Smeggy87

Invisible PMC: Cheater or Bug?

Smeggy87

Yesterday I got killed by an invisible PMC on customs with no visual or audio inclination I was under attack, even after entering a room and closing all the doors. I have submitted a report from the launcher, but unfortunatley could not include video as I wasn't running nVidia Instant Replay at the time. I was wondering if others have had any experiences with this and whether it is most likely a bug or a cheater.

A Breakdown of events:

• I was walking by the wall between repair shop and the road (on repair shop side), and approcahed the hole in the wall
  • Suddenly I took damage without being shot at or hearing anything - both arms blacked out
  • At fist first i thought it was barbed wire (couldn't see any) or a glitch on the map, but then it happened again
  • I retreated behind one of the silos for a quick med fix before deciding to move for better cover
  • I moved into one of the rooms between the silos - I can't remember if i took more damage at this stage or not
  • I then closed the doors on either side of the silos, shutting myself in so if anyone approached they'd have to open the doors (there would have been time for someone to come in but if they did i didn't see or hear them)
  • Again I start taking damage and more blacked out limbs, no gunshots or visible players/ai
  • Finally I start taking more damage and drop dead. The game showed I was killed by someone with a yellow name (I won't name them here) so I know my death was attributed to an irl player

Another thing is I'm pretty sure I've seen this name some weeks back after a suspicous death, but that could be coincidence or me misremembering, or a different player with the same nickname (If that's possible?)

BeatOrTrickss

The game is completly flooded with hackers, spam the forums so they do something about it, it's the only solution. I just made a thread about it.

andycage74

I have the same problem. I'm in a raid with a buddy. My buddy saw me and I didn't see him. It was a bit spooky when he opened doors and it just opened for me without seeing anyone.
And so, a lot of times, I just got killed without any signs.

ShiroAni

This sounds like pretty common desync problem that happens occasionally. If you're desynced you may not see other players but they'll still see you moving and will be able to shoot you. If you started taking damage in complete silence 99/100 it was probably desync. It can be frustrating when it happens many times in a row. The only way to avoid this happening frequently is to make sure you're playing on servers that you have very low ping in.