Blackb1rd

Sherpas workflow arrangement

Blackb1rd

How, in your opinion, should Sherpas work be organized? For example, a Sherpa can have his own forum topic to look for conscripts for the raid, where rookies can also post their reviews on the work of the Sherpa. How to keep a record of the Sherpa work? We’d be glad to hear your suggestions!

hexxcode

A forum thread would be a good way.

If you ever plan to implement a chat/chatrooms for lobbies: Give special chatrooms/chats to sherpas.

(and maybe a special icon for them)

Edited by hexxcode

Kwahamot

It would be nice to have a special "Chatroom", which can be implemented with IPS. A dedicated topic for a certain Sherpa will be good. All their tips and tricks, since each person has a different opinion. People could give feedback, suggestions and others can look on there for guides, and help.

• Upvote 2

cazz669

I think a chatroom or lobby, so Sherpas can drop in and find people looking to group up/ aquire a sherpa to assist them.
Then they can pass on information such as game name to ensure they get into a group before taking their first steps into EFT

• Upvote 1

Retroperspect

I would recommend taking a look at the game "Warframe" it has a teaching community based around the raids in the game, using discord for organising instant response to new people needing to learn the raids, and using a website with API catch to monitor contribution of the teachers and the students.

link to the discord so you can see how they manage it.

https://discord.gg/t2HxRDe

Edited by Retroperspect
added link to the discord
  • Upvote 2

Minions_Gambit

I think regional sherpas are a definite requirement to ensure good connectivity between master and students.  Not everyone has discord, but it is a perfect tool.  A regional discord can be setup, where bot commands can be entered for students wanting to submit for learnings.  They can then give feedback via discord and ranked that way.

However, if people don't have discord, maybe put a link in the game main menu under a Team / Training aspect that then opens an external page where players can submit their requests for training, their pref contact info and what level of training they think they need - Level 1 (Basics), Level 2 (Weapons and movement), Level 3 (Map Tactics), etc.

The Sherpa can then pick up the "jobs" via the requests and then use their social media of choice to connect with the players and bring them all into a game.

• Upvote 11

Orbixal
11 minutes ago, Minions_Gambit said:

I think regional sherpas are a definite requirement to ensure good connectivity between master and students.  Not everyone has discord, but it is a perfect tool.  A regional discord can be setup, where bot commands can be entered for students wanting to submit for learnings.  They can then give feedback via discord and ranked that way.

However, if people don't have discord, maybe put a link in the game main menu under a Team / Training aspect that then opens an external page where players can submit their requests for training, their pref contact info and what level of training they think they need - Level 1 (Basics), Level 2 (Weapons and movement), Level 3 (Map Tactics), etc.

The Sherpa can then pick up the "jobs" via the requests and then use their social media of choice to connect with the players and bring them all into a game.

I think this is a good idea :uninja:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Minions_Gambit
Just now, Orbixal said:

I think this is a good idea :uninja:

scottykai

With similar things i have seen in order to get the build up of rep, i would say in my opinion a quite effective way of managing the system would be to have a specific forum area for Sherpa's to post when they are looking for a group, continuing to use the same thread would be a good place for both the Sherpa to advertise when they are online and also for the players to leave reviews. then after "X" amount of rep the forum post could be pinned. (I mean this is obviously a quick and easy method but the ability for players to leave a review of the Sherpa would be quite handy IMO).

MadStalker
1 hour ago, Minions_Gambit said:

Agree too.

klinGiii

A Forum Section just for Sherpas is a good idea for giving reviews of their work. After a raid the Sherpas can provide to the new players a link , where they can write an review.

Anything else should be done ingame. Maybe some Special Chatrooms for them Ingame. Like a Room just for Sherpas to change information among them.

And something like an "Search for Sherpa" room. And Subrooms for the Nationalities. Where new Persons can contact the Sherpas for help. And then they can discuss on which discord or  Teamspeak Server they`ll have an meet up for  better communication.

Edited by klinGiii

razorcamel

So basically uber but for takrov scrubs? aha

I volunteer as a sherpa though. I seem to be able to answer most of the questions people have in the Discord. It sounds fun. c:

ss+(2016-10-16+at+01.22.53).jpg

Edited by razorcamel

Draconaccer

Well, thats hard to set up. Becuase you want the sherpa to be able to improve leading others while at the same time the individuals being lead improve. You could do something similar to what most shooters do and have a clan. Then add a survey like system to allow players to rate the sherpa. Also one to allow the sherpa to rate the player. This would allow the player/sherpa to see where they did good on and where they did bad i.e. noise, accuracy, light awareness. Then also an actual area where the sherpa and players and go to work on mechanics suchs as formations and how to clear a room and trade equipment. Last but not least a roster/chatroom where said sherpa following can go to ask questions group up and generaly have a good time.

Respectfully,

Draco

MadStalker

A sherpa could be link at his Communit Discord and Forum. So he is easily findable. 

I like the idea of a survey, but remember, you can't be appreciate by all. Some think about a trainer that he will learn them some magical tricks to become pro-gamers. But he doesn't. 

Edited by MadStalker

Zoraxon

A sherpa discord channel for basically Q&A, plus forum posts would work wonders.

Hate to break topic flow, but how does one become a sherpa? I'd really like the ability to officially help new players, and I already do it every chance I get (Plus a formal "Welcome to Tarkov!") I didn't go for emissary because I didn't think I could do it, but helping new players is something I'm pretty good at.

• Upvote 1

WaywardHavoc

Perhaps a handful of Discord channels for rookies to go when they are in need of in-game assistance and advice along with a special group type that restricts the group leaders to be Sherpas and the rest of the members being low rank players or people who are just having difficulty becoming accustomed to the game. And after a successful raid the Sherpas trainees should be allowed to rate their trainer in-game or provide some type of feedback in the forums with proof that they participated in a raid with said Sherpa.

DeadEnd

I think a good way to keep track of Sherpa work would have to be in game and automatic. You can't really expect players to come to the forum and write a review or thumbs up a person for their work. Maybe have a way to form a Sherpa invite lobby and if the Sherpa's trainee(s) make it out of a raid alive then the Sherpa gets a +1 to Sherpa activities that players can see and know that going into a raid with him might not be too bad of a idea. 

Ozymandias

The best way as a couple others have said is for the Sherpa to be an in-game mechanic. When you are below a certain level or game progress you gain access to "Sherpa trainers" as a quest given by the first trader. Until you level up or progress in the game they will be available to you.

Sherpa trainers would go into a menu that they are basically "matchmaking" for a someone to train. The trainees can then view this menu and then pick a Sherpa. Sherpa would be able to fill out a small description matching their training/playstyle so people can find their best fit when multiple are available.

The Sherpa and the Trainee would then be put into a menu where the Sherpa can see the gear the the Trainee has equipped and what he plans to bring, and can talk to him before entering raid to discuss tactics and gear. This section is important so that they can discuss which map to queue up into and what to bring for that map, as well as knowing some other information about the map and the end goal of queuing up for the raid.

The Sherpa and Trainee should be spawned together, in a location where they will be less likely to be shot immediately so the Trainee has time to get his bearings if need be. Then it's up to the Sherpa's discretion to lead the raid and make sure the survival of the Trainee is the highest priority.

If the Sherpa or the Trainee dies, they should still be able to talk to and communicate until the end of the match. Extra XP will be given out to the Sherpa and an invisible Sherpa rating will be given to the Sherpa as well so that bad Sherpas can be found and weeded out easier. The XP/points given will only be dependent on how well the Trainee does, so that way the Sherpa is never rewarded for letting the Trainee die. If the Sherpa dies but the Trainee lives to exit, he shouldn't be punished for that either, as there will always be a time for even the most seasoned player to die. 

Then they will be put into a lobby together to go over the match post-mortem. They will be able to talk about anything they like and either of them can disconnect at any time, or even re-queue. The Sherpa should also have the final say on queuing back up with the Trainee, and be able to also somehow denote if the Trainee was not responsive to the program (IE a negative rating if the Trainee intentionally griefed or caused issues which endangered both players.) If enough negative ratings are stored up then the Trainee will be ejected from the Sherpa program.

Lastly, there should be a big penalty for killing a Sherpa, if you do so, the Sherpa will have the option to eject you from the Sherpa program and then you will no longer be able to queue up. (The option would be necessary in case of accidental deaths, such as grenades or just general noobiness, not intentional teamkilling.) Also as a last note, the possibility of causing players to lose their gear if they killed a Sherpa intentionally (as determined by the Sherpa) that they exited the raid with, so that players do not try to abuse the mechanic.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

The_Diabetic

Allow everyone to have the opportunity to become a Sherpa, allow the alpha testing community first dibs on this availability during say beta to help new players through something like an online tutorial session.  This will allow veteran Sherpas to exist at launch. 

Depending on the number of players instructed and helped can grant one access to different level Sherpa vendors.  That system can be exploited though through grinding through new players.

To fix the player grinding system, have the players that are instructed rate the player who instructed them.  This can be the other half of the Sherpa vendor system.  This lets player interaction have a real world affect that will force interaction to be productive.  Sherpa's cannot get the better vendor items without higher player ratings.

Vendors:  Keep the regular vendors the same and do not change them for the Sherpas, instead have a vendor or 2 that only sell items.  Have one that sells the higher end medical items and one that sells higher end weapons.  For a third Sherpa vendor, it can only accessible to high player rated Sherpas who have also helped a higher than normal amount of players (say 30 to 50 or something).  This Sherpa vendor sells unique Sherpa weapon parts and mods.  This is important.  Sherpas buy these very expensive and exclusive weapon parts to rare guns that are not obtainable.  It would take a lot of time to create and craft one of these "Sherpa Weapons"  Regular weapons with better stats or bonuses that are minimal and not game breaking, as well as more expensive exclusive weapons should be allowed.  

Sherpa's should have unique dog tags that are worth a good amount of money to Fence

Sherpas should have a visible way of showing how many players they have helped

Players should visibly display (without losing) the number of Sherpa's they have killed in combat, maybe arm bands?

When a Sherpa dies with a Sherpa crafted weapon, the player gets "ruined and un-usable" Sherpa gun and mod parts.  The catch is, that only a few randomized pieces of the weapon are salvageable, and thus available to the regular player.  This allows for Sherpas to be taken as a threat in combat with a rare reward that can be obtained no other way by a player.  As previously stated, skill counts more than gear a shotgun to the head of a Sherpa will still kill him/her, even if by a noob.  This way Sherpa weapons are not commonplace and easily obtainable or recoverable.  

Sherpa weapon parts can only be modded into Sherpa weapons of the same type, optics and "furniture" mods for the most part can be used or sold like regular optics but all have a Sherpa sticker or something.  (You "could" use unique Sherpa mods on regular plebeian guns, but the idea would that it is harder to use them if Sherpa parts are only compatible with each other, thus giving them higher value)

Sherpas have a special skill tree that depending on the amount of player rating and player assistance they have given will allow them to be more of a veteran than a non Sherpa, better reload speed, healing, senses, aim, etc.  Again not game breaking stuff, maybe 5%.

This way, I think the Dev's could allow for an interactive player community that the Sherpas and regular players could interact with.  Giving the Sherpa's a boost while allowing other players to see what the Sherpa's are capable of through community assistance, but when a Sherpa dies in combat, almost all of his Sherpa stuff gets ruined, preventing an overflow on the regular player market and environment while allowing some of it to seep into the regular player society.  That way, if very careful and patient, a regular player could obtain Sherpa weapons as well.

Just my very long 2 cents on the matter.  I really like the idea and how it could interact with the community at large, but I do not think that a forum based approach is best, newbies are not going to come to a forum for the Sherpas, they will come into the game and expect to see them and get help from them.  The forum will be supplementary once they are introduced.

• Upvote 1

BrandonS101

Well maybe sherpas could stream on the official escape from tarkov twitch and show off new things or tactics in the game.

Voodoodna

i still dont know how this will be implemented in the game, my guess is that players can create like a little clan so people can join to it, max 10 people, you can kick someone, you can invite someone, that means you can invite your friend and train him, when you finish with him, you get 1 less trainees needed, for each one that you train for atleast lets say 2 hours, you get a perk, if that one trainee doesn't play anymore you can kick him and recruit someone new and train him from 0, lets say you trained 10, you got the special weapon, i dont think taking it away for not training with 10 of your trainees  for a long while is a good idea, he earned it, he did his deed for training 10! now its a question if he is ready to train together for lets say 2 hours a month to keep there perks that maybe you get a discount on some stuff, or you get paid every month for each one, that amount that its worth wasting 2 hours per month with one of them, lets say its enough for a 30k weapon, 3 full mags for it and sight!

this should be implemented in the game, it will encourage sherpas to do more training, and new players will get a little bonus from it too, they dont need allot at start, its like a top level at mmorpgs, a level 80 guarding an level 10-20-30 from PK's and bosses and all the other trains of mobs that can kill him, aka scavs in our case and bosses are like other online players.

this can be allot of fun and that means there is another objective to the game, this will not be easy, it will take time, and even this way you can make new friends that will play with you and even support you later on the training (My babies have grown so big Q_Q)

lets pull out the ideas from this!!!

oh i love doing this beta thing and giving ideas! everything to make the game more worth it and more things to do to everyone! this will make players stay even more!!

Edited by Voodoodna

Alpha-30k
On 1/17/2017 at 6:05 AM, Blackb1rd said:

How, in your opinion, should Sherpas work be organized? For example, a Sherpa can have his own forum topic to look for conscripts for the raid, where rookies can also post their reviews on the work of the Sherpa. How to keep a record of the Sherpa work? We’d be glad to hear your suggestions!

If a player parties up with a sherpa, then after completing the raid in some way a review option can pop up in their end screen so they can rate the sherpa and submit the record directly to you. Also, the forums are a good place to spread the word about sherpas in a special section perhaps. :)

intel352

Please make this an integrated game feature. Not everyone frequents forums regularly, so having native game support for the Sherpa program would make a huge diff.

Really the Sherpa should be able to rate the recruit, and vice versa. That could be used to gauge the level for each player. And obviously successful sorties should factor in as well

Dimittri

Thats an amazing feature. Helping others ingame will make it stronger and a solid community. I got to agree with @Minions_Gambit about regional sherpas and a big <3 for @Ozymandias. Nothing else to add! He described the sherpa system perfectly! I would love to see this working like that! Big thanks for the ideas!

On 17/01/2017 at 11:42 PM, Ozymandias said:

The best way as a couple others have said is for the Sherpa to be an in-game mechanic. When you are below a certain level or game progress you gain access to "Sherpa trainers" as a quest given by the first trader. Until you level up or progress in the game they will be available to you.

Sherpa trainers would go into a menu that they are basically "matchmaking" for a someone to train. The trainees can then view this menu and then pick a Sherpa. Sherpa would be able to fill out a small description matching their training/playstyle so people can find their best fit when multiple are available.

The Sherpa and the Trainee would then be put into a menu where the Sherpa can see the gear the the Trainee has equipped and what he plans to bring, and can talk to him before entering raid to discuss tactics and gear. This section is important so that they can discuss which map to queue up into and what to bring for that map, as well as knowing some other information about the map and the end goal of queuing up for the raid.

The Sherpa and Trainee should be spawned together, in a location where they will be less likely to be shot immediately so the Trainee has time to get his bearings if need be. Then it's up to the Sherpa's discretion to lead the raid and make sure the survival of the Trainee is the highest priority.

If the Sherpa or the Trainee dies, they should still be able to talk to and communicate until the end of the match. Extra XP will be given out to the Sherpa and an invisible Sherpa rating will be given to the Sherpa as well so that bad Sherpas can be found and weeded out easier. The XP/points given will only be dependent on how well the Trainee does, so that way the Sherpa is never rewarded for letting the Trainee die. If the Sherpa dies but the Trainee lives to exit, he shouldn't be punished for that either, as there will always be a time for even the most seasoned player to die. 

Then they will be put into a lobby together to go over the match post-mortem. They will be able to talk about anything they like and either of them can disconnect at any time, or even re-queue. The Sherpa should also have the final say on queuing back up with the Trainee, and be able to also somehow denote if the Trainee was not responsive to the program (IE a negative rating if the Trainee intentionally griefed or caused issues which endangered both players.) If enough negative ratings are stored up then the Trainee will be ejected from the Sherpa program.

Lastly, there should be a big penalty for killing a Sherpa, if you do so, the Sherpa will have the option to eject you from the Sherpa program and then you will no longer be able to queue up. (The option would be necessary in case of accidental deaths, such as grenades or just general noobiness, not intentional teamkilling.) Also as a last note, the possibility of causing players to lose their gear if they killed a Sherpa intentionally (as determined by the Sherpa) that they exited the raid with, so that players do not try to abuse the mechanic.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2