Sign in to follow this  
Forby

Is this a joke?

Forby

5. Asian region lock was implemented long time ago, but cheaters can play on different regions with the help of VPN services. We are looking into partial ban of this services. Other than that we slowly decreasing ping limit - not only because of cheaters, but because of overall bad ping influence on the server/other player experience. Right now ping limit is 180, we plan to limit it to 150-160.

Source

So after all of the users on the forums pleading with the devs to soften the ping limit, or get rid of the system so that we can play the game again, this is the solution?

If this is true and the limit is lowered to 150 with the same system they are running just now, I and so many others will never be able to play this game again.

If this is the case, and this is a hard thing to say as a dedicated follower to the game with near 700 hours, I genuinely would like to know how to get a refund for the game.

• Upvote 1

Bjason1
22 minutes ago, Forby said:

5. Asian region lock was implemented long time ago, but cheaters can play on different regions with the help of VPN services. We are looking into partial ban of this services. Other than that we slowly decreasing ping limit - not only because of cheaters, but because of overall bad ping influence on the server/other player experience. Right now ping limit is 180, we plan to limit it to 150-160.

Source

So after all of the users on the forums pleading with the devs to soften the ping limit, or get rid of the system so that we can play the game again, this is the solution?

If this is true and the limit is lowered to 150 with the same system they are running just now, I and so many others will never be able to play this game again.

If this is the case, and this is a hard thing to say as a dedicated follower to the game with near 700 hours, I genuinely would like to know how to get a refund for the game.

Lol if you are playing consistently with 150+ ping you need to change servers or switch to a cable modem.  Dial-up speeds are garbage.

Or wait, do you have 700 hours playing on servers far away so you lag and get a better peeking advantage and now you're bummed?

Forby

No, my ping sits at 60-90, but I get lag spikes sometimes that take me to around 200-250 for a couple of seconds and its just enough to get kicked.

Not here to have a petty argument and get insulted either.

This is a real problem for a large portion of the playerbase.

Hirirland

I was trying to figure out why it was impossible to play the game with my crew after the last update. Surprise! Ping cap was lowered as a weak means to deter hackers from hacking on other servers. This in itself, as op said, is a really bad solution. When I play with my friends, at least one of us is going to have a ping of 180. And for the hackers in general, this only makes Chinese ones able to hack on more nearby servers.

If you guys truly plan on lowering the ping cap, I would've loved to know before I purchased this game. So if possible, make sure you advertise it from the future, and also, if possible, make a way for us to get refunds if you actually view this as a permanent solution.

Forby

Thing is, I totally empathise with the people that can no longer play with friends because of the feature, but some people like myself can't even play by themselves on the best pinged servers available to us. 

It's rendered the game unplayable.

EvilMrZed
23 minutes ago, Bjason1 said:

Lol if you are playing consistently with 150+ ping you need to change servers or switch to a cable modem.  Dial-up speeds are garbage.

Or wait, do you have 700 hours playing on servers far away so you lag and get a better peeking advantage and now you're bummed?

Whats "GARBAGE" is the fact that people forget its a game. Many enjoy playing with friends that's why we are bummed. I have 1200+ hrs and the advantage you talk about is minimal. I die more than anyone, trust me if anything you have the advantage when the game stutters for me after being shot at. But that's not the point the game is rampant with cheaters that out right hack, people that use radar and DouYu accounts that hit you head/eyes from half a map away and the developers choose to punish the players that play the game for what it was intended to be a game! The problem is that the voices heard are those who sit in the forums talking rubbish not playing the game. I have very few regrets in life but investing time and money in this game is now one of them. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Forby

I just really hope the devs read this and rather than worsening the situation for us by lowering the ping even further, maybe rethink the system and get rid of the ping kick.

I just feel like it should be the place of the devs to take the side of their loyal playerbase and resolve this issue for us.

I do however understand that they are also running a business, and the majority of people don't ever get kicked from games because of the ping lock. They're trying to please the many, but unfortunately disregarding the few.

If only there was a way for actual legitimate players to get around this issue.

As I've said before, Tarkov is without a doubt my favourite shooter, maybe even my favourite out of any other genres. It honestly is pretty difficult not being able to play the game anymore, and unfortunately there is absolutely nothing I can do about it.

• Like 1

octoba

a ping limit of 180 is pathetic

Forby

Good to see the amount of people coming out in the forums now showing the devs that there is a huge number of legitimate and honest players that just want to play the game again.

Please do something about this.

Raklatif
Posted (edited)
On 6/3/2020 at 11:02 PM, Bjason1 said:

Peeker's Advantage is for the person who has lower ping. If your ping is higher, it will take longer for you to get the updates from the server that someone moved.

You sound very privileged to be complaining about a ping limit when it's not even affecting anything you're talking about.

I live in a country that has 120-140 ping to ANY server i'm connecting to outside the country, on every single game i've played. Playing with my friends in europe? 120-140 ping, US? 250+ ping. The only thing that ping affects is MY gameplay (other than the laggy movement that older games experienced due to no interpolation). Due to this new ping restriction, any of my friends in the US have to join EU servers, and we both suffer at 130ms ping.

This reminds me of old counter-strike servers which people just like you were convinced that high ping players were "LAGGING THE SERVER" and slowing down the server for everyone else. You have access to google, how about you read about it?

Also, something as simple as a whois to determine the IP of the player that's connecting from could solve most of the VPN usage that's regarding the "Region Lock", not ping blocking.

Edited by Raklatif

Bjason1
18 minutes ago, Raklatif said:

Peeker's Advantage is for the person who has lower ping. If your ping is higher, it will take longer for you to get the updates from the server that someone moved.

You sound very privileged to be complaining about a ping limit when it's not even affecting anything you're talking about.

I live in a country that has 120-140 ping to ANY server i'm connecting to outside the country, on every single game i've played. Playing with my friends in europe? 120-140 ping, US? 250+ ping. The only thing that ping affects is MY gameplay (other than the laggy movement that older games experienced due to no interpolation). Due to this new ping restriction, any of my friends in the US have to join EU servers, and we both suffer at 130ms ping.

This reminds me of old counter-strike servers which people just like you were convinced that high ping players were "LAGGING THE SERVER" and slowing down the server for everyone else. You have access to google, how about you read about it?

Also, something as simple as a whois to determine the IP of the player that's connecting from could solve most of the VPN usage that's regarding the "Region Lock", not ping blocking.

You are 100% completely wrong about this.  Peeker's advantage is to the person with higher ping.  Just do a google search or something before you comment.

DMAN2224

DUMBEST idea. Our discord are from all around the globe. we did play this game from the time they add scavs and now more then have cant play.They will lose tons of players because of that. Just add an option to play with and without caps

sYs
On 6/3/2020 at 9:39 PM, Forby said:

So after all of the users on the forums

Well i would like to have 100 ping limit ❤️ 

Forby
12 hours ago, sYs said:

Stop misquoting my posts.

EvilMrZed
16 hours ago, sYs said:

Does the forum lag when you go over 100 ping? If you play a bit more and stop talking rubbish in the forum you would see that even though it could be an issue its not as dramatic as people make it out to be and all the limit is doing is stopping people from playing. The intended purpose is to stop cheaters not the legitimate player from playing which is all it has done. Cheaters will still find a way to cheat reguardless. Many talk about how it ruins the game for them that someone gets a quarter second advantage over them, dude at least they can play. Many now dont even get the option do that. But hopefully battlestate listen and decide to remove the ping limit and build a good repore after taking peoples money then making the game unplayable for them.

• Sad 1

Wheelson

Game is unplayable right now for me, getting dc'ed every few minutes, non stop due to 160-170 ping, can't play with friends, lag spikes on servers forces me from 50-200 at times. physically unable to complete a raid. 

Kivlov

Could this cause an issue with people squadding up with people from another region?

Sadly I don't have any friends that play the game, but that would suck if they couldnt because of that issue.

Sir_Mossy
On 6/3/2020 at 3:10 PM, Hirirland said:

And for the hackers in general, this only makes Chinese ones able to hack on more nearby servers.

So trying to state that limiting the amount of servers that Chinese players can cheat on is bad makes sense how?

It doesn't. That's the point.

Delicious_Tea

I love how the automatic answer is "You must be on dial-up" or some other insult to the player's tech. I'm running a good rig and less than a physical hour from the Tokyo server which pings 12 for me on the server list. Yet, in game I often jump to 180 at times on my own local server. When getting disconnected from the game on the only server I have checked in my server list, I get told by BSG it's a known issue and they're looking into it.

But then they lowered the ping limit. Ha!

I can't play with my brother in the states at all and at times can't play on my own local server when I'm on a fiber connection. Perhaps it's not the player's location/tech so much as it is the game not being optimized AT ALL yet, but they're still lowering the ping as if the game is running as smoothly as possible.

Forby
3 hours ago, Delicious_Tea said:

I love how the automatic answer is "You must be on dial-up" or some other insult to the player's tech. I'm running a good rig and less than a physical hour from the Tokyo server which pings 12 for me on the server list. Yet, in game I often jump to 180 at times on my own local server. When getting disconnected from the game on the only server I have checked in my server list, I get told by BSG it's a known issue and they're looking into it.

But then they lowered the ping limit. Ha!

I can't play with my brother in the states at all and at times can't play on my own local server when I'm on a fiber connection. Perhaps it's not the player's location/tech so much as it is the game not being optimized AT ALL yet, but they're still lowering the ping as if the game is running as smoothly as possible.

Yep, there's alot of people that don't care at all that we can't play. Just becuase they're not having any problems with the game means that everything is fine. Well, it's not.