Alkite

Nerf Armor Buff Bullets

Alkite

https://streamable.com/xxpyty
20-30 rounds 5.45x39 T, half of which were arms and legs

Every gunfight is either you or them dead instantly or mag dump each other until the game realizes one of you should be dead, just like its always been in our great "Hardcore and realistic shooter"

Edited by Alkite
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Xbuk

I am seeing similar to what you posted a lot! It is super frustrating. I wonder what the devs would think of your video?

SR_Madruga

Its being frustrating for me too, for a "realistic shooter" it sometimes is very arcade, I mean, If your enemy is using some kind of armor, but you  see him first, you shoot him first and you hit him, he should be at least dizzy, even if he didn't receive some damage... Iron man is jealous from those armors... Devs please dont let this game become a guns blazing running arena, take some time and invest in a tactical experience...

Yeavo

Not just that ammo doesn't do damage enough to armors to cause fear in armored players. Many of the so called "hardcore" mechanics in this game just make higher level players feel more invulnerable, which they kind of are. Unless you are certain level have progressed the traders or can afford the price on the flea market, you're pretty much fucked when trying to engage a high-tier geared player. Whether you laid an ambush or got the drop on him from behind doens't seem to matter since he'll just 180 and laser spray you full of high tier high pen. ammo. In the real world he who gets the first shot (that hits) usually wins. Some players and streamers seem to hate the very concept of playing it carefully trying to get the clean shot. And for the streamers I get it, its not very entertaining to watch. However calling this game in its current state realistic is a stretch by any meassure. The only thing I would consider "realistic" is the amount (not even function) of mods and accessories to weapons.

Recently I was looking old captured footage of me and my friends playing and that got me thinking how I felt when I was playing back before 0.12.0. Before the addition of the surgical kits I tried to limb out of engagements and raids so much more than I do now. Now I just neutralize the threat, find a nice quiet corner, do a bit of life saving surgery on myself with no anesthesia and slab a band-aid on it afterwards, and continue my merry raid. BSG might aswell add the option to bring in a bitcoin that might be exchanged for full health in-raid through the character menu. Its that unrealistic and retarded mechanic.

Edited by Yeavo
  • Like 1

Aazatgrabya
1 hour ago, Yeavo said:

Before the addition of the surgical kits I tried to limb out of engagements and raids so much more than I do now. Now I just neutralize the threat, find a nice quiet corner, do a bit of life saving surgery on myself with no anesthesia and slab a band-aid on it afterwards, and continue my merry raid.

I agree with you re healing.  This needs attention.  Right now being able to revive yourself from such life threatening damage to perceptibly a full health soldier is a bit crazy.  I too fondly remember the gameplay trying to avoid damage an limping out of a mission.

1 hour ago, Yeavo said:

Not just that ammo doesn't do damage enough to armors to cause fear in armored players. Many of the so called "hardcore" mechanics in this game just make higher level players feel more invulnerable, which they kind of are. Unless you are certain level have progressed the traders or can afford the price on the flea market, you're pretty much fucked when trying to engage a high-tier geared player.

I tend to be on the other side of the fence re armour/ammo power argument.  I think it is fine that we have some really powerful armour and ammo that can be devastating (it's fun to find and use and heart breaking to lose).  The change I would like to see is it's rarity.  Perhaps only finding the best of the best on Scav bosses (and perhaps not even 100% of the time there either).  Then when you're awarded with it it is already damaged from the fight you had getting it.  The best ammo found also on these scavs are a reward for the fight.  The faster you're able to kill the boss, the more ammo you're likely to get out with.

Sure this might start more Boss farming, but with multiple spawn locations (if they spawn at all) will spread out the chance of other's, not just the streamers, getting their hands on it.

Finally when you do get some of this prestigious gear once you die with it, you have to work hard to get more.  This will make it far less likely to find hundreds of them on the flea market - if at all.

davidj123456

Do not ever use bad ammo. T ammo is garbage and it is not surprising you did not kill anything. For 5.45x39mm the WORST you should be using is BP, and ideally BT. Stop using the crap ammo and you will struggle less.
Here is the LOWEST/WORST ammo you should use for each caliber. If you either can't buy it from Traders or it is too expensive from Flea, DO NOT USE THE GUN THAT FIRES IT:
5.45x39mm: BP or BT
5.56x45mm: M856A1 or M855A1
7.62x39mm: PS
7.62x51mm: M80
7.62x54mm: LPS Gzh
9x39mm: SP-5 or SP-6
5.7x28mm: SS190
9x19mm: Pst Gzh or AP6.3
4.6x30mm: FMJ SX
9x18mm: PBM or PMM

For the list above where I have given 2 options, the one on the right is the better one. For 9x19mm and 9x18mm always aim for the head unless you just won't kill anything.

If you want I am in a clan which is focused on coaching new players and intermediate players. We have a number of both visual and textual guides to help you, and we are very good at both explaining and showing stuff to you which is crucial information. Most of us who do coaching have 2000-5000 hours so we know what we are talking about. My discord is davidj123456#2334, add me if you are interested!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

RValle

@davidj123456 I think that's not the point of the post. Seeing that video makes me wonder why are those rounds in the game? Unloading a 5.45 on a dude should be enough to kill no matter the ammo, specially from that distance.

davidj123456

Its ammo that isn't designed to penetrate that class of armor

Grovak
On 5/31/2020 at 3:52 PM, Alkite said:

Every gunfight is either you or them dead instantly or mag dump each other until the game realizes one of you should be dead, just like its always been in our great "Hardcore and realistic shooter"

maybe dont use rounds that have 20 pen, this game was definitely supposed to be realistic and in it first few iterations it was a lot mor realistic than it is today, but honestly it is moving much more towards immersive than realistic and that's not a terrible thing. There are still lots of punishing things about this game and yes even the THICC players succumb to them from time to time as well, like a scav buckshot head, eyes from 100m away.  

Plain and simple USE BETTER AMMO, you want ammo to be buffed but you literally chose one of the worst options for that caliber. Need cash to buy better rounds? Would that guy have survived IRL hell no, but this is a game at the end of the day and realism is sacrificed for game play. Ie Taking Ibuprofen for running on blacked legs taking pretty minimal damage in the process. <---- not realistic but works for the same of game play. Altyn helmet is class 5 in the game but in reality it only resists against a few pistol rounds.

There have been many concessions made for the sake of gameplay and things will also be MUCH different once the new armor system gets implemented where plates will be required to be changed in a plate carrier because they will get damaged and anywhere there isn't a plate might be soft armor only good against most pistol rounds but armors like the slick and the trooper also will no longer protect your side ribs which currently they do. 

kennyream66
On 5/31/2020 at 12:52 PM, Alkite said:

I have never used T ammo in 1300 hours of playing this game. That is your problem. Buy better bullets that penetrate or aim for the face.

TacticalBazza

So why are the rounds even in the game? Seems to me they purely exist so that newer players are forced to use them and eat poo when facing off against players who have access to better ammo?

For the amount of jerking off about the 'complexity' of this game because of the million different types of ammo in this game, a lot of them sure are ducking pointless.

Why don't BSG just remove all the pointless noobtrap 'never use these' ammo types and buff all the armors so you actually have a contest of who is better at FPS mechanics rather than this who-sees-who-first garbage

• Like 1