Blackb1rd

Sherpas Weapons

Pedronus

A unique weapon is a good idea - one with a personal skin & can be engraved (maybe when they hit 10+ helped people, the weapon becomes engraved with how many individuals they've helped. So it would continuously rise from 10 onwards). I agree with @Agen7orange that they'll be sticking their necks out for new playres, which would be quite stressful at times. So a unique weapon that's not too overpowered and with a cosmetic isn't too much. The weapon could be obtained from higher level traders but the unique skin can't, and perhaps a unique player model skin.

Edited by Pedronus
  • Upvote 3

JamesMortimer

I think not a weapon skin but a character skin would be nice. A beard, scars etc. Maybe another uniform like a full cammo jacket.

And for the reward... a gamma container or one extremly special gun he gets and can rebuy from prapor but never sell to other players... Like a .50, semi auto barret or a PTRS anti tank rifel (capabel of penetraiting most cover and still oneshot under most circumstances) But he should have a choice between this long range weapon and something for close/ midrange. But i actually have no idea for those guns except for an AA-12 maybe. Would be cool to see my sherpa just jump arround a corner and filling an entire area with buckshot before the enemy can even turn his head.

• Upvote 1

SigMaGiiK

Only have access to a special trader that have great stock of good gear and maybe 1 or 2 unique weapons or armors? 

In my opinion i don't ant skins in this game...

Maybe as a skin a special patch (instead the standard one)! I mean this isn't a CoD... 

Spartanbrigade
On 17.01.2017 at 2:38 PM, TomWolverson said:

I reckon the amount of players trained should be about 10 so its not to high but not too low depending on how long training each player takes.

I think the weapon should be different depending on if the player is USEC or BEAR and should be able to be customised into pretty much any role from marksman to CQB breacher. It shouldn't be removed on death but it will lose all customisation, other players can pick it up and use it during the raid but do not keep it after wards. Both weapons I suggest are in 7.62 and are both capable of full auto so they are slightly more powerful than a M4 or AK74 but aren't on the level of a .50 cal in terms of power

USEC Sherpa weapon, SCAR H as it can be modified to a PDW or a DMR and is generally a good all round weapon with it looking like it will become the main US Army weapon of choice after the M4.

BEAR Sherpa  G3A3, again the G3 is great heavy rifle like the scar and can be customised heavily with things like a retracting stock and shorten barrel and forend to being turned into a PSG substitute  

SCAV Sherpa (if one will exist) M14, a soild weapon with full auto feature from the Vietnam era.

bear ıs a russıan pmc unit so ıts absurd that they would use a german rıfle , where as there are awesome russian weapons they would use lıke groza ıf use want somethıng exotıc

wohehiv

Don't think to give a  strong player a high tier weapon is a smart idea, it will only disturb other players who fight against him.  I think it should be an IG weapon, simply painted to look more tacticool (Desert tan M4, spray painted VAL etc...)

These guns should be at a discount and the weapons only obtainable via bartering should be sold for a reasonable price via traders.

This way no one is mad about X player getting free gear, or exclusive gear, and these weapons will be collectibles for the rest of the players

As for gear, I think they should receive a modular vest, to which you can add pouches and rearrange them. Again, it should not be better than an AVS in term of storage space.  

JamesMortimer

One of the simplest things that comes to my mind for a full on veteran in such a enviorment as tarkov would be his language capabiltys.

A Sherpa would have spent lot´s of time in tarkov and have met lot´s of peopel so maybe they could get taunts in russian/english with heavy accents according to their faction of origin.

I mean hearing a loud "duck you." with russian accent would notify me that i picked the wrong fight. Period

JoshuaFord

Not a sherpa myself, but I've been around for a while, and I personally think that maybe sherpas should gain access to a new trader that sells heavily discounted weapons and gear, but not exclusive gear. for example pacas, blackrocks, etc. could be 5k roubles, with ak74n's being around 10-15k roubles. You would only get stuff like pistols at the start, but the way to level up the trader would to do your duty as a sherpa, which the level requirement being based on your rating as a sherpa,  which would be tracked with a "rate my experience" form that could pop up for the new player in the messages tab. CHaracter level would also be taken into consideration, but to higher levels (e.g. level 50 for crown level) in order to prevent people with low experience form exploiting the system.  

tldr: Make a new trader for sherpas only who heavily discounts regular weapons/gear. The trader level is impacted by the ratings the sherpa gets from the people they help along with character level. 

Edited by JoshuaFord
  • Upvote 1

Twick

It should just be cosmetic and if it has to be a special weapon or something it should be even with anything out there. Also none of this "you can't loot it" nonsense. 

• Upvote 1

WaterMerchant

Some unlootable weapon for a select few amount of players doesn't seem like a fair or good idea.  The whole point of the game is a high risk death match. You're ruining that whole concept giving out free op guns and ammo. 

• Upvote 2

reaver41

Engraved SR1-MP that comes back after each reset, wipe etc

its description should include the name of the original owner and should be unsellable (to traders that is) 

edit: should be lootable ofc 

Edited by reaver41

TalRasha

Unlootable weapon for a player that is pretty good, is not a good idea (even if its use is going to be put on timer). Same as bigger stashes and pouches implemented in EOD and other versions. You cannot give advantage to other players in terms of crucial mechanics if you want to "fair play".

I think it should be just some kind of cosmetic or something special that other playrs will be able to see. But nothing that gives him advantage over others.

For sherpa I would suggest: Unlootable and special looking dog tag. That wont be so OP. And Special appearance skin on his character. ( I would suggest same for EOD people - special character skins, gear skins, camo gun skins, dogtags, etc. - they are cool but wont give you advantage like it is now ) :uhappy:

• Upvote 1

530skeptic

I agree with TalRasha. Cosmetic bragging rights vs OP weapons. Special dog tags for sure. If their special equipment can be looted, let it sell for a lot of money, but cannot be equipped or used by anyone other than the player it belonged to.

GibsonRSA
On 1/17/2017 at 1:04 PM, Blackb1rd said:

In this topic, we suggest you to share your vision of how the Sherpa reward, the bonus lethal weapon, should be implemented. Tell us what you think. How many rookies should a Sherpa train to gain access to this weapon? Should this weapon surpass the conventional game ordnance? If yes, to what extent? Or should it give a different kind of advantage? 

In this I will refer to another post I made also as this is related...

My thought on this...

How many rookies should a Sherpa train to gain access to this weapon?

It depends what "training" would mean, if there will be a system to ensure this is indeed happening in a legit manner, I think the answer should be simple and perhaps the question should be scrapped or asked differently to get the desired response.

Should this weapon surpass the conventional game ordnance?

Short answer, yes. Long answer, maybe :-)... I think it will depend on how exclusive this weapon will be and answering that question would depend on how acceptance/invitation for being a Sherpa would be handled and how exclusive becoming a Sherpa would be.

The other two questions can be answered if you clear up the above, or maybe they will not need answering then.

My earlier thoughts on the Sherpa program:

"My thoughts on this... Sherpas should be invited, not a title applied for. This will ensure you have real ones and fewer fake ones. Escape from Tarkov is a hardcore FPSMMO, a one of a kind title with the unique ability to immerse players into adrenaline filled timeboxes of tactical gameplay and opportunities to outsmart rivals. It's a competitive game in an unforgiving environment where you're abilities are tested under pressure, something that few games have been able to do. In my experience this is a niece target demographic of gamers who want to play games on insane difficulty almost all the time. This is what this game is capable of and I've experienced it in this way a few times already, during solo and with a select few team mates. I've had raids where this was not experienced at all, and this happened mostly cause I was in the wrong group; the individual in the group wasn't a good fit. This game tests your abilities to lead, communicate, strategize, focus, be patient and stay calm under pressure. Again, it's qualities like these that makes this game stand out and draw a worthwhile playerbase to it.

Ultimately, it's up to the devs whether they want to create a game with a huge playersbase of mixed demographics or a game with a smaller playerbase of more niece players. It's pretty clear how each can be achieved and I've seen the potential for both in this game, but the core features that draw the more niece players do exist and I believe the intentions are there to create a 'no nonsense strategic FPSMMO' with a playerbase that understands what the game is aiming to achieve with the design of it's game mechanics, especially in these early stages.

All this begs me to suggest that the Sherpa program would be exclusive enough to not water down the original gameplay design and the way the game is intended to be played."

Edited by GibsonRSA

Znajka29

So in first place there are streamer kits , now this? 

Make some medieval looking crossbow that goes 1500~ rpm shoots rockets and double the damage and 100m AOE!!!

Then paint it gold and add neon colors on it , unicorn , hello kitty and other such bs.

If you can't obtain ANY WEAPON by normal raid/playing the game it shouldn't be in the game by any means , skins tho are okay..., but still you should be able to use that gun if you got it by looting the sherpa, it shouldn't be any more expensive than same rifle without skin and shouldn't be sold on the marketplace(auction) . 

Some people were whining when there was that pistol glitch/bug , now they are damn suggesting a weapon that can't be lost...

All this thing with items that give advantage by any mean is game breaking .

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

gNecrOz

'I did not Read Every Post here, I am sorry if this is a Repeat of what someone has previously said'

Okay so... I am not a huge fan of 'Specialized Weapons/Gear' for Sherpa's as I did just mention in my Post to the Gears Topic. However, I have done some thinking and some Google Searching, because we talked about this today, my friend and I, and I feel like if I would have to suggest ANYTHING as a weapon to be given it would be this.

So how about a M.C.S. Rifle (Or, a Multi-Caliber System rifle) one that only a Sherpa Can have, and it would let them with the correct Attachments could Decide which Caliber of round they would like to bring with them on a Training mission or whatever, and this would allow them to try and match the Caliber that is the most Prominent in the Squad at the Moment. 

These Attachments would just have to be the Barrel, Bolt, and Mags, the Upper and Lowers can stay the same they just change out the internals of them. This way if someone forgot to bring extra ammo or they run out, the Sherpa has your back. The Sherpa could become a modular field agent with a AR that could tailored for any mission and Squad based around the Location, Task, and Common Squad Caliber. This would make it so the Sherpa would not need to keep Several different weapons either, one modular weapon to suit the task. 

Adding in the idea of other mods that can be attached an you have a pretty versatile yet unique weapon that coupled with special uniforms or markings of some kind, give a Sherpa a nice look and feel without the whole 'PTW' or 'OP' feeling.

An Example of a M.C.S. AR

Let me know what everyone thinks,

Necro

d0gday

How about a tier system?

Maybe 10 players helped they get a 'Chaperone' title in the forums. Nothing in game.

At 25 players helped they could get a gold coloured dogtag. This doesn't help them in any way in game, but will let people lucky enough to loot them that they know a thing or two about Tarkov. Essentially bragging rights. Forum title upgraded to 'Guide'.

At 50 players helped they could get an item from the traders that lets them spray paint their weapons. Black, brown, green, red, blue, yellow. Whatever they feel like. Each can and colour would be bought separately, would be used once, and cost maybe 15k rubles. Forum title upgraded to 'Sherpa'.

Nothing that actually changes their character or gives them an obvious advantage in-game, but something that lets others know that they took time out of their day to help the hatchlings.

Malevolent1

I think the idea of a skin or some form of customization would be best. Nothing that actually deteriorates gameplay mechanics and values. An unlootable weapon just means that's a weapon everyone is going to attempt to get, and not all players will get. Essentially, that will cause nothing but chaos. Skins however, are cosmetic. Some players will want them and others will not.

Adding weapons that only sherpas can use is just another mechanic that will indeed break the sanctity of what EFT really is about. Weapons are somewhat difficult to come by already which is nice, but I don't think adding an unlootable weapon that will cause nothing but grief if its capable of being carried everywhere by one player only, would be a good rendition at all.

In all honesty, I'd definitely be up for skins and cosmetics, because they aren't really game breaking things. Some different digitals or camo's would be nice. Who cares if I stand out from everyone else? I earned the skin (technically speaking as if I was a sherpa), and I want to show it off. That might give me away in the world, but why not? It would be a fun cosmetic change that I enjoy. 

I understand the questions and the ideas, but adding weapons that cannot be retrieved by anyone other than that player is just adding insult to injury to everybody else who didn't get their Sherpa tag title whatever it may be, and to the players of the game. There's already different tier editions, so technically speaking I have more than those starting out. I think that's already bad enough, even though they can loot my weapons.

Edit: Broken sentence

Edited by Malevolent1

frag1e

Maybe a separate sherper trader ingame. Same items with other trader lvl cap and a little bit cheaper. It wont break game mechanics. 

Maybe here can be weapons for sherpers only. Only sherpers can buy this weapon because of shop access restriction but every one can loot them. 

eios29

Sherpas at the most should get a custom skin they can apply to any gun they want.  No perma weapons, no special weapons, no usable items that a normal player can't access.  Otherwise you're going to have an influx of "mentors" that don't care about helping players they just want that perma dicked out ak the majority of this thread seems to be okay with....jeWUT.  No thanks guys, I will not support any single person having an advantage over another player because of "inaccessible" content to everyone.

myshl0ng

Just a weapon skin or PMC skin that you do not lose upon death. Enemy can still loot your weapon but to him it looks like a regular gun after looting.

Xeemix

I think the Sherpa weapon should be the Toz-123 (4 gauge pump), NRS-2 (single shot 7.62×42 mm SP-4 knife), or a OTs-38 stetchkin Silent Revolver. But really that knife. B|

Edited by Xeemix

V0rt3X

I think a SCAR with a slighlty reduced recoil is a good idea since it would reduce the high 7.62x51 recoil while still being a rly lethal but not OP weapon.

blueshark42

I think it shouldn't be something that people would think is OP. If people find it they could be like "Oh Wow it's a Sherpa gun!" and it could have stuff like the dog tags e.g. Name of Sherpa. It could have a skin on the gun or some kind of special thing that you could difference from a player and a Sherpa.

CodeA911

How about Weapon skins that can't not remove if he is dead
Face- Arm- Shirt Tattoo would be super cool
They are still look so friendly and pure....For honest....
Give them some hairs

Thereaver84

Don't think it would be fair  in any way that if u kill a "Sherpa - an experienced player"  you can not get his gun/loot... Realism? I just killed a pro here... against all odds... and no reward to show off? What? But if he kills me its fine? Because he trained rookies? I think its a bit off. IMHO, Its a great idea but has to be implemented carefully. I don't think a Sherpa should get any sort of in raid advantage. A solid idea would be to grant some special kind of knife/dogtag/outfit. Moreover, maybe grant Sherpa a special quest at one of the traders that opens up that special weapon, but it can be looted and naturally would enter the flea market and auction with progress through players. 

I would really hate to be in a situation where a player shoots at me - I kill him on the last breath and can't get his stuff because he is this "Sherpa", no realism. Reminds me of this thing... how was it... oh yeah! "GUN GLITCHING".  

• Upvote 1

b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2