Blackb1rd

Sherpas Weapons

Blackb1rd

In this topic, we suggest you to share your vision of how the Sherpa reward, the bonus lethal weapon, should be implemented. Tell us what you think. How many rookies should a Sherpa train to gain access to this weapon? Should this weapon surpass the conventional game ordnance? If yes, to what extent? Or should it give a different kind of advantage? 

P.s: Now Sherpas don’t get any additional gear from the company. That is planned, however. 

hexxcode

A special weapon or weapon skin to show his experience would be the perfect way.

This should not remove by death - but also not overpowered or too different from those which you can obtain by normal playing.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 14

Kwahamot

This weapon shouldn't be any more special than the games that normal people have but maybe will look different. Maybe a skin that is only obtainable by a Sherpa possibly has the Sherpa's name engraved on the weapon itself. This gun shouldn't be lootable but should be only allowed to be used, for example, one raid every hour to prevent unfairness. 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 11

cazz669

I think a unique skin, that the sherpa gets to keep in a similar way to the axe you get from pre order.
Maybe the skin is weathered, clearly showing its been used and abused, thus reflecting the " veteran" status of the Sherpa.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

Kevin073

I dont get it, What is this with the sherpa? What does it mean.
Im reading but can't really follow what it is about. 

cazz669

Kevin

from what I read a sherpa will be a community member who actively helps and supports people in getting to grips with the game, how various elements work, how to loot, how to survive and escape.

• Upvote 1

Fox_STI_127

I'd say the sherpa can choose one of his guns to be not lost if he should die. Once a month he can choose a new gun as his sherpa weapon.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 11

xRAxThanatos

Are shtguns not op enough ahah ;) Only kidding. But what have you got in mind devs?

Retroperspect
1 minute ago, ben_der said:

I'd say the sherpa can choose one of his guns to be not lost if he should die. Once a month he can choose a new gun as his sherpa weapon.

so if I understand correctly. it still drops on death but he gets a dub when he return to menu? cause I like that system, no special skins. just a endorsed safety net for those that wishes to teach with something that isn't a pistol.

Delta9802

I reckon the amount of players trained should be about 10 so its not to high but not too low depending on how long training each player takes.

I think the weapon should be different depending on if the player is USEC or BEAR and should be able to be customised into pretty much any role from marksman to CQB breacher. It shouldn't be removed on death but it will lose all customisation, other players can pick it up and use it during the raid but do not keep it after wards. Both weapons I suggest are in 7.62 and are both capable of full auto so they are slightly more powerful than a M4 or AK74 but aren't on the level of a .50 cal in terms of power

USEC Sherpa weapon, SCAR H as it can be modified to a PDW or a DMR and is generally a good all round weapon with it looking like it will become the main US Army weapon of choice after the M4.

BEAR Sherpa  G3A3, again the G3 is great heavy rifle like the scar and can be customised heavily with things like a retracting stock and shorten barrel and forend to being turned into a PSG substitute  

SCAV Sherpa (if one will exist) M14, a soild weapon with full auto feature from the Vietnam era.

• Upvote 5

wh1tey

the sherpa should train at least 10 rookies to get his reward. i think a special outfit would be nice. a gun is to much in my opinion. maybe a unique knife skin or something like that, but it didnt get lost in raids as bonus for the work.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

bigkerm91
16 minutes ago, Kevin073 said:

I dont get it, What is this with the sherpa? What does it mean.
Im reading but can't really follow what it is about. 

Check this post out :) 

• Like 1

Angel_Eyes

This is a fun idea but I am imploring you not to give these folks any kind of weapon that isn't obtainable by other players in game.

Unique cosmetics is fine. Please nothing more. Please.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Sandower

10 students is good amount in my opinion. Not fullfilled too soon, and not so many for persistent players.

mad_max91

SV-98, bolt action with worn out color, generally with visible signs of wear but kept functional, also add something on the buttstock like scratch marks which Sherpa used to count how many scavs he took down and as a side arm silenced makarov. Think anything above that would make them a target for everyone and maybe even people they are training might turn on them and kill them for their weapon... Also giving them a battle rifles like SCAR-H or G3A3 would give them a huge advantage over everyone else. These rifles are state of the art and in as hardcore game as this they will be top tier weapons mostly everyone will use.

Reaper0311

I think I heard the SKS was going to be put on here maybe that with a skin.

Fakte

I Think Sherpas should get a special Pistol smth like the engraved 1911 or Deagle wich cant be looted by other players.

A pistol wont be as OP as a shotgun or rifle wich cant be looted so the Program wont Impact the balancing this much. 

Also it prevents sherpas from loosing all Gear so they can still train more rookies.

More over the Sherpas should get smth like medkits, splints, bandages for training 1 out of 10 Rookies wich helps them keeping their squad alive

• Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

Fox_STI_127
vor 20 Minuten schrieb Retroperspect:

so if I understand correctly. it still drops on death but he gets a dub when he return to menu? cause I like that system, no special skins. just a endorsed safety net for those that wishes to teach with something that isn't a pistol.

I'd say make the weapon not lootable, so no the weapon won't be dropped. But as a reward the player who killed the sherpa should get the dog tag of the sherpa which will be worth more than regular dog tags and can be used to buy stuff at traders. 
Like it is done right now with the Trader Fence.

• Upvote 7

bigkerm91
Just now, ben_der said:

I'd say make the weapon not lootable, so no the weapon won't be dropped. But as a reward the player who killed the sherpa should get the dog tag of the sherpa which will be worth more than regular dog tags and can be used to buy stuff at traders. 
Like it is done right now with the Trader Fence.

I like this idea :) 

Ivozor
28 minutes ago, ben_der said:

Seal of approval.

wollow

I think it sherpa rewards defenetly should be visual , like a special spraypint (not  pink and other noob colours) or a custom engraved writing on it ,maybe a different silencer, weapon sights or pistol grips for an instance !

moNkje

I like the general idea of the sherpa, but please don't give him any advantage over "mere" players in terms of a permanent weapon.  The sherpa is a hardened veteran in venturing into Tarkov and manouvering through it. He knows the risks, period.
Furthermore he's experienced, so it shouldn't be to big of a problem for him to get geared up again to some degree. ;)

A cool looking skin or a unique pistol with fair stats compared to "normal" pistols is enough, imho.
You see this in plenty of other games. People spend tons of  money in games like KotK, CS:GO, etc, just to visually distinct themselves from others. Hence a unique pistol with fair stats or a skin is a good enough motivation to become a sherpa.

Regards,
moNkje

PS: Sup' community :)

Edited by moNkje
  • Upvote 2

JRMATICS

i think Sherpa should get special weapons, and outfits..... for this is a special person... and he/she would not be Sherpa if they weren't distinguished and trusted... I've watched geared to the max guys get taken down by a player with only an ax, meaning its not the weapon or gear that makes the player its the player himself,,, thats why i never worry when i'm out geared,, u always have a chance to come out on top if your clever enough,,, oh and as mentioned in previous post,,, his special items cant be looted if he dies

RhysGittoes

Type 115 from Arma - Has to be very hard to aquire.

It consists of two separate weapons combined into a single unit: a lower semi auto rifle chambered to fire .50 rounds and an upper automatic/semi auto rifle chambered in 6.5 mm. The gun can be modified with attachments to fulfill various roles in battle - BI.

Type_115.jpg

• Like 2

moNkje
vor 3 Minuten schrieb jrmatix:

i think Sherpa should get special weapons, and outfits..... for this is a special person... and he/she would not be Sherpa if they weren't distinguished and trusted... I've watchedarrow-10x10.png geared to the max guys get taken down by a player with only an ax, meaning its not the weapon or gear that makes the player its the player himself,,, thats why i never worry when i'm out geared,, u always have a chance to come out on top if your clever enough,,, oh and as mentioned in previous post,,, his special items cant be looted if he dies

Excatly, a sherpa in that fact shouldn't be worried that he can't recover from loosing all his gear. He basically counts his losses and starts over again. Giving him something unloosable in addition to the Gamma Container seems like a loss of immersion imho, because I really do value the game for its intense moments in PvP.

• Upvote 2

b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2