sashatangherian

Hackers are ruining this game

sashatangherian

I am amazed at how many hackers are rampant in this game now. It seriously ruining the experience, I am about to quit myself. 

BSG you promised to have a report feature and a playback feature.... Where is it? 

I've had 4 friends quit playing this game already because of the constant hackers they are running into. Each of those players have also dissuaded 2 of their own friends from buying the game. 

I understand this is a complex problem and you're trying your best to remedy the situation. 

We need a replay feature and a report feature ASAP   

shini_gurui
30 minutes ago, sashatangherian said:

I am amazed at how many hackers are rampant in this game now. It seriously ruining the experience, I am about to quit myself. 

BSG you promised to have a report feature and a playback feature.... Where is it? 

I've had 4 friends quit playing this game already because of the constant hackers they are running into. Each of those players have also dissuaded 2 of their own friends from buying the game. 

I understand this is a complex problem and you're trying your best to remedy the situation. 

We need a replay feature and a report feature ASAP   

ur not the only one about to just quit... this game is just becoming more and more dogshit by the day. but that's just my opinion

Goldarv

Had a good game or two and just got in a game that I had a suspicious death in after about 16 minutes in. A guy named Erast Mrachnyy killed me in customs running across the middle with no noise or nothing except my guy making noises while getting hit. I was even moving erratically and it was one hit after the other in about .5 seconds per hit with no one in sight.

Saws_n_Sins

Ya I was killed earlier to a guy using some kind of wall hack or something. I was sitting in a dark room not peaking any angle that could see out. Was making no noise whatsoever because I wasn't even moving yet he somehow knew exactly where I was at. I was sitting there for a few minutes cause I had an important phone call, so figured I was safe but some guy I can hear after a couple minutes of me being there I hear him running up from the distance. Me still not moving or anything so I made no noise what so ever, he just runs up near where I was and without even peaking into where I was just threw a grenade in. Kinda kills your mood to play this game

_-_Ghost_-_

Jep just got one tap from no where 5 sec after I spawn in! And I was even running through a bush in the dark at the time he shoot me. He was also already level 36.

And it's the same here! I have 5 friend who played this game now i'm the only one left, and I will also stop soon if they do nothing about the hackers.

Did117
Posted (edited)

It's a feature and you payed for it.

When you bought a 5 year old beta access "no fun" game mmo rpg fps qwertyuiop+-*/, that for some odd reason has a flea market in the middle of war torn regional conflict... hmmm... it's almost as if someone was begging for a black market, fed by cheaters, that make enough money off of it and are able to keep buying new accounts endlessly, has long has the game's grind is steep enough so that only paid actors/streamers can actually """enjoy""" the game and the rest of us either suck it up or start spending real money on Zeros and Ones on a 5 year old UNRELEASED BETA ACCESS """GAME""" that has no release date in sight!

The cheaters are a feature, not a problem, not in BSG's perspective, they are making tons of money on cheater accounts, I would even say that right now it's their biggest revenue source. 

You, the guy who bought the game and is exasperating with the utter infinity of WASTED POTENTIAL, can only do one thing, leave.

Remember, no refunds.

Edited by Did117
ups my bad
  • Hot 2
  • Upvote 1

MJelicks

There's no possible way you can be encountering hackers this much that you're about to quit the game. Granted even having one encounter with a hacker shouldn't exist, but to the point of quitting the game? I don't know about that one. Me and my friend I primarily play with have encountered about 2 hackers in our entire (currently 430H) gameplay of EFT. Sure it sucks when we end up losing our high tier gear (it's only occurred on Labs), but they are not rampant enough to make the game unplayable. Onto someone's "5 year beta access" game, I'd rather have it in beta where it's acceptable to have a lot of the bugs this game has, than have it fully released and advertised as a perfect game. They do their best to please their fan base as far as I've seen, and the streamers are not the only ones who enjoy it. Final statement, sometimes the people who quit due to hackers weren't actually killed by hackers as far as I've seen, but they were actually playing stupidly and died from someone who simply knew how to play the game better than them. This game is a hardcore survival FPS, so a lot of the minor aspects people choose to ignore a lot of the time (sounds from movement speeds, or turning, and other such things) can help someone pinpoint your location with decent accuracy. As for Saws n Sins, his case could be someone who tossed a lucky nade, but from his description even I believe it's a hacker. Other than that, we didn't really get descriptions or videos of your experience with hackers, so who's to say you're not just falling victim to someone who plays the game better? Not trying to deny your claim, but simply looking at it from a different angle.

• Sad 3
  • Upvote 2

Bjason1
1 hour ago, MJelicks said:

There's no possible way you can be encountering hackers this much that you're about to quit the game. Granted even having one encounter with a hacker shouldn't exist, but to the point of quitting the game? I don't know about that one. Me and my friend I primarily play with have encountered about 2 hackers in our entire (currently 430H) gameplay of EFT. Sure it sucks when we end up losing our high tier gear (it's only occurred on Labs), but they are not rampant enough to make the game unplayable. Onto someone's "5 year beta access" game, I'd rather have it in beta where it's acceptable to have a lot of the bugs this game has, than have it fully released and advertised as a perfect game. They do their best to please their fan base as far as I've seen, and the streamers are not the only ones who enjoy it. Final statement, sometimes the people who quit due to hackers weren't actually killed by hackers as far as I've seen, but they were actually playing stupidly and died from someone who simply knew how to play the game better than them. This game is a hardcore survival FPS, so a lot of the minor aspects people choose to ignore a lot of the time (sounds from movement speeds, or turning, and other such things) can help someone pinpoint your location with decent accuracy. As for Saws n Sins, his case could be someone who tossed a lucky nade, but from his description even I believe it's a hacker. Other than that, we didn't really get descriptions or videos of your experience with hackers, so who's to say you're not just falling victim to someone who plays the game better? Not trying to deny your claim, but simply looking at it from a different angle.

I don't know what game you're playing but the rest of us are encounter hackers constantly.  It's not like this is the only guy complaining about it.  Go read the hacker thread.  There's hundreds of new videos of verified hackers every day.

Drongash

6 raids on Lab and 6 deads from cheaters. I drop this game, thanks for fun!!!

• Cold 2

Zyfer
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Drongash said:

6 raids on Lab and 6 deads from cheaters. I drop this game, thanks for fun!!!

You're making good decisions 👍

Edited by Zyfer

sashatangherian

Okay... there are literally hackers in almost every game now. This is ridiculous and unacceptable, BSG needs to fix this... 

I guess I'll have to stop playing anymore games until the report feature comes out. 

Great Job, BSG 

Not only are there more hackers but the content of the game is still the same with maybe some minor asset changes on shoreline (that I've noticed).

BSG you promised us a lot of new things and features for this patch... Where are these "features"     

rwan
18 hours ago, MJelicks said:

I dont think youre playing more than 1-2 matches a day then.. Since theyre all over Reserve and labs.. Running 100mph while shooting you through the eyes.. or best one was this guy shooting with Grenade launcher at Dome, headshotting me behind Med bay.. while my mate 1cm away from me didnt hear a thing or take any dmg.. (ASG cant even hit over there from Dome.. impossible to shoot at that angle)

Wintersold13r

there is anyway to report players? i Was killed by carlcrashing while i was in office window at Factory , he entered backwards , come to me like a speedrun and shot me 

LoginTaken
8 hours ago, Wintersold13r said:

there is anyway to report players? i Was killed by carlcrashing while i was in office window at Factory , he entered backwards , come to me like a speedrun and shot me 

You have to have video proof.

Vindsvept

I completely agree that cheaters are now more common then ever. Since everybody has to level up again and get their gear sorted, cheaters are running around on all kinds of maps to ruin other people their fun.

Barangolo
On 5/31/2020 at 3:31 AM, _-_Ghost_-_ said:

Jep just got one tap from no where 5 sec after I spawn in! And I was even running through a bush in the dark at the time he shoot me. He was also already level 36.

Not saying you did not meet a hacker (considering BattleEye banned 3000 players after the first day, 1000 right after, so odds are enormous to run into a cheater at any raid), but what you described could also be a thermal. Especially someone already grinding to level 36 may have obtained one and a thermal at this stage of the game is basically a winning strike, when hardly anyone has NVG's even, let alone thermals.

Aside from that, yeah, I have been killed in ridiculous ways nonstop yesterday, many raids just lasting 15-30 seconds, despite getting away fast from spawn, nightraids, etc. There are definitely about as much cheaters on now as there were before BattleEye got introduced. Those 2 weeks after BE got introduced were sheer bliss.. Seems it will never be a cheater-free game.

KiloNein

There's more motivation for hackers now with the FIR mechanics.

Instead of just taking stuff and putting it in their secure container, now they just fill up and have to kill for XP and then extract to avoid not getting FIR.

LenzOA

just play the game for a couple of weeks after the wipe when there are still many legit players around, after that you have to wait for the next patch because the amount of hackers is just too high.

Barangolo
On 5/31/2020 at 4:09 AM, MJelicks said:

Final statement, sometimes the people who quit due to hackers weren't actually killed by hackers as far as I've seen, but they were actually playing stupidly and died from someone who simply knew how to play the game better than them.

Likewise, your claim of having only encountered 2 cheaters in 430 hours is based on an assumption. If you are not regularly sniped without any indication of location, it means you are not actually playing the game or in large groups only where the sniper is always located and killed. All these times of unexplained death (due to no killcam, how convenient..) can be a potential cheater, don't forget that. Not being able to prove it does not mean it does not exist. Not to speak of ESP, wallhack, distance looting, scav instadeaths, these you will never know about as all seems to go like normal, the list is long.

So rather than trying to discredit anyone who speaks openly about FACTS (just check BSG's tweets of the past days: 3000+, then 1000+ bans, this is TWO days my friend..), you should acknowledge that your assumption is contrary to these hard facts. So you are actually wrong, maybe just lucky. But probably with low awareness as well as after so many hours most of us know the difference between good snipes and obvious BS.

So go easy on words like "stupidity".. ;) A bit more respect towards other players goes a long way.

Barangolo
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, KiloNein said:

There's more motivation for hackers now with the FIR mechanics.

Instead of just taking stuff and putting it in their secure container, now they just fill up and have to kill for XP and then extract to avoid not getting FIR.

Which brings me to an idea: why doesn't BSG monitor players with very high K/D ratios on a RAID level?.. Not the average, as that could be manipulated by purposefully dying in quick raids, but the median, so that it becomes clear who are those that have surreal high kills all over the map in a short time. I think that because cheaters are lazy, they also are in a rush to make money fast, so they will not take their time to kill others. Just an idea.

As for why the FIR change is not a bad thing: cheaters can probably still distance-loot, use ESP, wallhack, etc. If they want to avoid being reported for suspicious behaviour, they are better off killing scavs for XP, so FIR works. So I see no motivation to kill players. In fact, scavs may now become more of a target. So the only change for them is to distance loot or kill, then avoid confrontation and extract. I think that before the FIR change, cheaters were never using just the gamma either. They probably go in with big packs that they stash full, so they need to extract either way.

btw, we're at 5500+ bans acc to the BSG Twitter and we're only a few days in.. 700 more, comes to 6200+.

Edited by Barangolo

Barangolo

Considering about 30 server sites, that's more than 200 for each server site, within a few days. A cheater does a fast wipe, you can do the math how big the odds are you are on a raid with a cheater. Pretty big.