TheWay

What's being done in terms of RMT and cheaters

TheWay

Dear Escapers!

A few words about what's being done in terms of RMT and cheaters:

1. BattlEye bans (a lot of them everyday, we are all together refining the system to ban them as fast as possible). From 12.6 patch start (from 28-th of May) almost 10 000 cheaters banned already. The situation is that most of the cheaters gets banned, it only a reason of time (which needs to be as soon as possible).
  2. We are making the report system ingame with a lot of additional stats gathering, this info will be used with BattlEye and it will not be one and only reason of ban.
  3. We are making additional countermeasures against cheaters on game servers (instakick, instaban).
  4. We are looking into 2FA SMS verification of accounts but it is not a simple task and it will not make the game cheater-free (cheaters, who pay 200 $ for a cheat will pay for another simcard or for a virtual simcard service easily). This will just make their life a little harder, but it's a good thing. Stop thinking that 2FA SMS is the only needed thing.
  5. Asian region lock was implemented long time ago, but cheaters can play on different regions with the help of VPN services. We are looking into partial ban of this services. Other than that we slowly decreasing ping limit - not only because of cheaters, but because of overall bad ping influence on the server/other player experience. Right now ping limit is 180, we plan to limit it to 150-160.
  6. We ban real money traders too, as well as RMT buyers. Planning a lot of things against them which I can't disclose.
  7. Many more things.

Unfortunately, some of past and upcoming measures can influence on the fair players, restrict them somehow. That's why it's not an easy and quick bunch of measures - it must be done properly.

It always been a highest priority!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 6
  • Hot 1
  • Cold 1
  • Sad 5
  • Upvote 4

Did117

OMG YES!

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Migueljuas

How do those of us who cannot choose NA servers do in South America? we have ping of 150+. we urgently need to add another server in brazil. we suffer with matching of more than 10 minutes at least. We need you to answer us honestly, when you are going to enlarge the servers of our region.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Stadniuk

It's really nice to see all the measures being taken to battle cheaters, but as a SA player, and once ping limit is established, how do you expect us to even play? We can't play in our regional servers since mm can reach 20+ minutes, and we won't be able to play on NA either since ping limit will be 150 ms. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Forby

I've posted multiple topics now about the ping limit and how horribly it's affecting many players.

As it stands now, even without being lowered to 150, the ping limit has rendered the game unplayable to so many players including myself.

My ping sits at 60-90 but will spike to 200-250 for a couple seconds which is enough for me to get kicked. This is on the best pinged servers to me as well before anyone says anything.

We have been pleading now since the limit was introduced for something to be done about it, whether that be have it highered, or being removed and rethought altogether so we can play the game again.

I haven't been able to play tarkov now since the feature was implemented, I really just want to be able to play the game again.

I really sincerely hope that the devs remove this feature so that we can play Tarkov again, I'm a dedicated follower of the game. Not a hacker, not a cheater, not an exploiter, yet I'm getting punished because of them. In my opinion, the ping limit is just the wrong way to deal with the situation. It's fine for people living in cities and other places with top notch fibre internet, but unfortunately some of us don't have these luxuries. It's not even that my internet and connection is "bad" per say, it's just that it spikes over the limit for a couple seconds and I just get kicked out of every single raid I play.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

CHEEZOOO

Honestly 200 ping limit is already enough, as a UK player with a LOT of US friends who play this game, I would have to select 1 maybe 2 servers to consistently stay under 150 ping if you turn it down that much, and it will make it much less enjoyable, please keep it at 180

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

DiBBz

least something is getting done about it.which is great.. the only question is how long will it take.. the longer this process continues the quicker the game will lose legit players. a game might be addicting for a while but if there is a continuous cheater issue like what we had yesterday no one would want to play. it seems like its a constant cycle for this game its either server issues (desync and hitreg) or there is a cheater infestation. and whats worse is when both of those are combined together. it makes for a world of hell

not to mention the amount of people on EU that are geared or hatchet running that feel like they are lagging all over. instantly makes me assume theyre from china or something.

tobiassolem
Just now, DiBBz said:

the only question is how long will it take

Points 1, 5 and 6 (and 7) are already implemented. 2 and 3 are SOON(tm). Whereas 4 needs a lot of consideration before it is implemented.

• Sad 1

Forby
Just now, DiBBz said:

least something is getting done about it.which is great.. the only question is how long will it take.. the longer this process continues the quicker the game will lose legit players. a game might be addicting for a while but if there is a continuous cheater issue like what we had yesterday no one would want to play. it seems like its a constant cycle for this game its either server issues (desync and hitreg) or there is a cheater infestation. and whats worse is when both of those are combined together. it makes for a world of hell

not to mention the amount of people on EU that are geared or hatchet running that feel like they are lagging all over. instantly makes me assume theyre from china or something.

Surely it's also worth thinking about the amount of legitimate players that will be lost when the ping limit is dropped further as well. 

Real players who paid their money to play a game they love and enjoy that are now getting punished, and no longer able to play because of the ping kicks.

In my opinion, what kind of reputation does that give Battlestate? I'm not flaming on them or anything, but if they are prioritising anything other than their loyal playerbase, how does that make them look?

• Like 3

Locowero

Good news! but on the other hand more ping restrictions will increase even more the queue for alot of servers, this is SAM at this moment

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

potato_masher

This is horrible,I am from South Africa and my ping to EUW is around 170-200 i only play with people in europe so now im forced to solo until my servers die out and gg.I think its the end of my time playing this game.This hidden region lock agenda is not cool,what a waste of my money,would never have spent it if i knew this was your approach all along.Such a pitty putting so much time into this game for nothing.

• Like 2

mikutannnu

Thank you for disinfection, I'm not good at FPS but I'm a fan of this game, I love it. We support from Japan! ❤️

Niewiarygodny
15 minutes ago, Locowero said:

Good news! but on the other hand more ping restrictions will increase even more the queue for alot of servers, this is SAM at this moment

if you had such long matching time something from below happened:
- BSG had problems with servers
- U have picked wrong servers
- U have picked "auto servers" which seems to not work sometimes properly
- U didnt try again after 3/4 min, becasue waiting more than 10 min is waste of time.

I literally dont wait longer than 3/4 min, if i do i start searching again and again and i also switch servers sometimes.

hellohaha

I really feel the Ping thing not cool.

I play with friends all around the world.

Now WE cant play together at all .

So i think it time to go back to other games SOrry EFT .

If was some way would ask for refund.

• Upvote 1

potato_masher
15 minutes ago, Niewiarygodny said:

if you had such long matching time something from below happened:
- BSG had problems with servers
- U have picked wrong servers
- U have picked "auto servers" which seems to not work sometimes properly
- U didnt try again after 3/4 min, becasue waiting more than 10 min is waste of time.

I literally dont wait longer than 3/4 min, if i do i start searching again and again and i also switch servers sometimes.

Buddy thats still 8mins + of searching XD your logic lol

niccon01

Wow, so many cheaters? Like did they have aimbot, wallhack or something to find items? Or what cheats are they using, bulletproof or high damage? I am really interested in that, like what and why?

Rahzeiniik

take away the ping limit its just going to make the game less enjoyable to alot of players i got disconnected from my servers 3 times in the same raid and always play solo, because all my friends are from NA.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

GentleMoth

Sadly my ping from Central Europe can spike up quite high depending on how the Tarkov servers are feeling, when I'm playing with my North American friends. A 150 ping limit would make it impossible to play with my friends, and I think the same for a lot of others who play with their American friends.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

MarchingBands

I've been doing quests with a new friend from Europe. If the ping limit drops much more, I (NA) won't be able to play with him, and likely with other European players. Thank you for continuously working on countering cheaters, regardless.

• Upvote 1

lllibailll

Niceeeeeee

Zoanthid

I was really hard on BSG pre BattleEye for its cheating problem but since BattleEye was implemented I have softened my tone out of respect for the fact that they are atleast attempting to manage their problem. Really nice to see that BSG is atleast exploring options to a really hard industry wide problem and not sweeping it under the rug like PUBG. 

• Upvote 1

RainmakerM4

Yes! Thanks!

• Sad 1

ShawnWolf

👍

jizigonnago

Why punish players who don't cheat but want to play with foreign friends

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

KarlPato

This Idear is trying to Eliminate Cheaters regarding real world money transfer's

Ingame money ie Found in Raid Paper Cash still valid only changes on extraction or death

as soon as you extract or die with cash in secure container and get to the character screen
physical cash is changed into digital currencey rubles,dollars,euros and cannot be handed out via stacks
to friends or in the case of real world money transfer's / cheaters making IRL money to Punters.

1.In raid cash can still be found
2.On extraction or death (secure container) in game pysical paper funds are converted to digital at Character screen/Stash)

Pros.= reduce IRL money tranfairs

cons.= money case will be obsolete

= paid extractions will be effected (1.maby equip PMC with a PDA device not lootable of course to hold funds)
                                                                       (2.have a pre paid vechical extraction 1st come 1st serverd baysis)
                                                                       (3.or only found in raid cash can be used for this extraction)

= Cannot help out friends who are low on cash (get good mate) :)

On a personal note i am just a player of the game and have no knowledge of the lore or tarkov and if this idear
effects the lore of the game.

• Upvote 3