Caster89Actual

What does it take to kill someone?

Caster89Actual

As far as i know there is only supposed to be a very slight chance to live after someone blacks your thorax out right? like 5% or some crazy small number right?

Am i just THAT unlucky that everyone i come across AI included requires me to shoot them in the thorax enough times to black out the thorax and then every other limb through spill over damage from damaging a blacked out limb to kill them. AKA i have to do a full 435 damage to kill someone no matter where i shoot them(even the head sometimes)

In the picture shown i caught the drop on someone and pegged him square in his unarmored chest with two AP20 slugs before he turned around and 360 no scope one shot me in the thorax with his SKS(automatically killing me instantly) As you can see it only counted one of those shots i landed thanks to BSG's wonderful choice in server infrastructure (which that shot that did count even fragmented because it did 180+ damage instead of the base 165)

Maybe he died but because of lag/he had high ping so it took 15 seconds to register that he died?

Am i missing some mechanic here? why can people one shot me in the thorax but i have to 100% drain their HP? Or am i really just that unlucky/ God just hates me and gets his amusement watching me be frustrated?

2020-05-30[06-16] (0).png

Dusty747

just give it another 4 years and they might figure it it. its like the player spawns they cant wrap their brains around

schubbey

overall accuracy: 0.25 - i swear i hit him in his unarmored face 5 times with ap20 and he didnt die

• Hot 1

Caster89Actual
3 minutes ago, schubbey said:

overall accuracy: 0.25 - i swear i hit him in his unarmored face 5 times with ap20 and he didnt die

Iv shot a bugged out raider in the face 5 times before and he didn't die. That was with PS rounds though and likely more because he was bugged out.

Caster89Actual

So no one has an explanation? or maybe naming the damage mechanic I am missing?

chrisragnar
12 minutes ago, Caster89Actual said:

So no one has an explanation? or maybe naming the damage mechanic I am missing?

The problem is legs, arms and lower stomach not being lethal. So unless you headshot, alot is soaked up in armor, hitting arms that are blocking, hitting too low. Basically if you get unlucky and hit arms that happen to be blocking chest, your screwd. And the worst part is it has nothing to do with your opponents skill because they have no control over it, they just get lucky.

Caster89Actual
1 minute ago, chrisragnar said:

The problem is legs, arms and lower stomach not being lethal. So unless you headshot, alot is soaked up in armor, hitting arms that are blocking, hitting too low. Basically if you get unlucky and hit arms that happen to be blocking chest, your screwd. And the worst part is it has nothing to do with your opponents skill because they have no control over it, they just get lucky.

I guess i will just chalk that one up to the game, it really really blows being this unlucky ALL the time.

Saws_n_Sins
3 hours ago, Dusty747 said:

just give it another 4 years and they might figure it it. its like the player spawns they cant wrap their brains around

Spawns need to be completely random to be more fair and just have a minimum distance you're allowed to spawn from somebody else. As of currently everybody knows exactly where others spawn (well at least if you've played enough to learn spawns) and some spawns are a grenade throw from each other

schubbey
vor 2 Stunden schrieb chrisragnar:

The problem is legs, arms and lower stomach not being lethal. So unless you headshot, alot is soaked up in armor, hitting arms that are blocking,

ap20 dealing 164 flesh, he dealt 187 - nothing absorbed by armor - if hit one or both arms, damage should be higher, i assume he shot the stomach instead causing a bleed, thinking he hit the thorax...as i mentioned above sarcastically already its 0.25 accuracy saying he hit thorax 100% :Sgrafik.thumb.png.e70c6c5c175b9bb1bc2e82cd7135a86e.png

Caster89Actual
10 hours ago, schubbey said:

ap20 dealing 164 flesh, he dealt 187 - nothing absorbed by armor - if hit one or both arms, damage should be higher, i assume he shot the stomach instead causing a bleed, thinking he hit the thorax...as i mentioned above sarcastically already its 0.25 accuracy saying he hit thorax 100% :Sgrafik.thumb.png.e70c6c5c175b9bb1bc2e82cd7135a86e.png

I’m confused. When did I say in any of my posts that I had 100% accuracy? In fact I’m pretty sure I said I thought two shots connected but according the AAR one of the shots I thought connected missed and that I was fine with that.

Dusty747
11 hours ago, Saws_n_Sins said:

Spawns need to be completely random to be more fair and just have a minimum distance you're allowed to spawn from somebody else. As of currently everybody knows exactly where others spawn (well at least if you've played enough to learn spawns) and some spawns are a grenade throw from each other

heres a taste of some pathetic spawn mechanics. can we get an ETA on a fix to this trash or was this some type of exploit a cheater was using to load in on top of me to steal 15 mil in gear?

• Hot 1

Caster89Actual
2 minutes ago, Dusty747 said:

heres a taste of some pathetic spawn mechanics. can we get an ETA on a fix to this trash or was this some type of exploit a cheater was using to load in on top of me to steal 15 mil in gear?

They have no plans currently or in the future to fix anything of importance to online FPS games.  
nor do they care.

makes me wish I wouldn’t have paid money for this game but oh well to late now.

schubbey
vor 2 Stunden schrieb Caster89Actual:

When did I say in any of my posts that I had 100% accuracy?

vor 18 Stunden schrieb Caster89Actual:

In the picture shown i caught the drop on someone and pegged him square in his unarmored chest with two AP20 slugs

it only counted one of those shots i landed thanks to BSG's wonderful choice in server infrastructure

Am i missing some mechanic here? why can people one shot me in the thorax but i have to 100% drain their HP?

you never said you have 100% accuracy, still its 0.25 while you say you hit lots of shots that the mean game wont register

most likely they are all hackers using a new type of ammo protection

Caster89Actual
21 minutes ago, schubbey said:

you never said you have 100% accuracy, still its 0.25 while you say you hit lots of shots that the mean game wont register

most likely they are all hackers using a new type of ammo protection

Is this some thinly veiled kind of trolling you are trying?  Because if you are you are like really bad at it, like really bad.

schubbey
vor 39 Minuten schrieb Caster89Actual:

Is this some thinly veiled kind of trolling you are trying?  Because if you are you are like really bad at it, like really bad.

no im not trolling, im serious when i say thats its most likely a you problem with missing shots, not a tarkov or bsg problem

Caster89Actual
13 minutes ago, schubbey said:

no im not trolling, im serious when i say thats its most likely a you problem with missing shots, not a tarkov or bsg problem

So out of my entire original post your take away from that was i was crying that i thought i hit him twice but i guess the game only counted one?

well, you are part right i guess. You aren't a troll. Just ducking dumb.

GeneralBrus

limb dmg needs to spread much more, hitting ppl needs to mean something.

Caster89Actual
4 minutes ago, GeneralBrus said:

limb dmg needs to spread much more, hitting ppl needs to mean something.

Agreed

Maybe if they added arms as part of your torso, but added more HP to the torso health pool? That would probably make shotguns not poo too.

Just spitballin here.

schubbey
vor 26 Minuten schrieb Caster89Actual:

So out of my entire original post your take away from that was i was crying that i thought i hit him twice but i guess the game only counted one?

sorry to say but thats the core, first you cry a bit about your opponent surviving the 0.5% (or in your calculation 100%) chance of surviving overdamage to thorax/head, then you cry that you always need to deal 435 damage to kill someone (thats not true at all just angry) then you show a picture showing you landing a hit and 3 misses while you say that you landed 2 hits and he died but the server doesnt count that because of a 15 second lag - so i assume from what im reading that you were alive 15 seconds after he killed you to see that he died later on but the server wont give you the kill as the screen went black already and lastly you cry about yourself crying all the time

vor 14 Minuten schrieb Caster89Actual:

Maybe if they added arms as part of your torso, but added more HP to the torso health pool?

thorax hp is fine i think, might need to reduce the arms and leg hp pool (and the overall hp pool) while damage numbers and system stays the same in order to strenghten normal buckshot and trash mp

GeneralBrus
vor 49 Minuten schrieb Caster89Actual:

Agreed

Maybe if they added arms as part of your torso, but added more HP to the torso health pool? That would probably make shotguns not poo too.

Just spitballin here.

im telling you, that is a very difficult thing to balance. Right now there is a big problem with the arm blocking a big part of the torso hitbox, thats why your arms are kinda tanking shoots. i know that battlefield 3 had a dmg system where shoulders and upper arms counted as your thorax hitbox, made it very  predictable how many bullets you need to kill your enemy and fixed the arm tanking bullets thing, not really realistic though.

i would say the biggest problem in tarkov is that each bodypart has its own HP pool and that the overdmg doesnt really spread all that much. if you hit a blacked limb its not doing much dmg at all.

Majlo
21 hours ago, Caster89Actual said:

As far as i know there is only supposed to be a very slight chance to live after someone blacks your thorax out right?

The only way to survive getting your thorax to 0, is through bleeding down from 1 HP to 0 HP, if you take any other damage than bleeding to the thorax, you're dead.

If the thorax is already destroyed, and you then proceed to shoot another limb to destruction, that damage will not spread to the thorax, as the game considers the thorax to already be destroyed. You would have to destroy the head or deplete the entire health pool of the enemy in such a case.

Caster89Actual
56 minutes ago, schubbey said:

sorry to say but thats the core, first you cry a bit about your opponent surviving the 0.5% (or in your calculation 100%) chance of surviving overdamage to thorax/head, then you cry that you always need to deal 435 damage to kill someone (thats not true at all just angry) then you show a picture showing you landing a hit and 3 misses while you say that you landed 2 hits and he died but the server doesnt count that because of a 15 second lag - so i assume from what im reading that you were alive 15 seconds after he killed you to see that he died later on but the server wont give you the kill as the screen went black already and lastly you cry about yourself crying all the time

thorax hp is fine i think, might need to reduce the arms and leg hp pool (and the overall hp pool) while damage numbers and system stays the same in order to strenghten normal buckshot and trash mp

Actually I take it back, you have to be trolling. No one aside from people with dyslexia or someone with severe asperger syndrome and is incapable of having normal human interactions would respond the way you did to what i wrote originally.

12 minutes ago, Majlo said:

The only way to survive getting your thorax to 0, is through bleeding down from 1 HP to 0 HP, if you take any other damage than bleeding to the thorax, you're dead.

If the thorax is already destroyed, and you then proceed to shoot another limb to destruction, that damage will not spread to the thorax, as the game considers the thorax to already be destroyed. You would have to destroy the head or deplete the entire health pool of the enemy in such a case.

Thank you!

that was exactly the information I was looking for.

schubbey
vor 2 Stunden schrieb Caster89Actual:

Thank you!

that was exactly the information I was looking for.

Am 30.5.2020 um 15:34 schrieb Caster89Actual:

As far as i know there is only supposed to be a very slight chance to live after someone blacks your thorax out right? like 5% or some crazy small number right?

thought you were trolling with that, my apologies https://escapefromtarkov.gamepedia.com/Health_system

Spoiler

Head/Thorax

Destroyed: Instant death. As it turns out, taking a high powered bullet to the noggin' isn't conducive to your good health. Note that bleeding into the destroyed state does not result in instant death, but any further damage will.