Blackb1rd

Sherpas Weapons

MadStalker

I agree with the others. Sherpa gun should only by a skin. If possible something with his name on. Not a special gun. A sherpa do not need a special gun. He could end every games with a knife. 

About the number of players needed to be train, the sherpa must keep his work as long as he lives. But let's say 30 players.

DeadEnd

A unique skin for the axe, make it look like a climbers ice axe would be just perfect and one more unique skin for the SV make it look like the Winchester 54. I don't think that anything they get should give them a advantage over normal players but giving them special unique skins is a perfect reward to show of your skills at getting out alive. If anything should be implemented to change gameplay at all maybe able to get special deals from the traders on gear, somethings unlocked that they can buy that no one else can from like Fence would make sense. Also on the training end of rookies, not a high number is needed but it should be something that deals with them getting the rookie out alive, along with keeping up the training of new rookies. Say as long as they keep training the keep having access to the perks of being a Sharpe and when they stop they no longer have the access and when they die and lose the special things they're no longer able to replace it. 

Edited by DeadEnd

klinGiii

Like  i said in the other Thread

Just an standard weapon like AK for BEAR Sherpa's and a M4 for USEC`s. Maybe they can get an specialized skin for the standard main weapon they use. But that`s enough.

Edited by klinGiii

BatBanco
vor 1 Stunde schrieb kwahamoT:

This weapon shouldn't be any more special than the games that normal people have but maybe will look different. Maybe a skin that is only obtainable by a Sherpa possibly has the Sherpa's name engraved on the weapon itself. This gun shouldn't be lootable but should be only allowed to be used, for example, one raid every hour to prevent unfairness. 

Totally agree with that.

edga48

Maybe ability to craft a bow or a crosbow ? its wouldnt be op and loosing it wouldn't be to painfull . This weapon would be stealthy and cheap but it would take some time to get used to

Uthious

I don't think Sherpa exclusive weapons are a good idea. If a player prefers a lone wolf playstyle and therefore won't be a part of the Sherpa program, why should they be punished by not having access to all the weapons?

Sherpas should get rewards for their selfless actions of course. With 10 well trained students, a Sherpa should have access to the Sherpa trader. This trader would make it seem like there exists a network of likeminded people to the players, and would sell weapons and gear with permanent name tags and/or a different skin. The Sherpa trader might offer the same items as the other traders with a slight discount maybe? 

These items would be lootable and the name tag would identify the original owner forever, maybe as a trophy of some sort. If an opposite faction to Sherpas was ever implemented, these tagged items could have greater value when sold to their respective trader. Or you could just look at the name tag and remind yourself how you scored a sweet item from an experienced player.

Edited by Uthious
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 6

frag1e

A flying knife would be nice. You can hunt down enemies with a throwable knife and kill him from 5m away soundless :uninja:

• Upvote 1

thenax911

If you must insist on a system like this...

They chose an already in game gun, you give them all mods + ammo and it has an ingame use timer 30 mins of online sever time then its gone for good.

Simon1279
2 hours ago, TomWolverson said:

I reckon the amount of players trained should be about 10 so its not to high but not too low depending on how long training each player takes.

I think the weapon should be different depending on if the player is USEC or BEAR and should be able to be customised into pretty much any role from marksman to CQB breacher. It shouldn't be removed on death but it will lose all customisation, other players can pick it up and use it during the raid but do not keep it after wards. Both weapons I suggest are in 7.62 and are both capable of full auto so they are slightly more powerful than a M4 or AK74 but aren't on the level of a .50 cal in terms of power

USEC Sherpa weapon, SCAR H as it can be modified to a PDW or a DMR and is generally a good all round weapon with it looking like it will become the main US Army weapon of choice after the M4.

BEAR Sherpa  G3A3, again the G3 is great heavy rifle like the scar and can be customised heavily with things like a retracting stock and shorten barrel and forend to being turned into a PSG substitute  

SCAV Sherpa (if one will exist) M14, a soild weapon with full auto feature from the Vietnam era.

this is a great idea

Sam_

I for one believe the special weapon should have some type of special attribute to it. What it is, I do not know. I also believe it shouldn't be a 100% one shot kill golden gun style weapon. Thirdly, I strongly suggest it not being able to be kept on death, so that if another player kills the Sherpa, he/she earned the sherpas special weapon and can use it and the special attribute is still active. 

Itd create a neat market / desire for rare "Sherpa guns" in the economy. They'd be worth a lot. Theyd be sought after by everyone and not only sherpas would be able to have them, but would remain special to them because it's only them who can earn one. 

In addition, to make it special to the specific Sherpa who earned it, in the item description of the special weapon, there could be a little anecdote/story on how the Sherpa came to acquire it, by say, "taking on a group of 7 scavs while wounded and bleeding out, managed to kill them all but took another shot which fractured his leg, the Sherpa crawled to the exit and called for extraction." That maybe wasn't a great example , but the descriptions themselves could be story/lore rich and full of cool interesting info and epic stories , similar to the item descriptions of legendaries in Diablo III. 

Maybe a special attribute of one of the weapons could be fire rate increased by 5% or something like that. But also, so it's not overtly better than another weapon, the recoil also goes up accordingly. 

As for the cosmetic condition of the weapon, I think it would be neat for it to have trench art engraved in the wood, granted it has a wood stock lol. As for weapons made with polymer stocks and such, maybe some type of interesting cerakoting. 

Just to clarify; while I think it would be cool for the weapon to have a small bonus attribute that makes it better than another weapon, I strongly believe it should not be golden gun good. It should still rely on the person using its skill mostly. And if the community as a whole decided they all don't believe a special attribute should be given to a sherpas gun, if any gun at all I'd be fine with that too. But I just personally think Since it is an RPG style survival shooter, that it would fit well. Maybe on a sherpas weapon isn't the right place, maybe on a weapon everyone can find and doesn't need to help newbs out and be chosen out of 10's of thousands of people for a Sherpa title. But still a rare, pray to RNGeesus type occurrence where you get lucky and find a weapon with (-5% recoil, +7% range) or something like that. 

• Upvote 1

Zoraxon

Only cosmetic. A special skin for each character and faction, linked to the account so new players can spot a sherpa from a distance, if they're working with one.

If a weapon is mandatory, exclusive access to a certain version of a weapon, that appears to all others on looting to just be the standard.

WaywardHavoc

Special weapon and uniform cosmetics as well as a small selection of versatile firearms for them to choose from for each milestone of players trained that they reach; things that are still obtainable with enough luck for the average player. They should also be given a surplus of magazines, ammo, and mods for their chosen weapons. 

Klean

I personally would love to see a unique melee weapon for the sherpas. Something like an Ice Pick or multi tool machete with increased melee range. 

• Upvote 2

Cosantoir

I personally believe that Sherpa's should get a non lethal item that they can use to help guide recruits and give a tactical advantage (thermal imagine monocular etc)

proppaganda
1 hour ago, Kleanuppguy said:

I personally would love to see a unique melee weapon for the sherpas. Something like an Ice Pick or multi tool machete with increased melee range. 

I agree with this. If you are giving them a reward, then do something like this. If you mean gear to help them teach, than just standard scav gear is all IMO. 

I really like this idea though! As a Destiny Sherpa this will be great for new players, especially for how cutthroat this game is. 

• Like 1

griffka1c

I personally vote for roughly 10 people trained a month with reset at the beginning of each month. 

As for the weapon, easy, SCAR-H 7.62 x 51. 20 rnd mag, ammo type that is unavailable to those not sherpa, and it packs a serious punch. The SCAR-Heavy is both powerful and accurate when fitted with a long barrel. Their are multiple variants in service right now in the US Spec Ops. Sniper variants, CQB, and standard. Allow the same type of customization that all the other guns get, but there is no question when you see it or hear that it will set a sherpa apart...

Dartfrog1982

I really like the sherpa idea. But I am against a special lethal weapon that is possibly overpowered. Unique but not overpowered and does not destroy the overall immersion of "real weapons". A KUKRI (Neapalese knife) would be nice and it is working good within the Sherpa theme :D

In my opinion it should be a special variant of a pistol, not loseable but lootable like the Salient Arms International Glock 19 for USEC and the  SPP-1 underwater pistol for BEAR. . A possible rifle would also be the StG 44, unique and usable. Or the INSAS assault rifle to stay in Sherpa theme (used by Indian and Neaplese army), rarely seen in games. 

Another idea.... did Spetznas troops not use special BALLISTIC KNIFE? That would be really nice ingame.

What you guys think?

Edited by Dartfrog1982

CptBluemax

lol a skin......come on guys...this isnt CS:GO

Edited by CptBluemax

frag1e

Ok, you get a graffiti too :uhappy:

edga48

unloottable weapons are not logical ( you nailed him , you loot him - god wont prevent you from looting him XD) .special weapons would make sherpa H.V.T and that would result in K.O.S ( thought based on dayz experiences with people ) .  skins can be smth not flashy like wrap on the stock with a few bullets , maybe kill count scratches , black wood with ak . maybe a difrent knife with special animation ( hes a profesional so he knows spots where to attack) maybe even adding fists as a knock out option ( bash on the head with the stock , take what you need and leave )

skandale

IMO the special weapon should be more cosmetic than being actually better than normal weapons.

Maybe something like an engraved PM for BEAR or an engraved M1911 for USEC.

42df3b24c70ba8c54556b5fdd1434cc4.jpg

56478bcb1d8b14a4a84e41d0fec5b9f6.jpg

Edited by skandale

Demoth

I would think that a Sherpa gun should be either an AK-74, or an M4A1, depending on if you're BEAR or USEC. Maybe some custom parts, like a MAGPUL handguard and grips for both, but not optics.

SpeedyGonzales

I think that Sherpas should get a skin for m4 or ak74, but it should be a realistic paintjob with good camo effect but something really special. 

Something like that but in wood or urban camo with some specials like the tape by the grip and such details.

maxresdefault.jpg

ak-12-05.jpg

vicwiz007

Yeah im all for asthetics only. I dont want to see  guy with some epic unfair gun he cant lose. Special gun skin he can show off, special cosmetic items for character, but not much else. Let people know this guy is special but dont give him guns that make him OP, so that players have a chance of killing him and when they do it is cool to know that you killed a sherpa, because you can tell by his gun skin or clothes.

Zabimaru

Sherpas should get a Special Face Mask which is essentially just a Balaclava. This headpiece would be easily spotted from a distance and would be perma-kept even on death. It cannot be used at the same time as a helmet. 

Anything else rewards people too much and makes it just a skill to level up instead of the incentive being more fun for players.

A mask is easily visible so people may play nice or give wide room to sherpas and their flock. There should not be any way to keep guns on death or any of this other nonsense, only a hat that identifies them clearly as a sherpa and doesn't in any way impact balance.

b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2