Elder_Drake

Old player outtake on state of hackers

Elder_Drake
Posted (edited)

Let me preface by saying I love this game and I do not envy having to play the cat and mouse game with hackers BSG and Battle Eye are fighting, that said let's be honest here and say things are out of control bad. I am sure this has a lot to do with the surge in popularity of the game and that drawing in professional hackers more but still, I am taking a break until this is dealt with. I know BSG is doing their best and have issued some recent massive ban waves but something is going on. Battle Eye is not free for BSG so they need to step their damn game up because I have never seen it this bad since I have owned the title.

A simple Google search will show just how bad it is and I do watch some of these shady forums so I know what to look for and to know my enemy and for the most part there was frustration being voiced, until now where they are bragging openly about how easy they are doing what they are with proof. I also think, no offense intended, but allowing Chinese players onto non Asian servers is a VERY bad thing. Anyone that has played any game with Chinese players (not everyone is bad, I am saying the culture of gamers absolutely is) knows how toxic they are and how they revel in developing hacks either for financial aid or for fun. Serpentza on YouTube has some incredibly eye opening videos on the subject as a Westerner married to a Chinese woman working in Beijing.

I am including a video of just what happened moments ago but we have run into speed hackers, obvious users of radar hacks, and now apparently invisible players. Granted I was playing like garbage as I had just woken up but an awesome way to start the day. lol, please enjoy the ending of the video as I will leave it unedited as my buddy proceeds to wreck me.

EDIT: Video is dark but I only use in game Post Effect and am not on trying to brighten my screen unfairly as I see some do. I also blurred the names on our Discord overlay.

Thoughts other than in reviewing it I was not covering corners or playing as I usually do? We just did a light heartened run to start the day as we all shook cobwebs off and drank coffee.

Edited by Elder_Drake
  • Upvote 1

BeatOrTrickss

Sad bud it got to the point where they clearly show no interest in dealing with the amount of hackers, just because if they ban them instantly, they wont buy another copy of the game.

They let them roam and flood the servers for weeks before banning them, so they can enjoy themselves, and when they get ban, they buy another copy. If they were banned instantly, they wouldn't buy another copy. 

BSG is only in for the money. I should have never bought an EOD version, worst investment i made.

r417

Thinking the same, just have to take a break untill this situation changes, the game is basicly unplayable.

Romac
1 hour ago, BeatOrTrickss said:

I should have never bought an EOD version, worst investment i made.

That sums up how I am feeling now.  Every single game on Reserve ends the same way because there are so many cheaters now.

pudgeprincess7

I am killed by a blatant cheater almost every other raid. I bought EOD today and already feel like it was a waste, because I cannot even play the game. Every raid I go on reserve I get sniped in the head on the first shot from nowhere, or some guy runs straight up to the room I'm in as I have made NO SOUND! They prefire headshot me every time and it's just getting ridiculous. I can't even just imagine it's me playing bad anymore. I try so hard to give them the benefit of the doubt but it's just so obvious now. ducking horrible to see.

• Upvote 1

Crash_Gordon

I agree... TONS of cheaters... wouldn't care, but, I love the game and I did pay $130... soooo....... maybe fix it BattleState.

RyenG
Posted (edited)

Not saying theres not cheaters but between the lag, desync, lack of killcam ect that theres almost NO way for anyone to know if you got killed by a cheater or not. A vet player can pinpoint where you are just from hearing you aim down sights of your weapon. Watch some of the top players, and the stuff they pull off. There are a lot of Radar cheaters I believe but that's about it from my experience. You wont ever get better thinking every death is a hacker and ive played with a bunch of ppl and most always say "hes cheating or hes hacking" after every single death...

Edited by RyenG

ShiroAni

There are definitely hackers in Reserve but whats happening to you looks more like a lagging player or just general desync. I did hear your friend say he was 1 shot by a hatchet which is definitely possible for someone to pull off but unlikely to happen. I'm sorry that happened to you and I hope you don't see any more of it. BSG has done a fantastic job recently dealing with hackers compared to how they did just over a year ago. They recently mentioned they may start requiring SMS verification for accounts soon which would eliminate a large amount of hacking activity.

l_c_2
2 hours ago, ShiroAni said:

There are definitely hackers in Reserve but whats happening to you looks more like a lagging player or just general desync. I did hear your friend say he was 1 shot by a hatchet which is definitely possible for someone to pull off but unlikely to happen. I'm sorry that happened to you and I hope you don't see any more of it. BSG has done a fantastic job recently dealing with hackers compared to how they did just over a year ago. They recently mentioned they may start requiring SMS verification for accounts soon which would eliminate a large amount of hacking activity.

In fact, SMS authentication can not eliminate a large amount of hacking. As far as I know, a large number of hackers are groups selling game money. They are now making money by cheating in EFT. On the premise that EFT can't stop them making money, hackers will not decrease.

ShiroAni

The only way to fully eliminate the hacking problem is to go straight to the source of their funding, the players. 

Zolty47
vor 5 Minuten schrieb ShiroAni:

The only way to fully eliminate the hacking problem is to go straight to the source of their funding, the players. 

The FIR change with Patch 12.6, while I consider it gameplay wise a great addition, that I highly appreciate increased the demand in RMT and so the cheating situation got worse. To deal with it I suggest an safety net system, that reduces the demand of RMT heavily:

A quote from myself actually, sorry:

vor 8 Minuten schrieb ShiroAni:

Feature set supposed to make the game experience more authentic, as an survival game
Gameplay loop principle, at least in my view:
Survive on your own in a locked up warzone. Build your hideout with stuff you can find. You have to go outside to do your objectives as an PMC, regardless were you Usec or Bear. Additionally you have to loot life necessary goods like food, water, medication, toilet paper, ammo, clothing, fuel. Buying is extremely expensive and unreliable to dangerous. Safer keeping distance to anyone else except your , not always, trustworthy faction colleagues. At the end you notice that the contract is not worth risking your life anymore so you plan to make your Escape from Tarkov.

A few necessary changes beforehand to make the new mechanics functional

1.    AI-Scavs treat player scavs as lone wolfs, not part of any warband / gang, shoot on sight
2.    You are always you, be it playing as PMC or Scav, if you play Scav then you are „incognito“, acting outside your contract restrictions.
3.    A Scav band should have a visual part to show them as a team, by wearing same hats, hoodies, bracelets.
4.    A player scav wearing always a yellow jacket/ hoodie or shirt. The main body color should be yellow as a way of fast identification. Also a special voice line, that only a player scav can make. Only then a scav karma system could really work.
5.    Player scavs are all part of 1 warband, call them the yellow jackets and AI-scavs are from another warbands.
6.    Secure container tweak

A.    Timely limited lock against loot,map dependent:

Beginner maps, 7 minutes:
Customs, Factory, (maps like „Town“ or : „Suburbs“ possible)

Core maps, 16 minutes:
Reserve, Interchange, Woods

Big or high value loot maps, 30 minutes:
Shoreline, Labs, Streets of Tarkov
B.    Dog tags cant be put into secure container anymore, reasoning behind it later
C.    The wrist watch, if digital fastly blinks 4 seconds long to signal the secure container unlock, the analogue watch makes an 4 second long pieping sound for that.
D.    Everything that you put into the secure container will loose immediately the „found in raid“ trait, so think twice, if you want to sell it dont put it in. Everything that you can use for yourself is worthy to put it in, things to sell not.
7.    Insurance tweak:

•    Insurance made on an object has to be renewed after 8 raids.
•    Insurance only works for gear you carry during dieing, gear lost if dropped mid-raid, regardless of dieing or extracting without it.
•    Insurance cost is 20 % of the gear worth.
•    Insurance only possible for Wood, Steel and Silver dog tag levels players. Explaination below.
8.    Traders tweaks

•    3  gear payment levels:
A.    For low tier gear -----> Roubles, barter items, Dollar, Euro
B.    For middle tier gear -------> barter items, Dollar, Euro
C.    For top tier gear -------> only barter items
•    Every trader has a barter items list that changes on a weekly basis:
-    This list can contain anything, amount of listed barter items fluctuates between 8 and 14 different items. Guns, gun parts, medical items, different kinds of ammo, visors, clothing, armour, rigs, etc. Just Anything, that can be looted.
-    An object, listed this week by this certain trader as barter item will have 4-times its money worth, if used as barter item. To be used as barter item it also needs to have the icon „found in raid. (Smart looting gets rewarded)
• Top 30 % of guns not on any trader list, found in raid only.
• Top 40 % gun mods found in raid only.
• Top 40 % of armour found in raid only.
• Top 30 % armour piercing ammo found in raid only.
What rich people cant easily buy makes us equal. Examples:
Friendship, trust, love, peace.

9.    Flea market tweaks:

•    No armour above level 3 on flea market.
•    No specifically classified ammo as armour piercing on flea market
•    Generally top 40 % of gear not on flea market
•    No food, water or any medication at flea market, raiding these things is part of the survival gameplay. Otherwise it would just be a glorified loot shooter. Later on explained feature will support this change, so it wont be too harsh.
•    No thermals at flea market, found in raid only
•    Keys and keycards get downgraded, if put on sale at flea market to 15 usages only maximal.
•    Only basic guns on flea market, SMG, MP, shotgun and pistol types.
•    Top 50 % gun modding parts not on flea market, find it in raid only.

For these changes to being ok the spawn rates for food, water, medication and ammo need to be adapted. To be found in authentic places, in bigger quantities per spawn point and spawn rate a bit higher.

Things that rich people cant buy makes us equal.

Main goal in raid will be to survive and to loot useful stuff for yourself instead of making money, loot for yourself and your team. Goal: 80 % looting for gear, 20 % für money.

10.    Safety nets and Crutches, an perspective

Safety net, definition:
A feature, that makes the gameplay not easier by any means, but gives you a second chance after failing.

Example, how a fair safety net could look like:
Existence minimum by 150.000 Roubles complete owned gear worth, all sellables ------> falling underneath this line sets the Scav-wait-timer to 0 minutes. If you playing as Scav and die, then you can immediately start another round. 0-minute-scavs insta heals all after death. Timer gets set to normal as soon as property worth more than 150.000 Roubles.
• Wont influence other players negatively
• Works only for the poor, no exploits
• no bottomless fall, beginners and noobs alike could be asured that that they dont fall out of the gameloop. No less play time, even with bad skills, which is totally ok for normal people, its a hard game to learn after all. So to get gear back no cheating, ratting, hatchling strategies necessary anymore because safety net works fine.
Crutches, definition:
A feature, that gives you ahelping hand making the gameplay easier for you, but this waters down the experience down unavoidablly.
Examples:
Bitcoin farm (profit - access to food&water without risk, although requires some effort to achieve) , fleamarket (easy access to food&water, medication and ammo).
Insurance ( death and losses cut less deep)

These crutches reduce the thrill / excitment factor of this game heavily. Regardless of the intention, crutches do more harm than good. Although the secure container should stay, but in a more limited form. Loosing all the keys at once by death would be too harsh, since they require a long time to collect.

Consider replacing Crutches with Safety nets, so the gameplay itself stays pure survival.
11.    Scav-Play, its role and appeal to players changed, so Scav play will be reconsidered as „Quick Match or „Safety net play“.

A.    Human Scav Players will be treated like PMCs from other AI, human scav players CAN but dont have to play together.
B.    You can influence the spawn time and point into a match in the following way:
1.    By paying 4 SP (Survival skill points) and 100.000 Roubles: You start in the first 10 minutes of a raid.
2.    By paying 5 SP and 150.000 Roubles: Start at the beginning of the raid.
3.    By paying 6 SP and 300.000 Roubles: Start at the beginning of the raid and in the central area of the map.
C.    You can earn SP as a Scav for your PMC as long as your PMC has less than 10 SP. Earning SP as Scav is like with PMC, explained below, but dog tags will grant you just +1 SP each.
D.    As player Scav you can shoot anyone without punishment.
- If you earned as PMC a good amount of SP you can invest it into a better Scav run.

12.    Items in raids can have following tags:
A.    „Found in raid“
B.    „Quest item“
C.    „Barter item“ (weekly changing)
D.    „In Hideout usable“
E.    „Twitch streamer item“

PMC-Survival-Point-System Version 1.8

Purposes:

1.    Skill meter
2.    Leaderboard system
3.    PMC-Life value gets vastly upgraded, reckless playstyles (hatchlings, pistolings, suicidal ones) get downgraded. Survival skill gets measured.
4.    Safety net bound to PMC-SP, so „outplayed“ people get a second chance.
5.    Certain Quests require an minimum skill  (PMC-SP as skill meter)
6.    Higher Skill level (PMC-SP) unlocks access to better gear by traders
7.    To escape from Tarkov, finishing Main Quest line and highest skill level „Escaper“ required.
8.    Keep the player busy / engaged.
9.    A good addition to the feature „found in raid“, gives weaker players more Scav-runs, so fixing the economic situation, no bottomless fall and more frequent plays, no waiting in between matches, even if you were bankrupt, then you will get more scav play.
10.    Reduces the demand of cheats a bit, because in-build safety nets will help people out, legally.

PMC-Survival-point-system (alternatively you might call it PMC-Reputation / Performance system)

••••Since Nikita said that he wants a system that rewards authentic gameplay and punishes „non-authentic“ gameplay like hatchling runs, here a possibility to deal with it, no harsh punishments, but meaningful rewards.••••
Detailed, but not as complicated as you may think.
(Super Mario bros. + Rainbow Six Siege + Donkey Kong 64 Inspirated, but without an hard "Game over!" , hitting 0 SP will have some serious effects, but will also work as a safety net, so it is no punishment, rather more supportive)
Everyone starts with 9 SP for his PMC with the implementation of this feature.
Everything that increases your Survival-points / reputation:
•••A high survival rate means nothing, if you avoid any risk and accomplish nothing, like finding basic items like food, water, ammo, medication, barter items. So with this system LP get only granted for some deeds, which you choose to do is up to you. •••

1. Gaining SP through looting

•••SP could only be granted if you extract at least 10 minutes after raid has started.•••

•••Applies to all following points: all items need to be „found in raid“, if you want gaining SP with it.•••

A. +1 SP, if raid survived and 14 kg loot extracted (for all next points: found in raid loot rule, and no „run through raid status“) PvP will be rewarded by the system too, but differently

B. +2 SP, if raid survived and  24 kg loot extracted

C. +3 SP, if raid survived and 42 kg loot extracted

D. + 1 SP, extracting with at least 1 of following items (wont stack):
•    A twitch streamer barter item, „found in raid“
•    Ash-12, M4, 416, MP9, M1911, golden TT („found in raid“ or raider scav boss equippment)

E. + 1 SP, extracting with 1 food item & 1 drink item, pair of food + drink
---> + 2 SP, extracting with 2 pair of food & drink items
---> + 3 SP, extracting with 4 pair of food & drink items

F. + 1 SP, extracting with 3 „found in raid“ medical items.
---> + 2 SP, extracting with 8 „found in raid“ medical items.

G. + 1 SP, if you collected and extract with more than 150 bullet rounds „found in raid“ from small ammo boxes / cases or magazines, regardless the type of ammo.
---> + 2 SP, if you collected at least 210 bullet rounds „found in raid“ and extract with it, same as above.

Example: + 3 SP (42 kg loot) + 3 SP (3 dog tags, below your rank and below platinum) + 2 SP (2 pairs of food+water) + 1 SP (150 rounds etc.) + 1 SP (twitch streamer barter item) = 10 SP

H. + 1 SP, if extracting with at least 3 „in hide-out usable“ and „found in raid‘ items.
---> + 2 SP, if extracting with at least 8 „in hide-out usable“ and „found in raid“ items.
Of course you are not obligated

to extract always with at least with 14 kg, if your 5 kg of loot for example are worth more than 2 mils, then good luck. Also there are multiple ways to earn SP, you should have always have a good reason to go out and indanger your PMC Life, life is a precious thing, way more worth than your gear.

Good reasons to go out of your hideout:
1. Need of water and food
2. Need for equippment for hideout
3. Contract objective of Bear / Usec
4. Medication
5. Ammo and other consumable-like gear
6. Etc..feel free to complete the list.

Binding the system to loot weight and amount, not money worth, is way more easier to code since the weight numbers dont change. So this may be a flaw of the system, but possibly an unavoidable one.

2. Gaining SP through PvP (and best way loosing it)

••••••Rule change: Dog tags not allowed in Secure container anymore•••••

A. +1 SP If killing a player + extracting with the dead players dog tag (dog tags cant be put into secure container and teammates dog tag does not count).  Extracting with 4 earned dog tags  means + 4 SP. Its enough to extract with the dog tag, not necessary to be the killer.
Extra boni: +1 SP for Platinum dog tag, + 2 SP for VIP dog tag, +3 SP for ELITE dog tag, +4 SP for „Escaper“ dog tag.
These rewards you will get regardless of your own rank, but dont forget loot the dog tag and extract alive with it!

B. If PMC has 0 SP, then not allowed to play as PMC, for now. You can not have negative SP. SP restore in following ways, Read on.

C. If PMC has 0 SP, then Scav-wait-timer is set to 0 minutes. A 0-minute Scav always wears a red sweat shirt / hoodie. After death 0 minute Scav insta heals, another Scav run immediately possible.

•••••Scav-wait-timer is also set to 0, if your total stash + property worth is less than 150.000 Rubel, but Scav runs can only earn SP as long as your SP are below 10 points.••••

D. If you survive as a "0 minute" Scav, then your PMC gets +1 SP, Scav-wait-timer will get set back to normal (if also more than 150.000 Rubel gear worth).

E. If your PMC hits 0 SP he will get automatically + 3 SP after 24 hours, but only if he is still by 0 SP after these 24 hours (If you werent able to survive even once as a 0-Minute Scav)

F. If your PMC has 0 SP, then your Hideout crafting capabilities, your bitcoin farm are „frozen“, until your PMC gets at least 1 SP again.

G. If you kill somebody who is in a 30 meter distance to an extract point and being more than 25 minutes into a match you wont get any SP through this kill, the dog tag extraction.

H. If you kill sb who is closer than 30 meters to an extract point, as long as match time has not crossed the 25 minutes line, then you get +3 SP bonus points, dog tag extraction mandatory as usual, shot guy looses -3 SP. Killing extract campers gets a bonus, shooting fast extracters too! (Proper coding of this zone needed)

2. All ways loosing SP

A. A disconnect from a match will cost you automatically 2 SP.(Only if servers would finally work fine)

B.  Suicide will cost you 3 SP. (Dying from fall damage and grenades)

C. - 1 SP, if PMC dies in raid. Special situations later on explained.
An Platinum player will loose 1 extra SP, VIP - 2 extra SP, ELITE - 3 extra SP, Escaper – 4 extra SP by dieing in raid.
These ranks are supposed to have  a high  survival rate + well done matches.

D. Teamkill will cost you 2 SP, (squad play, teammates dog tags have no „SP“ value)

E. If you got killed by an PMC with a lower rank, then the difference between your ranks determines the SP loss:

Ranking:

Wood = 0
Steel = 1
Silver = 2
Gold = 3
Platinum = 4
VIP = 5
ELITE = 6
Escaper = 7

Equation example:
You: Escaper got shot by a Woodie:
- 1 SP PMC death – 4 SP Escaper death – 1 SP headshot - (Escaper rank 7 - Wood rank 0) - 1 SP (shot in the first 10 Minutes of the Match) = - 14 SP
So PvP becomes more risky if you have higher reputation / SP.

F. If you got killed from an AI-Scav, Scav-Boss bodyguard  or Raiders then you loose extra SP, accordingly to your Dog tag level:
SP dependent dog-tags and death via AI:

Wood dog tag for < 5 SP, looses no extra SP through AI death

Steel dog tag for < 14 SP., looses no extra SP through AI death

Silver dog tag for < 25 SP., Extras: Scav = - 1 SP, Raider =  0 SP, Scav-boss & bodyguard = 0 SP

Gold dog tag for < 42 SP, Extras: Scav = - 2 SP, Raider = -1 SP, Scav-boss & bodyguard = - 1 SP

Platinum dog tag for < 60 SP, Extras: Scav = - 3 SP, Raider = -2 SP, Scav-boss & bodyguard = - 1 SP

VIP dog tag for < 80 SP, Extras: Scav = - 4 SP, Raider = - 2 SP, Scav-boss & bodyguard = - 2 SP

ELITE dog tag =< 100 SP, Extras: Scav = - 5 SP, Raider = - 3 SP, Scav-boss & bodyguard =  - 3 SP

"Escaper" dog tag for > 100 SP, Extras: Scav = - 6 SP, Raider = - 4 SP, Scav-boss & bodyguard = - 3 SP

•••Easy for the low level players, but a challenge to go up the top ranks.•••

G. If you die because of dehydration or energy depletion then you loose 1 additional SP, but afterwards your hydration and energy get set back to 100.

H. Once a week your PMC looses 2 SP, but that can NOT be reduced underneath 12 SP in this way.

I. If you die through a headshot you loose 1 additional SP, regardless of the shooters identity.

J. If you extract, after Match-timer has ended you cant earn SP for your Match actions anymore.

Some equippment from traders only for sale if you have at least 14 SP as PMC. 
Almost every rank level (Silver, Gold, Plantinum, VIP, ELITE, ESCAPER) unlocks better gear, clothings, etc.for sale, here could get BSG highly creative.
Earn SP / reputation by certain amounts of loot, extracting with food+water, or by successful PvP, dont forget collecting the dog tags!
VIP-status for all PMC, that have >= than 60 SP. Get access to VIP restricted goods by traders. Highest trader level required too.
SP dependent dog-tags:
Wood dog tag for < 5 SP.
Steel dog tag for < 14 SP.
Silver dog tag for < 25 SP.
Gold dog tag for < 42 SP.
Platinum dog tag for < 60 SP.
VIP dog tag for < 80 SP.
ELITE dog tag =< 100 SP.
"Escaper" dog tag for > 100 SP. (There is no SP limit, try to be the best „Escaper“!)1
•••••BSG developers have always their own special version of ID cards, above the Usec or Bear symbol is BSG in golden lines and pitch black background.••••

SP dependent dog-tags and their benefits, only for PMC:
Caution: Effects of lower levels also count for upper ones (Wood and Steel effects are an exception)
 • Wood dog tag for < 5 SP, effects:
a)    Scav-Timer 30 % shorter (Wood level only)

• Steel dog tag for < 14 SP, effects:
a)    Scav-Timer 20 % shorter (Steel level only)

• Silver dog tag for < 25 SP, effects:
A.    + 10 % search speed in crates etc. (This and all following boni account also for the upper levels and stack)

• Gold dog tag for < 42 SP, effects:
A.    + 7.5 % more stamina, both, leg and arm stamina

• Platinum dog tag for < 60 SP, effects:
A.    + 10 % breath holding time
B.    + 10 % jump length

• VIP dog tag for < 80 SP, effects:
A.    – 10 % less movement noise
B.    + 10 % jump height

• ELITE dog tag =< 100 SP, effects:
A.    + 10 % more loot spawn in crates etc., if searched first by you. (Gets replaced on next level)
B.    + 10 % chance finding rare items in loot crates.(gets replaced on next level)
C.    Scav-Boss always spawns in your match.

• "Escaper" dog tag for > 100 SP, effects:
A.    + 15 % chance finding rare items in loot crates.
B.    + 15 % more loot spawn in crates etc., if searched first by you.
D.    Trader goods 15 % cheaper.

After match we should get an screen, which shows us the progress in SP. How much we got or lost this match.
Performance gets evaluated also with words from poor, low, ok, decent, impressive.
SP are mostly granted for surviving + looting, boni for important loot are given. PvP gets rewarded too.
At least we loose gear with "death", but with enough money you dont feel the loss at all. The PMC-SP-system will guide you into an more survivalistic kind of mindset, your skills should improve faster.

If out of luck, then you get the 0-minute scav play that will finance your first 2 PMC runs after getting some SP for your PMC.

14. Radio (faction specific, BEAR and USEC have their own radio each)
 Can tell you some basic information about your match:
•    If some Platinum, VIP or Escaper level players are in your match, called „heavily armoured and dangerous / notorious PMCs“ and his or their position every ten minutes, only the building / area, (60 meter for Platinum / 40 meter for VIP / 30 Meter for Escaper )radius precise call out. (For the end game, a bit of extra challenge for the best players)
•    Raider spawn.
•    Scav-Boss sightings.
•    Player Population.
•    Scav-Respawns.
•    Player scav spawn, but not the area.
•    (first 15 minutes only) if sb is closer to an extract point than 40 meters. For Factory and Labs special rules, only called out if closer than 15 meters to extract point / inside extract rooms.
•    PMC squad position, 60 meter radius precise call outs. (Extra challenge)
•    Spawn of special / very rare loot, 50 meter precise call out, first with dynamic loot spawn system.
Information is random, every 5 minutes an info bite.

15. Stepless weight system

Lets increase debuffs slowly in a more natural way with every extra pound / 500 gramm.

• Like 1

NigelSmith

It's the worst I've ever known it too. It seems every other death right now people have a magical sixth sense to knowing your location. I have died countless times trying to get away from players that know exactly my every movement. It doesn't matter what you do, they will get you. It happened this morning on my first raid, it happened yesterday on my last raid before I quit for the day. 

Encrypting packets would make a huge change immediately. Also, making it so expensive items if taken into raid can't be dropped from a player to another player would slow down IRL transfers too. It would screw the legit players, but it would hurt the cheaters more. 

5 hours ago, ShiroAni said:

They recently mentioned they may start requiring SMS verification for accounts soon which would eliminate a large amount of hacking activity.

This needs to happen soon. But, in some countries you can buy pay as you go sims really easily.

• Upvote 1

Vindsvept

I agree completely. I have been playing for well over 2 years now and it has gotten even worse then before BE was implemented. I absolutely regret my EOD purchase that I made back then now, big time. I have the feeling this will be the end of Tarkov, especially with the recent 'found in raid' changes made, wich just was a desperate attempt to fight off cheaters, but kicked the cheater-hornet nests even harder.

• Like 2

Zolty47
Gerade eben schrieb Vindsvept:

I agree completely. I have been playing for well over 2 years now and it has gotten even worse then before BE was implemented. I absolutely regret my EOD purchase that I made back then now, big time. I have the feeling this will be the end of Tarkov, especially with the recent 'found in raid' changes made, wich just was a desperate attempt to fight off cheaters, but kicked the cheater-hornet nests even harder.

Its harder to make money legally ---> more people fail into bankruptsy ---> cheating increased in demand

We need a safety net system that keeps beginners from falling to hard rock bottom.

Look at my long post please. Made up some ideas, may look complex, but I asure you, it will be necessary.

So more hardcore wont lead into more cheating demand because game mechanics, a safety net system will help people out.

• Like 1

Vindsvept
2 minutes ago, Zolty47 said:

Its harder to make money legally ---> more people fail into bankruptsy ---> cheating increased in demand

We need a safety net system that keeps beginners from falling to hard rock bottom.

Look at my long post please. Made up some ideas, may look complex, but I asure you, it will be necessary.

So more hardcore wont lead into more cheating demand because game mechanics, a safety net system will help people out.

Although I appreciate the list (sifted through it a bit) BSG won't be taking those forms. All suggestions haven't even been replied to and since the cheating problem has been persisting for months now, I highly doubt they'll be able to make the better of it, aside making systemchanges that severely punishes legit players. Found a red keycard, stashed it and got killed by a cheater afterwards. Now I got a useless red keycard, because I don't even play Labs due to the high amount of cheaters.

RainmakerM4

Ive done 26 raids died only 3 times, 1 is due to friendly fire. I got slick armors, fast mts, reap termals, sa 58s, m4s etc. Etc. Etc. 

Is the game really harder?

Zolty47
Posted (edited)
vor 19 Minuten schrieb RainmakerM4:

Ive done 26 raids died only 3 times, 1 is due to friendly fire. I got slick armors, fast mts, reap termals, sa 58s, m4s etc. Etc. Etc. 

Its harder because of the FIR feature and secure container tweak for sure.

Surviving is not harder by any means through these changes, but making money is. So if you mainly relied on the secure container on making money and not survival / extracting with loot, then you feel the changes very harshly.

Luckily I concentrated always on improving my survival skills to make money, not on the secure container, like it should be in an survival game.

Edited by Zolty47

Musashii89

Yeah this game has gone to poo, and very quikcly

Barangolo
1 hour ago, ShiroAni said:

Partly, yes. But players are motivated differently than hackers, who may be using their hacks for RMT.

Cheaters exist partly because of players who do not know fairplay (as they are otherwise weak players) and partly due to external criminals, who literally make money on making hacks and selling them or by cheating to sell in-game currency outside the game (RMT). While of course hackers serve the interest of cheating players in both cases (so both when they sell hacks, as well as when they cheat in-game to sell the money to players IRL), the approach is different in these two cases of how to prevent them: regular players may not buy cheats anymore when BSG implements measures that makes these senseless or too much hassle or not worth the money. So different treatment is needed, but both are based on poor game mechanics, that allow the one group to cheat, while motivating the other to make IRL money on cheats. If the core mechanics of the game would be remedied, the cheating would die down to a minimum. I will try to explain what I mean by that.

The game has core mechanics that make it unique, which is mainly the "extraction" model and the "stash"-based economy, to finance your raids. These mechanics stand in stark contrast to most other games, where there is minimal consequence of loosing a single raid, for example BR games like PUBG. In PUBG, you enter a game and survive (or not), but at the end of the game everyone starts with a clean slate. Even DayZ that is pursuing realism, does not have endless progression when your character dies, even after having kitted him out and kept alive for a long time. Sure, there are base build games like Rust but resources are plentiful and rather simplistic, nothing of the sort of Tarkov.

In most games there is no stash that needs to be maintained to have better equipment for your next raids, so amassing value is not something that will make someone feel superior and make ALL raids easier and "more enjoyable". EFT however is all about your stash value and superiority you gain from it. That's why many players are racing to the endgame from day one, as they know that every step they get ahead of others, they will win more fights through better equipment, which will accelerate their progress even more and this rush creates a very competitive time sink for most and a feeling of "being left out" if you do not pick up this fast pace. Only a very few (like the streamer Smoke) do not need to rush themselves, because they are excellent players by definition and will even win with inferior gear. For the other 99% however the pressure is high. Cheats therefore are a much greater pull for the weaker players or those who hate to lose, than in any other game.

These core mechanics are inherent to BSG's concept and therefore BSG will always be attracting more cheaters among its player base than other games. The only way BSG can battle unfair gameplay is by either changing the original concept (which they should not, as it is what makes the game exciting) or by changing the mechanics along the concept. This is what they have been attempting during the past 2 wipes with changes like no more weapons in the SC and the FIR changes now, clearly with poor results to deter cheaters unfrotunately, even if the FIR change itself is not necessarily a bad move to eliminate market manipulation.

The other group is the ones that make the cheats and make money with it. They are not frustrated or have interest in being good at the game or compensating for some lack of self confidence or some narcissistic need for dominance. They are rational in why they do it: to make money. Since the gaming industry is more than accepting cheating as long as it does not hurt their financial interest (and for many, it does not) or costs them more than their profits, hackers have a lot of room to move and a very willing community of weak players that are willing to spend good money on cheating others.

To stop this group from making hacks, to make in-game money to sell IRL or to sell the hacks to cheaters, it is not enough to stop regular players from being motivated to cheat. You also need to stop hackers from being motivated to make the hacks for RMT. This double-issue makes it difficult for BSG to bring proper measures.

What is core at the issue however, is the IMBALANCE in the game. Imbalance meaning the huge gap in odds of survival for solo vs squad, in thermal vs no thermal, in noob vs veteran. These imbalances lead to a huge playerbase that is frustrated and many of these resort to illegal practices for not having to suffer through the game they paid good money for. If these imbalances were sighted, the need of players to cheat would also diminish and give less room for hackers to sell their hacks or farm for RMT.

I am convinced that the real issue at the core of the huge number of cheaters is this imbalance and the stubbornness of BSG to stick to not just their vision, but also specific mechanics that keep this imbalance. They do not care about frustrated players, as they are blinded by their vision of what the game should become, but they forget that the playerbase cannot be dreamt up as sheep following this path. Most players have lives beside Tarkov and at some point they will either stop playing out of frustration or resort to cheats. The "biting through" mentality in such a demanding game does not work for long before people get fed up.

So the solution would be to finally make the game more enjoyable to most players. The motto "Tarkov is not meant to be fun" is to be changed once and for all. If this vision prevails, Tarkov will bleed out from lack of new players and therefore lack of financing ongoing costs.

• Upvote 1

Barangolo
7 hours ago, Zolty47 said:

I admit I am normally interested in new concepts and like writing long myself :D but can you please summarize the core aspects of your suggestions? Tweaking is a very difficult thing to do as everything relates to everything else, so there need to be major guidelines. Are there some major bulletpoint-wise suggestions that you are making, that will alter the core mechanics?

DiBBz

ive been playing the game since 2018. it took me a while to grasp the game and after many rage quit sessions and cheater interactions its by far the worst its ever been.

even before 12.6 cheaters where not all that common at least for me anyways. but as of 12.6 i have like 20 records so far of confirmed cheaters. and ive uploaded more videos to my youtube in that past week and a half than i have in 3+ years and 80% of that content is cheater reports. and i still haven't got around to trimming down the other files.

tarkov is a game where you need to constantly be paying attention. otherwise youre only risking yourself, imho it cant be casually played because surviving especially with friends is the soul purpose for me of ultimate enjoyment. pvp is additional enjoyment.

cheaters and server issues like desync and what not need to cracked down hard. because not only am i finding that at least half of the raids have players just lagging all over the place or rubber banding AKA (most likely china players) but desync and hitreg issues widely fluctuate from tolerable to holy poo... stuff like that especially if its happening every raid which sadly it is for ALOT of people just ruins players interest.

we want to play the game and we want to enjoy the game but the server issues and cheating bring us to the brink were a choice has to be made. quit and leave it for a couple months orrr try your best getting a refund.

Barangolo
7 hours ago, RainmakerM4 said:

You are clearly trolling us or just showing off bragging rights ;) Hats off, you have my respect, though I would normally not brag and put "friendly fire" in the same sentence, as that clearly means that your progress is not solely your doing.. I have been watching streamers with a lot more skill than many players and corresponding progress speed, but even they do not have such sublime results when they play solo. We all know that playing in squads is half the win for so many reasons.

Your question also does not stand in relation to the matter at hand: cheaters are usually not that stupid to erase squads, as that almost immediately proves they are cheating and the ban follows faster. Just look at some recent videos when a team of 5 gets onetapped in a few seconds by the same guy, do you think that he will keep his account for long? Whereas if I sneak in the bushes at Customs, Woods or Shoreline and get onetapped, I may not even think it was a cheater but it may as well be a thermal. In addition I do not share frustration with friends or the community, so most goes under the radar.

So to answer your question: yeah, it is harder. Yes, mainly because of cheaters. Don't take our word for it: just look at BSG's tweet that adds up to over 8700+ accounts banned since the wipe, just over a week..

Over 1000 DAILY bans, go figure.

RainmakerM4

Ofcourse they dont they suck with around 50% sr.

Today I got dropped by first aimbotter this patch. Killed the mood completely.

Zolty47
Posted (edited)
Am 6.6.2020 um 18:36 schrieb Barangolo:

Partly, yes. But players are motivated differently than hackers, who may be using their hacks for RMT.

Cheaters exist partly because of players who do not know fairplay (as they are otherwise weak players) and partly due to external criminals, who literally make money on making hacks and selling them or by cheating to sell in-game currency outside the game (RMT). While of course hackers serve the interest of cheating players in both cases (so both when they sell hacks, as well as when they cheat in-game to sell the money to players IRL), the approach is different in these two cases of how to prevent them: regular players may not buy cheats anymore when BSG implements measures that makes these senseless or too much hassle or not worth the money. So different treatment is needed, but both are based on poor game mechanics, that allow the one group to cheat, while motivating the other to make IRL money on cheats. If the core mechanics of the game would be remedied, the cheating would die down to a minimum. I will try to explain what I mean by that.

The game has core mechanics that make it unique, which is mainly the "extraction" model and the "stash"-based economy, to finance your raids. These mechanics stand in stark contrast to most other games, where there is minimal consequence of loosing a single raid, for example BR games like PUBG. In PUBG, you enter a game and survive (or not), but at the end of the game everyone starts with a clean slate. Even DayZ that is pursuing realism, does not have endless progression when your character dies, even after having kitted him out and kept alive for a long time. Sure, there are base build games like Rust but resources are plentiful and rather simplistic, nothing of the sort of Tarkov.

In most games there is no stash that needs to be maintained to have better equipment for your next raids, so amassing value is not something that will make someone feel superior and make ALL raids easier and "more enjoyable". EFT however is all about your stash value and superiority you gain from it. That's why many players are racing to the endgame from day one, as they know that every step they get ahead of others, they will win more fights through better equipment, which will accelerate their progress even more and this rush creates a very competitive time sink for most and a feeling of "being left out" if you do not pick up this fast pace. Only a very few (like the streamer Smoke) do not need to rush themselves, because they are excellent players by definition and will even win with inferior gear. For the other 99% however the pressure is high. Cheats therefore are a much greater pull for the weaker players or those who hate to lose, than in any other game.

These core mechanics are inherent to BSG's concept and therefore BSG will always be attracting more cheaters among its player base than other games. The only way BSG can battle unfair gameplay is by either changing the original concept (which they should not, as it is what makes the game exciting) or by changing the mechanics along the concept. This is what they have been attempting during the past 2 wipes with changes like no more weapons in the SC and the FIR changes now, clearly with poor results to deter cheaters unfrotunately, even if the FIR change itself is not necessarily a bad move to eliminate market manipulation.

The other group is the ones that make the cheats and make money with it. They are not frustrated or have interest in being good at the game or compensating for some lack of self confidence or some narcissistic need for dominance. They are rational in why they do it: to make money. Since the gaming industry is more than accepting cheating as long as it does not hurt their financial interest (and for many, it does not) or costs them more than their profits, hackers have a lot of room to move and a very willing community of weak players that are willing to spend good money on cheating others.

To stop this group from making hacks, to make in-game money to sell IRL or to sell the hacks to cheaters, it is not enough to stop regular players from being motivated to cheat. You also need to stop hackers from being motivated to make the hacks for RMT. This double-issue makes it difficult for BSG to bring proper measures.

What is core at the issue however, is the IMBALANCE in the game. Imbalance meaning the huge gap in odds of survival for solo vs squad, in thermal vs no thermal, in noob vs veteran. ....SHORTENED.....

A fine post, so I quote myself, since I made about possible solutions.

2 safety net systems, which make the game NOT easier but way more forgiving.

One safety net system is also a skill meter and progression system on the same time, called PMC-Survival-point-system, short:

Surviving a raid (and doing certain deeds) lets increase your Survival points, dieing lets decrease it.

If you have 0 SP, then not allowed to play as PMC, but Scav-wait-timer is set to 0 minutes. As long as you cant survive as this 0 Minute Scav the timer stays 0. So unlimited trys.

The details about this system in the quote. It shouldnt have any loop holes.

Increasing your SP will grant you rewards and a better rank. The progression system will also treat high rank players differently in comparison to low rank players. It gives every skill level an appropriate challenge. So through this, 2 safety nets and changes to flea market, traders and the role of Scav play should decrease the demand of cheating.

Tweaks to insurance, secure container and flea market that compliment the 2 safety net systems greatly.

More hardcore game, but also more forgiving.

Seems to an impossible task, but give it a read please.

Am 6.6.2020 um 09:54 schrieb Zolty47:

Feature set supposed to make the game experience more authentic, as an survival game
Gameplay loop principle, at least in my view:

Survive on your own in a locked up warzone. Build your hideout with stuff you can find. You have to go outside to do your objectives as an PMC, regardless were you Usec or Bear. Additionally you have to loot life necessary goods like food, water, medication, toilet paper, ammo, clothing, fuel. Buying is extremely expensive and unreliable to dangerous. Safer keeping distance to anyone else except your , not always, trustworthy faction colleagues. At the end you notice that the contract is not worth risking your life anymore so you plan to make your Escape from Tarkov.

A few necessary changes beforehand to make the new mechanics functional

1.    AI-Scavs treat player scavs as lone wolfs, not part of any warband / gang, shoot on sight
2.    You are always you, be it playing as PMC or Scav, if you play Scav then you are „incognito“, acting outside your contract restrictions.
3.    A Scav band should have a visual part to show them as a team, by wearing same hats, hoodies, bracelets.
4.    A player scav wearing always a yellow jacket/ hoodie or shirt. The main body color should be yellow as a way of fast identification. Also a special voice line, that only a player scav can make. Only then a scav karma system could really work.

5.    Player scavs are all part of 1 warband, call them the yellow jackets and AI-scavs are from another warbands.

6.    Secure container tweak:

A.    Timely limited lock against loot, map dependent:

Beginner maps, 7 minutes:
Customs, Factory, (maps like „Town“ or : „Suburbs“ possible)

Core maps, 16 minutes:
Reserve, Interchange, Woods

Big or high value loot maps, 30 minutes:
Shoreline, Labs, Streets of Tarkov
B.    Dog tags cant be put into secure container anymore, reasoning behind it later
C.    The wrist watch, if digital fastly blinks 4 seconds long to signal the secure container unlock, the analogue watch makes an 4 second long pieping sound for that.
D.    Everything that you put into the secure container will loose immediately the „found in raid“ trait, so think twice, if you want to sell it dont put it in. Everything that you can use for yourself is worthy to put it in, things to sell not.

7.    Insurance tweak:

•    Insurance made on an object has to be renewed after 8 raids.
•    Insurance only works for gear you carry during dieing, gear lost if dropped mid-raid, regardless of dieing or extracting without it.
•    Insurance cost is 20 % of the gear worth.
•    Insurance only possible for Wood, Steel and Silver dog tag levels players. Explaination below.

8.    Traders tweaks

•    3  gear payment levels:
A.    For low tier gear -----> Roubles, barter items, Dollar, Euro
B.    For middle tier gear -------> barter items, Dollar, Euro
C.    For top tier gear -------> only barter items
•    Every trader has a barter items list that changes on a weekly basis:
-    This list can contain anything, amount of listed barter items fluctuates between 8 and 14 different items. Guns, gun parts, medical items, different kinds of ammo, visors, clothing, armour, rigs, etc. Just Anything, that can be looted.
-    An object, listed this week by this certain trader as barter item will have 4-times its money worth, if used as barter item. To be used as barter item it also needs to have the icon „found in raid. (Smart looting gets rewarded)
• Top 30 % of guns not on any trader list, found in raid only.
• Top 40 % gun mods found in raid only.
• Top 40 % of armour found in raid only.
• Top 30 % armour piercing ammo found in raid only.
What rich people cant easily buy makes us equal. Examples:
Friendship, trust, love, peace.

9.    Flea market tweaks:

•    No armour above level 3 on flea market.
•    No specifically classified ammo as armour piercing on flea market
•    Generally top 40 % of gear not on flea market
•    No food, water or any medication at flea market, raiding these things is part of the survival gameplay. Otherwise it would just be a glorified loot shooter. Later on explained feature will support this change, so it wont be too harsh.
•    No thermals at flea market, found in raid only
•    Keys and keycards get downgraded, if put on sale at flea market to 15 usages only maximal.
•    Only basic guns on flea market, SMG, MP, shotgun and pistol types.
•    Top 50 % gun modding parts not on flea market, find it in raid only.

For these changes to being ok the spawn rates for food, water, medication and ammo need to be adapted. To be found in authentic places, in bigger quantities per spawn point and spawn rate a bit higher.

Things that rich people cant buy makes us equal.

Main goal in raid will be to survive and to loot useful stuff for yourself instead of making money, loot for yourself and your team. Goal: 80 % looting for gear, 20 % for money.

10.    Safety nets and Crutches, an perspective

Safety net, definition:
A feature, that makes the gameplay not easier by any means, but gives you a second chance after failing.

Example, how a fair safety net could look like:
Existence minimum by 150.000 Roubles complete owned gear worth, all sellables ------> falling underneath this line sets the Scav-wait-timer to 0 minutes. If you playing as Scav and die, then you can immediately start another round. 0-minute-scavs insta heals all after death. Timer gets set to normal as soon as property worth more than 150.000 Roubles.
• Wont influence other players negatively
• Works only for the poor, no exploits
• no bottomless fall, beginners and noobs alike could be asured that that they dont fall out of the gameloop. No less play time, even with bad skills, which is totally ok for normal people, its a hard game to learn after all. So to get gear back no cheating, ratting, hatchling strategies necessary anymore because safety net works fine.

Crutches, definition:

A feature, that gives you a helping hand making the gameplay easier for you, but this waters down the experience down unavoidablly.
Examples:
Bitcoin farm (profit ---> access to food&water without risk, although requires some effort to achieve) , fleamarket (easy access to food&water, medication and ammo).
Insurance ( death and losses cut less deep)

These crutches reduce the thrill / excitment factor of this game heavily. Regardless of the intention, crutches do more harm than good. Although the secure container should stay, but in a more limited form. Loosing all the keys at once by death would be too harsh, since they require a long time to collect.

Consider replacing Crutches with Safety nets, so the gameplay itself stays pure survival.

11.    Scav-Play, its role and appeal to players changed, so Scav play will be reconsidered as „Quick Match or „Safety net play“:

A.    Human Scav Players will be treated like PMCs from other AI, human scav players CAN but dont have to play together.
B.    You can influence the spawn time and point into a match in the following way:
1.    By paying 4 SP (Survival skill points) and 100.000 Roubles: You start in the first 10 minutes of a raid.
2.    By paying 5 SP and 150.000 Roubles: Start at the beginning of the raid.
3.    By paying 6 SP and 300.000 Roubles: Start at the beginning of the raid and in the central area of the map.
C.    You can earn SP as a Scav for your PMC as long as your PMC has less than 10 SP. Earning SP as Scav is like with PMC, explained below, but dog tags will grant you just +1 SP each.
D.    As player Scav you can shoot anyone without punishment.
- If you earned as PMC a good amount of SP you can invest it into a better Scav run.

12.    Items in raids can have following tags:
A.    „Found in raid“
B.    „Quest item“
C.    „Barter item“ (weekly changing)
D.    „In Hideout usable“
E.    „Twitch streamer item“

PMC-Survival-Point-System Version 1.8

Purposes:

1.    Skill meter
2.    Leaderboard system
3.    PMC-Life value gets vastly upgraded, reckless playstyles (hatchlings, pistolings, suicidal ones) get downgraded. Survival skill gets measured.
4.    Safety net bound to PMC-SP, so „outplayed“ people get a second chance.
5.    Certain Quests require an minimum skill  (PMC-SP as skill meter)
6.    Higher Skill level (PMC-SP) unlocks access to better gear by traders
7.    To escape from Tarkov, finishing Main Quest line and highest skill level „Escaper“ required.
8.    Keep the player busy / engaged.
9.    A good addition to the feature „found in raid“, gives weaker players more Scav-runs, so fixing the economic situation, no bottomless fall and more frequent plays, no waiting in between matches, even if you were bankrupt, then you will get more scav play.
10.    Reduces the demand of cheats a bit, because in-build safety nets will help people out, legally.

PMC-Survival-point-system (alternatively you might call it PMC-Reputation / Performance system)

••••Since Nikita said that he wants a system that rewards authentic gameplay and punishes „non-authentic“ gameplay like hatchling runs, here a possibility to deal with it, no harsh punishments, but meaningful rewards.••••
Detailed, but not as complicated as you may think.
(Super Mario bros. + Rainbow Six Siege + Donkey Kong 64 Inspirated, but without an hard "Game over!" , hitting 0 SP will have some serious effects, but will also work as a safety net, so it is no punishment, rather more supportive)
Everyone starts with 9 SP for his PMC with the implementation of this feature.
Everything that increases your Survival-points / reputation:
•••A high survival rate means nothing, if you avoid any risk and accomplish nothing, like finding basic items like food, water, ammo, medication, barter items. So with this system LP get only granted for some deeds, which you choose to do is up to you. •••

1. Gaining SP through looting

•••SP could only be granted if you extract at least 10 minutes after raid has started.•••

•••Applies to all following points: all items need to be „found in raid“, if you want gaining SP with it.•••

A. +1 SP, if raid survived and 14 kg loot extracted (for all next points: found in raid loot rule, and no „run through raid status“) PvP will be rewarded by the system too, but differently

B. +2 SP, if raid survived and  24 kg loot extracted

C. +3 SP, if raid survived and 42 kg loot extracted

D. + 1 SP, extracting with at least 1 of following items (wont stack):
•    A twitch streamer barter item, „found in raid“
•    Ash-12, M4, 416, MP9, M1911, golden TT („found in raid“ or raider scav boss equippment)

E. + 1 SP, extracting with 1 food item & 1 drink item, pair of food + drink
---> + 2 SP, extracting with 2 pair of food & drink items
---> + 3 SP, extracting with 4 pair of food & drink items

F. + 1 SP, extracting with 3 „found in raid“ medical items.
---> + 2 SP, extracting with 8 „found in raid“ medical items.

G. + 1 SP, if you collected and extract with more than 150 bullet rounds „found in raid“ from small ammo boxes / cases or magazines, regardless the type of ammo.
---> + 2 SP, if you collected at least 210 bullet rounds „found in raid“ and extract with it, same as above.

Example: + 3 SP (42 kg loot) + 3 SP (3 dog tags, below your rank and below platinum) + 2 SP (2 pairs of food+water) + 1 SP (150 rounds etc.) + 1 SP (twitch streamer barter item) = 10 SP

H. + 1 SP, if extracting with at least 3 „in hide-out usable“ and „found in raid‘ items.
---> + 2 SP, if extracting with at least 8 „in hide-out usable“ and „found in raid“ items.
Of course you are not obligated

to extract always with at least with 14 kg, if your 5 kg of loot for example are worth more than 2 mils, then good luck. Also there are multiple ways to earn SP, you should have always have a good reason to go out and indanger your PMC Life, life is a precious thing, way more worth than your gear.

Good reasons to go out of your hideout:
1. Need of water and food
2. Need for equippment for hideout
3. Contract objective of Bear / Usec
4. Medication
5. Ammo and other consumable-like gear
6. Etc..feel free to complete the list.

Binding the system to loot weight and amount, not money worth, is way more easier to code since the weight numbers dont change. So this may be a flaw of the system, but possibly an unavoidable one.

2. Gaining SP through PvP (and best way loosing it)

••••••Rule change: Dog tags not allowed in Secure container anymore•••••

A. +1 SP If killing a player + extracting with the dead players dog tag (dog tags cant be put into secure container and teammates dog tag does not count).  Extracting with 4 earned dog tags  means + 4 SP. Its enough to extract with the dog tag, not necessary to be the killer.
Extra boni: +1 SP for Platinum dog tag, + 2 SP for VIP dog tag, +3 SP for ELITE dog tag, +4 SP for „Escaper“ dog tag.
These rewards you will get regardless of your own rank, but dont forget loot the dog tag and extract alive with it!

B. If PMC has 0 SP, then not allowed to play as PMC, for now. You can not have negative SP. SP restore in following ways, Read on.

C. If PMC has 0 SP, then Scav-wait-timer is set to 0 minutes. A 0-minute Scav always wears a red sweat shirt / hoodie. After death 0 minute Scav insta heals, another Scav run immediately possible.

•••••Scav-wait-timer is also set to 0, if your total stash + property worth is less than 150.000 Rubel, but Scav runs can only earn SP as long as your SP are below 10 points.••••

D. If you survive as a "0 minute" Scav, then your PMC gets +1 SP, Scav-wait-timer will get set back to normal (if also more than 150.000 Rubel gear worth).

E. If your PMC hits 0 SP he will get automatically + 3 SP after 24 hours, but only if he is still by 0 SP after these 24 hours (If you werent able to survive even once as a 0-Minute Scav)

F. If your PMC has 0 SP, then your Hideout crafting capabilities, your bitcoin farm are „frozen“, until your PMC gets at least 1 SP again.

G. If you kill somebody who is in a 30 meter distance to an extract point and being more than 25 minutes into a match you wont get any SP through this kill, the dog tag extraction.

H. If you kill sb who is closer than 30 meters to an extract point, as long as match time has not crossed the 25 minutes line, then you get +3 SP bonus points, dog tag extraction mandatory as usual, shot guy looses -3 SP. Killing extract campers gets a bonus, shooting fast extracters too! (Proper coding of this zone needed)

2. All ways loosing SP

A. A disconnect from a match will cost you automatically 2 SP.(Only if servers would finally work fine)

B.  Suicide will cost you 3 SP. (Dying from fall damage and grenades)

C. - 1 SP, if PMC dies in raid. Special situations later on explained.
An Platinum player will loose 1 extra SP, VIP - 2 extra SP, ELITE - 3 extra SP, Escaper – 4 extra SP by dieing in raid.
These ranks are supposed to have  a high  survival rate + well done matches.

D. Teamkill will cost you 2 SP, (squad play, teammates dog tags have no „SP“ value)

E. If you got killed by an PMC with a lower rank, then the difference between your ranks determines the SP loss:

Ranking:

Wood = 0
Steel = 1
Silver = 2
Gold = 3
Platinum = 4
VIP = 5
ELITE = 6
Escaper = 7

Equation example:
You: Escaper got shot by a Woodie:
- 1 SP PMC death – 4 SP Escaper death – 1 SP headshot - (Escaper rank 7 - Wood rank 0) - 1 SP (shot in the first 10 Minutes of the Match) = - 14 SP
So PvP becomes more risky if you have higher reputation / SP.

F. If you got killed from an AI-Scav, Scav-Boss bodyguard  or Raiders then you loose extra SP, accordingly to your Dog tag level:
SP dependent dog-tags and death via AI:

Wood dog tag for < 5 SP, looses no extra SP through AI death

Steel dog tag for < 14 SP., looses no extra SP through AI death

Silver dog tag for < 25 SP., Extras: Scav = - 1 SP, Raider =  0 SP, Scav-boss & bodyguard = 0 SP

Gold dog tag for < 42 SP, Extras: Scav = - 2 SP, Raider = -1 SP, Scav-boss & bodyguard = - 1 SP

Platinum dog tag for < 60 SP, Extras: Scav = - 3 SP, Raider = -2 SP, Scav-boss & bodyguard = - 1 SP

VIP dog tag for < 80 SP, Extras: Scav = - 4 SP, Raider = - 2 SP, Scav-boss & bodyguard = - 2 SP

ELITE dog tag =< 100 SP, Extras: Scav = - 5 SP, Raider = - 3 SP, Scav-boss & bodyguard =  - 3 SP

"Escaper" dog tag for > 100 SP, Extras: Scav = - 6 SP, Raider = - 4 SP, Scav-boss & bodyguard = - 3 SP

•••Easy for the low level players, but a challenge to go up the top ranks.•••

G. If you die because of dehydration or energy depletion then you loose 1 additional SP, but afterwards your hydration and energy get set back to 100.

H. Once a week your PMC looses 2 SP, but that can NOT be reduced underneath 12 SP in this way.

I. If you die through a headshot you loose 1 additional SP, regardless of the shooters identity.

J. If you extract, after Match-timer has ended you cant earn SP for your Match actions anymore.

Some equippment from traders only for sale if you have at least 14 SP as PMC. 
Almost every rank level (Silver, Gold, Plantinum, VIP, ELITE, ESCAPER) unlocks better gear, clothings, etc.for sale, here could get BSG highly creative.
Earn SP / reputation by certain amounts of loot, extracting with food+water, or by successful PvP, dont forget collecting the dog tags!
VIP-status for all PMC, that have >= than 60 SP. Get access to VIP restricted goods by traders. Highest trader level required too.
SP dependent dog-tags:
Wood dog tag for < 5 SP.
Steel dog tag for < 14 SP.
Silver dog tag for < 25 SP.
Gold dog tag for < 42 SP.
Platinum dog tag for < 60 SP.
VIP dog tag for < 80 SP.
ELITE dog tag =< 100 SP.
"Escaper" dog tag for > 100 SP. (There is no SP limit, try to be the best „Escaper“!)1
•••••BSG developers have always their own special version of ID cards, above the Usec or Bear symbol is BSG in golden lines and pitch black background.••••

SP dependent dog-tags and their benefits, only for PMC:
Caution: Effects of lower levels also count for upper ones (Wood and Steel effects are an exception)
 • Wood dog tag for < 5 SP, effects:
a)    Scav-Timer 30 % shorter (Wood level only)

• Steel dog tag for < 14 SP, effects:
a)    Scav-Timer 20 % shorter (Steel level only)

• Silver dog tag for < 25 SP, effects:
A.    + 10 % search speed in crates etc. (This and all following boni account also for the upper levels and stack)

• Gold dog tag for < 42 SP, effects:
A.    + 7.5 % more stamina, both, leg and arm stamina

• Platinum dog tag for < 60 SP, effects:
A.    + 10 % breath holding time
B.    + 10 % jump length

• VIP dog tag for < 80 SP, effects:
A.    – 10 % less movement noise
B.    + 10 % jump height

• ELITE dog tag =< 100 SP, effects:
A.    + 10 % more loot spawn in crates etc., if searched first by you. (Gets replaced on next level)
B.    + 10 % chance finding rare items in loot crates.(gets replaced on next level)

• "Escaper" dog tag for > 100 SP, effects:
A.    + 15 % chance finding rare items in loot crates.
B.    + 15 % more loot spawn in crates etc., if searched first by you.
D.    Trader goods 15 % cheaper.

After match we should get an screen, which shows us the progress in SP. How much we got or lost this match.
Performance gets evaluated also with words from poor, low, ok, decent, impressive.
SP are mostly granted for surviving + looting, boni for important loot are given. PvP gets rewarded too.
At least we loose gear with "death", but with enough money you dont feel the loss at all. The PMC-SP-system will guide you into an more survivalistic kind of mindset, your skills should improve faster.

If out of luck, then you get the 0-minute scav play that will finance your first 2 PMC runs after getting some SP for your PMC.

14. Radio (faction specific, BEAR and USEC have their own radio each)

Can tell you some basic information about your match:
•    If some Platinum, VIP or Escaper level players are in your match, called „heavily armoured and dangerous / notorious PMCs“ and his or their position every ten minutes, only the building / area, (60 meter for Platinum / 40 meter for VIP / 30 Meter for Escaper )radius precise call out. (For the end game, a bit of extra challenge for the best players)
•    Raider spawn.
•    Scav-Boss sightings.
•    Player Population.
•    Scav-Respawns.
•    Player scav spawn, but not the area.
•    (first 15 minutes only) if sb is closer to an extract point than 40 meters. For Factory and Labs special rules, only called out if closer than 15 meters to extract point / inside extract rooms.
•    PMC squad position, 60 meter radius precise call outs. (Extra challenge)
•    Spawn of special / very rare loot, 50 meter precise call out, first with dynamic loot spawn system.
Information is random, every 5 minutes an info bite.

15. Stepless weight system

Lets increase debuffs slowly in a more natural way with every extra pound / 500 gramm.

Edited by Zolty47

traumacode

There's some really good suggestions in this thread - I hope BSG comes across it.  I especially like the survival point system/perk suggestions.