Blackb1rd

Sherpas Weapons

DullestKrayon

@Blackb1rd

I like the suggestion of an unique skin, that sounds sick and it wouldn't throw game balance off. Someone else said something about the player's nickname being engraved into it as well. What about, like the axe we get for pre-ordering there was a weapon reward after training X# of recruits (maybe 10-20) we get a melee weapon, like an ice pick engraved with the player's in game nickname? It could have the same functionality as the already developed axe, and be something like bragging rights without breaking the game. The etches of the name should be deep in the blade of the weapon, and overall it should be designed to look weathered, but sturdy.

Kalafonte

To avoid mass quoting, just a weapon skin.

Skins have been popular in every game that included them in order to show off how tacticool their pixels were. So, while sherpas shouldn't get a more powerful weapon, a skin they always have should be just enough.

• Upvote 1

notredd

i'D think that it would be good if they were able to get an SVU or something like that.

NCrawler800

Good afternoon.

As soon I found out about sherpa it got me all excited, it is an awesome idea and a great way to help new players find theyr path in tarkov.

Now relating to weapons and speaking with my mind on the usec side I think it would be awesome to have implemented weapons like the:

HK Mk.23 SOCOM

FN Five-seveN MK2

Glock 17

Beretta 92 FS

SDM M16 Marksman 20" .223Rem

M110

G&P M14 DMR

CMS 338 Lapua

Benelli M4 Super 90

Benelli M1014

JP Handguard Carbine

McMillan TAC-338A

Springfield TRP

This are a few and awesome weapons and ideas to bring to tarkov, have a good day and good luck out there ;)

kast_
Am 17.2.2017 um 12:19 schrieb imguppy:

I like the whole idea of people who are good at the game (the 'veterans' so to speak) helping the new players (the 'rookies' if you will). And of course there should be some kind of incentive, a reward for the work they put in. But they are already the better players, so I don't think we want to give them any more of an advantage in the game, I honestly don't think they need it. An honorary badge, a skin, scars on their faces, anything cosmetic is fine but no guns or anything like that, please.

It sounds good, i think they should also be able to choose between, body skins, scars, tattoos or weapon skin/ name engraving. and to keep the relism others should be able to loot skined weapons or other lootable stuff.

jf111

Maybe implementing a separate mode, where the sherpa is paired with new members of the community, teaching them the ways of the game and helping them with gear to give, but the gear given to them in this mode should only be available to them to take on raids while in this mode, such as how Scav mode works. This gives them advantage, and the ability to help people who need it while also not giving them all this awesome ass gear for their regular raids. 

For regular raids, you should just be able to apply something cosmetic, or something that is small and functional as a reward for making the community better. Such as maybe a bigger Gamma, or special skin, or melee weapon.

Just a thought

epox

Should be a skin for a weapon of their choosing and I feel that weapon shouldn't be able to be lost. I lost the quote of the guy who thought of it but having them able to switch that weapon every month would be cool (if it's not hard to reskin their weapon, so maybe it's better to just let them choose a weapon and get a special skin.) 

I don't feel it should be anything too advantageous, the weapon can still be grabbed by others ingame (from their corpse and finding it or buying it, just no skin) 

ePsTeTiQuE

Hello Forum.I wanted to share my opinion on Sherpa program! In the first place, must say that this is a very good idea to bring in someone like that to support the community.

Now weapons- In my opinion, Sherpa shouldn't have any special,overpowered weapons.Only and only the same weapons that everyone else can use and are available in the game.You might ask why?! Because,when player becomes a Sherpa, which you can only do by gathering skill and experience gained in the game.So,whats gonna happen,when you gonna give very well experienced player a superb weapon? He is going to slaughter everyone like cocroaches.Would you enjoy that?!Don't think so...

You might say- He needs this powerfull weapon to protect the Recruits.

Well,thats the thing!He needs to train the recruits to do the Job themselves.How are they going to learn to Escape the Tarkov if Sherpa gonna do all the job instead?!He needs to teach them the skills etc. and how to work as a team,and for such a task you wouldn't need such a powerfull weapon.

Instead, he could get elite weapon and outfit customization camos and elite weapon attachments,like grips,scopes ,just to reduce weapon recoil,weapon mobility or aiming down sights, only things like that.

And he would definetly be able to lose his weapon like everyone else! Why?!

1)Because then he wouldnt have that much value and respect for the weapon.If he wouldnt be able to lose it, whats stopping him to confront enemy's head-on?!He's not losing anything if he dies.

2)Like mentioned before -The recruits,they need to learn.Cause in Tarkov, sometimes you bring your dead squad mates favourite weapon out the area.And would learn to protect each other including Sherpa,thats the main task isn't it-part of the game isn't it?!The recruits could get the out for Sherpa,and feel elite for a few minutes by using the Sherpas weapon till Extraction.Would be really fun.

3) If you would play on other side - Sherpa would be your enemy for example.Would you have any interest going against him?!By knowing that he's very skilled and you can't loot him if you someway,somehow manage to kill him?!Nope,because that would be pointless.But if you could loot him,wouldn't that be awesome?Probably wouldn't use the Sherpa weapon afterwards anyway,because you just would be afraid to loose it.

4) Everyone should be treated the same in Tarkov,maybe few good extras,that's enough.And the game is made very Realistic in the Root,so even something like that would just be out of Topic.

So the all recruits gather together.Sherpa should give them out some kind -off peace of cloth,or hat,or shirt in specific colour just to mark them so everyone woud be able to see who's friendly and who's not.Just so the recruits could se the difference and wouldn't slaughter each other by an accident.

Ok,and when exactly you would be able to tell that the trained recruit is ready for an escape.Cause many could just abuse the system to get the process done faster and get the benefits out of it.Or maybe 1 or 2 recruits missed the whole thing and didn't really learn anything.I mean, not everyone can pass a driving test with a first attempt for example.

Should there be somekind of a test at the end maybe,judged by a different person?! 

Get the recruits to split in three teams 3vs3. And see if Sherpa did a good job and are the Recruits ready for an Escape!!

So,should be 9 recruits Max. and the Sherpa would be the 10th one.

That's my opinion anyways!And thank's to everyone for being a part in this great community cause I love it!

leparmessiah

I think maybe Sherpas should have a gun they do not lose upon death, this way it would be easy to help train new players especially if it takes quite a few trys.

DullestKrayon

Well we could do something like the Combat Axe some of us have instead of the knife like other players. When I first saw the sherpa post I thought mountains and cliffs, so something like a deadly ice pick with the same functionality as the Tomahawk and engraved with the Sherpa's username somewhere like on the blade or clothed hilt would be pretty cool.

WelshZeCorgi

How is this going to work? If it's a special weapon both superior to normal fair and can't be lost through looting, that's a bit antithetical to the rest of the game, but if you do make it lootable, wouldn't at some point in the game's later lifespan, many will have this gun, thus creating "power-creep" and no longer making it unique?

Edited by WelshZeCorgi

StandardGamer

I think something like a Ultra rare weapon or skin would be a good idea. Something unique to the Sherpas

ragegamr

I was thinking, rather than getting new weapons for use in USEC gamemodes, Sherpas gradually unlock gear to run through with the sherpa. ie sherpas start with a pistol, and gradually unlock new gear such as better pistols, armour, eventually primary weapons. This will show the person being "sherpa'd" how much experience this person has, simply by his loadout. Every so often, skins could get unlocked like previously mentioned too, for use in USEC and SCAV gamemodes. The sherpa can't transfer the gear to the USEC players inventory, and the sherpa gets locked, similar to the SCAV, where he can only be played every hour, but make the sherpas wait time longer.

I was also thinking making the sherpa server seperate to the USEC/SCAV server with a seperate experience bar, so its sherpa and newbie, vs sherpa and newbies.

Edited by ragegamr

Roanoke

I guess I'll add my $.02

I believe a Sherpa shouldn't lose the unique item given... however it would be unfair to give them something completely "unique", as in a weapon that  is unobtainable by other players. 

The Sherpa should have access to weapon camo that benefits his playstyle which would help him blend in with the environment. However, this camo shouldn't be limited to one weapon- a good player knows there are specific weapons that are better for certain environments. No matter what is given, the Sherpa shouldn't lose it upon death IMO.

Agen7orange
On 1/17/2017 at 3:04 AM, Blackb1rd said:

In this topic, we suggest you to share your vision of how the Sherpa reward, the bonus lethal weapon, should be implemented. Tell us what you think. How many rookies should a Sherpa train to gain access to this weapon? Should this weapon surpass the conventional game ordnance? If yes, to what extent? Or should it give a different kind of advantage? 

There should definitely be "tiered" sherpa rewards, perhaps even special insignia or patch on your sleeve or plate carrier to signify your sherpa experience. I feel like if a mentee entered a game with a sherpa and he saw the "elite sherpa" patch with his reward weapon, it would add a sense of awe and admiration, and hopefully incline the new player to become a sherpa in the future, and pay the good work forward. 

Anyways, I believe the bonus lethal weapon should be something desired by players, not another AK, something more 'exotic' but practical. I envision Sherpa's using a bullpup style rifle, it still keeps the effectiveness of a rifle, but more compact, allowing the sherpa to not be "too bulky" or encumbered by gear. (like if he has to go out of his way to quickly grab a mentee before he unknowingly steps out into an ambush. To sum it up, I think the Sherpa should have a modern AUG, or similar bullpup rifle in order to be more versatile in his loadout, because who knows, if things go awry, maybe the sherpa will have to end up carrying or dragging his mentee out of the battlefield, or keep his silhouette minimal. 

I think upon entry into the Sherpa Program, there should be an initial sherpa reward. Maybe an FN F2000? or maybe a FAMAS? From there, they can train 5 soldiers and receive the British L85, then finally, when the sherpa reaches 15 trained men, they can receive the AUG A3 or most modern adaptation of the AUG. 

I would also like to add that the reward tiers should be somewhat low initially. (first reward upon joining sherpa program, second upon 5 trained, Tier 3 upon 15 trained) I feel that if the numbers had huge gaps  (25, 50, 100) that Sherpa's would be more interested in carelessly grinding out trainees than giving them actual *quality* advice and training. That way a Sherpa wont be running through recruits like they're spam on a conveyor belt. The Sherpas should be rewarded for spending quality time with each and every trainee.

As for Sherpa Identification, perhaps an emblem or marking on their dogtag, a special tactical shirt they could wear, or patch they can put on the sleeves of their uniform or tactical rig would be cool too. In a way, your uniform will (conservatively, i.e. no medals or ribbons) reflect your "career" as a successful sherpa.

Sinstorm

I think he/she should get a gun that looks unique and that could not be mistaken by any player for example the FN-2000.

FN_F2000S.JPG

Agen7orange
On 6/10/2017 at 2:05 PM, Roanoke said:

I guess I'll add my $.02

I believe a Sherpa shouldn't lose the unique item given... however it would be unfair to give them something completely "unique", as in a weapon that  is unobtainable by other players. 

The Sherpa should have access to weapon camo that benefits his playstyle which would help him blend in with the environment. However, this camo shouldn't be limited to one weapon- a good player knows there are specific weapons that are better for certain environments. No matter what is given, the Sherpa shouldn't lose it upon death IMO.

I dont think a unique weapon is too much to ask for.. they stick their necks out for newer players and help raise a community, that should be rewarded. I dont think the gun should be *exclusively* sherpa, like you can buy it from an advanced trader, but definitely they should get something notable. 

Roanoke
1 hour ago, Agen7orange said:

I dont think a unique weapon is too much to ask for.. they stick their necks out for newer players and help raise a community, that should be rewarded. I dont think the gun should be *exclusively* sherpa, like you can buy it from an advanced trader, but definitely they should get something notable. 

Maybe you're right. Something to compromise would be a signature piece, such as a pistol. Something real tactical, yeh? How about an HK Mark 23? 

300px-Mark23SuppressedLeft.jpg.751f27f5123e75eaa933be02dad1a1e2.jpg

Edited by Roanoke

TheNitroExpress

Im super late to this and have a suggestion that wont make it in, but alas..

See, i think of Khan from metro when i think of the sherpa. Doesnt care where you are going, only that you have the tools and knowledge to get there..

-whispers- Give them a crossbow.. like Khans Helsing that he protects artyom with.. -Runs away-

A weapon they cant lose, that isnt hugely overpowered, but requires finesse and suits a quiet, more peaceful style of play (Not a mag dump suppressed AR weapon)

Edited by TheNitroExpress

NateLB

A unique skin should be the only thing, or maybe a unique attachment that allows more customization, nothing that would be un-balanced.

_-LOGIC-_
On 1/17/2017 at 5:15 AM, hexxcode said:

A special weapon or weapon skin to show his experience would be the perfect way.

This should not remove by death - but also not overpowered or too different from those which you can obtain by normal playing.

Honestly I think the same thing, which is why the revolver I have seen in concept art and such, the taurus revolver I believe, should be given to them. Not able to be taken, and only 6 or 8 rounds, even at high damage wont put them at a huge advantage.

Sushi

Maybe just a special skin for a gun like the AK-74N or a discount on it, maybe a discount on primitive NVGs. I think NVGs especially are very powerful in Tarkov right now, and having access to them is a big deal.

You know, one interesting idea is to give the Sherpa some special ability so the weapons he or she drops are broken / unusable, basically a mechanic that makes hit-and-run tactics on them from new players pointless. The Sherpa still loses their equipment, but it's worthless to loot.

Sir_Hubley_II

- Maybe a unique looking weapon based on faction. 

- Have the ability to engrave it.

- Keep it through death similar to the hand axe and case contents.

- Comes with decent mods.

- Shouldn't be overpowered or any different from any other weapon like it.(only cosmetically)

- Some kind of unique pistol or knife might also be neat.

Kenway_Hondo

I think a special outfit for the Sherpa. That way if he dies it wont interfere with looting or non-sherpas gaining this special loot item and it still shows others he is a Sherpa. This Sherpa outfit could also be able to be toggled on and off. If you go that route, I'd say make it so that the Sherpa toggles on when with a rookie, and this outfit can keep track of training raids or something like that. This tracking system could be used to ensure a Sherpa is doing his duties versus just attaining the title and and stopping after that. 

I did like the idea of choosing a sherpa weapon he will get back, however I feel this can be abused. Also a Sherpa is supposed to be know best and be very experienced so that sherpa shouldn't die as much, should be on the same playing field as a rookie is, and probably won't care about losing a weapon.

Wagonfixin

I personally think it should be a player skin or weapon skin, I don't have this game yet (Getting it next week) but i personally think things like weapons unobtainable to players or the stash thing is kinda unfair. Like you should have to work and loot for weapons and a bigger stash and all that not just be able to cheat your way out of it because you did something not  a lot of people are willing to do or pay for.....

It would be cool for it to be some sort of explorer outfit like with a padded jacket and some sort of special backpack skin for the Tri-Zip or something that makes it like some sort of cross country backpack or whatever

Edited by Wagonfixin
Extra Thoughts

b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2