Blackb1rd

Sherpas gear

CaptainColon
On 1/17/2017 at 6:05 AM, Blackb1rd said:

What kind of gear, in your opinion, should Sherpas receive from Battlestate Games regularly to perform their duties? Weapons, ammunition, medical supplies, maps? Your suggestions are welcome in this topic!

• A good weapon
  • Good armor, so he can survive most threats and stay alive to teach his students
  • Medkits; good kits (IFAK or Salewa) again so he can stay alive
  • Good ammunition, so he can deal with any threat and protect his charge

Basically give them the tools they need to do their job :)

• Like 1

Rohrkrepierer

Maybe a signature weapon of some sorts? Definitely shouldn't be better or worse than another weapon of its kind that are available to everyone else.

Natalino
12 hours ago, hyphenzz said:

hi

Hi? :benoway:

• Confused 3

PadorianPlays

So nice thought overall probably we all are in the same category when we think about some extra gear for a Sherpa, but to make it not overly powerfull I think it shoud stay arround this:

2-3x Bodyarmour with lvl 4 protection, maybe even with arm part protection.

2-3x Helmets like Kiver maybe with faceshields.

2x extra Gun probably MP5/PP19 or Kedr depending on the choosen faction.

1x AK74N or an M4A1 again depending on the choosen faction. Probably could mix the guns to semi-auto guns so VEPR 136 and ADAR.

Depending on the weapons he gets 2 extra Magazines per Gun + needed ammo to fill them.

Probably a few extra armband to show HE is the Sherpa that this freshling will stick to for easier spotting. But make this really visible the Armbands work a bit meeeeh if you take the wrong coloured one.

Ofcourse some extra meds, most likely IFAK´s due to the fact if you give them Salewas people would turn them in for the first Therapist Mission. So like 5x IFAK, Bandages, Splints, Morphine maybe instead of Painkillers.

To top this thing up a few grenades also maybe just 2-5 something arround this is a huuge bonus I do believe, a mix of them so like 2 RGD-1, 2x  Zaryas and a smokegrenade.

And for the guns he gets be able to put a reddot or scope on it, so like some Holosights or the P1X42+ like Tacical Tula 10k and on the hand of the M4A1 take the carryhandle of and the ironsights infront so it would not block the reddot sight picture.

So overall just my thought where I would think this is not too powerfull or so for a fresh wipe and still be able to help people out.

• Upvote 2

eastcoasteric
On 1/17/2017 at 6:05 AM, Blackb1rd said:

What kind of gear, in your opinion, should Sherpas receive from Battlestate Games regularly to perform their duties? Weapons, ammunition, medical supplies, maps? Your suggestions are welcome in this topic!

A key thing should be a unique (and can't be looted) arm ban. Just like the old Reddit Rescue Squad that DayZ had, where players would wear a white arm band when rescuing/helping someone.

In terms of gear...that's a slippery slope honestly. You can't exactly just hand out free gear as this could be abused in some sort of way.

Allfather

^^^

I like this idea. Sherpas know what they are doing, obviously, and how to get gear. Why should they receive free loot that gives an advantage over other players? Do they have training quotas or something? If not, maybe I will become a Sherpa just to get free gear to use solo.

Edited by Allfather

cyx164651323

I think Sherpa's mission is to help novice players, they don't need too good equipment, they can give drugs to new players who are injured.

budracin88

Had never considered Sherpa getting free gear. Figured they'd just have to earn it.  Interesting concept.  

ManiacFR

i would say 1 fully geared set once a week or something like that ! Im not a sherpa yet, but im already inviting new players from the discord to join me in raids... you know just like me that running a 4-5 man squad is pretty tough! it would be pretty awesome to get some gear for helping them!

Also, as im streaming while playing with them, i would really enjoy being able to give some in game items ! would be awesome if BSG would give us something valuable sometimes to giveaway to our community! New players would definitaly appreciate that!

medicshae

I wish I was good enough to be a sherpa.

• Like 1

AwesomeProDerpy

Honestly It should be decent gear and ONLY to be used when helping other players. The gears should't be special than other players in a way, but it should atleast be able to help new players in a way where it would also be effective.

b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2