Making the team-play more lively

First i would like to say, that even though i rage as hard and as often as ever, most of the changes you have made are to the benefit of the game long term. I was never the guy that would rather sit on flee market gauging random people for every ruble, than go geared into raids and get in fights and get poo to sell like someone that prefers to play the game (learn how to play and get better by playing), rather than worry about how many millions i am sitting on. In my opinion the "found in raid" change helps to eliminate the flee market as a crutch, and shifts focus to the main meat of the game... you know the actual gun-play and tense situations, instead of running hatched with no consequences and killing yourself when you find that LEDX. So props to you for thinking long term health, and plowing through the hate, keep on keeping on.

Anyway, to my suggestion. I was just playing with few of my buddies, and i tried to bind my voice lines so i can react with my dude in game, and it is near impossible to react appropriately, and swiftly to all situations. So i though, how about a system where when something happens, the PMC reacts automatically (or has a % chance to react automatically). For example, i spot a dude in the distance, and i place my crosshair on him, my PMC says quietly (couse not engaged yet) that he has a contact on his own without my input. Or if i kill someone, the PMC yells enemy down, etc. Some voice-lines may be guaranteed (kill, reload, contact etc.), some may be percentage based ("What was that" reaction to gunshots, or "ducking terragroup" when he sees the logo), and some may stay button push only (hand signals, follow me, stop etc.). You can make it so that it can be turned on or of in the menu for people that don't want it. I think it would make the raids a lot more lively, interactive, immersive, and a bit more challenging, since you are risking giving your position away somewhat randomly. It can also be automatically off, if you are playing solo, and than it kicks in when you are in a group.

N1shazu
On 6/2/2020 at 2:06 PM, Brom0id said:

So i though, how about a system where when something happens, the PMC reacts automatically (or has a % chance to react automatically). For example, i spot a dude in the distance, and i place my crosshair on him, my PMC says quietly (couse not engaged yet) that he has a contact on his own without my input. Or if i kill someone, the PMC yells enemy down, etc. Some voice-lines may be guaranteed (kill, reload, contact etc.), some may be percentage based ("What was that" reaction to gunshots, or "ducking terragroup" when he sees the logo), and some may stay button push only (hand signals, follow me, stop etc.). You can make it so that it can be turned on or of in the menu for people that don't want it. I think it would make the raids a lot more lively, interactive, immersive, and a bit more challenging, since you are risking giving your position away somewhat randomly. It can also be automatically off, if you are playing solo, and than it kicks in when you are in a group.

I think an in game voip is what is needed. Voice lines are totally useless in my opinion, it is planned, now are players gonna use it? I doubt it apart for random encounters. 3rd part software such as discord give you the advantage of not being spotted when speaking but kills immersion. The last thing we need in this game is anyway your character to taunt or drop voice lines in situations where he should not. Arma 3 task force radio for example was using Team speak plugins to force you using it in game,you could use local and radio but still being heard by enemies at close range, now that was a great implementation, can be implemented?Yes. How? I do not know as we do not even have a voip yet.

5 hours ago, N1shazu said:

I think an in game voip is what is needed. Voice lines are totally useless in my opinion, it is planned, now are players gonna use it? I doubt it apart for random encounters. 3rd part software such as discord give you the advantage of not being spotted when speaking but kills immersion. The last thing we need in this game is anyway your character to taunt or drop voice lines in situations where he should not. Arma 3 task force radio for example was using Team speak plugins to force you using it in game,you could use local and radio but still being heard by enemies at close range, now that was a great implementation, can be implemented?Yes. How? I do not know as we do not even have a voip yet.

I personally despise the idea of VOIP in Tarkov. It is IMO shitty in every game it is in. Kids yelling, Indian guys with half of their extended family in the background, dude playing in a bathroom or with 100 fans at full power aimed at the mic, asshole playing hardbass all raid, that is what i would consider immersion breaking. And that is why, the moment VOIP is implemented, i am turning it off and never turning it back on. Also I am 90% sure, that VOIP is not gonna convince anyone to stop using 3rd party software for communicating with their team.

I would also heartily disagree with your statement that voice-lines are useless. They can be used effectively, especially if you are assisted by an automated system. They fit into the game atmosphere, and they can only enhance the the game for TS / discord users. As for randomly giving your position away, as i said in the previous post, make it optional, let people turn it on or off if they don't like it. I personally would welcome my guy reacting in real time to events in the game.

In my eyes your comment misses the mark, since what i am proposing is entirely optional, is not meant to replace voice comms (3rd party or otherwise), but is meant to enhance the immersion and experience for people like myself, whom find it disappointing, that a mixed team of russian and english speaking operators, operate in complete silence for 40 minutes, when there is potential to make it so much more fun, enjoyable and tacticool... again, only for people that are into that sort of thing, like myself.

But anyway, thank you for your input, i appreciate any impulse for a thoughtful debate, and i wish you success in your endeavors.

Edited by Brom0id
Niewiarygodny
Just now, Brom0id said:

I personally despise the idea of VOIP in Tarkov. It is IMO shitty in every game it is in

Ofc i agree but u don't know how voip will look like, right?
They never said that it will be just "push to talk".

Like i know that they mentioned "somekind of radio thing" 
So i imagine (again, it's my imagination) VoIp as a radio channels on which u can join.
I.e. there are poo ton of channels 88.1, 88.2, 88.3, 88.4 etc.

If you wanna use same channel with your friend, u just take specific channel and use it.

Ok, but how you would communicate with others then?
Well, simple command which our PMC would yell called "radio channel" and it would sound as "Join 104.5"
Once such person join u can talk and decide if u wanna be hostile or not. Just example.

About reactions u mentioned, sure.
Like if u see someone have crosshair on him and click Y it would say "i see enemy at front of me"
There could be another button (and will be kinda) to check compass, so imagine checking compass, while aiming and giving exact position. So oinstead "i see enemy at front of me" it would say after checking compass "i see enemy at 6" or something like this.

Atm i am playing with my friend who is a streamer and i have similar nick to his (with TTV) so when i see hachet runner and i wanna help him i go close to him and press Y, so he might join my friend stream. At the end it's really rare that such cooperation happen but it happened before :D.
LIke we went on map as 4 ppl, came out as 5 ppl :D.

N1shazu
12 hours ago, Brom0id said:

personally despise the idea of VOIP in Tarkov. It is IMO shitty in every game it is in. Kids yelling, Indian guys with half of their extended family in the background, dude playing in a bathroom or with 100 fans at full power aimed at the mic, asshole playing hardbass all raid, that is what i would consider immersion breaking. And that is why, the moment VOIP is implemented, i am turning it off and never turning it back on.

Believe me, I understand! However both things can be implemented and switched on and off. Let’s see what they come out with!