saying you want free money?

pepepe
On 3/11/2021 at 4:21 AM, krog_ said:

it is not bsg's fault that your internet is not good enough to play the game, it is an issue that is not on their end, it is on your/your isp's end that you don't have a stable enough connection to play the game. And the fact that you want a refund but also want the game still doesn't make sense considering you say that they are denying your ability to play. What is the point of having a game that you consider to be unplayable, or do are you just saying you want free money?

Most likely it's the connection type, not the quality. Since IPv6 is going to be our new goto alot of ISPs have stopped to implement a real IPv4 connection for every customer. Some customers are now bound to IPv6 connectivity which is expanded to IPv4 with a carrier grade nat (cgnat) which gives the customer access to the IPv4 part of the internet, but at a cost: You no longer have your OWN IPv4 address and the nat does the switching of all incoming packages. Some packages are not recognized correctly by the nat and therefore never reach their destination. To counter this problem, which leads to connection loss, you will have to talk to your provider and ask them to get a real IPv4 address. This option is called DualStack. The described connection above is called DualStack-Lite.