Found flash drive in raid, can't turn in for skier quest

Hi there,

Just recently completed a raid as a scav and found a flash drive.  Managed to extract fine and in my inventory it highlights the flash drive as "found in raid" like it's supposed to.  However when I click my Skier task, I cannot turn in the flash drive to him.  Why not?  Screenshots attached.

415498939_2020-06-0721-23(0).thumb.png.788e7d7a95ec383b4f2843600935b5b0.png

614698011_2020-06-0721-23(1).thumb.png.d3626d087f978e72d95f45336a6283fc.png

Had the same issue.

Quest "Whats on the flashdrive".
Had 1 out of 2 Flash turned in to Skier.
Found a new flash and after exiting it was labeled "Found in raid for the quest "whats on the flashdrive"".

I could set the flashdrive to the fleemarket if I wanted to, but I could not turn it in to Skier.

I did post a bug report about this and within 24 hours something strange happend.

1. My already turned in flash was removed, I now had 0/2 turned in.
2. I could now turn in the "faulty" flash drive, along with a new one I found - mission ok.
3. Got a generic answer from support regarding new rules of found in raid since patch.
4. I answered back explaining (what I typed above here) and that I would like my flash drive back.

Now 3 days later, nothing from support.

Also would like to add.

Restarts, waiting a few days etc, nothing changed it.

I guess it was solved by admins upon my ticket to support but they did "remove" the handed in flash and not returned it to me.

i am having the same issue it even got the yellow tick but still cant trade it in also i found it in raid 

did you find it before you got the quest 

Like @behi09ma said you can only hand them in by two's. The quest itself and the description is a bit odd. It is stated 'find' and not hand in. In comparison other FiR + hand in do have two specific tasks. Due to the fact that you can't hand in the first one separate and that there is no second clear 'hand in task' new players might misinterpret this quest and sell or use their FiR flashdrive which is a bummer since they aren't easy to come by (especially not for newer players who are struggling with maps, loot spots and obviously surviving).

Edited by True93

Thanks for the replies guys.  Not too thrilled with what I'm hearing (from @behi09ma and @True93) and I hope that BSG will consider patching this in the future as I truly believe the way it's working now is not truly "by design" or at least it would be considered a faulty design.  For now I'll resume my hunt for another flash I guess.

4 hours ago, vampy said:

i am having the same issue it even got the yellow tick but still cant trade it in also i found it in raid 

did you find it before you got the quest 

No, I found it after I got the task.

Just wondering if I can get a developer response on this topic.  Is this a known issue / bug or is this "working as intended"?  Should I just sell the drive in my inventory at this point or what?

12 hours ago, vampy said:

keep the drive untll you find a second one then try to hand them both in 

Roger that.  Still would be good to know if this is actually just a bug, but as a developer myself, I understand how these things go.  The team is probably just busy.

Grimm285
1 hour ago, eshelon said:

Just an update, I managed to complete the quest today by getting another flash drive and turning both in.

yea this isn't a glitch, its just an Old quest that's never been updated with the new system.  for quite a few wipes (awhile ago) anytime you had to turn in things for quests, you needed all of them to turn the quest in.  (back when ya needed 30 cans of beef and icases were not a thing...fun times holding onto all those cans).

Not sure why they still haven't changed this one but you have to physically find and have two on you before you can complete the quest, pretty sure this is one if not The only one that still does this with this system. 

9 hours ago, Grimm285 said:

yea this isn't a glitch, its just an Old quest that's never been updated with the new system.  for quite a few wipes (awhile ago) anytime you had to turn in things for quests, you needed all of them to turn the quest in.  (back when ya needed 30 cans of beef and icases were not a thing...fun times holding onto all those cans).

Not sure why they still haven't changed this one but you have to physically find and have two on you before you can complete the quest, pretty sure this is one if not The only one that still does this with this system. 

Hi Grimm,

The bug that I think does exist is that I turned in one flash drive at the very beginning (I distinctly remember this).  Then I got the second drive and couldn't turn it in.  The bug is that it lets you turn in one when it should either A) wait until you have two and allow you to turn them in at the same time or more preferably B) make it work like all the other quests and let you turn in one at a time.

Grimm285
6 hours ago, eshelon said:

Hi Grimm,

The bug that I think does exist is that I turned in one flash drive at the very beginning (I distinctly remember this).  Then I got the second drive and couldn't turn it in.  The bug is that it lets you turn in one when it should either A) wait until you have two and allow you to turn them in at the same time or more preferably B) make it work like all the other quests and let you turn in one at a time.

hmm thats odd i have never heard of that before.  so when you got your 2nd/3rd flash-drive you turned both of them in or just the 1 more to complete the quest?  because as worded and from memory, i'm pretty sure you literally can't turn in a singular one by itself you just have to find it.  As in it has to be in your inventory.  You can even find one and die with it and it will still show 1 out of two but after the fact you still have to turn 2 total in

This quest was never updated to allow partial/incremental turn ins for whatever reason. In the past, you always had to hold onto all items for a quest and it would only let you turn them in all at once, this quest seems to still be that way. What's worse is finding a flash drive, dying, and it losing the FIR status which is probably the worst change I've ever seen to the game

• 4 months later...
BrotherJuunas
On 6/8/2020 at 4:49 PM, True93 said:

Like @behi09ma said you can only hand them in by two's. The quest itself and the description is a bit odd. It is stated 'find' and not hand in. In comparison other FiR + hand in do have two specific tasks. Due to the fact that you can't hand in the first one separate and that there is no second clear 'hand in task' new players might misinterpret this quest and sell or use their FiR flashdrive which is a bummer since they aren't easy to come by (especially not for newer players who are struggling with maps, loot spots and obviously surviving).

We all now the time not long ago when all players had an easier time with completing "in raid" tasks when they could buy it and hand it over.

I have been struggling like a mofo for days trying to get my (1 out of 2) status to finish!

If I have been lucky to find one I've died and lost the In Raid status and the first raid now this morning and I escaped with ton of valuable loot and ONE FLASH! I was so happy! Now I am pissed!!

I sometime get the feeling these people actually WANT to f**k us people over I sh*t you not!!

8 minutes ago, BrotherJuunas said:

I sometime get the feeling these people actually WANT to f**k us people over I sh*t you not!!

I'm sorry you feel this way, and while my words may seem like a empty promise, i can assure you BSG has no intention in screwing over its community. 

Development takes time and the team focused on bug fixing has a lot of tasks to do, bugs that impact the game in a majorly negative way are (to my knowledge) prioritized over bugs that effect QOL. Such as the current issue with group invites not working sometimes or infinite matchmaking.   

All the best,
Melody,
Emissary of Sweden.

Edited by 02_
BrotherJuunas
12 minutes ago, 02_ said:

I'm sorry you feel this way, and while my words may seem like a empty promise, i can assure you BSG has no intention in screwing over its community. 

Development takes time and the team focused on bug fixing has a lot of tasks to do, bugs that impact the game in a majorly negative way are (to my knowledge) prioritized over bugs that effect QOL. Such as the current issue with group invites not working sometimes or infinite matchmaking.   

All the best,
Melody,
Emissary of Sweden.

Hi, god morgon  and thanks for the quick reply =D

No well, I know its not intentional but the game does the job on punishing enough as it is than to add these details they could have just put one second to formulate better.

I get what you're saying but honestly, to work on new maps, new tasks, new skills/perks, new weapons and everything they throw into this game while keep missing these details thats been bugging people for long is very strange.

For example: found 4 keys in my raid. None is high value in flea market (since patched) but ONE key would give alot by dealers so saw my chance on flea market.. nope. Turns out the key to west wing room 325 is of no use for players since that door stays open to all.. just like keys like "door key" that goes no where.

At least I'll get some payment but grabbing unworthy keys no one wants would have made one maybe leave the space for something valuable, as in useful to others so I can sell it. People have millions and millions og roubles. I have 55.113 roubles. 👍

I am not angry and ranting or anything its just exhausting after spent big bucks, heart and soul for 2 mounths and only had occasional real satisfying results =(

6 hours ago, BrotherJuunas said:

~

God morgon du också! eller ska man säga kväll nu kanske haha :D

I can definitely understand the frustration you are experiencing, and i know you aren't angry/ranting. If anything, as someone who has bought a product you reserve the right to complain & provide feedback on said product.

To my understanding the development team working on new content and the team working on bug patching & fixing are separate teams (this may be wrong), but if that is correct, development isn't just focused on the new content but also making sure that the current bugs and issues are resolved. 

At the end of the day, its best to remember that Escape From Tarkov is a game in active development. Bugs are inevitable but will be worked on, hot fixes are worked on every day. Even if one single bug is resolved, unless its major its not a good idea to force the players to update the game. 

A couple months ago we were having constant updates on the launcher due to Battle Eye, this in turn caused some people to complain about having to update the game every time they launched it. 

Development is a tricky minefield, and adding the feedback of thousands of players can be a blessing and a curse. Everyone has their own opinion so there is bound to be positive & negative feedback on everything BSG does.

All the best, 
Melody,
Emissary of Sweden.

• 3 weeks later...
BrotherJuunas

Nämen tjenare och goder afton! :D

I'm sorry for my frånvaro (yeah i said it xD) but I have kept a little break from gaming.

Not even Valhalla spoke to the geek in me so I totally forgot about our started conversation. :P Today I felt better in my back after have been nearly imovable for 3 days, it was some sort of muscle-bristning (i can google translate it but admit this is a bit funnier ;) so I sat all night and playd Tarkov.. or, spent it in offline and in my Hideout and some in the Market to prep up haha. It went really really well and the 1 mille I spent I've nearly gained again from just 2 runs so I am happy.

I want to say that I have full understanding about the current situation and even if they definetly do things differently than what I've ever been used to in my life as a gamer it's very clear that they care and burn for this game and to make it work.

And all ways are better then the bad way (as we say in sweden, but I didnt write it out in swenska, proppen går snart känner jag XD)

I know in my heart that this game will evolve and grow into something even more unique in a way no one's done before because developers live in a Battle of Duty world by an american philosophical.. who am I kidding, they just want the money so they don't dare to change anything in case of the backlash.

Well I am tired of it. I spit on Cold War and put on my warpaint and avoid every branch and leaf in Tarkov out of fear of all the gangs...

also because Cold War is kinda expensive for me right now so if a sale comes up I will stand tall and not give in for such mediocre nonsense. But from the 14th of December I'll be living in the future with no ideas of when I'll return. :P

Keep up the good work. I am proud over you and I am grateful for your job and I will bite my lip when anything extremely typical happens, unless its a bug or such ^^

Much Love!

/Jonas

Edited by BrotherJuunas
The image wasn't menat to be included but never saw if it was included until I posted my message. I've learned how that works now =)
  • 1 month later...

On 6/8/2020 at 4:28 AM, DrBloom said:

Have you tried to relog or restart?

i have the same issue, i try so many time's to restart.. . and nothing... 

• 2 weeks later...
B00MSLANG
On 12/30/2020 at 11:02 PM, z3rai said:

i have the same issue, i try so many time's to restart.. . and nothing... 

Same problem here :( Turned one in already, have another in my stash with a yellow "V" I found in raid (as a scav player), but doesn't seem to be able to turn it in. So now what? Skip this all together? No Kappa? 

Edited by B00MSLANG
dante_farhad
On 6/8/2020 at 6:54 AM, eshelon said:

Hi there,

Just recently completed a raid as a scav and found a flash drive.  Managed to extract fine and in my inventory it highlights the flash drive as "found in raid" like it's supposed to.  However when I click my Skier task, I cannot turn in the flash drive to him.  Why not?  Screenshots attached.

Hi , you have fix this problem ?

i have this problem too , anyone can be tip how to fix it ? 

Edited by dante_farhad
  • 2 weeks later...
Sabreside

It looks like I am having this issue as well. The problem I am having is that. I do have 2. I got them from raids. I turned them in and I only have 1 turned in and I still have 2 Flash Drives. One of them is not check marked. I got it from Factory. I died on the main floor, but I had it in my inventory. So even after a 3rd Flash drive 2 of which were checked. I still did not get credit. So do I need to find a 4th? It looks as if one does not count for whatever reason! 

image.png.225800b81d1b59612a6b8cf25161a4d4.pngimage.thumb.png.59da1e0b65868083d44340282adf9bc5.png