What's being done in terms of RMT and cheaters

TheWay

You know what?Ping limit is 180,It doesn't solve the problem,Should be limited to 10,If you don't play near the server, you're kicked out:D

Ping restrictions do not prevent cheating, but only disgusting normal Asian game player.

I suggest that you either do not limit Ping or directly limit 50. Thank you XD

• Upvote 1

I`m chinese player

as tarkov fans I compeletly understand why BSG do this.

what I hope is when hacker are gone , increase ASIA server for large number of players plz

4 hours ago, potato_masher said:

Buddy thats still 8mins + of searching XD your logic lol

Whats wrong with my logic? If someone has 30 min of searching then he clearly do something wrong (or there is server side issue, like i couldnt join to factory for 20 min, i tried multiple servers, didnt work, other maps worked perfectly fine, after hour i tried again and joined without problems.

I will reepat, i never had to wait such long time for a game.
Sure, after wipe in 0.12 (when they had problems with servers) i left my PC turned on and had searching for game +2 hours, but i knew that i should restart. So it's a diffrent story.

1 hour ago, KarlPato said:

2.On extraction or death (secure container) in game pysical paper funds are converted to digital at Character screen/Stash)

+- i recgonize such idea being told earlier by BSG or to BSG.

Something about having money in virtual currency or something like this (or like a bank) so it might happen sooner or later :D

6 hours ago, Forby said:

I've posted multiple topics now about the ping limit and how horribly it's affecting many players.

As it stands now, even without being lowered to 150, the ping limit has rendered the game unplayable to so many players including myself.

My ping sits at 60-90 but will spike to 200-250 for a couple seconds which is enough for me to get kicked. This is on the best pinged servers to me as well before anyone says anything.

We have been pleading now since the limit was introduced for something to be done about it, whether that be have it highered, or being removed and rethought altogether so we can play the game again.

I haven't been able to play tarkov now since the feature was implemented, I really just want to be able to play the game again.

I really sincerely hope that the devs remove this feature so that we can play Tarkov again, I'm a dedicated follower of the game. Not a hacker, not a cheater, not an exploiter, yet I'm getting punished because of them. In my opinion, the ping limit is just the wrong way to deal with the situation. It's fine for people living in cities and other places with top notch fibre internet, but unfortunately some of us don't have these luxuries. It's not even that my internet and connection is "bad" per say, it's just that it spikes over the limit for a couple seconds and I just get kicked out of every single raid I play.

Been reading you since you replied my post, 150% with you right here dude.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, TheWay said:

Dear Escapers!

A few words about what's being done in terms of RMT and cheaters:

1. BattlEye bans (a lot of them everyday, we are all together refining the system to ban them as fast as possible). From 12.6 patch start (from 28-th of May) almost 10 000 cheaters banned already. The situation is that most of the cheaters gets banned, it only a reason of time (which needs to be as soon as possible).
  2. We are making the report system ingame with a lot of additional stats gathering, this info will be used with BattlEye and it will not be one and only reason of ban.
  3. We are making additional countermeasures against cheaters on game servers (instakick, instaban).
  4. We are looking into 2FA SMS verification of accounts but it is not a simple task and it will not make the game cheater-free (cheaters, who pay 200 $ for a cheat will pay for another simcard or for a virtual simcard service easily). This will just make their life a little harder, but it's a good thing. Stop thinking that 2FA SMS is the only needed thing.
  5. Asian region lock was implemented long time ago, but cheaters can play on different regions with the help of VPN services. We are looking into partial ban of this services. Other than that we slowly decreasing ping limit - not only because of cheaters, but because of overall bad ping influence on the server/other player experience. Right now ping limit is 180, we plan to limit it to 150-160.
  6. We ban real money traders too, as well as RMT buyers. Planning a lot of things against them which I can't disclose.
  7. Many more things.

Unfortunately, some of past and upcoming measures can influence on the fair players, restrict them somehow. That's why it's not an easy and quick bunch of measures - it must be done properly.

It always been a highest priority!

In regards to 6. Did you guys go after the youtuber with 50k+ subs who's advertising rouble selling sites? It's been pointed out for months...

• Hot 1

Hi,

Although I approve the measures you're taking against cheaters,

this ping limit thing is a bit much , 

I'm a EU player and my duo partner is curently living in Japan,

we can't play anymore and it really is a shame,

please consider other options.

You guys never think about The Normal Asian Players.

I have friends who studying abroad.But when you begin limiting the ping,I can't play the game with them together again.

Also the Asia servers are so BULLSHIT.I line up for the game at night for many minutes,even one hour.What was that?I buy a game which is not that chaep,but all I can do is line up for the fuxking game?

You guys want to ban The Hackers,that's great.But your methods are so stupid and disappointed.

The Normal Asian Players' right are infringed by YOU---Battlestate Games.

Whatever you want to develop what kind of game,I don't care.But you must ensure that normal players' right can't be infringed.If you can't,please give us a link to refund

• Like 1

Hello, Nikita, I am a Shanghai player. I never use any VPN  to go to other servers. I only play in Asia server

and The asians main reason why players use VPNS is because of spend the long queues times in Asia server

So I have two requests, thank you

1. Add Asia servers such as Shanghai server

2. Instant reporting and blocking function of online games similar to "Rainbow Six"

12 hours ago, TheWay said:

Asian region lock was implemented long time ago

@TheWay Question. Does this mean that the Asian player launcher selection screen can only display 4 servers?

Edited by KimiFelipe

The ping value has too much impact on the player
I’m in South America, and there are not many players. I play North America. The ping value is 150-160. Not to mention my other friends, and teaming up with them, sometimes my ping value will reach 180-210.
I want to play with friends from other countries, but the ping value limits me
This has a big impact on us. We didn’t do anything wrong, but the game hindered us.
If you play the game by yourself, you can’t play it with your friends.

15 hours ago, TheWay said:

Right now ping limit is 180, we plan to limit it to 150-160

right there in this sentence You killed the game for me and my friends. thats explain why we getting server lost connection all the time!  with no server on my region had to play with ~160 ping with EU. Avoiding Singapore server with 100 ping with full of hackers is the smartest chose for me and my friends!

review your action before implement this changes!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 4

27 minutes ago, TheGoldNova said:

right there in this sentence You killed the game for me and my friends. thats explain why we getting server lost connection all the time!  with no server on my region had to play with ~160 ping with EU. Avoiding Singapore server with 100 ping with full of hackers is the smartest chose for me and my friends!

review your action before implement this changes!

I agree with @thegoldnova , As middle eastern player my self and my friends we only play on EU with almost 160 ping. Asia server full of cheaters and we trying to avoid it as goldnova says!
implement this changes destroy the game in our region, unless we get our own server!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Perhaps implementing an accumulative scoring against the ping to be less "quick" on the servers decision to kick would be a good  compromise.

The long delays in bans due to manual purging alone is inefficient and detrimental for a growing community in a game---It's great that BSG is addressing that. Report systems are good however for a game like this, if a report is successful there needs to be a way to compensate the parties affected in that process in some way. Perhaps a complimentary insurance return.

There also needs to be an additional layer---active server-side checks. (Hopefully this is relevant to #3 by OP, I'm sure it is)

This is evident in any game where impossible movements, looting, random world-wide interactions, etc. are present. 

Please ensure that your SSC's are thresholded with a leniency bias to prevent mistaken kicks and bans. For instance, you know the maximum possible movement over a given time interval (tweaking time in this function to balance optimization for server performance) to traverse 2 points. You can accumulate compounded scoring against certain movement-variables at the cost of minimal memory. When those scores exceed the thresholds at an exceeded fault-allowance then the server can kick or ban.

Another example would be item looting. If an item is looted by a client that is not within the max-possible-looting-range + a-leniency-bias of the item, that should be so obvious to the server and easily flag-able. Same is true for items held by one client where the cheating client vacuums items from an active player, if that item is held by a player + not discarded by player then that should be an easy flag to trace as well. Assuming each client has a secure token to authenticate calls that is...

SSC's can't do much against aim-botting (without harming highly skillful players) but this is where the reporting system will shine.

Ping limiting to 150 is a bad and wierd way of combatting cheaters. 250 was fine. As of now I can't play with half of my friends and these people are probably going to quit till the change is reverted...

Getting kicked in half of my games is annoying enough but on top of that now we are all region locked because of some cheaters ? Other than labs I don't even see that many.

Edited by vizual47x
  • Upvote 1

Nice job regarding the cheater bans, congrats BSG! 

But I must say the ping limitation had a hard impact on the South American playerbase. I'm from southern Brazil (close to Uruguay) and, since the new ping limitation, the ONLY server I can connect to is the South American server, but guess what? It's nearly impossible to play on our dedicated server due to endless matchmaking caused by server overload. In the past, I could connect to Miami server and play with a 160 to 180 ping, but since yesterday this became impossible... I had 4 server disconnects on a single raid due to ping limitation. I also have a couple of friends in North Carolina whom I play with on a regular basis, but now we can't play any longer.

Although I understand why BSG had lowered the ping limit, I must say that a whole continent is being punished by this decision due to our dedicated server not being able to handle the high influx of players. Please BSG, we're begging to reconsider this decision, it's affecting thousands of players in South America!

Spending countless time in matchmaking and not being able to get into a raid is very frustrating... all I want to do is play while I'm off work. As a player who's been addicted to EFT since 2017 and plays on a daily basis, I might unfortunately sit out this patch if the situation doesn't change. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I’m really not on board with the 2FA. Shockingly I don’t use a cellphone and many won’t give their number. So in this situation what am I and others going to do?

Forcing 2FA is extreme and is going to bar myself and many others who don’t have or choose not to give numbers out of playing the game in it's entirely all because of troubles caused by others. I’m going to be mighty upset if I have to go out and buy a cellphone to get past the 2FA. The ping limit being dropped again is going to kill the game for so many. No longer will I be able to play with friends I have been for years.

You guys at BSG are throwing so much spaghetti at the wall and hoping something is going to stick to suppress the problem dramatically. What you don't seem to realize is that in doing so you're also destroying the game for many legitimate players.

I'm very much a level headed person most of the time but this just gets me torqued up. I really hope you look into this deeply and consider why some of this is such a bad idea.

Edited by Maki_Nishikino

Good job so far on keeping the game clean. I really see cheaters very rarely lately , and even then I'm not sure if it was lag or not (would need video evidence to confirm). 

👍

我是一个中国玩家,我是很喜欢这款游戏的,但是现在锁区我们中国玩家就不能很理解,我们大多数买的都是欧版现在锁区,我感觉我们收到了欺骗,当时要是所锁区我们就会买俄版,而且外挂多不一定都是中国的,很多外挂都是从别的国家弄到我们这里的我们也不是很喜欢这样的,现在亚服进去就是爆头,开发者你们想过这样锁区中国玩家买账吗!

Correct me here if im wrong but does the region lock only apply to Asian server?
Because if it does then this sound like a little bit of racist to me because yall just assume that asian player = cheaters and have to be lock up.
Personally i dont need to play on others region server because it laggy as hell. But to think because you cant deal with cheaters and so you lock up a whole region and lets players suffer is not fun at all.

Edited by Morsss
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

I live in the middle east and my minimum to maximum ping is 110-180, how am I supposed to play this game? There are literally 1-2 servers that don't kick me and it takes so long to match. Please increase ping back to 250! This isn't fair for us.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Morsss said:

Correct me here if im wrong but does the region lock only apply to Asian server?
Because if it does then this sound like a little bit of racist to me because yall just assume that asian player = cheaters and have to be lock up.
Personally i dont need to play on others region server because it laggy as hell. But to think because you cant deal with cheaters and so you lock up a whole region and lets players suffer is not fun at all.

it has nothing to do with race. it has everything to do with the fact that cheating is a big business in china, i see chinese names translated to english all the time in lobbies where they should not be. Unfortunately this problem is not just limited to EFT, and china will probably continue getting region locked by game companies until something changes with the way anticheats work or with the chinese government itself. The latter of which i highly doubt. I don't want to see a whole group of people get locked out and have to play amongst themselves but when more than half of chinese playerbase consists of cheaters/people profiting from cheating, it's hard to argue against it. 

• Like 1