Blackb1rd

Sherpas gear

noahplayseft

Hello,

For me the sherpa program goal is to be able  to give abalities about the game mechanics to New players.

Related to that, sherpa should not play with other real players. (Scav fight is anouth to learn)

Means for me that sherpa must have access to everything with no way to save some stuff such as weapon at the end of the game.  (But you need to find another rewards way)

See you,

SPG_Superpapi

ZFT-Pinkman

Bayonet, Tokarev or glock, Trusty AKM or AK 74N, Decent backpack, AVS, 240 rounds of primary ammo, 1 spare magazine for each weapon, Detachable magnified optic, 3 IFAK's, 4 splints, 6 military bandages.

So my logic behind this is that having a good rifle such as the ak to fend off any scavs or pmc attackers. The glock or tokarev as a trusty sidearm when in need of a quick backup. The backpack will be good for carrying extra supplies found in raid. A detachable scope for them moments you need to snipe a scav from a window. IFAK's, splints and bandages for healing yourself as well as giving to new or injured players. 240 rounds of rifle ammo to keep you going when doing a long run to help out friendlies or to clear the path of scavs.

Altogether the gear is good but not overpowered, a rifle that most people are using as well as a good sidearm.  Add the ability to to add range to your weapon and you have a versatile platform to keep tarkov fair and "peaceful".

I think Sherpa's should be there to not outright murder people but to play like hero's in dayz, as a helping hand to players who are new or need help. They should be shadows in the night (and day) until they spot a player in need of help. They should have the option to use the voice commands in both english and russian so they can properly communicate with each pmc as well as any friendly locals.

Edited by ZFT-Pinkman

Hikaryu

I see it as a additional queue :) you go with rookies you get pretty nice gear to show off but u can't get a stuff out of raid like in offline, but u get medicaments, stuff, unique items(1 paca or 1 helmet or 5 meds or m4 or sth to be rewardable but not overpowered)

• Upvote 1

Sushi
On 10/30/2017 at 7:44 AM, Hikaryu said:

I see it as a additional queue :) you go with rookies you get pretty nice gear to show off but u can't get a stuff out of raid like in offline, but u get medicaments, stuff, unique items(1 paca or 1 helmet or 5 meds or m4 or sth to be rewardable but not overpowered)

That's not a bad idea, actually. Maybe you have special "Sherpa" gear which is only useable in Sherpa queue?

Hikaryu
1 hour ago, Sushi said:

That's not a bad idea, actually. Maybe you have special "Sherpa" gear which is only useable in Sherpa queue?

For this I would only add one thing, after that kind of training rest of a team must judge if your good or bad sherpa. 

• Like 1

Twick

It should just be cosmetic and if it has to be a special item or something it should be even with anything out there. Also none of this "you can't loot it" nonsense. 

SharpS

Some thoughts on the gear - Perhaps a custom armor skin or some form of identifier? Helps them be distinguished from other people.

DanExert

Cosmetics = yes

Unique/OP weapons = no

• Like 1

Lokomotivet

A very visible laser pointer! For the most obvious reasons, to easily point out things in-game for other players.

• Sad 1

CaptainRiik

I think Sherpas should have a distinctive outfit but not any sort of “special” gear. Those who are sherpa’s should be experienced enough to live of what they have and what they can find. I understand sherpa’s show new players the ropes, but scavenging is part of the training in my opinion.  

UmbrellaCorp

Well a few people said full armor... but I believe a Sherpa is someone who need to show the trainee how to survive so hiding when you need to running when needed having full armor is the objective you are showing them... you can’t start off with the end game for the new people.. that said I’d recommend food water for two a special SHERPA back pack with a large space for gear like normal then on the sides of the bag two spots for water bottles just a little touch that is pretty cool like a real bag then a grizzly med kit, suppressed hand gun for taking out Scavs and self defense against pvp again showing how to survive not thrive... then light armor and Sherpa helmet and a Sherpa cliff climbing hatchet thing and two night visions for night time training... and MAPS but special maps however that looks just maps haha

PS. Love the game LOVE the Sherpa idea keep it up please let me know you actually seen this and care lol!! First post

Edited by UmbrellaCorp

ticonus

Only thing sherpas should have is a choice between permanent cosmestic items, IE some facepaint for your helmet? or a special bandana or special goggles, maybe some special hatchet? or some kind of spray they can apply to their weapons

gNecrOz

I did not take the time to read the other suggestions, for that I apologies for a repeat. 

As for gear... hmmmm, I do not think we need anything super special or over powered if anything, Sherpas having some kind of Notifying Thing on them as a BEAR or USEC would be nice. Maybe something like a Arm Band on the Character Model or something that can Denote them as a Sherpa. Maybe a Different Shirt or a entirely Special Looking Uniform for Both BEAR/USEC.

I am strongly against the idea of giving weapons or meds or ammo... we can obtain that ourselves... Maybe Specialized Maps...? If we were to have some kind of 'Gear', something that can show secret loot locations that only Sherpa's could take New Players too? Even a Special 'Key Bar' That could hold double the keys? Making Quest Sherpa jobs a little easier to carry?

all just some simple thoughts. Feel free to quote me and discuss if you'd like

Necro

d0gday

What about any gear lost in raid with a player they are teaching is guaranteed to be returned as insurance (minus ammo and meds, etc) That way they don't have to fear taking in descent gear, and players just wont be able to loot their body as not to inflate the economy.

Preture

A weapon skin would be interesting. But a player model skin would also be a good way to indicate Sherpa's...

iancroth

I would like to see the Sherpa carrying the following

1 Undamaged Fully Functioning AK-74 equipped with all the beginning/basic critical components. I would suggest the AK-74 include the following components, a 30 round magazine, low end stock,  low end receiver, charging handle, low end pistol grip, low end compensator or flash hider, but seeing how the AK-74 doesn't require a compensator or flash hider to be operational those modifications could possibly be left out if players feel that the gun is a little to extravagant for the situation at hand.  Although the AK-74 can operate without a receiver I feel that a dust cover / receiver should be attached to the Sherpa's AK-74 when starting the raid.  Additional modifications and components that are compatible with the AK-74 including all the scopes, silencers, handguards, foregrips, flashlights, tactical laser devices, and the other mods that I didn't include in my list of "necessary basic components / Mods wouldn't be initially attached to the AK-74 at the beginning of the match, but if the Sherpa happens to collect any of those extraneous mods during the course of the raid then the Sherpa should be able to attach said mods to the AK-74 as long as the game permits attaching said extraneous mods during the raid ( The original game does not allow certain mods to be attached to the guns during the course of the raid, some modifications can only be attached to guns when the player is viewing his character in the customization screens that players have access to when not taking part in a raid.  So the games previous rules regarding which mods are allowed to be attached to the players guns during raids would also apply to the Sherpa game mode as well)

90 -  rounds of PS ammunition 

Kolpak Riot Helmet level 2

Paca Armor 

MBSS Backpack

AVS or Blackrock Chest Rig

AI-2 Medkit (1 total)

Analgin Painkillers (1 total)

Aseptic bandage (1 total)

I feel the collection of gear listed above would be totally adequate, the supplies are basic yet it would give the Sherpa a fighting chance during the match.  I think the game needs more powerful entities roaming the battlefield.  The inclusion of "bosses" or  deadly adversaries would add a very hectic and fun element to an already intensive situation.  The best experiences that I have had playing this game have included instances in which several players and "scavs" are armed to the teeth with assault rifles and guns that have real stopping power.  I hope my ideas and opinions can help out in some way.  I love this game, I could say that their is a high probability that escape from tarkov could end up being one of, if not the best survival shooters of all time. One complaint that I do have is that I feel the game does need a wider variety of guns, mods, and gear! I feel that it would benefit the game greatly if the developers delivered updates containing new weapons and gear at least twice a month! I know that this is wishful thinking but I would love to see at least 2 new guns every month.  And I know that it takes a lot of work to add new guns because of licensing and design issues but in regards to games in the "shooter" genre the developers must find a way to regularly update the game with new guns and gear in order to keep their large player base happy.  Gamers love new weapons and gear, and if the game designers don't regularly add new content like weapons and gear then the experienced players will grow bored after collecting all the weapons and gear included in the game.  I have already noticed that player numbers are diminishing drastically and when I have watched YOUTUBE streams regarding Escape from Tarkov a regular complaint launched by streamers is that the game developers aren't launching new updates that include new weapons and gear often enough.  I want this game to succeed and grow, I would suggest that the developers make the addition of new guns and gear their top priority when they are deciding the addition of new content.  Don't waste time on designing new Memes or hand gestures that can be used in the game, that crap is funny for a few seconds but after that it doesn't really add anything meaningful to the game.  I just hope the developers don't get distracted trying to implement silly and meaningless "fluff" that doesn't add any real change or dynamic to the game.  I have been a regular gamer for a little over 40 years and I can tell you that the games that have the right priorities always come out on top and have serious staying power. If for some reason one of the developers happen to read this (I doubt any of the developers will read this by the way, I can always hope!) I hope my ideas and suggestions help in some way.  And I do understand that designing a game of this magnitude is extremely difficult and implementing changes and updates is expensive, time consuming, and sometimes frustrating so I do understand that my suggestions include lots of work and making changes like the ones I suggested aren't easy at all.  I don't want to show any disrespect, and I don't want to seem like I am not greatful, I just want to give some advice that I feel would benefit the situation at hand.  Thanks to all those working on this awesome game.  

KAALE

So without trawling through the posts the first page want fully kitted, armoured sherpa runs. Which will make you a very juicy target without the experience keeping the kit will be difficult going 'aggressively loaded' sherpa should be able to guide newer players starting with minimal mess, armour and weapon. Learn how to move with care.   After successfully exiting each map (factory may be the exception) then an AK and lvl 2/3 armour  for a couple of runs. Maybe 1 full run as a graduation. 

leocutino

I think a basic loadout for a map should include one water, one ai2 one bandage, one painkiller, any level one weapon with two preloaded mags and a vest to carry this items. Backpack need not apply they can be found in raid. armor is optional since we don't want to show a new player who will take time to get armor how to cqc a group of scavs, its best to keep the armor out and force more tactical combat and puts the teacher in more level footing with the student. The point of the game for me is hitting loot anyways so not bringing much is going to keep that spark light every time you open a container praying its an upgrade.

Ben1988

For me to sherpa you would have to compensate me, atm i run mp5sd with reapir and a rsass with 3-24 scope, it would be far more motivating if you gave an item that provided loot luck or charisma for traders making the game more enjoyable increases the desire to play it, and to "crack some eggs" while teaching the bambi how the world works, if i am going to compromise myself having him shoot without calling first, or "laying an egg" that blows both of us up it would quickly get expensive.

Making insurance free is also a good idea, making the game less punishing for both trainee and trainer.

Edited by Ben1988

V0rt3X

I think ammo and armor are crucial because with flea market those two things are expensive and hard to obtain

blueshark42

Make a dealer that has Loyalty Levels and is exclusive to Sherpas. It would reset every day and would get loot that you would like or just random stuff BSG thinks is nice. It wouldn't be server sided but client sided. You would jump on it and see what he has to offer for you today and it would be your turn to make the best out of it as in training gear to help people.

blueshark42

I think they should get gear to use to help people, it shouldn't be anything they can make profit off of but something that the trainer could use. They could have Loyalty Levels as in how much people they have trained, rating etc. So people that train real well should get for example 100k / day, and people that just do total nothing should get 20k / day. I trained people already before and one of the best feelings we can get is the appreciation for taking our free time to help someone out and a reward. Doesn't have to be a Tank set that level 40 people use or anything but something to say thank you with.

Maybe we could have golden dog tags or special dog tags you name it.

FrontalLobe
On 1/17/2017 at 3:05 AM, Blackb1rd said:

What kind of gear, in your opinion, should Sherpas receive from Battlestate Games regularly to perform their duties? Weapons, ammunition, medical supplies, maps? Your suggestions are welcome in this topic!

I would say, a choice of rare ammo types that the Sherpa can specify or change.  They need to be at their very best.

SolLeks

I have not read through everything, however this is what I think the free gear for the new player should be like.

A veper 209 with 3 to 5 10 round magazines, a scav vest, 1 to 2 AI2's, 3 or so bandaids and that would be it. They can bring / loot a backpack with the sherpa and as a sherpa I would spring to give them 2 30 round mags for that rifle and teach them to work out of just the 2 mags with a extra 10 rounder as a extreme just in case item.

Teach them to trade up their equipment in raid as well.

I just see the 209 (The .336TKM rounds) as the perfect 'freebie' weapon for this, because anything they find will be a trade up and its not too powerful of a weapon.

Paradoxxxical

In my opinion, EOD gear is a good place to start for balanced gear, since a large amount of players own EOD edition, I think an average rig such as an AVS or Black Rock would be good. Kirasa or MF-Untar would be a decent armor, and 6B helms are good to start with to possibly. I can give my fleshed out thought on this when I have more time, but this is what I can come up with on my commute to work

b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2