Ethernel

REWORK THE THERMALS!

Ethernel

So hi, new topic about the thermals scopes (oh boy...) 

First, i understand that thermals were or (are at some point unbalanced)(i play a lot with thermal snipers)

So thermals need a big rework because they are "NOT REALISTIC"

-Limited distance are f*k up, dumb and not realistic !

-The colors, too bright and not precise ! unplayable at night just f*k up

Overall : They are not realistic, look really bad, unbalanced !

UNREALISTIC

Thormato

cool story, could you come up with something original that wasnt posted about a 100 times?

• Upvote 2

Ethernel

Its really bad so thats normal !

I dont search originality, i point out the problems

Thx for useless com :)

• Sad 1

Jolly_Roger88

The main issue with thermals was(and is) that who can afford to buy and possibly loose them has a huge advantage for obvious reasons.

They got nerfed after A LOT of complain from players who where constantly getting easy killed coz that very precious piece of equipment.

What should be done in my opinion is not rework again thermals(btw now u cannot see through glass with them,so they've got even more realistic than before) but maybe matching in the same lobby players with same level where possible,so a poor little level 15 or  does not get wrecked by a level 45 with state of the art armor,weapon and yes......thermals.

That's my two cents.

And yes,nothing agains the OP,but on the topic popularity scale,just bear in mind that it is not possible at all to make everybody happy about .

• Like 1

Ethernel

i know not everybody will be happy, but they need a rework, they are too weird 

chrisragnar
17 hours ago, Ethernel said:

So hi, new topic about the thermals scopes (oh boy...) 

First, i understand that thermals were or (are at some point unbalanced)(i play a lot with thermal snipers)

So thermals need a big rework because they are "NOT REALISTIC"

-Limited distance are f*k up, dumb and not realistic !

-The colors, too bright and not precise ! unplayable at night just f*k up

Overall : They are not realistic, look really bad, unbalanced !

UNREALISTIC

In the end the game is a game. And it can't have a single item that completely breaks the game. The game can still convey a sens of realism while having somewhat balanced gameplay.

It doesn't matter if the game is ultra realistic, if that also makes it unplayable.

halberger

Real thermals were developed specifically to give armed forces a significant advantage. Sure, they have their own drawbacks and limitations, but still they are inceredibly useful. How does that translate to a game? Realistic approach - that is true to real life as much as possible - replicates that significant difference in cababilities between who has them and who hasn't. Which isn't fun for people on the wrong end of the scope, obviously. Trying to balance them for the sake of more fair playground, makes thermals less realistic, to the point them being only an eyecandy in extreme cases. Either way - no good for a PvP game.

The main problem is that in real war you don't really care for the enemy and you do whatever it takes to win. In a game environment however, both sides of a virtual conflict are in fact the same people from the same community or client base. So by hurting the "enemy" here, you hurt you "own side" at the same time. Another thing is that functionally the thermals are very similar to a legal ESP cheat helping to rapidly locate enemies within line of sight. That shouldn't take place, as hide and seek element is a big part of military multiplayer games.

It seems the main line of conlict about thermals lies between players who like to actually outplay people to win and those who like to quickly win at all costs. The problem I see here is that we're not at a real war. As difficult and unforgiving as we like it, it's still entertainment. It's neither really entertaining to put easy mode on, nor having no chance of survival at all.

If it was up to me, I would remove thermals until effective countermeasures are implemented ingame. A good example of similar situation would be negating NVG advantage with a simple flashlight (or flares or other sources of light, maybe EMP grenades if we're going into modern-futuristic weapons).