Sign in to follow this  
HooK

why,how,when (grab a drink and tell your storys)

HooK

NOW! this is a topic i can get behind, first off i want to hear all of your war story's good or bad, did your raze a bambie to great things or did you pup bite you in the back when you where not looking. the sherpa idea is great, i personal didn't want to get involved with the Emissaries side of thing not my style. But helping the community through the games its self is something i love. little bit about my self so you all have some back story and get to know me :)

so names HooK - Australia, dayz mod server owner/staff for ( 1000000 vehicles/ Zombz ) 4 years ( 3 of witch had our servers in the top 5 of game tracker )

ok where to begin.... have been surviving for allmost 6 years now across many lands with even more challenges, helping those i could along the way some of witch i still call friends to this day. the escapade began in an in chernarus where a mad plague of humans broke out funny thing is it seams that it wasn't the ones that ate your flesh you had to watch out for, it seams that those still human where affected the worst, killing with out remorse just to find an item not caring what some ones story was. this was the begining it soon spreed .........

my opinion on the ingame sherpaing is we need communication, yes ive helped a few axe/knife people but they will never truly learn through head noods xD

please feel free to share your story and hear others.

knowledge is power

edga48

edga48 . semi-competitive person , milsim airsofter and hard core shooter fan .My life changed mostly after one airsoft game .I was taken under the wing of old combatant you know the type - bearded , sirius look and always ready to kick ass who in hes youth in the milatery used to sand paper tracer rounds for fun . I still remember our first game . We where ambushing a squad of 7 guys who where trying to cross a narow river . All he sayed was relax you're breathing and take good aim , and then '' -1 " first one fell , then the second and so on .He didnt even flinch . I would proudly call that man a sherpa and we need people like him to teach rookeis in game

Zoraxon

Zoraxon.

Casual, helper. Didn't go for the emissary position because it wasn't my thing. I'm not the best, but I can hold my own in most if not all scenarios. Swordsmanship and marksmanship are things I'm noted for. I can rally troops and think on the fly in the field. Small groups in Tarkov are my thing. I can even help people out of the field, answering questions and providing tips. A sherpa should be more than just covering fire or a hidden sniper. I do a bit of airsoft, paintball, and sword fighting. In all fields I'm recognized and generally placed as a tactician or team/squad leader. Regularly leading losing teams to victory in other games by simply being something to rally behind, which, most of the time, is all new players need.

Removing the D&D theme, this sums up what a sherpa should be able to teach new players to do

RESPECT.jpg

Edited by Zoraxon
  • Upvote 3

Camper252

The first time anyone ever saw me play this game I did my best to describe it for them whilst playing in a raid on factory. As I moved up the stairs from lockers and for the first time I appear to have met a friendly player dancing back and ford ( as you do the Bambi dance). After which my observer jumps in fright as my new friend is shot in the chest and is pinned against the wall next to the remnants of his once intact mind. " Welcome to Tarkov"

*que epic music*

Pun_I_Sher

iok

cobalt21391

To all those who look at some fool in a bus with a knife and a hat and think anything other than 'Hey, free dogtag', and decided to put all your kit on the line, toss him a handgun, and show that fool how the game's played, this one's for you.

I've been on this game for a few weeks now. Love the tension and challenge. But five or six bad runs in a row, extract camped to the point of crawling to the things, and less than twenty large in the stash and things were getting downright frustrating. Scav was down and I was on a three game streak of getting domed there, and was considering just cutting my losses and doing literally anything else. But I figured, meh, one more run before I stew angrily on this thing overnight. 

I had no cash for ammo, so I hopped on interchange with default skin and half health. Idea was to run to parking lot, grab a gun, pop a scav, and extract. I got as far as the bus by the lot, checked for armor, and then turned around to see two USEC dudes with full kit staring at me. After a mild heart attack, one of them did the weirdest thing. The man wiggled. Not knowing what else to do, I wiggled back. Then his buddy dropped an FN 57, complete with sight, laser/light, extended mag, the works, and then they let me follow them.

Those two took me on a whirlwind tour of Oli, we popped a bunch of scavs which they let me take all the gear from, they showed me all the boxes hidden in the storage containers, and then we extracted. It was a free class on checking corners, moving as a pair, covering looting, places to drop down from, everything, communicated through hand waves and laser sights.

I don't know who those two were, but they kept me in the game. Those of you who take the risk on a hatchling, Sherpa or not, knowing you might catch a knife in the back, keep on keeping on, and thanks. Those of us on the ground floor appreciate everything you do, and hope to pass it forward eventually. 

Lasher

Hahaha if you want to hear all of my war stories your going to need more than a 6 pack your going to have to buy the whole brewery. How much time have you got? lol

One funny story from the other day.

I was alone in the streets of tarkov when i encounter a struggling lone PMC, he reaches out for help and i assist him, i teach him the ways of remaining hidden and quiet, the moments to engage a target and when to run for his life. Soon we have another stray PMC lost in the wilds. Bad luck strikes us, 3 out of 5 raids we spawn late and the entire team is killed right at the start (legit loading in between an ongoing fire fight the first time) We die. repeatedly, i laugh it off as bad luck and assure my Stray PMCs that this is not normal, Not anymore anyhow and not to worry. More raids go by with little success, we are doing it right but lady luck was not with us this day.

"NO MORE!" Says I, This time we succeed, This time we come home rich men. I Equip my SLR (FAL SA-58) and Don my helmet and armour, i acquire an Attack2 for myself and the Strays and similarly equip them with the tools of war required for success. 

The raid starts, "you have the knowelage, now its time to use it. Keep coms quiet and move out!"
Disaster strikes immidatly in the carpark of the ULTRA shopping mall. we encounter a maniac with a silenced weapon in the darkness of the garage 
"Contact!" i say, and fire my first 2 shots, a look of intimidate fear crosses my face as my target appears to eat the bullets and then suddenly appears a few feet away from where he was and takes cover...Darn, this man has magic on his side. Then the situation gets worse, an additional target to our right, no doubt in support of the first. That's it, we are still near the infil point and we need to move NOW!

i give the orders, 1 is told to go to the left and the other to scoot the wall to the right and take cover for fire support. before i call the charge i instruct them to throw first a flash then 1 frag each. I call the charge as the Frags are flying through the air toward the unknown number of opponents in the darkness. I pray that no one catches any shrapnel in the chaos.

My 2 new friends full of confidence storm the car park and we quickly and calmly dispatch out foes, 2 we find "take care, there could be additional contacts" we clear the room before looting and i allow the boys access to all the spoils, they are jubilant. I keep watch over them like a hawk as i know that gunshots draw more danger.

it was not long before my prophecy became true. "CONTACT!", Target at rear of car park to the right" he eats 308 Nato to the face before the newbies can react.

that's long enough, I dissarm the new corpse to prevent an unarmed nusence from aquaring the weapon and we start to relocate, the boys are excited but i encourage them to keep calm and focused, we have no Escaped from Tarkov yet, we have the whole raid ahead of us. The choice is quickly made that they wish to survive with their gains, we came for money and gear and now we had it in abundance so we cautiously start to head toward the electrical substation to scirt the wall to train extract, wanting to avoid the tension points within the shopping complex. 

"Sir, Foosteaps on metal, our left and above" i hear called. Perfect communication im proud. i did not hear the sound myself but decide quickly to trust my man, he has been trained well, we are exposed from above and i quickly call a retreat back into the car park......WRONG CHOICE the target was not above us but behind the wall inside the car park, he must have been stalking us.

i go to light him up and a signle shot rings out, No Disaster, i had forggoten to switch my weapon to Full auto when re entering the enclosed underground, I see the flash from his muzzle and know that my end is near when all of a sudden the roar of to fully automatic assault rifles go off right next to me, the hostile contact is filled with hot led, turned into a steaming pile of meat salad.

The scared lonley PMCs had become hardened and dependable, as i had saved their life they had now saved mine. we quickly took what we could and made our way to the exfil point. All with a strong sence of earned achivement. We had Escaped from Tarkov.  

Sign in to follow this  

b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2