What's being done in terms of RMT and cheaters

TheWay

vor 3 Minuten schrieb htanmsa:

another voice opposing recent ping change. cant play with friends plz consider 200 ping limit

Yes its unfortunate, but it cant be allowed.

To put that into perspective, the two locations furthest away on earth would have a theoretical ping of

-> 133 milliseconds.

So a ping of 200ms is just insanely bad, in that time you could almost send a package around the whole earth TWICE.

And for network programming, if a ping exceeds 200ms its not possible to really extra- and intra-polate a position of the player close enough that the result can satisfy the requirements of a AAA shooter.

So if you are at 200ms, you ruin the game for everyone on that map.

Thats totally unacceptable.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, skyflashde said:

Yes its unfortunate, but it cant be allowed.

To put that into perspective, the two locations furthest away on earth would have a theoretical ping of

-> 133 milliseconds.

So a ping of 200ms is just insanely bad, in that time you could almost send a package around the whole earth TWICE.

And for network programming, if a ping exceeds 200ms its not possible to really extra- and intra-polate a position of the player close enough that the result can satisfy the requirements of a AAA shooter.

So if you are at 200ms, you ruin the game for everyone on that map.

Thats totally unacceptable.

well I dont know about network but I do know that the games i played with friends  i could get 140-180 ping and play happily. In these games Rainbow six siege,pubg,Apex legends, Valorant. I can get constant ping.  But tarkov servers are literally bsss..... So I hoped atleast no ping lock 

On 6/3/2020 at 10:05 PM, potato_masher said:

This is horrible,I am from South Africa and my ping to EUW is around 170-200 i only play with people in europe so now im forced to solo until my servers die out and gg.I think its the end of my time playing this game.This hidden region lock agenda is not cool,what a waste of my money,would never have spent it if i knew this was your approach all along.Such a pitty putting so much time into this game for nothing.

Look at it from the perspective of all EU players that you plinked around the corner.. I am getting far too many of those and frankly am fed up to play a game where the convenience of the other prevents me from playing normally.

So we all have our interests, but I'm sure the majority is served with normal ping enemies, sorry for the few who play cross-continental (AND with no intent to exploit, there are many of those as well, not to forget).

@TheWay / BSG, thank you for taking the issue seriously. We will have to wait to see results first however, as on paper BE implementation should have solved a lot of this.

I am still of the opinion that you need to adress the underlying issues of cheating: the game is too money-focussed and too much profit can be made through the Flea, that motivates RMT and huge cheat waves. If you would cap Flea market sale prices, exorbitant profits (100,000 for a B-11??) would disappear and it would not be worth the hackers' time. It does not put BSG in a good light either that those spending this much on cheats have no issue with buying a new account over and over again, which is clean income for you. This conflict of interest makes your efforts questionable, if you are on the other hand not willing to adress the Flea market core mechanics, where the issues stem from.

Edited by Barangolo
  • Like 1

On 6/4/2020 at 12:58 AM, KarlPato said:

This Idear is trying to Eliminate Cheaters regarding real world money transfer's

Ingame money ie Found in Raid Paper Cash still valid only changes on extraction or death

as soon as you extract or die with cash in secure container and get to the character screen
physical cash is changed into digital currencey rubles,dollars,euros and cannot be handed out via stacks
to friends or in the case of real world money transfer's / cheaters making IRL money to Punters.

1.In raid cash can still be found
2.On extraction or death (secure container) in game pysical paper funds are converted to digital at Character screen/Stash)

Pros.= reduce IRL money tranfairs

cons.= money case will be obsolete

= paid extractions will be effected (1.maby equip PMC with a PDA device not lootable of course to hold funds)
                                                                       (2.have a pre paid vechical extraction 1st come 1st serverd baysis)
                                                                       (3.or only found in raid cash can be used for this extraction)

= Cannot help out friends who are low on cash (get good mate) :)

On a personal note i am just a player of the game and have no knowledge of the lore or tarkov and if this idear
effects the lore of the game.

Lol this is actually a very good idea. Stop allowing money transfers!

I appreciate the effort to rid the game of cheaters but when you guys implemented the ping limit, you ostracised Australia from the rest of the world. I can't play with anyone anymore unless they're in Australia. I hope you guys are able to find another method to dealing with cheaters that will allow you to increase the limit or remove it entirely one day but as it stands, I can't bring myself to play anymore as most of my enjoyment came from playing Tarkov with my friends across the world. I'll insert an example of ping difference between my friend in Canada and my ping in Australia. Sad times.

AussievsCanada.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/3/2020 at 10:03 PM, Locowero said:

Good news! but on the other hand more ping restrictions will increase even more the queue for alot of servers, this is SAM at this moment

spacer.png

Well, its everywhere.. Inserted is a normal EU Scav queue, the PMC is even worse.. So stop whining and enjoy the time you get to spend on the map.. :D
We all have bad queue times..

Endnu mere lortemorgen.png

On 6/8/2020 at 1:12 PM, htanmsa said:

i could get 140-180 ping and play happily

Ye the thing is, you play happily, you can't see what your enemies see.
How you lag, or that you shoot first and appear after 0.5-1s etc.

Hey,

a ping limit is great and 150 is really lenient.

For all who whine ("but I play with my international friends" or "queue to long"):

stop being egoistic, you are ruining the game for others with your "ping spikes only for a few seconds!!"

make some new friends in your region and play on the regional servers with them.

cheers

• Upvote 1

Am 3.6.2020 um 21:20 schrieb TheWay:

Dear Escapers!

A few words about what's being done in terms of RMT and cheaters:

1. BattlEye bans (a lot of them everyday, we are all together refining the system to ban them as fast as possible). From 12.6 patch start (from 28-th of May) almost 10 000 cheaters banned already. The situation is that most of the cheaters gets banned, it only a reason of time (which needs to be as soon as possible).
  2. We are making the report system ingame with a lot of additional stats gathering, this info will be used with BattlEye and it will not be one and only reason of ban.
  3. We are making additional countermeasures against cheaters on game servers (instakick, instaban).
  4. We are looking into 2FA SMS verification of accounts but it is not a simple task and it will not make the game cheater-free (cheaters, who pay 200 $ for a cheat will pay for another simcard or for a virtual simcard service easily). This will just make their life a little harder, but it's a good thing. Stop thinking that 2FA SMS is the only needed thing.
  5. Asian region lock was implemented long time ago, but cheaters can play on different regions with the help of VPN services. We are looking into partial ban of this services. Other than that we slowly decreasing ping limit - not only because of cheaters, but because of overall bad ping influence on the server/other player experience. Right now ping limit is 180, we plan to limit it to 150-160.
  6. We ban real money traders too, as well as RMT buyers. Planning a lot of things against them which I can't disclose.
  7. Many more things.

Unfortunately, some of past and upcoming measures can influence on the fair players, restrict them somehow. That's why it's not an easy and quick bunch of measures - it must be done properly.

It always been a highest priority!

Hello..why have i by other games only a ping from 10-40?what do she..

So I guess they lowered the ping kick to 150? The best connection I can get is 150 so when it goes slightly over I get booted. rip eft for me, really bummed.I'm deployed in Afghanistan, I use EFT to unwind after a bad day. Now I enter a game, play for about 10 seconds and then get kicked. Not knowing or understanding whats going on I kept trying to play. Game worked fine for 6 months here, now it don't work at all. 

People with bad ping are at a disadvantage but that is something I just have to deal with, at least I get to play, now I dont

• Like 1

They should really give us ping slider option set default to 155 or whatever they like and we can increase ping so that we can be matched with similar players who set the ping limit above 155. In this way everyone will be happy.

But instead of giving us freedom they locked us out of game which is sad. I really don’t understand why they did this without consideration. Are they lazy to implement it ? Decided to implement it to free servers (new influx of players due to twitch event) ? Instant implemented (may or may not think and provide solution later ) without considering results  to support twitch live drop events ( to show that game is hacker free ?) I really don’t understand why ?

there is always better way to satisfy all types of players but this move is really bad to implement without proper way

On 6/3/2020 at 9:45 PM, CHEEZOOO said:

Honestly 200 ping limit is already enough, as a UK player with a LOT of US friends who play this game, I would have to select 1 maybe 2 servers to consistently stay under 150 ping if you turn it down that much, and it will make it much less enjoyable, please keep it at 180

Get better internet connection ping should be locked at max 100 ping ...

47 минут назад, ChronekDKC сказал:

Light velocity in vacuum is about 300 km per 1ms.

Signal velocity in optical cable is about 70% of light.

Earth equator is about 40k kms in circle

Average cable from Europe to USA is about 10k kms. Is already 100 ms ping. And then its not rare cable. Its many hops between consumers and every hop gift as little delay. After this BSGs servers is not best servers in the world.

Physic try to learn it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/18/2020 at 3:12 PM, Eighteenb said:

So I guess they lowered the ping kick to 150? The best connection I can get is 150 so when it goes slightly over I get booted. rip eft for me, really bummed.I'm deployed in Afghanistan, I use EFT to unwind after a bad day. Now I enter a game, play for about 10 seconds and then get kicked. Not knowing or understanding whats going on I kept trying to play. Game worked fine for 6 months here, now it don't work at all. 

People with bad ping are at a disadvantage but that is something I just have to deal with, at least I get to play, now I dont

You can still play offline mode

• 3 months later...
On 6/24/2020 at 1:35 AM, ChronekDKC said:

why not limit it to 5 altogether so only ppl that live right next to the server can play u need to understand that theres ppl living outside the country they were born and like to play with their friends

• 8 months later...
On 6/4/2020 at 5:51 AM, tobiassolem said:

Points 1, 5 and 6 (and 7) are already implemented. 2 and 3 are SOON(tm). Whereas 4 needs a lot of consideration before it is implemented.

well its not working then

I have to post here, and I have to rant about it - Because frankly it doesn't feel like enough is being done.

Let's talk 2FA - If you enable 2FA by default, No it won't remove the players that pay a ton for their cheats, but it will remove an awful lot of people who can't be arsed and cheat just to "be good"... That's a start!....

Secondly - your own anti-cheat clearly isn't working, so drop it... BE clearly isn't working, drop it...
Try nProtect Gameguard - It accesses your RAM memory so should be able to detect the damn radar scripts at least...

It's also a known fact that most "Cheaters" seem to have TTV in their name, so if someone wants that name, have a more intensive watchful eye on them....

Incorporate a kill cam, This way your get way less "Reports" to filter through as players will be able to easily see if someone was cheating or not, I mean it's kind of obvious - That way people will report the ones that are actually worth reporting, and not those who just got a lucky shot off, like those who directly run to you while geared, to kill you....

Honestly - The hackers at the start of each wipe, and the end of a wipe are pig awful, and really really ruin a great game, It's almost 1/2 of my games currently I come across some sort of hacker whose blatantly using a radar script/wall hack or aimbot currently and it's awful, like honestly it's awful as a player who just wants to play the damn game, but is constantly kept at the bottom of the chain because whenever I'm able to afford a loadout to actually play I die within the first 60 seconds to some bullshit that doesn't happen if I'm not geared....

It would also be nice if you notified players if there reports are responsible for banning players or not, because as a player, a backer - It very much feels like the devs don't give a poo, They don't talk about it, they don't acknowledge it, and the only response you get in the discord is some toxic arse kid that's probably cheating themselves saying "git gud".... Which is just as frustrating.

Another step you can take is region lock the servers... Never mind latency, you can bypass that if you really want too, You have an auto detection for closest servers, so after the first ever match - LOCK EVERY OTHER SERVER, that is not within that region for the player. This would somewhat restrict the chances of cheaters on some servers.

Or how about putting it on Steam and using the VAC - Works damn well, doesn't remove all of them no - But it's probably the best out there, and would remove even more hackers/cheaters, not to mention probably open your player base up more to more people....

But above all else - The developers should damn well do a weekly/monthly announcement notifying players that you do give a poo, about these low lifes ruining the genuine players game that they paid for, Instead of ignoring us and ignoring them - Because that really is a frustration on it's own.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Why are sites like Ebay still allowing sales of in-game items? It is against most of the ToS agreements of games that this is not permitted.

If Battlestate Games went after the online sellers that would eliminate 90% of cheating as there would be a restriction of income, the cheaters would move back to other illegal activities as cheating is futile unless you're making money from it. Do a search on Ebay.co.uk for Tarkov in-game services. Check how many sales these sellers have completed.

On 7/28/2021 at 12:45 AM, VIK-Nightranger said:

Or how about putting it on Steam and using the VAC - Works damn well, doesn't remove all of them no - But it's probably the best out there, and would remove even more hackers/cheaters, not to mention probably open your player base up more to more people....

Did you really suggested putting this cheatshitfest of a game on a platform that has public reviews AND allows refunds? (PUBG "left beta" because of it).

And VAC is a worse joke than battleeye.

Edited by ricacov