Sign in to follow this  
LasseNielsen

Game isn't fun anymore

LasseNielsen

Overall i actually like the new changes. It's more of a survival game then a FPS game now... But...

Before us casual players could use the fleamarket to try and level the playing field between bad, mediocre and good players. Newbies and Pro's.

Buying better guns, ammo and armour.

Now... The good players already have good gear, in under a week from the wipe.

And the rest of us,  we have to choose if it's worth it, to invest in a Paca or not. 28k roubles is a lot of money in the beginning.

This opens a huge can of worms, the demand for ingame roubles is going to be higher then ever before, becourse casual players are strugling.

I would never pay real money for ingame money... I do however find myself not playing as much as i thought i would. And my playgroup aren't playing either 😕
I just don't feel like going into customs doing a quest with a saiga 9 when the que is full of players 10-15 levels higher then me.

The game needs matchmaking. PvP kill/death ratio is my opinion.

Somehow the "Hardcore" concept in Tarkov is giving every advantage to veteran players... Shouldn't the good players play against other good players? wouldn't that be the hardcore part? that every PMC you encounter is a worthy opponent? 

I'm not good by any standard, i'm about below average i would say, but in the last wipe. I didn't get any feeling of victory killing of a low level player with shitty gear. 

Is it just me? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Krymz_
Posted (edited)

havent even tried this patch yet, mostly because of my unreliable wifi. but I'd also enjoy the game more without the PvP. I liked it when it was hard to find an other player in your game, now it's "haha you're dead before you even shot a bullet or played 2minutes LUL"

Edited by Krymz_

Harvg123
13 hours ago, LasseNielsen said:

And the rest of us,  we have to choose if it's worth it, to invest in a Paca or not. 28k roubles is a lot of money in the beginning.

First thing I did this wipe (whilst at work so i had no sound) was go on 4/5 scav runs on different maps to increase my starting gear. I came out with a class 4 armour (and one gzhel with full durability) every raid AND 3 shitty guns each time. All better than what you start with! I understand this isnt easy as a new player but eventually it all just clicks and the game becomes alot easier when you get the mechanics locked down

LasseNielsen

I actually haven't died yet as a scav. I have decent enough gear from scavs raids.

Problem is that most loot from scav runs, i need my self for hideout and quest.

I need to bring out two ak's to sell to a trader, to buy a paca.

The whole idea behind trying to slow people progression, it doens't work... I know he is crazy but Pestily is running around with gen4 assault, altyn and surpressed ak's with drum mags. It's an extreme example... But he isn't the only one. Try taking him out with a AK-74 without a sight with T ammo... good luck.

If people want to rush the quests and get endgame gear. they can apparently do it in under a week anyway. That just leaves people who doesn't have 2-5 hours to play everyday behind. And with the changes it's just gonna get worse.

My main issue is that, doing PMC runs is a whole other story, you get spawn rushed, people camp quest locations. Dying 1 min into a raid loosing 150k roubles gear from a raid when you a level 4. That poo hurts.

If a game isn't fun or learning you to how to get better... Then you are gonna stop, and play something else.

I like Tweak, don't get me wrong. but I saw him seriously tell people that ask how to earn money in Tarkov. Farm Killa... Reshala on Customs spawns with good gear, farm him. Use an SVD, you can get on from Schurmann on Woods...

That just shows how completely out of sync streamers are with the people strugling in Tarkov. 
If you have the skills to farm the Bosses and their bodyguards... You not asking a streamer how to make money.

RottGoku
Posted (edited)

I dont think they're trying to make this game better ,2 of my friends just stop playing because of the Fleamarket change,and this make me wanna quit too.

I mean there are several different types of people playing this game ,and they just gave up on some of them, if they still wanna stick with their thoughts , thats fine ,just remember half of the players started to play this game since the 0.12 patch came out.they are LOSING players.

I think the most annoying thing about this change is that now finishing tasks is much much harder than it was before ,without tasks u cant unlock items that helps u in raid , and Nikita said this is a FPS game , how is this FPS if some players cant buy a proper gun? I dont mean they should delete the tasks, at least the tasks shouldnt be that hard and they really should delete some of them. Remember most of us are NOT a streamer or a youtuber , we dont have that much time , but we still do wanna enjoy gunfights thats not that imbalanced(like pistol no armor vs. faceshields or so).

I hope they can make some changes about that , EFT is the best game i've ever played , but now i just feel frustrated cuz my friends dont even wanna play with me anymore.

Edited by RottGoku
  • Upvote 1

GabeReal
Posted (edited)

I agree getting behind is a problem.

Don't wont to seem like a winger, but at least you are in the game. I have spent 5 days looking at an error that prevents me getting into the game. Apparently a profile reset will fix it but I can't do that until June 18th and seems like support can't (or won't) either. At that rate try being 3 weeks behind the curve.

If BSG could do some sort of matching based on level so you don't always get level 4s in with level 40s it would be better. I mean you want to be able to come up against them, so you can win and brag to your buddy about the CHAD you took down, but it should be more an exception than every game.

If you want a tip on kiling people, stop using T ammo. Most streamers will tell you, the guns are not what kill people, its the ammo. Even if you use a bad gun, get the best ammo you can afford. 

A fully geared player with bad ammo will lose to a basic geared player with great ammo more often than you think. Thats why the mosin is so deadly.

Edited by GabeReal

Yarbay
vor 17 Stunden schrieb LasseNielsen:

Overall i actually like the new changes. It's more of a survival game then a FPS game now... But...

Before us casual players could use the fleamarket to try and level the playing field between bad, mediocre and good players. Newbies and Pro's.

Buying better guns, ammo and armour.

Now... The good players already have good gear, in under a week from the wipe.

This opens a huge can of worms, the demand for ingame roubles is going to be higher then ever before, becourse casual players are strugling.

I would never pay real money for ingame money... I do however find myself not playing as much as i thought i would. And my playgroup aren't playing either 😕
I just don't feel like going into customs doing a quest with a saiga 9 when the que is full of players 10-15 levels higher then me.

The game needs matchmaking. PvP kill/death ratio is my opinion.

Somehow the "Hardcore" concept in Tarkov is giving every advantage to veteran players... Shouldn't the good players play against other good players? wouldn't that be the hardcore part? that every PMC you encounter is a worthy opponent? 

I'm not good by any standard, i'm about below average i would say, but in the last wipe. I didn't get any feeling of victory killing of a low level player with shitty gear. 

Is it just me? 

Tarkov is not a fun game Tarkov is the ultimate experience of what no other game on the market can offer. This includes being disappointed, this includes team player kill, this includes all the experiences you have got. With this experience, you then look at all the other games and realize that they are all similar. Then you appreciate Tarkov with all its bugs and mistakes.

Tarkov is a big project and it takes time to complete it. Hate it or love it.

Its an adventure how will your survive ?

• Sad 1

LasseNielsen
8 minutes ago, GabeReal said:

I agree getting behind is a problem.

Don't wont to seem like a winger, but at least you are in the game. I have spent 5 days looking at an error that prevents me getting into the game. Apparently a profile reset will fix it but I can't do that until June 18th and seems like support can't (or won't) either. At that rate try being 3 weeks behind the curve.

If BSG could do some sort of matching based on level so you don't always get level 4s in with level 40s it would be better. I mean you want to be able to come up against them, so you can win and brag to your buddy about the CHAD you took down, but it should be more an exception than every game.

If you want a tip on kiling people, stop using T ammo. Most streamers will tell you, the guns are not what kill people, its the ammo. Even if you use a bad gun, get the best ammo you can afford. 

A fully geared player with bad ammo will lose to a basic geared player with great ammo more often than you think. Thats why the mosin is so deadly.

Hey  Gabe 🙂 just to point it out, you actually made my argument for me...

Don't use T ammo...

But that is the best 5,45 ammo you can buy when you start the game... 

Before wipe i used 10 BS rounds topped on BT mags. 

LasseNielsen
2 minutes ago, Yarbay said:

Tarkov is not a fun game Tarkov is the ultimate experience of what no other game on the market can offer. This includes being disappointed, this includes team player kill, this includes all the experiences you have got. With this experience, you then look at all the other games and realize that they are all similar. Then you appreciate Tarkov with all its bugs and mistakes.

Tarkov is a big project and it takes time to complete it. Hate it or love it.

Its an adventure how will your survive ?

Tarkov is not a fun game? what kind of argument is that about a computer game...

And just to add something, Tarkov is in no way realistic. It might be more realistic then other FPS but it's nothing like real combat.

It's actually fun, People feeling greed and their survival instincts are really close. So tarkov does give an extra level of wanting to live, that other games don't.

However... The no 1 advise people say, is to get over gearfear... Don't worry about dying... But thats the complete opposite of what tarkov is all about.

Kral
4 minutes ago, LasseNielsen said:

Hey  Gabe 🙂 just to point it out, you actually made my argument for me...

Don't use T ammo...

But that is the best 5,45 ammo you can buy when you start the game... 

Before wipe i used 10 BS rounds topped on BT mags. 

You can loot BT ammo all over, I've been using BT/BS/Igolnik when available this wipe, all looted, and switching to other calibers when I don't have any of those. Success in Tarkov is as much about the decisions you make before you enter a raid as it is the decisions you make once you're in, and sometimes you'll find yourself in a tough spot where you can't equip yourself to deal with PVP at all and will need to break off from fights.

It'll be interesting to see how FiR affects the ammo players use, tight personal buy limits should make it really difficult for the hardcore players to run the best ammo all the time.

Speznat
Posted (edited)

the flea market change broke my motivation. 

the gap between normal people and no lifers/streamers are to big right now, even if you can afford a proper gun it costs like 3-5 times more than before the damn change. its hilarious. 

the gap between skilled players and moderate to low players is way much to high. it ruins the experience of some of my freinds and mine too. its bad integrated its not thoguht to an end. and on top of that its un immersive. on a flea makret noone ever asked were you got that poo from.

and all this wipes over the years kills motivation too. it makes me just sad. sometimes i regret donating them so much money. sometimes not. but with recent change im pissed like hell.

Edited by Speznat

LasseNielsen
59 minutes ago, Kral said:

You can loot BT ammo all over, I've been using BT/BS/Igolnik when available this wipe, all looted, and switching to other calibers when I don't have any of those. Success in Tarkov is as much about the decisions you make before you enter a raid as it is the decisions you make once you're in, and sometimes you'll find yourself in a tough spot where you can't equip yourself to deal with PVP at all and will need to break off from fights.

It'll be interesting to see how FiR affects the ammo players use, tight personal buy limits should make it really difficult for the hardcore players to run the best ammo all the time.

So your argument is that you can loot good ammo... 

How does that help a new player, dealing with chads?

You would need to go into a raid, RNG up some good ammo, then extract and use it next raid...

My entire issue, is that new players don't have access to tools to deal with players in good armour.

The issue is, they shouldn't be pitted against people they can't win against in the first place.

If you have the gear to deal with chads, but don't bring it into a raid, thats on you. But what does new players do?

Everything in the game favors veteran players...

name 1 thing that newbies have going for them?

I'am not saying it should be an easy mode for new or casual players. But people actually stop playing becourse it's to difficult.

Yarbay
vor einer Stunde schrieb Speznat:

the flea market change broke my motivation. 

the gap between normal people and no lifers/streamers are to big right now, even if you can afford a proper gun it costs like 3-5 times more than before the damn change. its hilarious. 

the gap between skilled players and moderate to low players is way much to high. it ruins the experience of some of my freinds and mine too. its bad integrated its not thoguht to an end. and on top of that its un immersive. on a flea makret noone ever asked were you got that poo from.

and all this wipes over the years kills motivation too. it makes me just sad. sometimes i regret donating them so much money. sometimes not. but with recent change im pissed like hell.

we are all in the same boat if something does not fit and is exploited. Then it is time to change something and then gets the highest priority. You seem to be new to the forum, I've been around a little longer and have learned to be patient. You notice the small improvements in the movement and that they are working on the audio system. It is not perfect but it is done in small steps.

My motivation to continue playing goes away when I see that absolutely nothing is being done, but that was due to the Corona stay at home. Nikita kept his promise and renewed the audio system, my motivation is to have a new experience with Tarkov. Every raid I visit is not the same and that makes it so appealing. I loved the new movement lean when phrone and i hope someday we get a climbing skill ladder or rocks and walls with the red rebell like Tomb Raider :D

Kral
7 minutes ago, LasseNielsen said:

So your argument is that you can loot good ammo... 

How does that help a new player, dealing with chads?

You would need to go into a raid, RNG up some good ammo, then extract and use it next raid...

My entire issue, is that new players don't have access to tools to deal with players in good armour.

The issue is, they shouldn't be pitted against people they can't win against in the first place.

If you have the gear to deal with chads, but don't bring it into a raid, thats on you. But what does new players do?

Everything in the game favors veteran players...

name 1 thing that newbies have going for them?

I'am not saying it should be an easy mode for new or casual players. But people actually stop playing becourse it's to difficult.

As a new player joining mid-wipe, quest locations have much less traffic so can be easier to do, quest items and keys are much cheaper as the demand is way lower, Hideout items can be bought much cheaper and insurance is much more likely to come back as most players won't take low level kits.

It's difficult to cater to new players too much because anything you do to give them a leg up will be used by experienced players too. The Mosin is a good example, people said it would be great for new players but the reality is that experienced players use it to one tap new players who can't access the armor needed to stop those rounds. I don't think Tarkov should make it too easy either, part of what draws players in is the challenge, ultimately Tarkov is a hardcore game and instead of catering to the players who bail because it's too hard the devs are catering to the players who stick around. The player base has grown massively this year so I'd say their approach is working just fine.

As a new player you need to learn when to take a fight and when to run, we all went through it at some point and came through the other side. Tarkov is a hard game even after you've learned it, I've put a ton of hours into it yet can still have brutal days where I lose half my gear and seem to catch a bullet to the face every raid. If players are quitting early because it's too hard, I'd say Tarkov is not the game for them.

KaelTheInvoker

Casuals and arcade players must not have voting rights. Good luck.

• Sad 1

LasseNielsen
33 minutes ago, Kral said:

As a new player joining mid-wipe, quest locations have much less traffic so can be easier to do, quest items and keys are much cheaper as the demand is way lower, Hideout items can be bought much cheaper and insurance is much more likely to come back as most players won't take low level kits.

It's difficult to cater to new players too much because anything you do to give them a leg up will be used by experienced players too. The Mosin is a good example, people said it would be great for new players but the reality is that experienced players use it to one tap new players who can't access the armor needed to stop those rounds. I don't think Tarkov should make it too easy either, part of what draws players in is the challenge, ultimately Tarkov is a hardcore game and instead of catering to the players who bail because it's too hard the devs are catering to the players who stick around. The player base has grown massively this year so I'd say their approach is working just fine.

As a new player you need to learn when to take a fight and when to run, we all went through it at some point and came through the other side. Tarkov is a hard game even after you've learned it, I've put a ton of hours into it yet can still have brutal days where I lose half my gear and seem to catch a bullet to the face every raid. If players are quitting early because it's too hard, I'd say Tarkov is not the game for them.

You shouldn't only cater to people who stick around. You need to sell copies, make money. Servers are expensive, 100 people working on it is to. Thats a lot of new copies every month to sell just to not go into red.

If tarkov continue alienating new players. It'll stop generating money. Then it becomes a subscription game instead, paid by the old player base. Being a extremely hard game to start in, less and less people will play. 

Reason why people started playing Tarkov, is that most long time tarkov gamers/streamers, said now it's the time to play. Then some of the biggest streamers startet playing and their viewers joined in. Add the hype from the twitch drop event, and you have a massive increase in new players.

I love Tarkov... i just love it less now. Becourse the difference between new/casual and "full-timers" is massive right now. Everybody said when the wipe comes everybody is going to be equal... But the difference have never been more noticeable.

Can someone please explain to me, why matchmaking is such a nasty word in this community of players?

And please use arguments, that aren't git gud or it's hardcore... 

A full sweaty level 67 with endgame gear... Killing a level 1 wearing a paca and a makarov, how is that hardcore?

Shouldn't the game be hard for the level 67? or does he just need to kill newbies to feel better about himself.
What an accomplishment, way to go.

Kral
5 minutes ago, LasseNielsen said:

Sorry I maybe could've been a bit clearer, when I said "the players that stick around" I wasn't just talking about existing players. When new players come into the game some will stick around and some will get fed up and move on to something else, like every other game. When you try to cater to more casual gamers you risk pushing out the hardcore players and turning the game into a shallow experience that doesn't retain new players for long. PUBG has somewhat gone down this route and is losing players now. Tarkov is made by a small company and yet it's been massively successful because of how hardcore and deep it is, I've put a ton of hours in yet I still feel like I'm progressing and learning with every wipe. You mentioned high level players stomping on the new guys but it was those fights that really sucked me into the game and made me want to learn more back when I was starting out. I don't know about you but I find dying to pistols and mosins much more frustrating than dying to a geared guy, and those early victories where I managed to grenade one of those heavy gear guys or blast his legs out with a shotgun were some of my favourite moments.

I do wonder about their long term plan for server costs, Nikita has shut down any talk of microtransactions but if they want Tarkov to keep going for years after release I'm not sure how else they handle it, unless they're confident that DLC sales will cover it. That's their problem to figure out though.

• Like 1

LasseNielsen
Posted (edited)

I like what you say Kral 🙂

It's what got me into the game as well. I like it's more then just click and shoot. I like that every action has consequence.

I'am just saying, that the learning curve wouldn't be so steep for us casual players if we were matched with people around our own skill.

I don't learn anything from being sniped in the head spawning in.

And hardcore gamers would find that their raids aren't full of easy newbies to kill anymore. isn't that the whole meaning about tarkov... that it never gets easy. 

Pestily's raid on customs killing 10 PMC's, none of them was higher then level 30. If he wasn't in that raid... I'am pretty sure most players in that raid would have had more fun and learning more fighting each other, then getting steamrolled by Pestily a level 65 player.

Edited by LasseNielsen

BanditMaka

I remember saying to a new player, that flee was a bad addition as he just sat playing the market, too afraid to enter a raid, and not dying enough to get over that fear.
He argued the points you all make here, and I argued that removing it would force him to actually play the game.

Well they didn't remove flee, but they have at least made it so people actually need to raid and actually need to survive.

These are good changes, and the vast majority of complaints come from people who never played Tarkov, without the Market. So its easy to question how well rounded their perspectives are.

Did117

This game devolved into a cheater infested walking grind simulator.

The gun porn? LOL awsum for screenshots, because it's all about the meta rate of fire and bullet type. All weapons are different skins of the same thing, all that varies is rate of fire and whatever you put in the chamber.

The PvP? LOL awsum for twitch paid actors, because it's all about their custom made servers with specially catered streamer loot

The PvE? LOL awsum aimboting wallbaging bullet sponges, very good for twitch streams and paid actors with their custom made servers, any metal gear from the early 2000's has better AI than this poorly concocted trash

The game design/mechanics? LOL awsum for feeding the cheater black markets with more dissatisfied game owners that really don't mind paying REAL LIFE CASH for ZEROS AND ONES on a 5+ year old beta access game, because they don't have the time nor the patience to """play""" the game the way the developers want.

All of this while there is a record number of people playing the game, it really makes you think, how come the game is getting worst and worst, the actual content gets more and more scarce (full wipe for a patch that added broken sound mechanics and flea market changes!? AFTER ALMOST A YEAR?! WAT), yet for some reason more and more people pour in...

It's almost as if there are paid actors pushing the game hard on twitch, with the twitch drop scheme, all of which designed to peddle lies and deceit to millions of unsuspecting potential consumers...

It's almost as if 90% of the owners of this games just played it a few times and left...

Hmmmmmmm

1551289531437.gif

LasseNielsen
10 minutes ago, BanditMaka said:

I remember saying to a new player, that flee was a bad addition as he just sat playing the market, too afraid to enter a raid, and not dying enough to get over that fear.
He argued the points you all make here, and I argued that removing it would force him to actually play the game.

Well they didn't remove flee, but they have at least made it so people actually need to raid and actually need to survive.

These are good changes, and the vast majority of complaints come from people who never played Tarkov, without the Market. So its easy to question how well rounded their perspectives are.

I actually like the new fleamarket... I have a friend just like that. Spending hours flipping items on there. Only wanting to do scav runs. Bringing low level gear when we finally got him into a game. Not wanting to do quests.

I think the idea of the SC items getting found in raid tags, if you get enough XP that you can extract without a run through is an awesome idea. It promotes playing and staying in raids longer. And it's easier for new people to get their quest done.

Lanroud
Posted (edited)
6 часов назад, Yarbay сказал:

Nikita kept his promise and renewed the audio system

He didn't, men. All that was done - is improvement of positioning by sound with this binaural illusion.

But the sound systems are still the same. And I don't like this. I was once killed on a stairs in reserve without hearing a dude that came out 2m from me. 

After that I deleted the game and decided to wait for a steam audio. Now I'm playing again and I like new positioning. But I thought that they will do more in new patch. Looks like it needs couple more years to be done.

feelsbadman

Edited by Lanroud

Complex_Basics

Both EFT and Hunt: Showdown share the same problem for me. They're both multiplayer only.

I'd love to play these games, but my internet is dogshit, and i've lost my love for PvP a long time ago.

LasseNielsen

I'am done, i don't want to play anymore. 

Just did a shoreline run, spawned at Ruined Road/tunnels as a PMC.

Walk over the boat to the island, check the 2 medical bags as the first thing, hear the first suppressed shot while checking bag no 2. Inside the shed mind you.

Thinking, that sounded close, but i have the closest spawn. Nobody should be able to be here before me, and i Never heard anybody go over the metal on the boat. So the audio of the shot most be weird, and he is farther away.

Walked out of the shed looking around, it's dark 4am, gets 1 tapped in the head, by a suppressed TT pistol.
Around 2 mins into the raid.

The game just isn't fun to play anymore...

I will come back to it at some point, but right now. Fck this game. Without matchmaking, newbies and casual players are just payed actors for streamers and no-lifers.

I'am not becoming a better Tarkov player by getting 1 tapped 2 mins into the raid.

Stouffy

People seems to be satisfied with the new audio system, i must do something wrong cause sometime i don't hear the guys who just walked right next to me before he shoot me closed range , happened 2 time today :s another wierd bug is once or twice i heard gun shot from the left that was obviously shot from the right but that is pretty rare, other than that i'm hitting the same wall as other casual player...not playing enought so rouble is a pain in the ass since  your are forced to spent it for everything 10k a bottle of water??come on..21k for a helmet almost 30k for a paca.. if there was an "easy" way to farm rouble but nothing is easy is tarkov ^^ i'm gonna keep playing but i don't think i'm gonna play for long before doing another 2 /3 year break

Btw is there any easy way to do the "delevery from past" i tried hiding where i spawn or near it but PMC just know where i was and i died like in the 1st minute..now i have to do custom again ^^

• Sad 1