Sign in to follow this  
WarTraveller

Separate "Found In Raid" and "Extracted" Items

WarTraveller

Hello everyone,

My biggest gripe with the current patch so far seems to be the fact that once you die, you lose the "found in raid" status of the items in your alpha. While this is cool and good when it comes to the flea market, it is a significant hit below the belt for those who struggle with the quests.

Little can surpass the frustration of having finally finding that elusive item you needed to complete a task, and having someone tap you before you leave the map - bringing you all the way back to square one.

Thus I believe there should be a separate "extracted" status. Extracted items should be tradable on the flea market, and also viable for quests. Items saved in the secure container, on the other hand, should revert to "found in raid" upon death. Those should be viable quest items, but not tradable on the flea market.

What do you think?

• Upvote 4

Chum_Bucket

Love this Idea!

Avohei

Then people would just rush the item and disconnect to turn it in. The point of the game is to survive and extract. If you can't do that then there is no reason that item in your secure container should be found in raid. Go back and try again being more mindful of your surroundings. 

• Sad 1

Na0cho

One of the reasons I play this game is for that sense of anxiety when you find something you really needed.  Now you are thinking, "Oh my god, I got have to get out alive now!"

Sometimes the fear sets in, and I choke my next engagement.  Sometimes I conquer my fear and use it as a weapon to keep me on high alert and smite my enemies.

The lows when you die with those items, are offset by the rush you feel when you pull off a victory!

You could probably tank in 5 raids in a row, and get 1 good one and it makes up for all of it.

WarTraveller
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Avohei said:

Then people would just rush the item and disconnect to turn it in. The point of the game is to survive and extract. If you can't do that then there is no reason that item in your secure container should be found in raid. Go back and try again being more mindful of your surroundings. 

Up until this patch, all quest items that could be saved in your secure containers were saved in the secure containers, and that did not prompt anybody to just disconnect - unless they were hatchlings, who were doing loot runs for items that could be peddled on the flea market. This issue would be taken care of by the system I proposed.

You can't be seriously suggesting that people were previously just alt-f4-ing their gear in order to turn in the last tushonka.

13 hours ago, Na0cho said:

One of the reasons I play this game is for that sense of anxiety when you find something you really needed.  Now you are thinking, "Oh my god, I got have to get out alive now!"

Sometimes the fear sets in, and I choke my next engagement.  Sometimes I conquer my fear and use it as a weapon to keep me on high alert and smite my enemies.

The lows when you die with those items, are offset by the rush you feel when you pull off a victory!

You could probably tank in 5 raids in a row, and get 1 good one and it makes up for all of it.

I believe the sense of anxiety should come from the ever present danger of dying and losing all your equipment, and the guaranteed quest items, such as the document folders, bronze watches, gold zippos, etc - this is punishment enough. Having to roll a good RNG in order to find what you need, and then extract with it, is simply too reliant on luck, and could slow the progress of those who can't afford to make 20-30 raids per day to a standstill*.

The only case in which the current system would work well, in my opinion, would be if the quest items were all guaranteed drops, like the bronze watch - this way once you die, you can reliably repeat the process until you get it right. It would depend much more on your skill, rather than sheer drop chance.

*Amusingly enough, that would make the "casuals" the real hard-core players of Tarkov, going with inferior equipment and skills against geared players, gitting gud.

P.S.

No, the lows when you die with the quest items you spent the last X amount of raids searching for is not countered by the one time you make it out - if anything, the only reaction it provokes in me is "F*cking hell! I am glad this tedious chore is finally done! I hope you choke on those Winstons!"

Edited by WarTraveller
  • Like 1