Sign in to follow this  
jbeaty

Advice you wish someone had given you?

jbeaty

Hey all, just started playing Tarkov for the first time today and it’s a blast. That being said I’ve been looking for help wherever I can find it, and I’d love to see what the community thinks was some the important things they’d want to pass along. 

Have mostly been sticking to one map so far (customs) to get the feel of a place, and hoarding loot. Haven’t devoted any resources to my hideout yet either. 

What’s a good balance between items/ types of items you want to keep multiple of versus sell and free up space?

Is the hideout important early game or should I focus on character building first? 

I realize this can vary between preference, and even if you don’t address these questions I’m happy to hear whatever info you want to contribute! Thanks!

Billy_Bo_Bob

Here is some advice for you. You will have bad days and really bad days.

JeanMarie

If they like the game they can also try : BDSM

TUALMASOK

Some items you want to keep a hold of, either for upgrades or sale value once you unlock the flea market. Your best bet is to check the wiki entries for the hideout and trader tasks, then you will have a reasonable idea of what to keep and what to sell.

The hideout allows you to craft certain items, a lot of which you can use for tasks, upgrades, or just to sell for a profit. I focused on upgrading it last wipe, but only because it was my first time with it and I wanted to see what it could do.

Try and play on different maps. Customs is required early on for quests, but Shoreline can be a lot safer. Check the maps on the wiki and learn the extracts.