great9gates

LITTERAL 2 SECOND MATCH RANT

great9gates

how the duck do you spawn in on a new game, as a PMC, on a fresh as duck map, and die in 2 seconds?? ducking stupid. wait for 10 minutes per  match to start, die in litterally 2 seconds , photo attached for some proof

fuckingstupid.PNG

• Like 2

WarTraveller

Yeah, still a lot of things to fix.... Which maps was that?

keepa34

Did you get the deploying screen or did you spawn in a bit late? Many people rush spawns to ensure there are less threats on the map

Barangolo
1 hour ago, keepa34 said:

Did you get the deploying screen or did you spawn in a bit late? Many people rush spawns to ensure there are less threats on the map

Which is to say, a late spawn is still the devs' fault, isn't it? ;)

But we all know that currently it's not the latespawns, but the cheaters. If you haven't died to one in the past days, you're not playing the game or assume that these are just the usual "Tarkov deaths".

• Upvote 1

Inflame4real

As a new player cheaters are always a worrying factor. I wish it was high priority to make sure we are all on the same playing field.

WarTraveller
4 hours ago, Inflame4real said:

As a new player cheaters are always a worrying factor. I wish it was high priority to make sure we are all on the same playing field.

I think they stated in one of the recent podcasts, that they have dedicated about a third of their resources to fighting cheaters - and that slows down the overall development noticeably. 

V3NCHEl2

main issue i have had this wipe thus far is some of the spawns on customs for example are too damned close still.

nothing like getting the countdown, so you know you are at start of the raid as a solo, then spawn in just to have a group spawn less then 50m from you and laser you.

i like the increase in extracts that have been avail the last couple wipes, but some of these spawns are just stupid.

Xeraphas
23 hours ago, Barangolo said:

Which is to say, a late spawn is still the devs' fault, isn't it? ;)

But we all know that currently it's not the latespawns, but the cheaters. If you haven't died to one in the past days, you're not playing the game or assume that these are just the usual "Tarkov deaths".

It could be netcode problem but it could also just be a hardware limitation. You can't say it's the devs fault for something if you try to run the game on an older graphics card and it take longer to load in the same way the game isn't broken for not running on windows 98.

Barangolo
12 minutes ago, Xeraphas said:

It could be netcode problem but it could also just be a hardware limitation. You can't say it's the devs fault for something if you try to run the game on an older graphics card and it take longer to load in the same way the game isn't broken for not running on windows 98.

This is a technical issue that I think neither you or I am qualified to answer, since we do not have the sourcecode, the settings, no information about the servers, etc. What remains is the coding of when to give green light to all players on the map. I am pretty certain that all the pre-loading (up to 10 minutes currently) is more than enough for any hardware component to handle. Once the data is cached, there should not be any delay in players entering. So I do not see how the devs could not program it properly.

2 seconds is telling. If this can happen, spawns should be reconsidered. Perhaps even spawn immunity for a few seconds, so you do not get to be shot before you even have the chance to react.

The way all these should be looked at is by comparing them to other games: do any other FPS games have similar clunky mechanics? We are not talking about a niche game anymore when it tops Twitch during times.. Technical quality is a matter of resource investment. If the quality is low, it is mismanagement.

Xeraphas
1 minute ago, Barangolo said:

This is a technical issue that I think neither you or I am qualified to answer, since we do not have the sourcecode, the settings, no information about the servers, etc. What remains is the coding of when to give green light to all players on the map. I am pretty certain that all the pre-loading (up to 10 minutes currently) is more than enough for any hardware component to handle. Once the data is cached, there should not be any delay in players entering. So I do not see how the devs could not program it properly.

2 seconds is telling. If this can happen, spawns should be reconsidered. Perhaps even spawn immunity for a few seconds, so you do not get to be shot before you even have the chance to react.

The way all these should be looked at is by comparing them to other games: do any other FPS games have similar clunky mechanics? We are not talking about a niche game anymore when it tops Twitch during times.. Technical quality is a matter of resource investment. If the quality is low, it is mismanagement.

yeah spawns are a sure problem currently on factory I know there are 2 groups of 2 spawns where scav players are just a few feet apart and the first to load can murder the other but I'm just saying late load spawn kills are fairly uncommon for a pmc without a disconnect or slow load

• Upvote 1

Barangolo
16 hours ago, WarTraveller said:

I think they stated in one of the recent podcasts, that they have dedicated about a third of their resources to fighting cheaters - and that slows down the overall development noticeably. 

That seems rather excessive, but is also telling. There are core issues with this game that force it to such distorted resource allocation.

The devs should by now have realized that instead of spending OUR money on fighting cheaters that make OUR playtime miserable, they should address the core issues that lie beneath the abundance of cheaters. I am still convinced that these evolve around the money-centric loot system of the game and other imbalances that push more and more people toward finding easier ways to get game money. Addressing these instead of constantly bringing in new mechanics like no guns and containers in the gamma, FIR rules, etc., would certainly reduce the number of people for whom it is worth to hack the game and sell the cheats or make a decent living through RMT.

Mattd316
On 6/2/2020 at 10:22 PM, great9gates said:

how the duck do you spawn in on a new game, as a PMC, on a fresh as duck map, and die in 2 seconds?? ducking stupid. wait for 10 minutes per  match to start, die in litterally 2 seconds , photo attached for some proof

fuckingstupid.PNG

I bet that was on factory.The spawn up from the fork lifts.You need to move right behind the two boxes straigt away or run out the grafter door on your left as a pmc spawns right behind you in the room behind the forklifts

• Upvote 1

Aazatgrabya
4 hours ago, Barangolo said:

Perhaps it simply proves that there is a design system in place to spawn people at different times.  There are clearly problems with that, but in my mind there are benefits too.  In no way is this game advertised as a fair sport.  Indeed having players in the map at different times follows the lore they are trying to write.  And then again, the spawn system is no doubt one of the many systems they are monitoring during this beta phase so they can adjust towards their intended final result.

We can all constructively comment on the game development as we are here - we just ned to remember we are all just testers in their project (granted we've paid for the privilege).

One thing is for certain, BSG are writing a game intending to not copy the paths of other developers.  Frankly that's why I'm playing.