Blackb1rd

Sherpas Weapons

MadStalker
43 minutes ago, eggbert said:

I don't like the idea of a special weapon, that would make you pick the gun only for the looks or the ''status''. Not necessarily its effectiveness. I'd like it to be just a general thing, something that you can use no matter what kind of equipment you would prefer. Like clothes. Or things like name-tags on your ordinary weapons would also be nice a cool idea. :uninja:

I agree, no special weapons.

Maybe a tool ? something useful, not lootable, that would be a mix of skill and weapons. Like something unbreakable, who can open doors, or let a symbol on it. Like an advanced multitool.

Edited by MadStalker

Detector

Introducing 'unique' weapons or tools that are unobtainable for mere mortals is a slippery slope to step onto. Maybe limit it to a fancy embroidered patch with a Buddha on it, or something in that direction. In that way, Sherpa's are recognizable, without giving them an advantage over others.

• Upvote 1

MadStalker
50 minutes ago, snikkel said:

Introducing 'unique' weapons or tools that are unobtainable for mere mortals is a slippery slope to step onto. Maybe limit it to a fancy embroidered patch with a Buddha on it, or something in that direction. In that way, Sherpa's are recognizable, without giving them an advantage over others.

I was not talking of something over-powered with special features, just something that combine multiple tools, mostly unbreakable, maybe could be lootable but extremely rare. 
Skins are already ask by most of the players, and I agree with this. 

ProRho

I feel like the idea of a discounted weapon for the the Sherpa would be a good idea, So for example a BEAR Sherpa would be able to get the AK47 at a cheap price and a USEC Sherpa would get the M4 at a cheap price, I feel the price must be cheap enough for them to be able to purchase it after one loot run. The weapon would be the same as all the other AK47's and M4's everyone else can get just to make it a little more fair on the lone wolf style player.

I also feel a special skin/outfit should be added for the Sherpa, again this would be different for the BEAR and USEC Sherpa's. I feel it should be in a similar system as to how the hero/bandit system works on dayz, so if you train rookies you get your skin/outfit and weapon discount and if you stop you loose the skin/outfit and weapon discount.

I feel the Sherpa should only need to train 10 rookies to gain the benefits but must continue to train x amount of rookies each week/month to keep the benefits.

• Upvote 1

Voodoodna

As we all know the AK 7.62 and AR15 platforms are the most customized weapons today on the market!

we all love them, so here is my thought, as we all know an AK outperforms an AR15 in power, durability and sexiness, and 7.62.

but still this can be changed so usec get m4 and bear ak, or they can choose which one they want!

this game basically works almost as real as it gets in game mechanics, aka long barrel vs short barrel, foldable stock ( ak style fold to the guns body) and a fixed stock like the AR with its six step fold.

AK's also have the standard AR tube mod so they can put any stock like the AR.

so ak kinda takes the comforts win in the stock.

now lets talk about the front rails, like an AR which has insanely huge market for rails that there are literally endless type of rails, aks also have that option to mount various rails, not as much as the ar but there are few options.

the rails of ak's and ar's are different! side of those rails on an ak are much bigger cause of the barrel and gas system, an ar rails can be allot slicker and less weight which lets them equip allot of mods, on the rails, flashlight, foregrip, peq box and more fun toys, it will be lighter than if you put all that on an ak!

ak has power while m4 has speed!

Magpul AK Display.jpg32dab412e6634545e44fe7d434d6d1d5.jpg

here are 2 examples of the ak that basically looks like an m4 tricked with an aftermarket stock with 6 step fold and rails and a one side maglip that helps the mags go faster in the gun.

still the ak has its minus which is not super big, malfunction of the weapon, ak's are more durable than ar's they got allot less of problems, OFC I KNOW!!!! its unfair that it will have allot less malfunctions if this game wasn't realistic! its realistic, so malfunctions still happen cause 1. we are gonna have that adcanced system that give us bad ammo! there will be bad ammo in the game and bad ammo will malfunction anything!

the minus the ak has, is at malfunctions, its slower than an ar! to clear the chamber you need to unshoulder your ak to be more effecinet with the chamber clear, you need to unload the gun, twist the rifle, cock it few time, twist it back in postion, load the mag, twist the weapon or do a sneaky sexy undergun sliding movement and load that bastard.

while an ar, you do not need to unshoulder the gun to clear it, 1 hand operation on 1 side only while ak is 1 hand operation on 2 sides!

still, there are mods for that kind of issue for the ak, there are charging handles for an ak for the lest side, but thats what we kinda say that NO dont do that to an ak, its not gonna be an ak anymore! so here we go figured this issue!

imo give the ak to sherpas, or so others that want the m4 will have an option for an m4 that has custom upper and lower lets say like magpul reciver or the new sick  spikes tactical jack lower with Vltor upper or anything tacticool out there which we all can create a poll later in the process!

STLB520-COLOR_0.jpg

here comes the problem about this all thing, imo i this that this sherpa weapon can not be lost, mags, ammo are all bye bye, other players can not loot it, a system which makes the weapon unlootable and undiscardable about the m4 that has custom upper and lower that only Sherpa can get, its only different in the receiver and maybe some custom paint jobs (advanced custom paint jobs like typhon and hex), the stock m4 can also be modded the same.

what about the ak though? i do think the devs thought about modernized ak's and i do think that modding an ak to this extent is a must to everyone!

there are no custom receivers for ak's so maybe just the paintjob and the fact that it wont ever be lost will make people pick the ak over the sexy m4 (i love both and if i have to choose, i will be banging my head hours by hours by hours until i buy another game, and give the BEAR an ak, and the USEC an M4, i can not choose 1 over the other, I WANT THEM BOTH BABES!!!!!!)

i think this is the best awesome gift to a Sherpa!

in my mind a Sherpa is one that did and see allot of things in his life (gamewise, let your fantasy flow lol), like an ex marine, ex spetsnaz etc, one of the top military fighting bad asses, he is like those ex military instructors lol!

thats basically how our guys look like BEAR and USEC! they look like those guys, with that carbon fiber beard (Costa anyone? :P)

anyways im losing my brain and its kinda empty now, im high as duck thats why im so creative! duck yea good weed!

those are just my thoughts, and the pictures are only examples of what i think are the best looking models imo, there might be a more sexy lower and upper in the devs brains that they can build graphically!

or maybe a custom ak reciver? what do you think devs? can you accept the challane to make something unique and that it doesnt give away practicality? maybe gun companies will buy your design  later and you can sell it? (poo im giving away ideas that can make me money, my brain is SPESHAL with creating ideas, anyone wanna buy an idea? :P)

thats it for me i need to stop here before i float somewhere unrelated! THINK ABOUT IT MOFO YO!

sorry for my english

Edited by Voodoodna

2legs

it should look different but do the same expected damage as its caliber.

maybe be a different, rare varaition that cant be bought if you not sherpa level.

most importantly it MUST BE LOOTABLE and be lost on death. or are we suddenly getting magic weapons here in what is suppsoed to be realistic based game?

then i just grind sherpa to have a top tier powerful ak that i can never lose? even if i go Kos again? ridiculous... then give other classes appropriate base weapons that they can never lose.

Edited by 2legs

Voodoodna
9 minutes ago, 2legs said:

it should look different but do the same expected damage as its caliber.

maybe be a different, rare varaition that cant be bought if you not sherpa level.

most importantly it MUST BE LOOTABLE and be lost on death. or are we suddenly getting magic weapons here in what is suppsoed to be realistic based game?

then i just grind sherpa to have a top tier powerful ak that i can never lose? even if i go Kos again? ridiculous... then give other classes appropriate base weapons that they can never lose.

thats an issue, spend so much time for this beauty that you just lose it seconds after you got it, and no you can not get another one!

an ak, m4 are lootable in the game (they are not super hard to find), they are the standard choices, they are the bread and butter of the common operator! everyone can find it, so make this one unlootable, a sherpa is someone special, also karma is a fact, you need to have 0 karma to get that weapon! the not kos asshat and loot everything fuckface!

seems to be the best gift a true Sherpa deserves!

2legs
1 minute ago, Voodoodna said:

the not kos asshat and loot everything fuckface!

you are a poet dear sir.

agree that killing your own side should immediately disqualify you for sherpa status.

but an unlootable top tier weapon is bullshit in a game like this. it goes against every game mechanic and removes any sense of danger in going in. Maybe be able to buy a replacmenet for a reasonable price as a sherpa only trader option. and sherpas are the elite, best players, so they will have more resrouces than the others, so rebuying should be no problemo.

Voodoodna
1 hour ago, 2legs said:

you are a poet dear sir.

agree that killing your own side should immediately disqualify you for sherpa status.

but an unlootable top tier weapon is bullshit in a game like this. it goes against every game mechanic and removes any sense of danger in going in. Maybe be able to buy a replacmenet for a reasonable price as a sherpa only trader option. and sherpas are the elite, best players, so they will have more resrouces than the others, so rebuying should be no problemo.

or make all the attachments of the gun be lootable so you will be left with just a body that needs new vital parts

Chris9500
Am 17.1.2017 um 12:22 schrieb kwahamoT:

This weapon shouldn't be any more special than the games that normal people have but maybe will look different. Maybe a skin that is only obtainable by a Sherpa possibly has the Sherpa's name engraved on the weapon itself. This gun shouldn't be lootable but should be only allowed to be used, for example, one raid every hour to prevent unfairness. 

Agree with this Skin is OK but Not more. I think it should be lootable but Not the Skin ofcourse 

GoatSlayer25
On 1/17/2017 at 7:55 AM, moNkje said:

I like the general idea of the sherpa, but please don't give him any advantage over "mere" players in terms of a permanent weapon.  The sherpa is a hardened veteran in venturing into Tarkov and manouvering through it. He knows the risks, period.
Furthermore he's experienced, so it shouldn't be to big of a problem for him to get geared up again to some degree. ;)

A cool looking skin or a unique pistol with fair stats compared to "normal" pistols is enough, imho.
You see this in plenty of other games. People spend tons of  money in games like KotK, CS:GO, etc, just to visually distinct themselves from others. Hence a unique pistol with fair stats or a skin is a good enough motivation to become a sherpa.

Regards,
moNkje

PS: Sup' community :)

I think this is a great idea :)

Olloch

I like the idea of sherpas having something unique. I think its fair to assume they will eventually die and lose it. Not much of a reward if its poof gone. How about something strong and unique that you wouldn't have put into the game otherwise. It has to be something that can be reacquired by the sherpa in weekly/monthly ordinance drops. 

A good choice of weapon class might be one of these

CZ 805 BREN
L85
FN SCAR
FN2000
SIG SG 516

Or in keeping with our russian theme

AK107
AN-94
SVD
RPK

I would look for a weapon that you designed already that you don't want to include into the game en masse. Could turn into one of those super rarities.

sKYYY

As @Uthious said, the best option is to have some kind of advantage in market. A trader only for Sherpas and higher level of trader can be obtained by teaching more and more new players. Trader wouldn't sell extraordinary items, but same like others only with discounts which increases with every next level reached. Sherpas could make an auction only between network of other Sherpas. Only Sherpas could sell their own weapons who were made with customization to other normal players in market.

Skins, special weapons or posibilities is not the way it should be, sorry, but those are my thoughts.

Linge

I dont think the sherpa should have a wepon greater then the rest of the wepons. But a skin he can have on all his wepons. But maybe he can get a strong body/helmet/legs/arms armor. (Juggernaut) So that he better can guid and help the newbies ingame. 

W4r_Bug

Can you guys please visit?

Evillive

a unique skin for guns and or armor would be awesome

Wildfire

I'd say it should be a regular pistol like the TT but it should be engraved with a fancy gold or silver look.

Perilous

Sherpas shouldn't have anything "game changing" or inaccessible by other players. Maybe let him pick a higher-end gun from some trader or some sort of selection. Also having the ability to get insurrance for a gun he already has and loves would be nice. I'd rather have some kind of "sherpa patch" on the arm of my shirt if we are talking about something unique.

mcshaver

I am wholeheartedly against giving Sherpas unique weapons and even items.  My first initial thought was that sherpas ought to receive some sort of compensation for their effort, but these are people with a passion for the game and sharing that passion with as many other gamers as possible in order to develop a robust EFT community.  If player wouldn't be a Sherpa out of the desire to help others, they simply shouldn't be a Sherpa.  I think that unique camos and weapon skins for these players would be acceptable or even a completely unique melee weapon I would be fine with (a large vodka bottle or a bat with nails would be hilarious).

WebWolf

As a Sherpa I believe you should receive a melee weapon similar to the tomahawk given to the edge of darkness players. It should be unique in the fact that a Sherpa is an expert at mountaineering. Maybe something like this?

vintage-stubai-salewa-wood-handle-ice-axe-pick-climbing-tool-mountain-w-germany-9d501491f5a27b34f005d15ae0f7a873.jpg

MadStalker
12 hours ago, WebWolf said:

As a Sherpa I believe you should receive a melee weapon similar to the tomahawk given to the edge of darkness players. It should be unique in the fact that a Sherpa is an expert at mountaineering. Maybe something like this?

vintage-stubai-salewa-wood-handle-ice-axe-pick-climbing-tool-mountain-w-germany-9d501491f5a27b34f005d15ae0f7a873.jpg

Only thing I do not really like ... EOD players being sherpa paid for their tomahawk so give them another melee weapon she has to be at least as good as the tomahawk. 

italianmarine
Am 17.1.2017 um 13:03 schrieb ben_der:

I'd say make the weapon not lootable, so no the weapon won't be dropped. But as a reward the player who killed the sherpa should get the dog tag of the sherpa which will be worth more than regular dog tags and can be used to buy stuff at traders. 
Like it is done right now with the Trader Fence.

sorry but the sherpa is there to train people, so why those should kill him?? 

MadStalker
Just now, italianmarine said:

sorry but the sherpa is there to train people, so why those should kill him?? 

Sherpas will not work for training 24/24h so sometimes he will play normally. And even on training, I hope they will have a kind of offline mode for training but let's imagine they do not, some don'T give a duck to sherpa and will kill them

Proliphic
On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 4:26 PM, ProRho said:

I feel like the idea of a discounted weapon for the the Sherpa would be a good idea, So for example a BEAR Sherpa would be able to get the AK47 at a cheap price and a USEC Sherpa would get the M4 at a cheap price, I feel the price must be cheap enough for them to be able to purchase it after one loot run. The weapon would be the same as all the other AK47's and M4's everyone else can get just to make it a little more fair on the lone wolf style player.

I also feel a special skin/outfit should be added for the Sherpa, again this would be different for the BEAR and USEC Sherpa's. I feel it should be in a similar system as to how the hero/bandit system works on dayz, so if you train rookies you get your skin/outfit and weapon discount and if you stop you loose the skin/outfit and weapon discount.

I feel the Sherpa should only need to train 10 rookies to gain the benefits but must continue to train x amount of rookies each week/month to keep the benefits.

This is a great idea.. keeps the sherpas honest and prevents people from becoming a sherpas just to get the weapon or skin.. 

Giving them a weapon that doesn't drop on death and that they don't lose is crazy.... you'll have sherpas running around like asshats because they won't be worried about losing their weapons like the rest of us... and then when u kill one you don't even get the reward of getting their weapons  for your efforts ???

You devs are on a slippery slope with this poo.... just focus on making and polishing the game and don't worry about sherpa perks... we don't even have scavs yet maybe focus on those lol or the broken AI not what your going to give a Sherpa.......

xNozzLe
On 1/17/2017 at 4:27 AM, Kevin073 said:

I dont get it, What is this with the sherpa? What does it mean.
Im reading but can't really follow what it is about. 

A Sherpa is someone who will act as a guide to help new players, take them into raids and teach them the ropes of the game.

On 1/17/2017 at 4:04 AM, Blackb1rd said:

In this topic, we suggest you to share your vision of how the Sherpa reward, the bonus lethal weapon, should be implemented. Tell us what you think. How many rookies should a Sherpa train to gain access to this weapon? Should this weapon surpass the conventional game ordnance? If yes, to what extent? Or should it give a different kind of advantage? 

I think it should just be something cosmetic, A weapon skin and maybe a cosmetic item for your player gear.

b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2