Thunderpawz

Hit Reg 12.6 Question

Thunderpawz
Posted (edited)

As a player who wants to improve, I always look first at what I am doing wrong before blaming anything else. But I swear to god, this whole time in 12.6 I have been getting what I have to assume is terrible hit reg. It has happened to me 3 times today alone. And I am experienced enough in the game (~900hrs) to finally say that in some cases I didn't do anything wrong. Last encounter in Interchange, I was at 50 meters from two guys with my AK-105 with Igolnik. I shoot a guy standing still in the chest 5 times and he seems to drop down, I spray the second guy down in the chest too. After I die to a grenade, I had 2 hits, no kills, 0 absorbed by armor. My aim was good, the distance was short enough to forget about bullet drop, the first guy was standing still and I was tapping him, and their armors were not a factor. Also, I was on EU servers playing from EU, ping around 60 with no variations/latency.

The reason I am writing this post is not so much to vent as to raise awareness to what seems like a big issue to me. I am also looking to see if other people here experience this type of desync, and lastly to see if there is a fix to this. Maybe some servers are bugged? Maybe something else. I just can't seem to get my hits in and I die when I really shouldn't. 

Thank you.

Edited by Thunderpawz

symbiote
9 minutes ago, Thunderpawz said:

Hit reg wasn't perfect before, but in this patch...I experienced couple cases, and the couple just like you :) hit a guy from 4 meters with full auto, 27 shots was registered, none hit the body :D might be bug, might be cheaters who knows at this point....

Also, something wrong with ammo damage....

blackned198

Something is definetely wrong. It just doesnt feel right...

schubbey
vor 42 Minuten schrieb Thunderpawz:

Igolnik

the increased recoil isnt worth it :D

vor 44 Minuten schrieb Thunderpawz:

Maybe some servers are bugged?

tapped a guy on his chest on customs from the roof of trailer park watching him opening the door, single taps with ps, he freaked out didnt know what to do...i died to him staring at me doing a single tap, told me i landed 2 shots while using single shot from 37 shots - same situation some raids later i kill him with 3/3 shots

not sure if its some weird ping fake or desync or whatever, but at this point i could admit some servers dont function correctly

Clydefrosch
vor 4 Minuten schrieb schubbey:

not sure if its some weird ping fake or desync or whatever, but at this point i could admit some servers dont function correctly

My friends and I expierienced the same. As it happens with bots, too I guess it`s the servers. Had bots sucking 5 and more hits with LPS GZH to head/thorax before going down (without wearing any armor)

DeadToothRights
Posted (edited)

I been seeing a lot of problems the past couple of weeks now. I just had a game as my PMC on shoreline where a group of two PMC's walked right next to me without knowing I was there. I had TWO VG-25 grenades. I waited till the best possible moment and tossed a grenade clearly right in between the PMC closest to ms legs. It was probably at no more than 15 meters away from me. I literally WATCHED the nade till it went off and it was RIGHT UNDER DUDE. I was so sure it was a kill I didnt even wait to see his body drop, I turned around and re-positioned to take care of the second guy. I fell back maybe like 50 yards to a new spot and I just kind of waited. The dude naded where I was so I was hoping he thought he got me. The seecond guy, went around for an angle on my left flank. I seen him in a bush laying down looking my direction, and blasted him directly in the face from a prone position, with a m700 rocking m61 rounds at PROBABLY under 100 yards range. Maybe something close. Dude stood up and ran off ALIVE. Nd it was a GOOD headshot I did not have to rush the aim or anything. Fact of the matter is, I use the m700 all the time. I got 500 hours on EFT RN. I know how the game works. I use this gun all the time and never have an issue. But this time I got pure dick. The dude who got naded pretty much as perfect as you can nade someone, didnt even die. He survived with 400 damage to his health. Somehow not ONE hit out of the MANY he got, was fatal. 

Nd on top of that, ive got videos showing how BAD the hit boxes and hit reg has been on OFFLINE RAIDS. Scavs taking FACE shots and litterally bouncing it off. I mean they still died eventually but I got NUMEROUS clean clear examples from an OFFLINE RAID of grenades not doing poo, and multiple headshots that either failed to reg or got tanked. Nd all these scavs had were like soft tank crew helmets and one had a non ballistic fastMT. I mean the evidence is indisputable. Nd it just happened TODAY. Its got me to the point I dont even WANT to do PMC runs cause I mean the hit reg is garbage RN. Nd im seeing it all over the place all day for a few weeks now. Still got good stats tho. 65% SR and 1 KD as far as my deaths vs pmc kills. My accuracy is pretty decent too. I mean im not the best player, but im definatley a smidge above average as far as my stats speak. Nd im telling you, this poo is happening and its been getting worse. This games starting to feel like a RPG looter shooter with LIGHT Survival realism, INSTEAD of a realistic combat survival simulator with LIGHT RPG elements. Which is the exact opposite of what we were promised back when some of us paid to play EA. 

Edited by DeadToothRights
  • Upvote 1

Na0cho

I have to agree, I’ve been getting odd desyncs randomly without ping spikes. 

even against ai I’ve emptied entire clips into them then just randomly die because the scav wasn’t where it showed him to be. 

Nutcracker87
Posted (edited)

Servers really have been ass or whatever is causing the bad hitreg we sometimes play around when we squad play and pop a shot at a buddy if its too quiet to make him think somethings up but often times even clean shots when hes just standing and looking at his inventory dont land. 

Then you have the 5 headshots on scavs and they keep going just to watch him randomly die 20seconds later or teleport then die. 

Lots of ghost bullets you shoot and shoot and nothing happens its just terrible atm. 

Oh yeah and grenades that do nothing. Weve had several now where it just blows at our feet and does absolutelly nothing. 

Edited by Nutcracker87

Raxxman

I think since packet encyrption went live the servers have been ropey. 

I experience all of the hit reg issues you have, and the last time I played a game with similar problems was when the CS:Source live beta went out. From what I recall they were running the beta servers on the same specs as CS:GZ ones and they couldn't handle it.