Blackb1rd

The Escape From Tarkov Sherpa Program

TheNitroExpress

Hope that this is expanded on! Alot of us (Including me) are on the unofficial discord daily trying to lead new players away from getting frustrated with the game and towards playing in a way that makes money and allows them to have fun, Teaching them callouts and about paths and keys.. all that jazz. 

Encouraging players to be kind and guiding to new guys instead of hazing and cruel is incredibly important to drawing in players and not scaring away people who want to be part of this community, but are afraid to even ask questions. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

challenger1911

I've been teaching players the call-outs for spawn locations, helping players loot, telling players where all loot boxes are. Showing points of interest. I've shown players how to hide and how to listen for the enemy while in concealment. I've shown them how to take out a person wearing the 6A vest and Kiver, I've given half of my inventory and weapons to newer players and players who needed help. 

I hope to see a lot of players and new players here in EFT.

Woodsen_Moosen
On 4/28/2017 at 3:51 AM, Sushi said:

I'm guilty of "helping" my friends get into Tarkov too... I've bought three EoDs and a LB so far! I'd love to do this officially. :)

This program isn't for those that have bought other player's way into the game (you spent $465 for other people to play this? Jeez.) The purpose of the Sherpa Program is to identify those who guide new players in the ways of escaping Tarkov. Those who know the best routes, the right gear to take, when to shoot and when to wait. To put it simply, it's for teachers and mentors. Not sponsors.

• Upvote 1

Sushi
10 hours ago, Woodsen_Moosen said:

This program isn't for those that have bought other player's way into the game (you spent $465 for other people to play this? Jeez.) The purpose of the Sherpa Program is to identify those who guide new players in the ways of escaping Tarkov. Those who know the best routes, the right gear to take, when to shoot and when to wait. To put it simply, it's for teachers and mentors. Not sponsors.

I'm aware of that, the buying game copies was a sign I was hopelessly addicted to the game anyway, and helping people learn it seemed cool.

Woodsen_Moosen
1 minute ago, Sushi said:

I'm aware of that, the buying game copies was a sign I was hopelessly addicted to the game anyway, and helping people learn it seemed cool.

The way your original message portrayed it was not in a sense that you wanted to help teach other players, so you can understand why it seemed like you didn't understand the purpose of the Sherpa program.

MadStalker

Well I agree with @Woodsen_Moosen
Keep in mind mates that being a Sherpa will surely go throught an application form, and not this forum.

And for me, I don't think that dev's will chose the Sherpas following how much money you spent, but more with the motivations and the ideas you'll show in the application form.

No doubt that if you are active in the community of your country and noticed by the emmisaries it will help, so try this way.

Last words will be about the Streamers. I really think that being a streamer/youtuber can be a good thing to help people, but remember there will be a lot of ytber/streamers who will make tutos, even not sherpas. I think this game doesn't need more tutos videos but people helping newcomers one by one, and not making some generals videos.

Please men and women, use this post to give some ideas to devs instead of making some marketing ... 

Thx !

Sushi
On 7/8/2017 at 9:02 PM, Woodsen_Moosen said:

The way your original message portrayed it was not in a sense that you wanted to help teach other players, so you can understand why it seemed like you didn't understand the purpose of the Sherpa program.

I don't know why you'd think that, though. A newbie help program is pretty straightforward. There's not a game out there that incentivises buying copies of the game like that... (most games discourage it, honestly.)

Either way though, it'd be something interesting to do, given a lot of the time I've spent in Tarkov so far has been introducing my friends to the mechanics of it.

Edited by Sushi

Woodsen_Moosen
3 hours ago, Sushi said:

I don't know why you'd think that, though. A newbie help program is pretty straightforward. There's not a game out there that incentivises buying copies of the game like that... (most games discourage it, honestly.).

Let me walk you through why I thought your original post was about you being let into the Sherpa Program because you bought several preorders of the game for people.

On 4/28/2017 at 3:51 AM, Sushi said:

I'm guilty of "helping" my friends get into Tarkov too... I've bought three EoDs and a LB so far! I'd love to do this officially. :)

Quoted directly from you above, you stated that you preordered 3 Edge of Darkness editions and 1 Left Behind edition, and then said you'd love to do that officially.

That is why I said this program is about helping people learn to play, not getting them into the game.

Doctor_Killerap

OMG I can't wait I will take the newbies under my wing and teach them my vast knowledge and tactics! cant wait

Sushi
On 7/13/2017 at 4:47 AM, Woodsen_Moosen said:

Let me walk you through why I thought your original post was about you being let into the Sherpa Program because you bought several preorders of the game for people.

Quoted directly from you above, you stated that you preordered 3 Edge of Darkness editions and 1 Left Behind edition, and then said you'd love to do that officially.

That is why I said this program is about helping people learn to play, not getting them into the game.

Ah. Yeah, I see what you mean.

JWhiskey

This is gonna be cool would love to be a trainee since i'm completely green

Ca9ine

This looks very interesing.
I have a mate on here that would indeed fit the Sherpa profile.

Derricks00

ShoSho, is the best at helping others. From what I have seen. Too many  Youtubers shoot on sight, no matter how far away the unarmed player is. 

Shatte

Sounds nice. Just one question, how to be one?

MadStalker
On 27/07/2017 at 1:31 PM, Shatte said:

Sounds nice. Just one question, how to be one?

for now it's not open

derbyblue

Looks very interesting!!!! Looking Forward to it

Brubble

Grand idea! I'll need a sherpa's guidance.

WackoDesperado

so you play with newbies and train them?

Minithekid

I like the idea of this for experienced players to help the new rookies learn the game, and enjoy the game for what it really is. Nothing better than hands on experience too.

noahplayseft

Hello everyone,

I'm a EFT follower since the star with the darkness edition.

I'm french and "leader" of the SPG team (SuperPapiGaming)

If you are french don't hésitate to join us :) https://discord.gg/ZB9JMC9

I'm now starting to stream via twitch and making:

- Special information session about the game

- Training session for beginners

And planned to do more, that's why, i'm replying this topic.

I would like to move forward in this way by supporting player and making streams.

I don't know how to to supply my application for this really good initiative, i'll continu to follow the topic and wait this answer :)

See you guys and have a nice day :)

• Thanks 1

Kenway_Hondo

I've seen this on the forums for some time now and never explored it until today. I like this idea, I look forward to seeing how you guys go about this.

noahplayseft

Hello Blackb1rd,

Any officiel News about sherpa program since  January?

I tried to find some but maybe missed it.

Regards, 

SPG_Superpapi.

V3n0m15

This looks really cool! I really like the fresh ideas that are coming out of this company!

Twick

Sherpa's should just get cosmetic items. If it has to be a special weapon or items it should be even with anything out there. Also none of this "you can't loot it" nonsense. 

Yeamayne

They shouldn't get some op gun. Thats outrageous.  If u think that will fly with the community your very wrong. Cosmetic yes. But some op gun is ridiculous.

b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2