Blackb1rd

The Escape From Tarkov Sherpa Program

DarkPhoenix999

I would love to become a sherpa, but ive never been active on the forums. I am skilled and would love to teach new players how to improve and become better overall. I prefer using cheaper gear like aks, sks, and mosins (mainly because I never have much money) so I believe I would have an advantage over other players because I specialize in those types of loadouts, similar to loadouts newer players will be able to use.

Edited by DarkPhoenix999

symbiote

Very neat idea! I love skill transfering program and increasing overall gaming level.

Edited by symbiote
typos

SadBambi

I'm actually surprised how many of the well known Tarkov streamers ignored the program :)

TheWildRavenZ

is there still no way to edit my discord id tag or like re-apply?

kyle_lasky

Has anyone had a positive experience using the Sherpa program?

How does it work?

McCan

It seems there is no application to become a Sherpa. Can anyone tell me if new sherpa applications are closed? 

Scionti

This is a cool idea. I like it. Makes it more accessible.

KillSwitch0

@Camper252They have a sherpa application where you can apply. 

Back2BaseX

I would like to get Sherpa assistance... Coming back to the game after a few years, so much has changed. I feel completely lost once again. 😛

Pun_I_Sher

ok

GuruChaz

New adult rookie here.   Would love to have a skilled Sherpa get me started right.   Been watching some videos but I think it's time to just get into it.    

GuruChaz

Thanks Shuiy.  I appreciate it.    Also, why does there seem to be more USEC than BEAR?   Is there a reason for that?   Will the server population be that lopsided at launch?   Is there any advantage to be one faction over another?

budracin88

At this time the only real in-game difference between BEAR and USEC is that BEAR wears a black shirt and speaks Russian while the USEC wears greenish/camo and speaks English.  You can re-select your faction at each wipe or if by some chance you decide to reset your profile during a wipe.  Everyone plays together though so as far as getting into raids BEAR / USEC means nothing.  

CelineStarglade

This is all very nice and good, I joined a group once on this game and will never join another one they just killed me as i loaded in and took my stuff.

So I strictly play only with friends won't even ever consider joining someone in a group that I don't personally know or trust.

Sleepyyy
5 minutes ago, CelineStarglade said:

This is all very nice and good, I joined a group once on this game and will never join another one they just killed me as i loaded in and took my stuff.

So I strictly play only with friends won't even ever consider joining someone in a group that I don't personally know or trust.

That has nothing to do with the Sherpa program. You most likely joined a random group invite on lobby and they killed you as soon as you spawned. But then again you shouldn't be accepting random invites from people you don't really know. The Sherpa program is entirely different, its made of handpicked players, trusted and veterans in the game willingly to help newcomers in their times of need.

AuRoRa101XD

can u tell me will the Sherpa application reopen?plz

Sleepyyy
On 3/15/2020 at 5:42 PM, AuRoRa101XD said:

can u tell me will the Sherpa application reopen?plz

There's no date planned yet, but soon. 

• Upvote 1

Harbingerman

Sherpa apps have stopped I think but they dont seem to have many. Best to join a group.

STARG4TE

This is a nice program, however, what is most killing me in the game is not being a newbie but been killed by hackers. You'll need a program of death cam and report first. PUBG did the same mistake. Took too long to act more proactively against cheaters.

Sleepyyy
On 3/20/2020 at 5:58 AM, Harbingerman said:

Sherpa apps have stopped I think but they dont seem to have many. Best to join a group.

We will be re-opening soon and filling in the gaps of inactivity.

On 3/26/2020 at 1:45 AM, STARG4TE said:

This is a nice program, however, what is most killing me in the game is not being a newbie but been killed by hackers. You'll need a program of death cam and report first. PUBG did the same mistake. Took too long to act more proactively against cheaters.

Two different subjects, while the Sherpa program is aimed at helping players understand more about Tarkov, a kill/death cam is something you should suggest to developers (as we are not), even though it has been suggested before.

b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2