Blackb1rd

The Escape From Tarkov Sherpa Program

SigMaGiiK

I think they deserve something good because they focus to help others, but at the same time would be nice don't enter the Serpha only to get that nice unique stuff they may get as a reward. 

Vitalstatistix

What a fantastic idea. I can't wait to hear more. Motivating experience players to guide rookies into becoming great raiders is such a cool concept.

TheTechnician
On 1/18/2017 at 11:22 PM, Scolio said:

This looks amazing.

Can't wait to hear on how to join.

It does look amazing! 

On 5/4/2017 at 3:02 AM, rickets163 said:

I don't need special gear or title. This is what I do. Even If I don't get accepted into your program ill continue my work. Just wish there was an easier way to communicate. People have to accept my random friend request and then spot the message invite to my discord. Maybe adding a chatroom to escape lobbies could make it easier? or just accept me to your program :)

I hope I get accepted as well. Helping recruits is what we should focus on! Make our community a humble and wholesome one, and more players will want to join!

GibsonRSA

My thoughts on this... Sherpas should be invited, not a title applied for. This will ensure you have real ones and fewer fake ones. Escape from Tarkov is a hardcore FPSMMO, a one of a kind title with the unique ability to immerse players into adrenaline filled timeboxes of tactical gameplay and opportunities to outsmart rivals. It's a competitive game in an unforgiving environment where you're abilities are tested under pressure, something that few games have been able to do. In my experience this is a niece target demographic of gamers who want to play games on insane difficulty almost all the time. This is what this game is capable of and I've experienced it in this way a few times already, during solo and with a select few team mates. I've had raids where this was not experienced at all, and this happened mostly cause I was in the wrong group; the individual in the group wasn't a good fit. This game tests your abilities to lead, communicate, strategize, focus, be patient and stay calm under pressure. Again, it's qualities like these that makes this game stand out and draw a worthwhile playerbase to it.

Ultimately, it's up to the devs whether they want to create a game with a huge playersbase of mixed demographics or a game with a smaller playerbase of more niece players. It's pretty clear how each can be achieved and I've seen the potential for both in this game, but the core features that draw the more niece players do exist and I believe the intentions are there to create a 'no nonsense strategic FPSMMO' with a playerbase that understands what the game is aiming to achieve with the design of it's game mechanics, especially in these early stages.

All this begs me to suggest that the Sherpa program would be exclusive enough to not water down the original gameplay design and the way the game is intended to be played.

ticonus
On 7/9/2017 at 3:25 AM, Woodsen_Moosen said:

This program isn't for those that have bought other player's way into the game (you spent $465 for other people to play this? Jeez.) The purpose of the Sherpa Program is to identify those who guide new players in the ways of escaping Tarkov. Those who know the best routes, the right gear to take, when to shoot and when to wait. To put it simply, it's for teachers and mentors. Not sponsors.

ohhhh it doesnt sound fun and exciting, pity im mainly on discord/YTube/Reddit and not the actual forums : /

AndrewBruno

Is this sherpa program out yet I spend every min of every im in squad minus the couple guys that started our discord. Literally helping every new player wipe entire lobbies helping them with all the quests getting rich and their pmc levels ups work over time irl to help people that cant afford the game and gift it to them send people computer parts so the actually works for it. Most of us out of the 180 plus people and rapidly growing only put out content of us literally helping in every clip and vod from twitch. Ive sent emails asking for help to help me help more people with just a trial key so people can until I get paid again to gift it to them I tell all my customers at work about the game. Im throwing eft themed parties irl for anyone from our server that will be close some are driving in from twi states just talk and bs about eft and drink beer. All my procedes from streaming literally go back the eft community along with more keys to gift the game as more people come into the discord I literally dont know what else a dude can do to get this sherpa role or even a trial key to gift so we can help even more people. Do the devs really think im trying to scam or lie about the work we are putting in working irl to get their game out there and bring in more business and more money? Im willing to bet everything I own that everyone with me trying to help everybody we can has done more for more people interested in this game than any "popular" streamer ever has done for this game. I really hope they arent like help the rich get richer and let poor get poorer type when trying to market and develop this game because then the community is just going to get super toxic. good people like us are going to leave and quit all the work we doing just trying to help the devolpers out. Yes i do understand they are busy open beta soon tm but its still just going to be beta not a full game but not at acknowledging acknowledging people all over the world that spend more time a week helping new players and get more players in eft just feels like a slap in the face. Especially when everyone that should be looking at post like these and the hundreds like is more worried about some baby rager complaining that the new toz shouldn't be one sho headshot from 5ft away or ai scavs shouldnt be so hard and aimbotty when literally mostly every player ive seen fights against them gets lazy about taking cover or being tactical when engaging them. I dont know I see everybody who streams twitch only a couple popular actually only stream because of the live they have for this game but still even then they will eventually move on for  personal gain or just jump from one final released game to next hype beta alpha whatever game will come out after eft which is has been the current meta for personal gain streamers even when I was going in when twitch started blowing up. By all means yes take advantage of meta and marketing strategies to make the most money to make the best game but please dont build this game on top of a balloon just to have all your guys hard work go for nothing a couple years later after release. Great games last by keeping the entire community positive and people dont like to get biting the hook strategies over and over again if the community is already dead and moved on. Just a personal opinion of mine yes im just a pleb yes I dont work for bsg yes yes yes i get it im just a dude that does goes all outthe to help people out that wanna play the same game I love so much. It just seems like people read over these similar posts and just ignore them lately. Just an opinion if im doing any thing by helping or if you guys know of a better way to help then im all ears. If your going to immature if you do reply then thanks I guess I for helping me with one of my topics. :) and no I don't care about Sherpa title or recognition or tac tic cool gear we are simply pouring our hearts and resources into this game trying to help and the best people out there like everyone above aren't really getting much help back from the team and it kinda hurts is basically the moral of this long ass eye bleeder post.

Edited by AndrewBruno
i suck at spelling snd forgetting things...

Icechuck

I've a huge interest in applying for the Sherpa program, assuming it is an applicable program, can't wait to see how it pans out. I do think Sherpas shouldn't get a special item, as that encourages people to just become Sherpa for the gear, not the experience of helping new players. The most they should get is a different uniform instead of the USEC multi-cam or the BEAR black, so people know this guy is a help to the community.

GTB79

I've been showing around new players for around a month now, been successful with about 15 people now.

I would love to know the actual requirements to become a sherpa or to apply at least, I can find the info anywhere.

I would love this goal as I love to teach people about things I know and help them with it.

skypickle

The concept of the Sherpa program has the potential to be a game changer for the whole industry. Essentially, it crowdsources customer support.  You have thousands of people who get in early, learn the game, develop tactics, knowledge, etc.

Sharing this knowledge adds value to the sherpa - it makes him feel better about himself/herself - using knowledge gained in an abstract task to help a real human being who is struggling at the same task. 

Sharing this knowledge helps the company - they don't need to answer customer support calls, deal with forums. They don't need to spend money on that part of the business. It is also a good recruiting tool. They have a pool of knowledgeable users. Also, By hosting a web conference with their sherpas 2x a year, they can get focussed accurate description of issues as well as suggestions that will improve their product (the game). And some of these sherpas might even get paid.

From a pedagogical standpoint it is far superior to the 'production line' approach to information distribution. Schools were modeled on the military - as a way to quickly enable/indoctrinate masses of people to become a workforce. This model is restricted to arithmetic growth - to teach more workers, you need to increase the number or workload of teachers. A peer to peer model (sherpa) allows a geometric progression in the growth of workers. Any workforce trained in this way is far superior in that they acquire knowledge at their own pace, have less frustration, more engagement, etc.

The only alternative to the sherpa program would be the use of AI enabled bots that can respond to simple questions. Imagine if there was a bot that you could query about tactics/strategy/etc. or on a basic level, imagine you want  to start and need some basic advice or a way to figure out where you are on a map.

A hybrid system  is starting to happen in business. A company named zoom for example (https://zoom.ai) has AI enabled bots to interface between customers and real human support as a way to amplify their customer support. I know chatbots have been around forever (remember clippy?) but AI is making them better to the point that Saudi Arabia has now granted citizenship to one.

So, now is anyone interested in helping me in game?

Edited by skypickle
  • Upvote 2

gNecrOz

Good luck fellow escaper's :)

I am training and helping people who get the game in my discord that I help mod as much as possible, I have also been trying to help some of the other streamers that are just getting into the game haha. 

good luck everyone,

Necro

ImEski

How do you join? This sounds awesome

Mautobu

Am I the only one who's noticed that the mag in this PMC's gun will drop when he reloads?

sherpaENG.png

• Upvote 4

Twitchley

Thinking about it, a small idea came to mind when I was looking through the public chat in Tarkov, why don't we have a dedicated Questions and Answers chat that Sherpa's can use to help with community questions?

Someone struggling with modding their gun?

Someone confused with a quest objective? 

They would be able to just drop a message and hopefully get a direct answer. 

hostperl

hii

how can i join this..

NoisyCosmos

Looking back to this. :D

creationz

Woohoo! this will be a fantastic edition to the game. 

many players find it very hard to get started

JP_JAG

Is it yet time to sign up already! I got a feeling this won’t be a thing until the game is fully released at least. 

xXTAKOXx

hi im news in this and i need a group of players to help me improve my gear!!! thanks

Snake-Plissken

Reminds me of Heroes back in the heyday of the Day Z mod. They got a bonus to health for helping other players with theirs. They had a distinctive armor set so people knew not to shoot them on sight. I hope they get something like that.

Vorce

Was wondering if someone would be willing to help me out, seems like every raid i go into i die.  I move slow get killed, move fast get killed.  Dont know what Im doing wrong.  Any and all help is welcome, ingame name is Vorce.

Voseph

That is awesome. I am all about helping new players and love this idea. Count me in. 

Superwutz

.. so is this sherpa stuff dead now?

• Like 1

At0mApple

I like the concept and look forward to see how it is implemented in the game.

Vulpaex

So i would like to know:

What exactly is the job of a sherpa, because i see a lot of people currently going around like: yeah i know a lot of stuff i want to be a sherpa ect. ect.

But what exactly is my job, carrying noobs through a raid or is it really more of a teacher that just taughts you how the game work, aka quest, loot hotspots, fight hotspots, scav hotspots, flea market function, trades, item values ect. ect.

Or is it more about specific combat stuff like: how do you approach a situation, what to look out for like flanking, fow change and zeroing, grenades, sniping, close combat, how to play in a team, roles in a team ect.

Or is the job of a sherpa to just carry someone through a raid because he is not good enough/unlucky enough to get it done alone

Cheers Vulpaex

SolLeks

I imagine it is to carry a noob through a few raids to get them on their feet, to help the noob recognize what they should be looking out for and how to survive in the tarkov world. Show them how to do some of the basics of scav hunting and lurking around the map, as well as supporting them during a firefight with other players.

Doing this just long enough that the noob understand the flow of the raids and can then do them on their own.

b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2