What's being done in terms of RMT and cheaters

TheWay

On 6/3/2020 at 11:20 PM, TheWay said:

Right now ping limit is 180, we plan to limit it to 150-160.

OMG THIS IS NOT GOOD NEWS

180 PING IS NOT ENOUGH FOR MIDDLE EAST PLAYRES TO ACCESS EUROPEAN SERVERS. SO PLEASE DO NOT LIMIT THE PIGN AND TRY OTHER WAY TO GET THE CHEATERS. FOR EXAMPLE, ADD REPLAYE.

‏I hope you review the matter about an alternative solution for hackers with the ability to watch killcam and report button like other games which will not oppress Asians as well the Middle East players who do not have servers. ‏The Middle Eastern players play in Europe and Asia and the reason for the lack of servers. The ping decision will go wrong against the Asian honest players and the Middle East players who do not have their own server. ‏ I hope the topic retracted and looked deeply at the thought of having killcam. I am a player from the Middle East and I never like hackers. Some times, I think I am dying from hacker player, but I do not have any evidence that I have died by hacker or a professional person. If the game has killcam, it would help to identify hackers and the professional players ‏I hope you think well before making any decision and thinking about killcam is very good for everyone.

2 minutes ago, SamKillerOM said:

‏I hope you review the matter about an alternative solution for hackers with the ability to watch killcam and report button like other games which will not oppress Asians as well the Middle East players who do not have servers. ‏The Middle Eastern players play in Europe and Asia and the reason for the lack of servers. The ping decision will go wrong against the Asian honest players and the Middle East players who do not have their own server. ‏ I hope the topic retracted and looked deeply at the thought of having killcam. I am a player from the Middle East and I never like hackers. Some times, I think I am dying from hacker player, but I do not have any evidence that I have died by hacker or a professional person. If the game has killcam, it would help to identify hackers and the professional players ‏I hope you think well before making any decision and thinking about killcam is very good for everyone.

yeah add killcam, so when u kill one guy from a 3 guys group, he can give away u'r position to the others.

8 minutes ago, mathys27 said:

yeah add killcam, so when u kill one guy from a 3 guys group, he can give away u'r position to the others.

If someone dies from the team, can't see the re-play until all the team members die.

• Upvote 1

Knowing that when u launch with a squad the group get disbanded when u leave the Raid, they will have to make a group system that make you stay in group even after leaving the Raid, it will be better to just block the Asians on Asian server and to add 1 or 2 server for them( let them deal with they'r cheaters until a "way" is found for them).

The situation on EU server is just terrible, can't do more than 3 raid without geting rushed by the Falsh with a Makarov.

On 6/4/2020 at 3:20 AM, TheWay said:

Asian region lock was implemented long time ago, but cheaters can play on different regions with the help of VPN services. We are looking into partial ban of this services. Other than that we slowly decreasing ping limit - not only because of cheaters, but because of overall bad ping influence on the server/other player experience. Right now ping limit is 180, we plan to limit it to 150-160.

This is unnecessary, all you need to do is forbidding podcasting on Chinese websites. 99 of 100 Chinese podcasters are cheating, this much I will say.

44 minutes ago, mathys27 said:

Knowing that when u launch with a squad the group get disbanded when u leave the Raid, they will have to make a group system that make you stay in group even after leaving the Raid, it will be better to just block the Asians on Asian server and to add 1 or 2 server for them( let them deal with they'r cheaters until a "way" is found for them).

The situation on EU server is just terrible, can't do more than 3 raid without geting rushed by the Falsh with a Makarov.

If you want to fight hackers, you are bound to change some game systems
You and others say forbid high ping and some say forbid Asians.

Well, I am a player from the Middle East, here are thousands of players playing in Europe, Asia and the Ping 150-190 reasons the lack of a server in the Middle East. Am I guilty?  Why do you stop me from playing?  I do not own a server in the Middle East. I am forced to play in Asia and Europe ping 190-150.
You are the most agreeable people on the subject of ping and the reason is that ping with you under 20-50. So are will not feel the suffering of players like me ping 190-150.
Among all the difficulties playing in ping 190-150, I am patient and enduring because I love playing it.
 And now you deny me a game!
 If ping's decision was implemented, I hope to work on the Middle East server or return money to a game played by every player from the Middle East, because this is an injustice to us. I currently play my normal 150-190 ping because I do not have a server in the Middle East. I am forced to play in Europe or Asia.

• Upvote 1

So ur not gonna find a way to actually prevent the cheaters from using hacks but u are gonna lock pings and put the many Chinese hackers quarantined in Asia servers so all the Asian servers just suffer these swarm of Chinese cheaters?? ok fine.  I think u should implement a working ingame report system or something that actually catch the cheaters ASAP and stop doing this kind of bullshit patch.

6 minutes ago, winafu said:

So ur not gonna find a way to actually prevent the cheaters from using hacks but u are gonna lock pings and put the many Chinese hackers quarantined in Asia servers so all the Asian servers just suffer these swarm of Chinese cheaters?? ok fine.  I think u should implement a working ingame report system or something that actually catch the cheaters ASAP and stop doing this kind of bullshit patch.

Hello this foreign friend
This is a blind spot where you do not really understand and communicate with each other!
Use a cheater to fight! China's network control is strict, and you cannot access it normally!
And we cannot visit your website normally! And we need to pass a VPN!
To visit your official website! Because we are well-known Chinese anchors, the media people promote!
Takov this game! Instantly hot! You will find many Chinese players!
At present, this game, the global number of players, the proportion of Chinese players is 80% of your other countries combined
Of the 80% of players, only 10% are cheaters of profit-making studios!
Of all accounts banned by the game development team, we do not deny 90%!
It is a banned account in China, but 80% of this account is banned.
All cheaters from the source profit studio team! One of the members of a team!
Among members, you can take out dozens or hundreds of accounts that have been banned!
If we have 1,000 normal players, there are very few dozens of players that will be used as frauds!
I believe that there will be very few players in other countries that use cheaters!
Among these dozens of players, there may be a few rookies, use him for game experience!
The reason behind it is that there is no game experience, the rookie who just bought the game can only open a cheater to seek the game experience!
And other cheaters, they all call it the profit studio team!
The main reason behind them is to use cheats, see through high-value items, and kill players!
In order to obtain game coins, conduct offline transactions in cash mode and sell them to other Chinese players!
For Chinese players, the character of playing games is the rich! I don't want to find items through the game!
Can use the fastest and easiest way to enrich your account equipment strength! Go in and play against the players!
The accounts used by the cheaters are all the standard version of the game, about 30 million in game currency!
You can get a standard version of the game! All lead to doing so the profit-making studio team!
They have a standard account, which can bring them the price of dozens of accounts!
The normal players in China belong to the dark edge! Chinese people are not short of money to play games!
All have made so many profit-making studio team! For big data analysis!
There are 50,000 Chinese players in China, and there are hundreds of people who actually use cheaters!
The banned 10,000 accounts are nothing more than a dozen accounts lost by dozens of people!
Blocking such an account also represents the profit studio team!
I earned a lot of money that I can't use statistics to count their profits!
Including our well-known Chinese anchors and well-known media websites, we are advising everyone!
It is still impossible to control the prohibition of buying gold offline! After all, many Chinese players
Don't want to spend too much time to develop your own account! Just want to cash!
Save time to experience the game! Sincerely want to improve buying behavior,
Only by changing the job-hopping market, let the game go to a hard-core FPS game normally!

I'm writing a suggestion in the suggestion section! It is also a channel for our Chinese green players to stand up and communicate with foreign players! It is because of regional cultural differences! There will be many misunderstandings!
I believe we are all like playing FPS competitive games! Hobbies, we do not distinguish races!
What we need is to jointly maintain eSports! Our Chinese FPS competitive ban technical ability is also quite strong! The reason why we play FPS with global connection! We just want to have a friendly match with foreign friends! Progress with each other!

The following is the forum transmission link:

https://forum.escapefromtarkov.com/topic/130266-as-a-chinese-player-advice-to-developers-and-unfair-treatment/

Click into the portal to truly communicate with Chinese players!
I hope everyone can communicate with each other! We are making the game better, not watching it go bankrupt
Because of regional cultural differences and education issues, you don't need to be too hard, and you have a correct attitude!
It’s good for everyone to know each other’s play experience!

• Like 1

What you do will make the game worse and worse. We also have a lot of ordinary players. We need a green environment. We are not here to help you solve these terrible things. More and more hackers are happy with the item tick mechanism, and many multinational friends can't play with the lock Ping mechanism. If you do not have the ability, please close the game directly. And open the refund channel. More than 20000 people have been calling for refunds, and the number will only increase. But their English is not very good, so they didn't come to the forum.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 0zuixin0 said:

What you do will make the game worse and worse. We also have a lot of ordinary players. We need a green environment. We are not here to help you solve these terrible things. More and more hackers are happy with the item tick mechanism, and many multinational friends can't play with the lock Ping mechanism. If you do not have the ability, please close the game directly. And open the refund channel. More than 20000 people have been calling for refunds, and the number will only increase. But their English is not very good, so they didn't come to the forum.

On 6/3/2020 at 10:21 PM, Niewiarygodny said:

Exactly man they will not just divide the community but loose so many players and reputation.Putting all asians together and then softcore region locking is a shocker,i havent played in 2 days since they announced this.

1 hour ago, potato_masher said:

的确,他们不仅会分割社区,还会失去这么多球员和声誉。将所有亚洲人放在一起,然后将软核区域锁定,令人震惊,自从他们宣布这一点以来,我还没有玩过两天。

me too。Can servers in other countries guarantee that there are no cheaters? In Asia, there are only a large number of cheaters due to the large population, but we think that fans of takov games in any country hate cheaters, and cheaters are disgusting. But any FPS game can't be stopped completely. We just hope to do better in the game and provide better game environment for our fans of takov. For example, if ping250 is in the acceptance range, the tick mechanism can be changed to n time to live or n experience to die in the game.

On 6/3/2020 at 8:20 PM, TheWay said:

Dear Escapers!

A few words about what's being done in terms of RMT and cheaters:

1. BattlEye bans (a lot of them everyday, we are all together refining the system to ban them as fast as possible). From 12.6 patch start (from 28-th of May) almost 10 000 cheaters banned already. The situation is that most of the cheaters gets banned, it only a reason of time (which needs to be as soon as possible).
  2. We are making the report system ingame with a lot of additional stats gathering, this info will be used with BattlEye and it will not be one and only reason of ban.
  3. We are making additional countermeasures against cheaters on game servers (instakick, instaban).
  4. We are looking into 2FA SMS verification of accounts but it is not a simple task and it will not make the game cheater-free (cheaters, who pay 200 $ for a cheat will pay for another simcard or for a virtual simcard service easily). This will just make their life a little harder, but it's a good thing. Stop thinking that 2FA SMS is the only needed thing.
  5. Asian region lock was implemented long time ago, but cheaters can play on different regions with the help of VPN services. We are looking into partial ban of this services. Other than that we slowly decreasing ping limit - not only because of cheaters, but because of overall bad ping influence on the server/other player experience. Right now ping limit is 180, we plan to limit it to 150-160.
  6. We ban real money traders too, as well as RMT buyers. Planning a lot of things against them which I can't disclose.
  7. Many more things.

Unfortunately, some of past and upcoming measures can influence on the fair players, restrict them somehow. That's why it's not an easy and quick bunch of measures - it must be done properly.

It always been a highest priority!

10/10 TheWay. It's good to see the Battlestate crew working on measures to make the game more enjoyable, and cheater free for everyone playing the game properly, however with ping limits, do you not feel this will negatively affect friends from different regions (predominantly European and North American) players from playing with one another due to the ping involved?

2FA will never completely stop cheaters, not much will but it's more about making their lives harder to cheat, which will eventually deter them from wanting to cheat in the first place as it's not worth the hassle.

Either way, good job to you and the crew.

You say you are doing stuff but I and several of my friends are getting killed in the spawn as soon as we spawn in.  we got people blatantly cheating shooting though stuff rapid fire mosins etc. shooting you from under the map (woods) or above couldn't tell vertical tracers.  combine that with most of the loot appearing to have been removed.. (at least in interchange)  we got scavs with fort armor.. any way you cut this its just the devs hate ducking the player base. Supposedly yall said Tarkov is not supposed to be fun. Well You are succeeding fantastically well.  The sound is worse... much worse.. there was nothing new of note for the wipe..  it did make me 100m poorer though.. so that was totally worth it... I think its time to call it here. It was fun for a year+ but the complete lack of fucks is making this unplayable in any sort of fun way. (yes yes i know its not supposed to be fun)

23 hours ago, winafu said:

being a report button will not help to get the cheaters. aside from people will abuse that button for every death (i have seen this on other games that people for just dying to someone, they report em, and this will cause thousands of the reported case that will need to check), even if someone cheated and you reported him, it will take time for investigate and determine that the reported one was actually cheating so it will not be ASAP, otherwise innocent people will get banned cause a loser reported him for dying to him.

btw we have a game called pubg hah! this game has report button and kill cam. i have a question for you, "have those shits prevented cheaters from cheating?!!" we all know that pubg suffering from high amount of cheaters in its game so pls stop begging for that magic button and killcam. of course it's good to have those options but it will not help that much with cheaters case. it will just cost time and effort with no success, thats it.

don't get me wrong, i'm against ping limitation too.

Rather than improving the servers you decided to tell people that play with their friends to screw them, and add a ping limit and even reduce it. This is a dick move. If you are out of ideas how to fight cheaters that use some kinda spoof software to get over ping limitations I suggest you make an English game client (available in Asia as well) and change the game signs that are questioning chinese goverment. At least it sounds like a better idea than what ever the hell you guys are doing. I'm a fan of this game, but when you decide to limit players enjoyment then I dunno man, in my opinion it's a scummy move...

First of all, please forgive the poor postings using a translation site.

Out of the blue, this measure is nothing short of ridiculous. This is mere procrastination, imposing procrastination due to your inability to force the people of Asia to There's only one.

Have you guys ever played a lab in the Asian region?

The lab has been turned into hell by hackers who show up at every game. It's not a coincidence. The hackers use the lab as a place to earn money, where they can collect efficient items for RMTs. It's safe to say that the lab has been shut down by hackers by

That's not all. It's not uncommon to encounter hackers multiple times an hour in Asia right now.

Despite the devastation at this point, you developers are still trying to push the hacker problem into the Asian region.

Can that actually work? They have the means to scrape through VPN and ping restrictions. Certainly, it will reduce some damage. But that's "outside of Asia". Asia will not even be able to play the game properly with a large number of hackers forced on it. Id.

When the Asian region was previously region locked, emissary explained to me that this wasn't a region lock, it was a technical issue and a temporary fix.

I suspected it was a region lock to prevent hackers, but I trusted the official information and kept quiet.

However, NIKITA, you described it as "the region lock you did before". So that was a region lock. I was stupid enough to believe your explanation. It's a scam.

I don't need to tell you that the majority of the hackers must have come from China. But that's no fault of the good Asian players. Of course you guys are not responsible either.

But with the implementation of the market and the increase in demand for RMTs due to regular wiping, and the hackers that come with it. The increase is foreseeable. You are working hard every day to ban people through anti-cheat programs and manual verification. I know. I can't even begin to imagine the hardship and frustration. I really appreciate it.

But more than that, hackers are repeatedly using RMTs and their hard-earned money to recreate accounts. ...and you're going to cover up the disaster by locking hackers in the Asian region. He plotted to strengthen the lock. It's stupid. Really stupid.

If we do that with the current anti-hacker status quo, the whole Asian region will look like a lab on the map. Id. I can't play it properly. Surely you all know that, but for the sake of the world, except for the Asian region ... no, from them. They are trying to sacrifice the Asian region to avoid the accusations of At least that's what it looked like to me. Especially after the earlier "region lock scam".

I didn't drop money on this game to be played by hackers. I was an avid follower of yours. The addition of the recovery motion, the ammo loading, this time the stamina system... that was controversial to users. I was happy to accept the change in specs for reality. I paid the not inconsiderable sum of $200 in anticipation of the future of your wonderful game. That's why I am deeply disappointed in this choice.

This is not a hacker-proof solution. It's just a wrinkle. Anti-hacker protection is a direct attack on hackers, not a good It's not an ad hoc sacrifice of the player, in my opinion.

I hope you change your mind about that.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

• Like 1

Lowering the ping is a crazy way to fight against hackers. that really doesnt stop them at all. We playing an online game to play with online friends. really isnt worth ping locking players. But we all know the BSG way is to put a limit on everything. but please BSG up the limit. this isnt a comp game where you really need 5 ping. yes there is a way too high ping where you lag everywhere. but I mean the 250 wasnt great but still do able. maybe for a start 210-220. I know a lot will still be limited but can up it after a day or 2 and work on hackers a better way

The Ping lock is killing the game, the lower BSG makes it the worse its gonna be for Players. I understand what they want to do. 200ping was just enough for me to play with all my friends in EU. This is why I got EOD. Now this is not possible. Please find another solution to this problem!! After raid Kill cam in message box for a fee from Skier.....ext. with a report function.  

• Upvote 2

I think the changes to ping lock to this extent will kill the game for A LOT of people. We play a lot (from South Africa) with friends in Europe because the population in our servers isn't incredible but now it's both impossible for us South Africans to play with EU mates and EU mates can't stay connected to our servers either. If this carries on it will drive a lot of people away from the game if the only server that they can play on have minimal population

The avg ping from US west to some Europe server is about 160-170, but as my friends experience, this will not cause any bad experience there. If you continue reduce ping limitation, US player will also be limit to play in US and hard to play in Europe, that's pretty bad for global game.

Its a shame there is so meny of these insects... Best fps game but 9/10 lab raids you get a speed esp cheater fukkin you over.

Would be fun to know how meny of these cheater there are thats try to play normal and not show cheats i mean there are alot of the speedhackin insta tap guys so must be quite a fue others as well..

I can say without a doubt, that having to play this game since 2016, cheaters has been a past problem. I could say now that over time, I've been seeing less and less cheaters since battle eye got implemented.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1