Gatoxulo

Can't Intall Tarkov on my SSD (Insufficient resources in the system and blocked file)

Gatoxulo

Hello, I've been running running on this since issue yesterday. Last time I played was on the weight system rework, played for a while then quit till the wipe, yesterday I reisntalled the game, must say I've also reinstalled Windows and Linux on a clean SSD, having a Windows partition, a Linux partition and a "Data" partition I use to store high consuming games and some files. The thing is I also have an HDD that I use mostly for university stuff and most of my games.

The problem comes after I install the game on the SSD and try to open it I get a windows message telling me "Insufficient resources in the system to complete the requested service" and BattEye Launcher throws this error.

876371216_battleeyeerror.PNG.7c1fb955af7195998811b1e1888c2538.PNG

The BattlEye Launcher closes and opens the BattleState games launcher again.

Installing the game on the HDD doesnt cause this problem but obviously the load times take longer, this didn't happen before I reinstalled windows and such.

Things I've tried so far:

-Opening the BSG launcher with admin rights.

-Forcing both and EscapeFromTarkov_Be and BattlEye to have admin rights by the properties tab.

-Checking the NTFS permission to see if SYSTEM have total control, it does.

-Reinstalling both the game and the launcher in different drives cleaning the registry entries. The launcher gives no problems but the games does if it's installed on the SSD.

-Making a junction of the game files from the SSD to the HDD and telling the launcher the game is on the HDD (gave the same error as above).

I've tried to look on the tarkov forums but, I've only come across a post that exactly ask about blocking EscapeFromTarkov.exe, didnt get aswered, most of the post talk about reshade, thing that neither I use and used on tarkov ever, and those errors point to dll files no the game exe file.

The only thing I could think of is that Linux some how fked up the NTFS SSD permissions but this is only game and program that gave me errors.

Sorry for such a long post, I hope someone could help here, I'm out of ideas

nandosie
Posted (edited)

Create a seperate partition on your SSD reformat that partition, and try installing on that partition? just make it like 25 gigs for this test.

In that case you can check if linux messed some poo up.

Edited by nandosie
  • Thanks 1

Gatoxulo
13 hours ago, nandosie said:

Create a seperate partition on your SSD reformat that partition, and try installing on that partition? just make it like 25 gigs for this test.

In that case you can check if linux messed some poo up.

This might be, when I try to resize it from Windows it only allows me to delete the partition so I'll try to resize it from Linux and then format it from Windows to see if it's a Linux issue.

I'll update as soon as I can.

Gatoxulo

Sadly this didn't solve it, I was hoping Linux somehow did something to the partition, but even deleting the whole partition and formating it from Windows didn't solve this. I'm still open for suggestions.

Gatoxulo

And suddenly I tried to open the game today and it works, probably needed some restarts? (Even though I did restart after changing the partitions) I don't really know. Thanks Nandosie!

nandosie

No problem man, glad it worked