Blackb1rd

Sherpas workflow arrangement

psykikk
28 minutes ago, Xarc said:

This will not turn into a Sherpa clan and others will be at their discretion/mood ?

nah. it was mean to make sure that a sherpa does indeed knows what he´s doing and is working according to the quality level and code of conduct that sherpas should stick to. 

it was already suggested that some "veteran players" only want to ave the sherpa title to show off and get extra incentives, not because they actually wanna help out. 

also not all that want to help are probably a good fit for the sherpa job. I think it takes more than dropping a few items and showing maps. it requires patiencem good comms skill and loads of discipline because you have to significantly change the way you approach the game. 

its not about you anymore but th trainee. the goal is to improve HIS gameplay, and increase HIS survival rate. a sherpa that just leads, kills everything and then shares the loot does not understand the concept, at least in my opinion.

Onitsukakun
23 hours ago, psykikk said:

nah. it was mean to make sure that a sherpa does indeed knows what he´s doing and is working according to the quality level and code of conduct that sherpas should stick to. 

it was already suggested that some "veteran players" only want to ave the sherpa title to show off and get extra incentives, not because they actually wanna help out. 

also not all that want to help are probably a good fit for the sherpa job. I think it takes more than dropping a few items and showing maps. it requires patiencem good comms skill and loads of discipline because you have to significantly change the way you approach the game. 

its not about you anymore but th trainee. the goal is to improve HIS gameplay, and increase HIS survival rate. a sherpa that just leads, kills everything and then shares the loot does not understand the concept, at least in my opinion.

It depends, if the player is supernew, that's a way of showing him how to move. That's my first approach: look at me and what I do. After a few rounds, when the new player gets it, we can proceed to the rest. How to approach different situations is not something you teach by talking. The guy has to be in a safe position and he has to be able to see what the experienced player does.

psykikk
17 minutes ago, Onitsukakun said:

It depends, if the player is supernew, that's a way of showing him how to move. That's my first approach: look at me and what I do. After a few rounds, when the new player gets it, we can proceed to the rest. How to approach different situations is not something you teach by talking. The guy has to be in a safe position and he has to be able to see what the experienced player does.

so you have the newbie follow you for several rounds ? how do you do that in dorms ? and sanatorium ? or even interchange ? 

I get the idea behing it, but
I am ok (far from good) finding my way around yet I experienced countless times when even veteran players didnt know specifially where their teammates were. so falling back and just watching might be .. hard 

but: if it works ? who am I to question it.. good for your newbs I assume

I just wish we had offline coop, specifically for these kind of situations. learning the map offline / solo is one thing. coordinating with 2 or more players needs loads of practice as well and is a totally different beast altogether 

Edited by psykikk

Onitsukakun
On 12/13/2018 at 12:37 PM, psykikk said:

so you have the newbie follow you for several rounds ? how do you do that in dorms ? and sanatorium ? or even interchange ? 

I get the idea behing it, but
I am ok (far from good) finding my way around yet I experienced countless times when even veteran players didnt know specifially where their teammates were. so falling back and just watching might be .. hard 

but: if it works ? who am I to question it.. good for your newbs I assume

I just wish we had offline coop, specifically for these kind of situations. learning the map offline / solo is one thing. coordinating with 2 or more players needs loads of practice as well and is a totally different beast altogether 

That'd sure help a lot. Of course the first few rounds have to be as stress free as possible so I usually avoid those map spots were action might become too conceited. I try and teach the newb to stay and quietly approach combat situations from the standpoint of someone who's at disadvantage (being new and all). So yeah, dormitories and sanatorium are not the places I usually go to at first (unless they want me to teach them how to loot on a speedrun).

PIG-Mathieu

Hello everyone,

thank you for your suggestions.

On 1/17/2017 at 2:50 PM, MadStalker said:

A sherpa could be link at his Communit Discord and Forum. So he is easily findable.

This is something interesting and I'm currently looking into it.

Making an in game feature linked to the sherpa system is going to be needed at some point or an other, thanks to your suggestions, we can start looking into it.

I will read every suggestions in this post and posts in this sherpa subforum in general.

If you have been using the system and would like to share feedback about it, feel free to do so in this post, you can also tag me @PIG-Mathieu in order to make sure I see it.

Thanks everyone.

b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2