Blackb1rd

Sherpas gear

moabete

I think basic supplies is really all sherpa needs. Im talking PM or shotgun with some amunition. Something that is basic easy to replace and people wont hog it for fear of loosing it.

MadStalker

I don't think Sharpas need stuff, as long as their goal is not to stuff people. Giving them stuff could make some people asking for Sharpa role only for getting stuff for them and their allies. 

Sharpas need some gameplay help, as, for example, an ability to group in offline mode (loot disable ofc). With this, they can learn everything they need for training.

Anothers ideas : a shooting range, host localy, without loot or an arena mode without stuff loss.

Jodman

My sherpa gear is to be all black like an assassin and dealer of death with a silenced vector xD

Dartfrog1982

Give them a special look like a OMSN (KSN, Special Purpose Team) with distinct uniform. For weapons I already suggested in the weapons section a Kukri or Ballistic knife.

MadStalker

Not a knife, EOD owners already paid for tomahawk

MadStalker
27 minutes ago, TheOtherSlug said:

Nothing. If they are an experienced player they do not need to be babysitted.

Yes, no gear. Only some safe way to train people. 

Ozymandias

I think it would be nice to have a special uniform so that anyone can distinguish the Sherpa readily. This will help anyone they are trying to keep alive and hopefully stop them from shooting the Sherpa.

If you must give them gear, let it be something they can use to help other players. Salewa medical kits, armor, field packs, tactical rigs. Not rifles or unique attachments or anything like that.

Edited by Ozymandias

BrandonS101

Someone from my stream said a ghillie suit? Maybe not exclusive to them but maybe an exclusive color?

P01NT_MAN
18 hours ago, Blackb1rd said:

What kind of gear, in your opinion, should Sherpas receive from Battlestate Games regularly to perform their duties? Weapons, ammunition, medical supplies, maps? Your suggestions are welcome in this topic!

At the moment there is only one slot for the head and face, i.e. Mask or helmet or hat. If you could add a face and Helmet slot. I'd like to see a brown Shemeg and black or olive  Mich Helement combo with a unique Chest plate carrier and chest rig, and an Alice Pack. I can think about it more when in less tired lol. Just brain storming...but I definitely would love to see a Mich helmet added to the game in general lol.

Goodi314
18 hours ago, hexxcode said:

At least he needs a full body armor and helmet.

Experienced fighter know the big advantage of bulletproof clothing.

To help his rookies, he needs Salewa - the ultimate medical buddy for all with a terrible headache.

Agreed. Full body armor, maybe in special unique colors/camo as an identifier. Medical supplies, maps, weapon parts and attachments that are on the more rare/expensive side. Maybe some bonus currency of various types. I also like the idea of free insurance. Can't get wrecked for trying to be a good guy and do the right thing with new players.

Cheaptrix
16 hours ago, MadStalker said:

A true Sherpa can find himself what he needs to play. 

The only things he could have is a special helmet or armor skins, that all players who see him will know who he is. It will help him with his students to recognize him also.

Not lootable ofc.

I cannot give anymore rep today but I think this is the best suggestion I've read so far.

Sherpas should be masters of the game and not given any freebies over others. Maybe just a small payment of weekly rubles to spend at will as payment for Sherpa duties.

Give them an armband or patch + headband or helmet.

A custom sherpa only helm that has mid tier protection and is unlootable should be fine.

• Upvote 1

F4tm4n

If ur training someone there sticking by your side and doing what u say not running off doing whatever that's learning anyway. I say give them some slight advantage perhaps the move faster or more quietly. I pose no safe guards as the risk of play is essentially moot and huge potential for abuse. if they can't loose items they can't bring any in or pick any up and be there strictly to teach 

st1x80

I would agree with a special uniform and skins. If you are going to be training and teaching people then you should have a distinct look that people know and recognize. Maybe some specialized gear slots to help him protect things like maps food and stuff that new people might forget? As long as his any advantages for training do not carry over into the open world PvP map, I think all is fair and deserving of a Sherpa.

P01NT_MAN
9 hours ago, Cheaptrix said:

I cannot give anymore rep today but I think this is the best suggestion I've read so far.

Sherpas should be masters of the game and not given any freebies over others. Maybe just a small payment of weekly rubles to spend at will as payment for Sherpa duties.

Give them an armband or patch + headband or helmet.

A custom sherpa only helm that has mid tier protection and is unlootable should be fine.

Personally a Sherpa should use whatever he see fits for his environment. I personally hate body armor, never liked it, sure it makes you feel safe, but I rather move quick and quietly. But like I always say, situation dictates. So I'm definitely not opposed to some cosmetic item. Maybe a certain type of clothing. Haha, the Sherpa will defiantly need a Shemeg because thats operator AF. And maybe give Sherpas Big beards. I don't know about the clothing, certainly something that is reasonable to Tarkovs terrain. But I really do believe Sherpas should get Big Beards and Shemegs lol.

2legs

Actually Sherpas should recieve a special coloured arm band, unique coloured helmet like UN, a special patch and that is all. All for easy identification by newbs and kos psychos alike.

These are the best players already. They don't need handouts. They can already survive and thrive. That's why their lessons are valuable. No need to make the powerful so much more powerful or give them crutches.

Handouts to them seem to lessen their legendary skill stature.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Cheaptrix
8 hours ago, 2legs said:

Handouts to them seem to lessen their legendary skill stature.

+1 

mcshaver

In stark contrast to plenty of the other opinions in this thread, I believe Sherpa's ought to have an unlimited out-of-game supply of PP-91's/Makarovs and medical supplies to distribute to new players at their own discretion during raids.  They ought to also have a unique, un-lootable backpack that can hold one set of PP-91/Makarov, splint, bandage, spare mag, and water for each new player they are training in game.  The material assistance of Sherpas, in addition to their verbal advice, will undoubtedly lessen the learning curve preventing successful raids without too dramatically altering the game's balance.  This backpack would be unable to hold any loot acquired during raids preventing Sherpas from abusing their position and cannot be looted upon the Sherpa's death preventing players from exploiting and targeting Sherpa groups.

stryfe__

Whatever you do decide to give a Sherpa let's try and have either the Sherpa moderated or a crucial part of his gear only accessible to the Sherpa.   I can't help but think if it is given on a regular that it will be exploited and given to wet nose noob on behalf of barter or kick start.  

Not sure how to be sure our Sherpa play the role given rather the  exploit it.

xNozzLe
On 1/17/2017 at 4:05 AM, Blackb1rd said:

What kind of gear, in your opinion, should Sherpas receive from Battlestate Games regularly to perform their duties? Weapons, ammunition, medical supplies, maps? Your suggestions are welcome in this topic!

Maps and medical supplies for sure! The odd time maybe body armor and a helmet to help them take more bullets during training of new players

Alpha-30k
Gunnyspec

I personally think it would be cool, for sherpas to have some sort of special medical item, maybe something that can resuscitate a fallen trainee or player. Like a one time use per raid, or maybe one time use with a reasonable cool down perhaps once day or twice daily, not sure.

But also, maybe the empty patch velcro on your characters right arm could be utilized in the case of a sherpa. Slap a cool emblem on there once they've reached a ceratin rank of sherpa or even maybe qualify as a sherpa. just some thoughts, cool thread btw.

• Upvote 1

mcshaver
10 hours ago, Gunnyspec said:

I personally think it would be cool, for sherpas to have some sort of special medical item, maybe something that can resuscitate a fallen trainee or player. Like a one time use per raid, or maybe one time use with a reasonable cool down perhaps once day or twice daily, not sure.

But also, maybe the empty patch velcro on your characters right arm could be utilized in the case of a sherpa. Slap a cool emblem on there once they've reached a ceratin rank of sherpa or even maybe qualify as a sherpa. just some thoughts, cool thread btw.

+1 for this.  Scrap my idea, a revive option would alot easier to implement and less abusable.

On 1/23/2017 at 7:53 AM, Alpha-30k said:

Some sort of warm weather cosmetic clothing item is imperative to show that this is a sherpa who guides other players through thick and thin, through high elevation terrain and low elevation terrain. Perhaps a special hat, mask or backpack

A cosmetic identifier would be pretty crucial, and I like that this keeps with the Sherpa theme

• Upvote 1

Alpha-30k
11 hours ago, Gunnyspec said:

I like the medical item idea, but I think that is WAY too unbalanced.

glumnut

hmm i dont know about gear i prefer they have standard issue weapon´s if any since they can lose it , making them have a pre-loaded gearset would be kinda cheating where the rest of lose everything when we die.

i think rather they have some sort of specific outfit/tag/armband 

• Upvote 1

Ctucker

I would say definitely different appearance/"skin" for the character, and equipment. 

They should be equipped with a Sherpa case... same as a gamma container but replinishes each raid. Inside should be water, splints, bandages, and salewa.  Whatever isn't used during the raid won't be able to keep. 

A side arm, shotgun, and long range weapon. Ammo for all. 

Each Sherpa should be personally choosen. I do believe they should role play unless asked not to by the trainee.  The DEVs and higher ups should choose the main group. Eventually, break it down military like. Like a platoon sgt over a large group, a sgt over a smaller section of that group. I don't know much of the background of the Sherpa but names of ranks should be related. Like maybe the highest be the name of the toughest mountain... the lower the rank the smaller the mountain their rank is names after. 

As far as huge backpack and over powered guns, don't think that would go over too well with other players. Only when they are guiding should they be able to equip their assigned gear. Very minimal gifting to new player. Anything given should be pre designated and given to all trainees. 

When not training, they should have a little more benifits than the average player. Not overpowered weapons but maybe a larger backpack and gamma container. Maybe a insured pistol/rifle with a special skin that cannot be looted if they're killed.

You, as in DEVs and Battlestate, have to realize that this position will have a major impact in keeping players or pushing them away. They're basically going to be your in-game salesmen.

Choose them wisely, check on them often, and follow up with their trainees always.

This was put together quickly from my cell. Please forgive any grammatical or spelling errors.

• Upvote 1

b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2