toggle

Reluctant to post, needs to be said.

toggle

I cant believe of all the things I would do, I would stoop down as low as to go to the forum and vent my frustration with the game and its current setting.
Through battlestate's war on hackers, trying to implement features that would supposedly "kill" hackers and real money transactions, they have somehow managed to make it worse.
I cant be the only one who thinks that both the lack of loot spawns, and the found in raid changes are complete trash that will eventually ruin the games success.

Please, hear me out and allow me to explain.
I might be your average adult playing this game, I work a salary job in construction so I have limited hours to play the game during the week and weekend. I love this game so much that i devot as much time as I can into the game, sometimes even sacrificing well nights rest before work for more time with the boys in tarkov. When a guy like me plays the new changes, I cant sav 1000 times, im not a streamer or some kid with no school during the summer or a college spring break. But I am a good player, so the few times I clear maps, I get garbage loot from raiders(tx-15s over m4s with warmage) and zero loot spawns in all the maps I play, and trust me, ive hit 75 mark rooms across reserve and customs and not once found anything more than a money case or holodink.
So what does a player like me do? find new income streams, the only good income i can get is by looting stashes around maps. But that has effectively KILLED my enjoyment with the game, and it got me to post here when I have been killed several times in my scav raids by other scav players who were camping the stashes because they too know its the new "hot spots" for loot.
Your stupid system forces players like me who have money, to go to places like ebay, and purchase rubles, which perpetuates the whole hacker economy. the very thing you sought to destroy, made it stronger. but you also made the game boring.

I used to run reserve in 5 mans, run through buildings doing a lot of CQB with drum mags, obliterating anything and moving from building to building, now I dont see any worth in going to the mark room, the drop down room at school, or anywhere else for that matter in 100 raids I found 1 graphics card and in 50raids i found 1 ledex, if you die with those loot spawns the loot becomes almost worthless. Personally, i dont care if people hachet run maps, or hack in labs, I know that you will never get rid of hackers forever but as long as you keep banning them the game is still bearable with a 50% chance of hackers. this game is not fun looting stashes around the map, its not fun dieing with good ass loot in my gamma after clearing the map to some playerscav with a mosin and now i cant sell that poo on the flea to make up for the loss you created. Last whipe, my frustration(along with streamer summit1g) was the amount of scavs on reserve. you can do 50minutes of work, killing everryone and die to a scav who got lucky with raider equip or a mosin, and ive been on the scav end killing juiced players, its stupid.

Reserve should be like labs, except you shouldnt have to buy a card everytime you want to play it, maybe make an unlimited key, make a quest to unlock it, make it unscavable, bring back the loot in areas where we want to fight for said loot. if hachets are so much of an issue, then dont randomize spawns, garuntee the same distance to the mark room for everryone on the map. garuntee the distance to hot spot loot is the same for everyone spawning and dont spawn players beside each other. now people will have the same amount of time to reach loot, and still have fun killing each other. quit killing the tarkov game, I already have a tough time getting my life friends to play this poo and you keep making it worse.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 6

Hamm
Posted (edited)

ya but they dont care if youre a casual player. theyve already stated this game isnt for casual players. They want this game to basically a game for streamers and people without jobs. it sucks, they have something good here, but they are ruining it quickly. 

It could be like heres a vote, Majority dont want this changed or majority want it changed, but it doesnt matter, It just matters about what X streamer wants done and it will be done. 

Edited by Hamm
  • Like 1

Musashii89
Posted (edited)

Not a fan of your suggestion, but i agree this game is now trash. You cant keep hardcore gamers around when BSGs balance is just throwing fat kids off a building onto alternating ends of a see saw. Basically now just hackers and campers. Not enough rewards around for run and gun.

Same games are made with a focus on the experience, others focus made to make money.

Edited by Musashii89
Cause i ducking wnated to
  • Like 1

Overkill_Reaper

Just play the game to have fun with your friends dude. Who cares about how much fictional money you can or can’t make in a video game..? 

• Like 3

CaliburxZero
6 hours ago, Overkill_Reaper said:

Just play the game to have fun with your friends dude. Who cares about how much fictional money you can or can’t make in a video game..? 

I didn't realize that just because its a video game people aren't allowed to care or shouldn't when it provided them entertainment value that is now ruined by very moronic decisions made by the game and its developers.

I mean if that's the logic and the game doesn't matter on how much money you can make, can I have all your stuff in it?  No?  lol.

• Like 1

ThatGuy2119
6 hours ago, Overkill_Reaper said:

Making money = having fun for most other people. in the form of gear.

Making money= upgrades for the hide out

Making money= better keys

learning to farm in tarkov is one of the biggest things next to ton of things for tarkov.

Im with the OP on  this. He is an older player like me and doesn't post often either. I see the point he is trying to  make. They nerfed  the loot across most maps. Shoreline rooms(my money maker) has minimal loot now. I already have all my keys but its going to take  a long time to make back the money. I guess thats kind of good so I dont have a huge edge on other players in the form of money. This FIR thing blows. It hurts tasks more then anything.  

If they wanted to prolong the wipes then they could have added something once someone hit lvl 50 they could restart and have something as a reward = stash worth.   

Before this wipe I wouldnt care if I was killed by a hacker on labs because I would have back up gear stacked because I know it would happen. This wipe getting back up gear costs WAY to much even with traders. Most items went up in price! Every wipe hackers come back.This isnt new. They are trying to make money and right now is the biggest time for them.  

Overkill_Reaper
On 6/7/2020 at 6:15 AM, CaliburxZero said:

I didn't realize that just because its a video game people aren't allowed to care or shouldn't when it provided them entertainment value that is now ruined by very moronic decisions made by the game and its developers.

I mean if that's the logic and the game doesn't matter on how much money you can make, can I have all your stuff in it?  No?  lol.

It’s totally fine if you or anyone else cares about making money or stacking up loot. 
I only suggested what I suggested because  the OP seemed stressed out about it. Idk lol 

CaliburxZero
19 hours ago, Overkill_Reaper said:

It’s totally fine if you or anyone else cares about making money or stacking up loot. 
I only suggested what I suggested because  the OP seemed stressed out about it. Idk lol 

Well, yeah.  He's clearly a guy who has responsibilities and doesn't have alot of time to play.  You know, like most people.  And when he does sit down, he wants to enjoy himself.  Playing tarkov and progressing at a decent rate requires a huge time investment.  Only the sweaty tryhards of this game or people stuck inside like myself can go far.

SGT_PsyOp

I'm completely stuck- Wife and I just had a baby so I was unable to play for a few days. Now, I'm so under geared and I have no money I can't compete- Trying to buy things from the flea is insane because every single item needed for Hideout or to complete a gunsmith task is outrageous - 500K roubles for a part of the 133 shotgun! My time is limited and I can't even enjoy the game now. I feel like missing just a couple of days since wipe has forced me to be stuck for a considerable amount of time due to the new FIR system. I do everything I can to not be found and still die. Last wipe I had 45% survival rating- Today alone I died 7 consecutives raids and I'm now at 31% survival rating and any gear I was able to stuff in my gamma is worthless because I can't sell it.

toggle
On 6/8/2020 at 7:12 PM, Overkill_Reaper said:

Money is everything in this game, if you want to enjoy labs, you need money to enter(200,000ruble a raid) and with the chance of a hacker,  you only run enough good gear that can get you through killing some raiders. If you die to hackers, you lose a lot of money, but lets say you dont die to hackers, lets say you clear maps and are a decent player. what happens when you dont find any good loot after clearing the map, there were zero graphics cards, lions, led exs, sicc and weapons cases and now with the most recent patches, old loot you could count on like fuel conditioners have become almost useless to farm. I'm sitting on 73mil ruble stash value right now, everything in hideout is max level except bitcoin farm. I'm level 37 and you would think i would have had 6 weapons cases found in mark rooms by now but no, ive even heard they took that out of the game. I dont know why people are so consumed with the progression of the game. only streamers who play the game for long lengths get through to kappa and get bored of the game. i havent completed all my quests, I dont focus on quests, I focus on pvp, but pvp is not fun when you kill a mosin scav and get nothing in return, theres no reward there for me but its very rewarding for them to drop a alyn/ghzel juicy boy.  you know you are going to die and lose gear, so you need a positive return on raid loot to upkeep the amount you know you are going to lose. In its current state, the looting is trash, therefore you feel as if you are in a constant negative loot gain. I had to turn the game into a chore, a grind, just to get to where im at, and I came to the realization that it wasnt fun getting to where im at now quite like it was last wipe. I fear the game is only going to get worse from here.

• Upvote 1

Kthelmir
20 minutes ago, toggle said:

Money is everything in this game, if you want to enjoy labs, you need money to enter(200,000ruble a raid) and with the chance of a hacker,  you only run enough good gear that can get you through killing some raiders. If you die to hackers, you lose a lot of money, but lets say you dont die to hackers, lets say you clear maps and are a decent player. what happens when you dont find any good loot after clearing the map, there were zero graphics cards, lions, led exs, sicc and weapons cases and now with the most recent patches, old loot you could count on like fuel conditioners have become almost useless to farm. I'm sitting on 73mil ruble stash value right now, everything in hideout is max level except bitcoin farm. I'm level 37 and you would think i would have had 6 weapons cases found in mark rooms by now but no, ive even heard they took that out of the game. I dont know why people are so consumed with the progression of the game. only streamers who play the game for long lengths get through to kappa and get bored of the game. i havent completed all my quests, I dont focus on quests, I focus on pvp, but pvp is not fun when you kill a mosin scav and get nothing in return, theres no reward there for me but its very rewarding for them to drop a alyn/ghzel juicy boy.  you know you are going to die and lose gear, so you need a positive return on raid loot to upkeep the amount you know you are going to lose. In its current state, the looting is trash, therefore you feel as if you are in a constant negative loot gain. I had to turn the game into a chore, a grind, just to get to where im at, and I came to the realization that it wasnt fun getting to where im at now quite like it was last wipe. I fear the game is only going to get worse from here.

This! I had 500 Million Rubels last wipe + 250k ish Dollars and tens of thousands of Euros. Noone is asking to be able to amount that kind of cash again, but this wipe i cannot even motivate myself to play the game. First of the last wipe was ways to early for the changes they introduced and with the current way they are cutting into the economy there is literally no motivation to play the game any more unless you can dedicate 8-10 hours a day. PVP is completely devalued to a point that shooting at someone makes you a net loss. Fielding any kind of gear is a massive investment and for what ? Fielding gear actively cuts into your possible gains. The best strategy right now is literally to get a Mosin or a SKS and camp the poo out of one area (idealy a exit) of a map and then go loot some stuff in the last 10 minutes of the raid and extract. 

I am no stranger to camping but good god i have never looked at it as a main playstyle like i have now. 

• Confused 1

RainmakerM4

Its not games fault you suck at it. Is it?

Adapt... or dont.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5
  • Upvote 1

Kthelmir
5 minutes ago, RainmakerM4 said:

Adapt... or dont.

In what way does OP suck at the game? Is it the fact that he is a working man with a family to care for that makes him suck? 

• Upvote 1

Cypherdrene
4 minutes ago, RainmakerM4 said:

Adapt... or dont.

does it really matter how good you are if a hacker happens to be in your raid and is out for blood?

On 6/6/2020 at 3:40 PM, toggle said:

There's a lot of **** that can be said about BSG, past and present. Hackers is just one of them.

toggle
3 hours ago, RainmakerM4 said:

Adapt... or dont.

how do you adapt to hackers? I just died in a 5man raid everyone shot in head/eyes by a chinese looking name that was a sentence long. he had zero armor, just an SKS. a teamate said he headshotted him while not even looking at him in the face, he managed to be behind the guy and still died head and eyes. if you die enough times in raid with expensive gear, it fucks everything up. so the only way to combat that, is to make more money on loot, but when raids are in a negative on loot, you essentially are dependent on playing a different playstyle, one that is more like a chore. that is where the game becomes boring for players who are actually devot fans of the game.
Youll never 100% get rid of hackers, and not everyone will do good at the game, even with experience some people just suck. if the progression is too fast, everyone is making too much money, what point is it to buy rubles if everyone can get lots of rubles? do you see what im saying now? hackers will always be here, they will always farm us if we decide to get into a raid with good gear, the game will never be fun losing good gear to hackers over and over, but if the return on loot is good, i dont care if you struggle to ban all the hackers because I can simply afford to get good gear every raid anyhow. progression is for people who dont have working lives.

Zyfer
4 hours ago, RainmakerM4 said:

Adapt... or dont.

Shouldnt you be on reddit?

• Upvote 2

xLostAndDamnedx
Posted (edited)

You guys never tried to play as a scav on reserve? One successful raid and you get 500+k without chance of loosing "your" gear

lvl 15 and I have 11kk and 20k usd,you just do it wrong people

Edited by xLostAndDamnedx
  • Like 1

RainmakerM4

You can never adapt to cheaters but its soooooo easy to get irrelevant money in eft. I am a working man aswell

Cohxrah

I gave up for the night.... 3 aimbots/wallhackers in a row, 3 different maps...

Elder_Drake

The OPs sentiment is echoed from forum thread to forum thread because this is not the game we all remember and it is BSG using a sledgehammer to solve issues instead of coming at issues with more finesse. We have no voice. To have a voice you need a large streamer base and then you can get some idiotic custom item in game and the ear of the team, till then it seems the feeling is keep your opinion(s) to yourself because zero 'F's are given. It is a passive disdain to the very community that loves this game and customers that put up money because they believe in it.

Sucks because everyone I know has stopped playing and that is not a small group of people. Mission accomplished, the game is not 'fun' right now but I keep the faith because we have a ways to go. I hope things change for the better and that I can come back and enjoy the game with friends again.

• Like 1

traumacode

OP I agree with you 100% and the mature way you phrased your concerns was heard.  As a working and family man, I agree with your concerns.  I have unfortunately had to just adjust my goals in this game - come home from work, play an hour or 2, ruin some streamer or no life's day by killing them and stealing their gear, and forego getting quests done, maximizing my stash, "farming" items, etc.

Keep in mind that this game is far from done - one day RMT and hackers will hopefully be better controlled and the game will have a more intertwined open world with slower progression and more focus on just playing the game rather than doing mindless quests and racing to progress to getting a kappa container.

WaterproofTowel

One thing you need top understand about EFT is that is that it is about loss and gain. 

You will never be number one because that is a myth. To be 1st in anything is to be untouchable to the mob. 
But in EFT, most people can run a mosin and cap you ass in one shot. Such is life.

In EFT, you will never make it to the top 10.
This because it is EFT, you are never meant to be the top. 

• Like 1

toggle
Posted (edited)
On 7/11/2020 at 5:21 AM, WaterproofTowel said:

One thing you need top understand about EFT is that is that it is about loss and gain. 

You will never be number one because that is a myth. To be 1st in anything is to be untouchable to the mob. 
But in EFT, most people can run a mosin and cap you ass in one shot. Such is life.

In EFT, you will never make it to the top 10.
This because it is EFT, you are never meant to be the top. 

I don't understand what this implies or who it was directed towards, no working individual is interested in becoming top 10, 100, or even 1000. there just not enough time to invest.

Edited by toggle
grammar missed

Na0cho

First off op stop 5 manning and crying you aren’t getting loot. 

go solo. 

im 41. Work 40-60 hours a week I have kids etc etc. 

during the week I’m lucky to get in a couple hours a day. usually I only get a raid or two in. 

weekends I stay up late. 

my hideout is done and I’m a few quests away from kappa. 

money is still so easy to get it’s unreal. 

you are doing something wrong. Period. 

also you say you have little time to play but have hit marked room 80 times since wipe?  Seems a decent amount to me.  

I haven’t hit marked room even 1/8 of that and I’ve see. 2 weapons cases a holodilnik and a sicc case (before it was removed from the loot table). Rng is rng when it comes to that. 

as someone above said, adapt. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

toggle
2 hours ago, Na0cho said:

First off op stop 5 manning and crying you aren’t getting loot. 

as someone above said, adapt. 

I have a stash value of 73mil and my hideout is complete, progression means nothing to me. its not about how easy it is to climb kappa, a leaderboard, or the hideout. its about having fun, and nobody I used to play with thinks this game is fun anymore. I'm having trouble myself playing the game because it feels more like a chore.