Brand new player - weapon choice

Sasaryszek

As a lvl 2 PMC (my first wipe) I need advice. I don't have access to the flea market yet and here are my weapon options:

1. Mosin(infantry, 34000₽)

2. SKS(23000₽)

3. PP-91 Kedr(20700₽)

Which one is currently the strongest option? Mosin fits my play style the most. I like shooting hard hitting, slow ROF weapons at distance and I have shitty armour so I play carefully and avoid CQB.

I read posts from 2019 in which people were complaining that Mosin can one shot 4 tier armour by hitting in the chest with LPS GHZ round so devs nerfed it. Is weapon(ammo) still good after nerfs (can I oneshot anything under 4 tier armour with LPS) or is it garbage now, and I should choose SKS instead?

Are there any good and cheap guns after I unlock flea market. I heard good opinions about verp hunter, what do you guys think?

• Like 1
blackned198

Mosin might be a solid option for a week or so with lps since most of the people running with either 3 or lower armor class or none. If you enjoy the game play of mosin i believe its a good pick. On the other hand, i would recommend use the sks tho, after all its semi auto and farming much more easier with SKS

• Like 1
TheDeathSlayer

If you need any other advice i recommend you watch Pestily and or veritas. It is my first wipe too and they helped a lot.

Pestily: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC142-qvFgwSS6UIU-fFCd6w

Veritas: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkS33XH4KH0IqD2S2-f7ovA

Happy to help

Barangolo
23 hours ago, Sasaryszek said:

As a lvl 2 PMC (my first wipe) I need advice. I don't have access to the flea market yet and here are my weapon options:

1. Mosin(infantry, 34000₽)

2. SKS(23000₽)

3. PP-91 Kedr(20700₽)

Which one is currently the strongest option? Mosin fits my play style the most. I like shooting hard hitting, slow ROF weapons at distance and I have shitty armour so I play carefully and avoid CQB.

I read posts from 2019 in which people were complaining that Mosin can one shot 4 tier armour by hitting in the chest with LPS GHZ round so devs nerfed it. Is weapon(ammo) still good after nerfs (can I oneshot anything under 4 tier armour with LPS) or is it garbage now, and I should choose SKS instead?

Are there any good and cheap guns after I unlock flea market. I heard good opinions about verp hunter, what do you guys think?

If you're a good shot and avoid CQB, the Mosin is a fine gun and will do serious damage, especially since currently most of us are still not geared enough against LPS ammo even. The issue however is the slow reload time and low ergonomics: in CQB you stand little chance (especially against squads), while at distance if you don't drop the enemy, a second chance is quickly gone.

The PP-91 not only has weak ammo, but is useless at range.

The SKS is a fine beginner gun, even the PS ammo is not bad, though if you have some BP it is a winner. The PSO scope is not that expensive and gives quite an edge on Woods and Shoreline. Having said that, I got pinned on scav island on Shoreline and could only kill 2 enemies out of 5 before being dropped, but without the PSO and any other gun, I would have stood no chance, let alone 15min of a standoff against a heavily geared squad with lasers and scopes.

The Vepr Hunter used to be a killer, but I never got along with it as it is too snappy for my taste and mags too small. Feels like CQB players are the ones more using it, prefiring and spamming when in teams.

Ravenhawkhero

The mosin is a solid choice if you can hit shots consistently. If not go the SkS

the Kedr absolutley shreds at close range but past that is useless