Blackb1rd

Sherpas Weapons

Nuxx
On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 4:35 AM, ben_der said:

I'd say the sherpa can choose one of his guns to be not lost if he should die. Once a month he can choose a new gun as his sherpa weapon.

Yeah, I'm not down with an unlootable/duplicatable/unlosable FAL

• Like 1

KAALE

Sherpas shouldn't have anything more than maybe a Low reoil low ergo AKM, maybe in Camo green as a unique skin. Also some kind of sherpa clothing / armour colours.

• Like 1

Agamenton

I don't like the idea of giving sherpas any in-raid advantage. Maybe a skin for weapons or some unique clothing, or you know it seems like they are kind of mercenaries, so give them money (though I know that most of them have enough money for everyone else together).

Unique skins seem just fine. And if they die, then the skinned/camouflaged weapon is reversed into a normal one.

something like this: wrapped_sniper.thumb.jpg.57f054430f157660466d06991614b0b8.jpg --------->>

unwrapped_sniper.thumb.png.76f5a68d79415030b4879732a1f875ec.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Marasdf
On 1/17/2017 at 3:54 PM, Uthious said:

I don't think Sherpa exclusive weapons are a good idea. If a player prefers a lone wolf playstyle and therefore won't be a part of the Sherpa program, why should they be punished by not having access to all the weapons?

Sherpas should get rewards for their selfless actions of course. With 10 well trained students, a Sherpa should have access to the Sherpa trader. This trader would make it seem like there exists a network of likeminded people to the players, and would sell weapons and gear with permanent name tags and/or a different skin. The Sherpa trader might offer the same items as the other traders with a slight discount maybe? 

These items would be lootable and the name tag would identify the original owner forever, maybe as a trophy of some sort. If an opposite faction to Sherpas was ever implemented, these tagged items could have greater value when sold to their respective trader. Or you could just look at the name tag and remind yourself how you scored a sweet item from an experienced player.

I think this would be a great idea if implemented right. Maybe make it so that the more players this Sherpa has trained the more items become available from this trader, provided that the Sherpa has also the level requirement met and the amount of money spent. So it would be the amount of players trained instead of the normal standing from missions with this Sherpa trader.

And there could be a separate trader that wants Sherpa dog tags or something like that, I dunno.

Somar

I don't think Sherpas should have unique weapons or any other advantage over normal players. Bear in mind that Sherpas are already experienced players so putting unique weapons or any advantage wouldn't be good playerwise. The dogtag should definitively be different, maybe black or gold. Want something unique? Make the Sherpa's clothes be different from BEAR and USEC or make him have the hability to extract from every exit location the map has to offer(he would have big experience with the terrain).

Anyway, if it is decided to give Sherpas unique weapons or itens, it would be very unwise to make them not droppable by death.

SolLeks

what about specific weapon skin type deals, like as a sherpa, you can buy a AK-105 that has a rattle can spray job to make it 'camo' along with supporting equipment.

or a baby poop rhodesian FAL.

Edited by SolLeks

Drein

if you need (want/be happy to get etc) something more powerfull as reward than you an't a Sherpa.
Don't buff anything; it's gameBreaker and not fun at all, please. And who's the fkin Sherpa who need a better weapon here? A Sherpa can outplay anyone (know when he has to push, know when he better run etc), or he's not a Sherpa.
Something special, like a skin for some kind of stuff, would be perfect.

And a dogTag with bullet hole? (you know when you killed one)
Colored mods? Glasses?

If a Sherpa becomes a target for something lootable, it's the end of the Sherpa. We should be happy to be special and happy to kill a special guy ("God damn it was a Sherpa !?") but not running after a "special weapon" or discredited because we use one.
Hope being a Sherpa will be a pleasure, and an honor in some way, and hope you are not going to break the game adding advantage and buff that only casual unfair player needs.

Some voice line too ?
Some % with dealers ?

Anyway, if we can loot it, we can't use it. It turn Red instantly when the Sherpa die, loot, deal, end.
A new one come for free on a dealer and we'r good to go.

gl hf

Edited by Drein

bluethunder9902

Definitely would like some sort of cosmetic or permanent item. Since this would be "permanent" it would have to be balanced.

Kylie

Anyone that wants to Sherpa let me recommend you should probably always use a silenced weapon, basically your task is to help new players get through and learn the game and quests, play style matters a lot when im helping another player you have to play a ton more tactical or you will fail especially if your lugging another person along

Checkers

This sounds like an awesome reward system for this community building program. I have a few thoughts after 8 pages, well done community!  Sounds like a skin/cosmetic is wanted.  Keep the realism though, well worn look, some type of camo paint or netting, maybe a 'pretty' look i.e. bluing, case hardening, or faction branding.  Please stay away from full on CSGO style skinning....no dragon lore SV-98s.  

I like the idea of the Sherpa having a 'more lethal' weapon, in the same breath I'd wanna be the Sherpa than too.  Having it not be lootable doesn't seem like a good way to balance it though.  Think we all remember the M4 glitchers, that didn't feel good.  If there's a new gun in the game, players are gonna want to use it; which would motivate the Sherpa program.  Maybe introducing a 'off' caliber would allow the gun to be lootable but you can't buy ammo for it/ammo crafts slow(when hideout crafting is implemented).  10mm pistols, hollow point shotgun slugs, .300 blackout, 6.5 Creedmoor snipers (like 0 drop at range) just to name a few. Now the reward for fragging a Sherpa would be you have a cool gun but only a handful (if that) of ammo for it.  Other side, it would sell for big bucks to mechanic.  Now the player has a choice, enjoy it for a run or two or sell it for reward money.

Just to touch on 'more lethal' - this shouldn't be leaps and bounds better than what every other player gets. Not sure how to balance this with RNG. My point being if its X shots to center mass to kill fort guy then Sherpa's ammo should be X-1 or 2.  Just a slight bump in damage and penetration if applicable, no bump to fragmentation though.

Another perk idea I had would be that the weapon has be gone over by a expert gunsmith.  A trigger job, ramps/slides polishing; and this results in the gun being totally immune/reduced chance of jamming up (once jams are implemented).  Maybe increases to rate of fire, weight, or bolt action cocking time.  The gun is well serviced and in the best 'worn in' status it could be in.  

TLDR - Realistic skinning, Lootable but can't buy ammo, can sell it for a lot to mechanic, not too much more lethal than mainstream, gunsmith service prevents mechanical failures.

crashoveride

I'm thinking that the players wanting the help must pay a service fee as in-game currency and those giving the service can set their own rates. There can be an amount that can be do at time of service and additional bonuses for additional tasks such as ie quest completion, or party survives the raid. additionally I think it goes without saying that there must be an honor system put into place to keep players from taking advantage of the system. This could look like a short survey or better yet a performance report rating for that sherpas performance. These reports could be added up and used to display a sherpas experience and avg rating ext... don't just leave it as 5 stars of rating give detailed descriptions. give them a full detailed performance evaluation and let those that they service write those evaluations. communication skills, knowledge/ tips and tricks, satisfaction, these are just simple examples of what is possible. I would suggest keeping it as a structured system with a one through ten rating system that touches on key points or something similar. I also recommend that you put in a sherpas service request limit to also avoid abuse ie. having your friends request you over and over again to boost your rating would be something that we would want to avoid. Additionally i think it is also important to add the ability for sherpas to be able to rate those using their services. I think having an honor system that plays a role for both parties is important to maintaining the health of the community surrounding this project. Also possibly consider that while providing services to others sherpas can receive a temporary slight discount through traders and additional xp at end of raid. A Ghillie suit would be a cool reward for those with high ratings.

Edited by crashoveride

Onitsukakun

I'm down with the different clothing skins, different weapons / weapons that cannot be looted are too much of an advantage for players that are already quite skilled as it is. Sure some benefits wouldn't be bad since you're more prone to dying when teaching someone. I know for good cause I do it quite often already.

Beefyrulz

The way I understand it, a Sherpa is essentially just a mentor, right?

So as far as special rewards/compensation for being a sherpa, I think some form of unique unlootable cosmetic would be appropriate. I also think an unlootable pistol (Possibly chosen by the sherpa themselves) would be nice especially to ease along the teaching process, though entirely unnecessary since a Sherpa is meant to be a highly experienced player.

As such, a highly experienced player should both know how to, and be able to teach others how to play the game from nothing, as most new-comers will likely have to experience playing from nothing with or without training. Sherpa's should be qualified for such circumstances.

As many others have suggested, I think approximately 10+ players trained would be a fair baseline. Possibly even have a tier system to show an individual Sherpa's experience/effectiveness (i.e. 5+ Gets you a special unlootable sherpa hat, 10+ Special unlootable Sherpa Pistol, 15+ Special Sherpa Clothing based on chosen faction, 20+... etc.) Obviously individual perk requirements/reward tiers can be adjusted, not saying a pistol needs to be the 2nd reward, but you get the idea.

Alternatively you could also just have a special 'Sherpa Shop' where Sherpa's can buy higher tier equipment for themselves at a noticeably reduced price, but maybe make it so that special equipment can't be looted or insured, but it can be lost. (I think a fair 'lore-friendly' reasoning might be that the Sherpa is 'renting' the equipment from a vendor for cheap, but ultimately the equipment actually belongs to that vendor, therefor in-universe no scav/USEC/BEAR is going to mess with the vendor's property so as to not incur their wrath.) Another possibility is to simply reward the Sherpa for their services with a monthly stipend to purchase 'teaching materials'.

Just as a final statement, as many others have suggested, don't give Sherpa's any sort of equipment that is in any way statistically better than anything else obtained in the game otherwise because again, a Sherpa should be just as capable of playing on a level playing field as anyone else, and it would just be unbalanced if they got access to weapons/equipment that normal players would never have access to. i.e. something like an M4 that deals a flat +20% damage would just be broken and completely ruin the spirit of the game, or even something like Sherpa's can buy an M107 that's otherwise unavailable to anyone else, again, would be broken and ruin the spirit of the game.

Edited by Beefyrulz

Sleepyyy

I don't know if this was already suggested or not but pmcs should receive different equipment for their Sherpa's, for example Bears (AK's, Blackrock, SV if ur recon, etc etc) while USECS (M4's, AVS, an american soon to be sniper if ur recon?, etc..) 

This is just a suggestion to make things a little bit spicy and different, in no case do the items I refered (M4's, AK's, etc) have to be the choosen ones.

Edit:

Also Sherpa's gear should improve depending on their rep, better sherpas get better stuff or just more quantity.

Edited by Sleepyyy

Cevune

Personally I'm a fan of the user selected infinite insurance (basically extending the same item retention all players have in their melee weapon to a single selected firearm of a sherpa's choosing).

If they get some weapon that otherwise isn't attainable by traditional means, that will likely be 1) done to the chagrin of other players that enjoy the game since you're essentially forcing them out of content and 2) will provide impetus for many users to become low quality "sherpas" just to try and attain this loot.

For the sake of both the game's quality and balance, as well as the health of the sherpa program itself, it should not be exclusive loot. The Immortal Rifle method fits the concept of the sherpa program by not only remaining a fair and accessible weapon (EG forcing the sherpa to demonstrate skills and items actually attainable by their apprentices) but also allows them to mitigate their own personal risks in being a sherpa (that is to say, they can select their personal specialized tool of the trade to make unlimited use. A sherpa who specializes in close assault may select an AK-74. One who specializes in sharpshooting may select a mosin or SV-98. One who specializes in budget combat can select a shotgun) This would also allow the sherpa to continue teaching players despite a potential myriad deaths (it happens to everyone). In this way, the reward itself is a reflection of the sherpa program's goal: to facilitate player enjoyment and the development of combat skills within the game

Edited by Cevune

SoUl_ReAp3r

Hi everyone,

Im new to Esacpe from tarkov, as a noob i believe that a sherpa should recieve a noticeable cosmetic appearance so that his trainee can identify him from anyone else in game but also other players in that raid can also point him out as a high value target.

If you are to kill a sherpa the idea of his tag being worth a considerable ammount more then normal is a great idea.

Also we have the scav boss who has the special TT. So maybe give the shepra a special pistol which is lootable by players which then we can have as a collectable trade item to trade for say a weapons case or armor etc... this will make the shepras raids harder as other experianced players will be looking for the sherpas as this is far more fun then just turning up at the same old sxav boss spawns to get a bitcoin and his TT....

Every successful raid getting a noob a certain ammount of kills and exp during that raid adds up and when he reaches that threashold of exp his students have gained from his help he is allowed to choose a piece of equipment or weapon to perminatly have access to for free.

I.e his students have gained a total of 50,000 exp so he can unlock a pistol unique to the sherpas.

When he has trainned people and there total exp has reached 150,000 he gets to pick a standard weapon with no mods to have for free. ( only to be used during a shepra raid.)

I hope they make a new selection for the shepra to choose before the raid like when you either select a scav or your pmc. This way if that player whats to go in raids alone he uses his standard stash and has to pay for everything but if he chooses his shepra he is able to access his free unlocked items or take items out of his stash.

Maybe give the sherpa a leveling system also and as he climbs the ranking the better the items are that he can keep. ALL LOOTABLE IF YOU KILL HIM IN A RAID.

DONT FORGET MAKE IT CHALLENGING FOR THESE SHEPRAS TO GET REWARDS AS THEY ARE SKILLED PLAYERS BUT ALSO THIS MAY GIVE EXPERIANCED PLAYERS ANOUTHER QUEST TO DO AS A SHEPRA.

thanks

Paradoxxxical

I think Sherpas should have a weapon skin for their gun, and can be visible on any weapon. A texture map should be made for every weapon in the game, and the Sherpas IGN should be displayed in a highly visible spot on the weapon. If this weapon is looted, the skin shall not be visible once removed from the Sherpas body, and will return to a default texture. A good place for the Sherpas name would be on a dust cover or upper receiver, as these are rarely covered completely by attachments. This is just my idea for now before heading to work, but I think the Sherpa program is a great way to get people to teach others about the game, and thought I'd give my suggestion.

Archyy

Are you all idiots? you wanna give a experienced player weapons and maybe also armor that HE CANNOT LOSE IF HE IS KILLED? what is the ducking point then? he can spam raids over and over without losing a thing and you as a player may encounter him if you are lucky maybe kill him then what? you go to his body and can't take his stuff because of what? 

On that concept give streamers weapons they can't lose cause they are promoting the game, make loot boxes for 9.99$, 19.99$ and 39.99$ from which you can get as a normal player weapons you cannot lose. How about it? 

duck the core mechanic of losing everything as a PMC when you die everyone can keep their stuff... Why not, right?  

Are you all morons? Ok, give the sherpas a skin for a weapon of his choosing fully kitted weapon but when he uses it in a raid and dies, well goodbye weapon. 

OR:

Make the SHERPA program a separate program from the normal matchmaking (like when you sign in for SCAV or PMC ) make it a third one SHERPA, that way they do not encounter PMC's only scav's the "SHERPA PLAYER" does ( the SHERPA PLAYER will have a preset character he will use in that mode but none of the gear on that character he can keep, is just for training others) not get to keep anything from the raid (he is there to teach others not for the loot) and the "SHERPA STUDENTS" can keep what they get, they are beginners and w.e they get will not have a impact in any way.   

As a participant and volunteer to this program the SHERPA PLAYER will get a weapon of his choosing with any attachments he wants on it and a custom skin for his PMC but when he uses it on his PMC is fair game, he dies  he loses it forever.

• Like 1

t-schnauzer

Giving anyone unlootable items is game breaking and ridiculous. The whole point of the game is to get kills and collect equipment to make money.

xXEnahsXx

Hey @Blackb1rd,

I would suggest something that doesn't break the rules of the game (Kill someone and loot them) and I don't think you should get to keep your weapon after being looted. The core of the game is a Kill=Reward and Death=Loss, so I would pitch that the Sherpa should be rewarded with a decked out weapon loaded out with a special Handguard/Stock (Primary attachment that is highly visible) with an engravement slot or something on it to represent that it was a specific Sherpa's weapon (The engravement should be highly visible). 

If a Sherpa keeps training people then they should keep getting rewards, this could be scaled. Then it's up to the Sherpa to keep the weapon as a Trophy or to risk it in combat as per normal. The attachment should have above average stats but should follow the attachment rules for which weapon it can be attached to. 

It would be cool to have some sort of functionality that supports the selling of Sherpa attachments on the Flea Market back to their owners so only the player that was rewarded the attachment (With their engraved name) can rebuy it from their killer. To minimize the inflation of absurd prices the attachment could be set to have a max selling price or just scale the listing cost to deter players from selling them too highly. If a player discards the attachment then it would be returned to the owner free of cost. (It may benefit to have the attachment only usable by the owner or other Sherpa's to drive the offload of the attachment).

I could spin a photoshop example if you guys are interested!

Let me know what you guys think!

Hokucho

So I'm not a Sherpa yet (but here's hoping my application is accepted!) but, I think a Skin would be the best fair reward. That way Sherpas do not have an advantage over anyone but have something they can call their own. I also think this weapon should not be lootable by others for obvious reasons. This way, they also have the same statistics of those they are teaching, so if they use their special weapon, it doesn't potentially skew lessons and instruction.

Other rewards could be exclusive skins/camos for clothing or other noticeable items. This may be even easiar to do now that we have clothing in game.

Edited by Hokucho

BrandonS101

Honestly, a skin for a weapon or a exlusive clothing option would probably be the most fair or you could do like a golden gun such as the TT but thats like a skin. I just don't really like the idea of Sherpa's getting an exlusive item only they can have.

Wurfy

How about a skin that the Sherpa can add to a weapon he has purchased or found in a raid?

Having an unlootable weapon is just frustrating for the rest of us because if I kill someone in a difficult fight, I want to get my damn reward for it. And seeing an M4 right there but unlootable would quite possibly make me rage quit.

Having a weapon the Sherpa can't lose or which he gets back immediately after a raid even if it has been looted is an idea that has some merit given the increased risks when teaching new players but then no one forces anyone to become a Sherpa either. You either can handle it or you can't. If you can't, stop being a Sherpa.

I think a good way to reward Sherpas would be that based on the number of players they have trained they get tiered rewards. Say, first a melee weapon skin, then a pistol skin, then a rifle skin, maybe eventually a chest rig skin or something. For every tier, the Sherpa could maybe choose from a few different options (so for a rifle it could be an AK-74N, M4, SV-98, RSASS or SVD, for example, and also maybe have a choice between his name visible on the lower receiver or chassis, a nice finish or a small custom decal somewhere. The Sherpa could only choose one and it shouldn't be changeable). After making his choice he could then add that skin to any weapon of his chosen type that he gets his hands on. 

If a weapon with a Sherpa skin is picked up by a player, he should be able to keep it with the skin, however it should have immense value at the traders so as to remove those weapons from circulation as quickly as possible. Either you would sell it, it would remain your stash jewel or you'd lose it in a raid and someone else would sell it. Flea market shouldn't be an option.

Finally, add a significant reward for killing a Sherpa with his own weapon. Maybe getting the same option to add that skin on the weapon, except it's going to be the same as or similar to what the Sherpa had, not freely chosen.

Therg

Skin only, maybe some convenience of a pre moded gun, if you make the reward overpowered then you will have everyone trying to unlock it instead of generous helpful people.

yabbadabba

Why not give the gun a sticker or engraving, and it still drops so other players can keep it just for something cool to collect

b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2