Sign in to follow this  
Badhabit666

why is this game so much more fun after the wipe?

Badhabit666

its incredible, im having an absoloute blast. tactical gameplay is leading to success for the first time ive played tarkov, before the wipe i was sitting at 30% surv rate and about 3KD and now ive got a 80% survival rate with a freakin 20.3 kd?

i didnt change my playstyle and i havent improved my skills that much, if at all i ve lost some. took a break for about a week.

before the wipe i was constantly getting one tapped from nowhere in completely redicolous spots, while hiding in bushes barely if not at all visible.

ive thought about why the gameplay and the reward for different kinds of approaches changed that much, i would like to point at thermals but that would mean that 90% of the players were running around with thermals, i cant really believe that.

as a fairly new tarkov player (300h) i dont have that much experience on what impacts the gameplay so hard, its also my first wipe.

what do veterans of this game say to this? why did the gameplay change SO drastically? did they implement a new anticheat with 12.6? id be happy to narrow it down, for myself and hopefully for the devs.

whatever happened there made tarkov my favourite shooter.

take care lads, cheers!

Artemus_z

its a combination of everything you said but most importantly, you are now playing against a majority of newer players, last month before the wipe only the grindiest veterans were playing, and now 90% of the playerbase is the returning guys who just want to have some fun.

Overkill_Reaper

I agree, I’m having way more fun playing now then I ever did pre wipe. 
Less Thermals, less distribution of armor piercing ammo, and a reduction of cheaters are the most likely reasons. 

_Dodger
Posted (edited)

The simple fact is that it is a very leveled playing field, most have the same weapons and armor (no bulletproof tanks walking around) that coupled with the fact that Everybody seems to be extra careful only makes the player using tactics that much better (because there aren't alot of players just "running & gunning) ......I have had a blast playing as well,....but dont worry level 6 armor and "Play and spray" will be back in a couple of weeks (If that) so enjoy the begging my friend!......lol

Edited by Seneca____