Blackb1rd

Sherpas Weapons

frag1e
vor 12 Minuten schrieb Zabimaru:

Sherpas should get a Special Face Mask which is essentially just a Balaclava. This headpiece would be easily spotted from a distance and would be perma-kept even on death. It cannot be used at the same time as a helmet. 

You mean like this? But complete with headset and cap for USEC. Sorry didn't find a good example for the BEAR version.

$_1.JPG

• Upvote 1

Awpersaurus

Personally i feel the Sherpa's weapon should be lethal enough to help his rookies out if they are in a pinch, but not so lethal they are able to stomp everyone on the server. The type of weapon to reward skill, since Sherpas are to be skilled. The amount of rookies should vary with how big the active player base is, for example if the player base is 1000, then training say 50 might be a little hard, as there are other Sherpa, and the ones that don't want help.

DeadEnd
3 hours ago, Awpersaurus said:

Personally i feel the Sherpa's weapon should be lethal enough to help his rookies out if they are in a pinch, but not so lethal they are able to stomp everyone on the server. The type of weapon to reward skill, since Sherpas are to be skilled. The amount of rookies should vary with how big the active player base is, for example if the player base is 1000, then training say 50 might be a little hard, as there are other Sherpa, and the ones that don't want help.

I think really tho any weapon fills this role, even pistol. Most engagements don't last longer than a few secs unless those first few shots aren't on mark. 

Amaterasu

A kukri knife. Definitely a Sherpa weapon. Maybe with a paracord grip. Unlootable but definitely something that stands out on your backpack as if to say "follow me" to the novices.

P01NT_MAN
18 hours ago, Blackb1rd said:

In this topic, we suggest you to share your vision of how the Sherpa reward, the bonus lethal weapon, should be implemented. Tell us what you think. How many rookies should a Sherpa train to gain access to this weapon? Should this weapon surpass the conventional game ordnance? If yes, to what extent? Or should it give a different kind of advantage? 

I think an unlootable (or not unlootable) fully modded (with the best possible mods) AK-47  or an SKS for Bear, and a FN Scar H or EBR M14 for USEC. All these weapons use a 7.62 cartridges with similar capabilities, so there is good balance there. 

I only say unlootable because it would be an exclusive gun only obtainable through being a Sherpa. If you have to work for it, it should be unlootable that's just my opinion though.  

What are the community's thoughts? 

Edited by P01NT_MAN

BrandonS101

It can't be a set number, it needs to be weather he has had a positive impact on the community and people have learned from twitch streams or youtube videos that maybe they have posted.

AngryHippie
Just now, BrandonS101 said:

It can't be a set number, it needs to be weather he has had a positive impact on the community and people have learned from twitch streams or youtube videos that maybe they have posted.

The whole follow you thing backfired haha all I hear is the notification with you messaging GG me right.

SlashyTheCow
15 hours ago, Uthious said:

I don't think Sherpa exclusive weapons are a good idea. If a player prefers a lone wolf playstyle and therefore won't be a part of the Sherpa program, why should they be punished by not having access to all the weapons?

Sherpas should get rewards for their selfless actions of course. With 10 well trained students, a Sherpa should have access to the Sherpa trader. This trader would make it seem like there exists a network of likeminded people to the players, and would sell weapons and gear with permanent name tags and/or a different skin. The Sherpa trader might offer the same items as the other traders with a slight discount maybe? 

These items would be lootable and the name tag would identify the original owner forever, maybe as a trophy of some sort. If an opposite faction to Sherpas was ever implemented, these tagged items could have greater value when sold to their respective trader. Or you could just look at the name tag and remind yourself how you scored a sweet item from an experienced player.

Fantastic idea, i'm fully behind this.

Goodi314

I think the weapon(s) shouldn't be any more "special" than any other of the weapons in game. No super huge advantages someone could manipulate negatively. I think maybe they should have a weapon slot that when they're killed, doesn't get looted. A slot that keeps the weapon bound to them so that they always have, "their" weapon. Because let's face it, as a master of combat, you will want the best tools for the job. It'd be a nice reward/perk for doing the Sherpa job.

SlashyTheCow
8 hours ago, skandale said:

IMO the special weapon should be more cosmetic than being actually better than normal weapons.

Maybe something like an engraved PM for BEAR or an engraved M1911 for USEC.

42df3b24c70ba8c54556b5fdd1434cc4.jpg

56478bcb1d8b14a4a84e41d0fec5b9f6.jpg

Edited by SlashyTheCow

Snafu

A custom camo/skin you can put onto any weapon you acquire in game that show's your Sherpa status.

DeadEnd
7 hours ago, BrandonS101 said:

I have to disagree about the Sherpa being a twitch streamer or youtuber, there just wont be enough of those people to be able to train and teach the amount of players coming into the game when it goes live. Also not everyone possess the qualities needed to be a Sherpa.Not everyone who wants to be a Sherpa will be a streamer or youtuber. Also the Sherpa seems to be more of a active role of training people in game, not posting up videos or having people sit in their stream watching, a role where they take them in under their wing and walk them through the brutal world of Tarkov teaching them to not fear, but to be calm and collected. 

BrandonS101
58 minutes ago, DeadEnd said:

I have to disagree about the Sherpa being a twitch streamer or youtuber, there just wont be enough of those people to be able to train and teach the amount of players coming into the game when it goes live. Also not everyone possess the qualities needed to be a Sherpa.Not everyone who wants to be a Sherpa will be a streamer or youtuber. Also the Sherpa seems to be more of a active role of training people in game, not posting up videos or having people sit in their stream watching, a role where they take them in under their wing and walk them through the brutal world of Tarkov teaching them to not fear, but to be calm and collected. 

If your going to want to train a mess amount of people the best way is to stream as you can answer questions almost immediatly. Most people can stream.

F4tm4n

Perhaps since a Sherpa is a leader of sorts I pose that as a benefit to going this uve spent many an hour moving stalking and crawling through the who knows what of tarkov all this time spent moving has taught u to move slightly faster quieter or perhaps even crouch lower. it would be cool if as we progressed our character moved more professionally 

edga48

before adding anything i only ask that Blackb1rd talks over with all the devs on how could this be abused . ideas posted sound awsome but many poeple forgot anything that we tuch we corrupt and twist . things need to be made having that thought in mind. clans , streamers and youtubers can abuse many of the features . so think over you're decisions a few times and from few perspectives

DeadEnd
14 minutes ago, BrandonS101 said:

If your going to want to train a mess amount of people the best way is to stream as you can answer questions almost immediatly. Most people can stream.

Did you read Blackb1rd or original post about the Sherpa program? A streamer or youtuber can't meet the needs of being a trainer, a trainer is there with the trainee in the raid, teaching them how to move, how to look at the environment, to listen. Teaching them the skills to survive Tarkov. A streamer can  yes answer questions, can yes go into a raid with some viewers but a streamer can't meet the needs of his whole audience, providing information and taking them on training runs. Just too many people in the stream for them to be able to provide the kind of attention the individal/few is needed, I have seen many many questions go unanswered in many of streams. At max a Sherpa should only have 5 students learning from them at any given moment, 5 is the golden number for teaching and leadership.

7 minutes ago, edga48 said:

before adding anything i only ask that Blackb1rd talks over with all the devs on how could this be abused . ideas posted sound awsome but many poeple forgot anything that we tuch we corrupt and twist . things need to be made having that thought in mind. clans , streamers and youtubers can abuse many of the features . so think over you're decisions a few times and from few perspectives

Where a think tank churning out ideas for them, let it be up to the devs to balance and choose what ideas meet their needs. Let the ideas flow freely with out worry, at the end of the day the devs have the final say.

Edited by DeadEnd

BrandonS101
2 minutes ago, DeadEnd said:

Did you read Blackb1rd or original post about the Sherpa program? A streamer or youtuber can't meet the needs of being a trainer, a trainer is there with the trainee in the raid, teaching them how to move, how to look at the environment, to listen. Teaching them the skills to survive Tarkov. A streamer can  yes answer questions, can yes go into a raid with some viewers but a streamer can't meet the needs of his whole audience, providing information and taking them on training runs. Just too many people in the stream for them to be able to provide the kind of attention the individal/few is needed, I have seen many many questions go unanswered in many of streams. At max a Sherpa should only have 5 students learning from them, 5 is the golden number for teaching and leadership.

You could take in 1-2 students wall streaming put them first but if you have a couple seconds read chat but focus on the students. This way you are training 1-2 people but other people have ways of learning to as you learn best from watching better people play. This has been proven in many other games such as csgo, rainbow 6, league of legends etc.

edga48
16 минут назад, BrandonS101 сказал:

You could take in 1-2 students wall streaming put them first but if you have a couple seconds read chat but focus on the students. This way you are training 1-2 people but other people have ways of learning to as you learn best from watching better people play. This has been proven in many other games such as csgo, rainbow 6, league of legends etc.

Idea works well but dont forget people like psysindicate . we would need people with high morals and strong personality.and as you mentioned thoes 2 trained people could teach 2 more and so and so . if you  choose right people idea might be golden. Maybe they should invest in small channels by lifting nda and giving them a chance to make guides and tutorials as sherpas

Edited by edga48

Fox_STI_127

I don't know what it is and where it comes from, but a "skin" as a reward for being a trainer for others? 

That's not really a reward if you ask me, especially in the Environment we are in Escape from Tarkov.
Since we're talking about realism, and even hardcore realism, I feel like the feature for a successful Sherpa needs to be a benefit he can actually benefit from with, at the same time, not putting others into a disadvantage.
A special Weapon, like something that no one else can obtain (besides killing a Sherpa) feels a bit out of touch if you ask me.
It shouldn't be something "stronger, better, more unique". If someone kills a Sherpa and gets his Unique Weapon, it doesn't value the Sherpa and the one getting the Weapon has too much of a benefit for my feeling.

That's why I still think, my idea with the Sherpa being able to choose from a gun he currently owns and won't loose for one month (or a week, or 2 weeks or whatever timeframe) and then choose a new gun, is something that's actually benefiting, but at the same time not putting other people to a huge disadvantage. The idea behind not loosing the chosen gun for one Month is, since the Sherpa is a Trainer that constantly also improves his way of playing he might want to change attachments or so on his gun (or switch to another gun). This way he would be able to make adjustments to his preferred weapon and use it as an example for his Trainees.

My idea was, that if a Sherpa gets killed, you won't be able to get his gun because if his gun would be lootable with the Sherpa having the benefit of not loosing his chosen gun, that this might ruin the market/deflate value?!
So instead of getting the gun, the person finding the dead Sherpa will find the Sherpa's Dogtag which is extra worth something.

Like the Trader Fence, where you can swap cigarettes for an attachment for example, you could collect those Sherpa Dogtags and either sell it to get money or to use them to pay for an expensive / rare part.

Yes, I am aware of the fact, that being not able to loot the Sherpa's gun is against the "norm" in EFT, I just think with the Sherpa being able to get an exact copy of his lost gun, that it might have an negative Impact on the Market. 
I guess this would need testing to see how much of an impact it has.

F4tm4n

Maybe instead of unique to Sherpa weapon how about unique to Sherpa weapon mods like those duck tape mags I've seen in forum or a flashlight tapped to a hand guard stuff that u would naturally do to give yourself a chance. maybe u could add a Sherpa only currency in which they spend to by these weapon MOD "perks" all mods like this would be loot able and useable but not able to be manufactured 

frag1e

Ductape mags are great :uhappy: Nice idea. And 2 seoerate currency with store a nice too.

P01NT_MAN
1 hour ago, BrandonS101 said:

I use to hold events with an old clan that I use to play BF3 with, and would teach them tactics that I learned being in the Marine Corps Infantry. I've streamed before, but with a Sherpa Discord, Sherpas could hold sessions and post session dates on the Forms and go in to Raids as groups. Or if BSG gives Sherpas the ability to host Private matches,  or give them the ability to invite people to an "Offline mode", Sherpas could use the discord and the private game mode to teach any new comer who wants to learn. Then once the session is complete, anyone who has gone through a Sherpa course can log it on the forums. 

For example

Player 1 completed Training on:

January 17, 2017 

Under the supervision of sherpa:

Sherpa 1

The streaming thing is not a bad idea. But it might be difficult to track the numbers.

Plus I believe a Sherpa should certainly demonstrate the tactics. However he should also watch the practical application of those tactics as well. It would be more effective to be able to provide instruction to those who are looking for it in real time.  

Edited by P01NT_MAN

st1x80

I think a lot of these choices boil down to when does the Sherpa have access to these items and what are they shooting? If there is a way for a Sherpa to train in areas that are not going to give them a massive advantage in the open world PvP areas then I see nothing wrong with a special weapon.

In order for someone to be training as a Sherpa, they clearly know how to play the game and should be quite skilled and for those reasons you should not need a bigger advantage. People who like to teach and train typically due it because they enjoy it. I believe that custom skins, the ability to level skills faster for the guns, and things along those lines are more important and keep the proper balance while allowing them to train. 

MadStalker

As a player, I will not stream. First because I can't afford enought quality to my stream, second cause I hate stream hack, and if I add a delay, better make videos. As a sherpa, I will not too.

As a player or a sherpa, I will make some videos for sure. It helps learning. And I don't know how many sherpas are going to be nominate, but definitly some communities will have more work than another. So ask people who want a training to lear some videos first, it's some precious time less waste.

eggbert

I don't like the idea of a special weapon, that would make you pick the gun only for the looks or the ''status''. Not necessarily its effectiveness. I'd like it to be just a general thing, something that you can use no matter what kind of equipment you would prefer. Like clothes. Or things like name-tags on your ordinary weapons would also be nice a cool idea. :uninja:

Edited by eggbert

b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2