Game unbalanced for new players?

8 hours ago, Krymz_ said:

Then, a sort of matchmaking, perhaps either with gear score, survival rates and or player levels. or even total stash value

I agree that having a proper matchmaking where players with similar skill level and stash value are put against one another would somewhat fix this whole problem where veterans hunt down the hatchlings.

Some players would certainly take advantage of this and deliberately lower their skill level, but to be fair they're already doing that. For the most part inexperienced players would only play against players with similar skill level to their own. And as your skill level rises and you get better in the game, so does the challenge against other players.

But that's just my opinion from a solo-noob's perspective.

Edited by Jordick
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jordick

• tobiassolem

• Barangolo

• Na0cho

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You are sorely mistaken there. This is like saying that in sports, part of the learning curve is going on the tatami on your first day against a black-belt that is a good 30 pounds heavier than you. Y

I get that. But those veterans have been where you are right now. This isn't a 100m sprint game. People who come into EFT with the mindset that they can jump into a raid and do whatever Pestily/Deadly

Before anything I'm not saying that EFT is a bad game nor am I lashing out to devs. I wouldn't be playing the game if I disliked it. I started playing the about half a year ago when the game had

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Saber123316 said:

That is a good raid. this is exactly what I am talking about the disconnect between the top 1% of players and the rest of us.

Everyone expects to pull 30-40k exp to be a good raid. I just want to be able to get from one end of the map to the other and not get laser beamed by some bush wookiee with his 60 round thermal silenced m4 able to beam me down from 100 meters away without me ever knowing what hit me. 

Meanwhile if someone gets a bead on him with their mosin Nikita just bumps the price up making it even less accessible.

If you get 2-3k in a raid and make it out that is by all accounts a successful raid when your survival percentage is 18%

Bro its unlikely ur playing against 1% of the top. Theres alot of people like you. I also get around 3 - 5k xp per raid sometimes 10k it all depends. sure i die, but u guys should stop complaining. i only played for 5 months and im still doing fine at this point. Yesterday played with a guy for the first time he just started and i just sherpa'd him around for a bit and we extracted 5 raids in a row.

8 minutes ago, Jordick said:

I agree that having a proper matchmaking where players with similar skill level and stash value are put against one another would somewhat fix this whole problem where veterans hunt down the hatchlings.

Some players would certainly take advantage of this and deliberately lower their skill level, but to be fair they're already doing that. For the most part inexperienced players would only play against players with similar skill level to their own. And as your skill level rises and you get better in the game, so does the challenge against other players.

But that's just my opinion from a solo-noob's perspective.

If you are still doing hatches runs just quit playing tarkov. Then you kind of ask to die. I despite them. atleast bring in a pistol to defend yourself. preferably armor and a helmet aswell. u say ssh is poo. but i rock ssh all the time and im lvl 20. helped me alot of time in raid.

Edited by nandosie
  • Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, nandosie said:

If you are still doing hatches runs just quit playing tarkov. Then you kind of ask to die. I despite them. atleast bring in a pistol to defend yourself.

I don't think I ever mentioned of doing hatchet runs, so I don't know where you digged that up.

Besides, correct me if I'm wrong on this but isn't the Hatchet an Edge of Darkness exclusive item?  And I don't think its even lootable, because I couldn't loot it from another player who had it. I have been thinking of upgrading my Standard edition to EoD, but ~100€ is quite hefty price to pay.

Edited by Jordick
typo fixes
14 minutes ago, Jordick said:

I don't think I ever mentioned of doing hatchet runs, so I don't know where you digged that up.

Besides, correct me if I'm wrong on this but isn't the Hatchet an Edge of Darkness exclusive item?  And I don't think its even lootable, because I couldn't loot it from another player who had it. I have been thinking of upgrading my Standard edition to EoD, but ~100€ is quite hefty price to pay.

Doesnt mather how you call it call it knife running for gods sake. The thing is you were argueing about so called "veterans" people who actually play the game i guess hunting down hatchet runners, wich made me think you were one of them else u wouldnt be so bummed about it. I would also hunt hatchet runners if i see one. Why? cuz they make the game unhealthy

2 minutes ago, nandosie said:

Doesnt mather how you call it call it knife running for gods sake. The thing is you were argueing about so called "veterans" people who actually play the game i guess hunting down hatchet runners.

Yeah, I don't do that. I usually bring SKS with me when I can afford one. But that's not the argument here.

The argument was that despite how careful and sneaky you try to be the new players have nothing to protect themselves when these veterans hunt them down like flies and you cannot really fight back at them due to the lack of gear available to you.

I'm not saying that new players should get access to everything immediately as that would take the fun or progression out from the game. All I'm saying that something should be done so that these "hatchling hunters", so that they cannot put you down 1-2mins after spawning or have a proper matchmaking where players with similar skill level & stash value play with each other.

Additionally I'm well aware that the game is still being developed and that things will change in the future either to better or worse. I believe that that's the purpose of this discussion. 

00nacktbar

Newer player here,

gotta admit tarkov is hard. Thats the appeal for me. I am experiencing the same hard time as jordick described (spawn kills, survival rate, loot and money loss, the feeling of missing something; doing something fundamentally wrong). I then realised that this is happening to everyone! And even if it is not very helpful to you @Jordick but most of us are in the same boat. We just die.. a lot. We then sneak and loot a little and from time to time we extract and dont make much money because fleamarket is still 5 levels away.. after two weeks now i'm level 9 and i am almost there. What helped me was in fact to play in a group and to choose my map and strat wisely. customs sucks for beginners. It is a newbie hunting ground. Factory for 2-4 player groups is not bad.. fast and more than not successful. Shoreline if you keep the heck away from the resort is ok. Interchange at night in a group for some loot runs to make a bit of money and late in wipe reserve when it is not too populated anymore. 

i only speak out of my 4 week experience (not much, i know) but i think i am closer to what you experience than what veterans do (cos our decision making is most likely more or less the same). I also think the game because in development played much different when the now veterans started then it does for us (and it maybe is even easier now; who knows). But to say that a newbie needs around 12h of playtime to get to the fleamarket=lvl10 is just not correct. E.g.: My survival rate is 37% with 45 raids, 25 KIA, 17 extractions and 3 run throughs. I am now at 45k exp so ~2.500 per run. I need 20 successful raids like that and with that survival rate i need about 60 raids to reach lvl10; each raid is about 45min. (Incl. prep time for gear and weapons, cueing and waiting for teammates). So i might do 4 a day and i'm at level 10 in about 15 days (or 45h played). I think thats more like it. And i think the hardest thing to swollow in this game is just how you die when you die: you either didnt see it comin. Which is ok.. you can work on your positioning and map awareness, spotting and routes. The other thing is when you se it coming and have time to react but are just simply out-armored and out-ammoed... this kinda forces you to play like a rat.. as of now you have to play multiple wipes to learn a thing or too each wipe. For now it is surviving to make money and gain exp to get to the market. Next wipe if thats not as hard anymore the focus will be different. at least thats what i took away from it now for the time being.

good luck out there

tobiassolem
10 hours ago, Saber123316 said:

That is a good raid. this is exactly what I am talking about the disconnect between the top 1% of players and the rest of us.

By your own logic, if my low-performance raid with 3KXP makes me a "top 1%" of players, the other 99% should have it EXTREMELY easy, since 99% of raids are full of similarly skilled players.

Edited by tobiassolem
1 hour ago, 00nacktbar said:

...just how you die when you die: you either didnt see it comin. Which is ok.. you can work on your positioning and map awareness, spotting and routes. The other thing is when you se it coming and have time to react but are just simply out-armored and out-ammoed...

I feel the same. I don't mind dying if the shot comes from a distance. I only need to work on my positioning the next time, just like you said. But the problem rises when someone far better armored players jumps on you and you empty an entire AK mag on them and it barely even scratches them, while you die from 2-3 shots. Most of my deaths come from that and it just doesn't feel right.

There was this post earlier which I think was a great idea:

8 hours ago, Anton_Privalov said:

I do have a reply there which covers the issue more in depth, but in short, ammo isn't as dangerous as it should be, with the lack of penalties for getting shot at.

In my opinion it's there where the problem lies, and by adding more severe debuffs for getting shot would alleviate the issue of unfairness discussed here. Even just by adding a knockout effect from ammo would make any ammo, no matter the pen, useful, even if the target survives. This makes all players (and AI) a much bigger threat no matter what, which in return psychologically slows down everyone, all the while giving newcomers better confidence in their gear. Which also-also makes all other mid-tier gear even more viable and not just the meta.

It doesn't put the new players on even grounds with the more experienced players, but it at least forces the more experienced players to re-think twice their approach as they cannot just run & gun us hatchlings down without a worry like they are right now. This would give us new players that small chance for survival in those situations.

• Like 1
skyflashde
vor 3 Stunden schrieb tobiassolem:

By your own logic, if my low-performance raid with 3KXP makes me a "top 1%" of players, the other 99% should have it EXTREMELY easy, since 99% of raids are full of similarly skilled players.

Ok, lets take statistics from another player... me.

In 10 raids on average I get about the following:

6 times I die and get ~100 XP.

3 times I get between 500-1000 XP.

1 time I get a 3K+ raid.

As I am usually playing in 5 man squads, I am pretty sure those are perfectly normal numbers. I am also not the one that dies the most, a few of the guys I play with die even more.

I actually have a better survival rate when I play solo. But then, I get more than 3K XP even more rarely, because I play more rat style. Maybe 1/20 raids or something.

tobiassolem
12 minutes ago, skyflashde said:

Ok, lets take statistics from another player... me.

In 10 raids on average I get about the following:

6 times I die and get ~100 XP.

3 times I get between 500-1000 XP.

1 time I get a 3K+ raid.

As I am usually playing in 5 man squads, I am pretty sure those are perfectly normal numbers. I am also not the one that dies the most, a few of the guys I play with die even more.

I actually have a better survival rate when I play solo. But then, I get more than 3K XP even more rarely, because I play more rat style. Maybe 1/20 raids or something.

So you don't kill SCAVS, don't do missions (because that adds XP when you pick up quest items), and barely loot? Well, then that would explain why you're seeing much less XP.

Even when I die, I usually have killed at least 3-5 SCAVS (most often headshots, since SCAVS are stupid). Sounds more like an issue with your playstyle, avoiding everything that gives you XP-gains. But I think every playstyle should be included, so might be an issue with XP not being awarded to people who mostly play to look around? More exploration XP maybe?

OperatorYobama

I know how you feel. I started playing this game back in Feburary right when people were chonkey bois, but since my playstyle is relatively unique, I can get away with around 2k experience every raid even back then.

EFT_Marauder
vor 14 Stunden schrieb Saber123316:

exactly, that is a raid from a verry good player! Without a quest or something extra.

The top of the 1 % players have no problems and they have many time to play and learn.

A normal player need 8 until 12 weeks to reach level 40.

skyflashde
vor einer Stunde schrieb tobiassolem:

So you don't kill SCAVS, don't do missions (because that adds XP when you pick up quest items), and barely loot? Well, then that would explain why you're seeing much less XP.

Even when I die, I usually have killed at least 3-5 SCAVS (most often headshots, since SCAVS are stupid). Sounds more like an issue with your playstyle, avoiding everything that gives you XP-gains. But I think every playstyle should be included, so might be an issue with XP not being awarded to people who mostly play to look around? More exploration XP maybe?

When we play 5 man, we usually have 2 people with reddots that go in front. They get most kills.

I am usually playing sniper with a scope, so I get very few kills. I also play slow and dont rush ahead, so even less kills due to that.

So I get maybe 1-2 kills on average.

I usually loot for those ~1000 xp.

On good runs we kill a few PMCs for higher loot and I get maybe 4-5 scav kills. Those are the 3K runs.

I am not avoiding anything, its just that if you play in a group not everyone can rush ahead.

Also the XP from Scav kills are shared. There arent even enough Scav on the map for everyone in that 5 man group to have 5 Scav kills.

BTW, it was even less before the wipe, as we almost always had a thermal player in the group, that at the end then had 15 Scav kills while everyone else in the group had maybe 1 if he is lucky.

vor 51 Minuten schrieb OperatorYobama:

I know how you feel. I started playing this game back in Feburary right when people were chonkey bois, but since my playstyle is relatively unique, I can get away with around 2k experience every raid even back then.

LOL thats funny. Trust me, your playstyle is not unique, whatever it is.

Edited by skyflashde
MongArmOfTheLaw

I've been thinking about this a bit; I'm a new player too. Due to iron sights, lack of passive skills like recoil control etc it can be very hard to fight other PMCs and even scavs sometimes. Even if you get the drop on a PMC (a very rare occurance) due to crazy recoil, crap ammo, and iron sights your chances of killing them before they 360 no-scope you are VERY low indeed.

I love the game; it's depth, lore, looks, level design - it's amazing. STALKER games were my favourite shooters, always loved the design & aesthetics of Russian and Eastern European games.

My idea for helping <Lvl10 newbies (like me!) is to perhaps have an OPTIONAL cosmetic item like the armbands but a lot bigger and visible from further away (a pointy dunce cap? who knows). This would indicate to the sweaty guys that this is a noob with nothing worth taking. Make it so that any player wearing that item gives NO XP to the killer and doesn't count for their quests like 100m headshots etc.

Obviously vetran players reseting their accounts won't need to use such a crutch but for absolute beginners it might make it less disheartening while getting over that initial severe difficulty hump. And it would take a MUCH smaller programming effort compared to implementing a matchmaker of some type (and I don't think a matchmaker would really suit the design of the game).

The only other easily implemented option I can think of would be to allow players who lack fleamarket access to play together ie when you choose to go into a raid you either just choose default like now or if you're <Lvl10 there is another option to play with others who are the same.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, MongArmOfTheLaw said:

I' idea for helping <Lvl10 newbies (like me!) is to perhaps have an OPTIONAL cosmetic item like the armbands but a lot bigger and visible from further away (a pointy dunce cap? who knows). This would indicate to the sweaty guys that this is a noob with nothing worth taking. Make it so that any player wearing that item gives NO XP to the killer and doesn't count for their quests like 100m headshots etc.

Interesting idea, but not really practical. In my opinion EFT is the type of game where you act first and ask questions later, so very few players would actually notice that special "noob" mark. And even if people did notice it and would leave you alone it would be too powerful for the new players as they would basically have an free pass to do anything in the raids.

But this idea made me thinking and I came up with the idea of separate "Practice Raid" mode, which is similar to Offline mode.

The current Offline mode is great help for the new players to learn the maps, loot locations and Scav spawns. Personally I've been playing it a lot in order to learn the maps and their extractions, but it doesn't really prep you on how to play against other players which is the biggest hurdle to jump over in this game imo.

With "Practice Raid" mode new players could practice everything that the game has to offer, even how to play against other players, and without the frustration of losing gear. Naturally it would work similarly to Offline mode, so you don't gain anything from it (no XP, loot, quests, etc.).

Edited by Jordick
Barangolo
23 hours ago, ShiroTenshi said:

The unbalance of having veterans go against new players is part of the learning curve. It's not a separate problem.

You are sorely mistaken there. This is like saying that in sports, part of the learning curve is going on the tatami on your first day against a black-belt that is a good 30 pounds heavier than you. You don't learn anything by having your bones broken each session. You only progress when the challenge is not far out of reach. If you keep dying in this game without knowing what you did wrong and the only thing the experienced players, mods and emissars keep saying is gitgud, then people will stop playing after a while because it does not motivate, nor does it give you the proper tools to learn.

It is no learning to join a squad, it is just an avoidance strategy. It is no learning to play "slow", it just sets your progress back even more. It is no learning to "use your scav" as you progress even less with your PMC and beside looting it does not give you shooting skills due to no clear enemies on all sides. These are all mitigations to avoid being able to play. You are not giving noobs a real choice to progress, you are pushing them even more into an area where they will feel less and less comfortable getting out of.

Learning is not getting punished nonstop, because there is no learning when you don't get a chance. The many complaints of noobs is because they do not learn the proper way of playing. You guys by now should have understood that the reason for hatchet runners, for campers, for KOS on scav players, everyone trying to go squads out of desparation because solo game is unenjoyable, it all has to do with this huge imbalance you call "learning curve".

You do not learn when you have no power over improving. All these tips just lead to avoidance strategies, so you are basically raising the next generation of hatchet runners and risk avoiders, instead of fighters.

I have been playing this game a lot throughout the past year, though stopped a few months before this wipe out of frustration, just picked it up again. I feel I know the game quite well by now and do not making the noob mistakes. But it is by no means any easier, it is by no means "fun" to be lasered nonstop by squads that are on level 40, 2 weeks into the wipe and no matter how much I hit them, this wipe ammo is even less available. You are slowing down all chances of people to actually have successes, other than the free way you are giving to those who speedlevel in their meta habits. What you are not slowing down, is the speedlevelers who run into the raid like it's a race, leave empty crates before you even get there, bunnyhop all over and "farm" Killa, Reshala and other bosses, then casually onetap anyone across the map for sheer superior equipment like thermals and the best scopes right off the bat, while others can hardly afford level 4 armor, let alone faceshields at this stage.

Look at all the top dogs that are killing it: they are in squads most of the time, for good reason. Because they know that solo is losing in this game. The fact that you would LIKE people to play squads is not in line with reality. You may want this game to be solely squad based by "hardcore gamers" (I just call them lootgoblin squads), but in truth your game is financed for the most part by solo casuals. Not meeting them halfway is spitting people in the face who are paying dearly to do years of beta testing for you.

I simply do not understand the non-argument of not doing matchmaking for the sakes of "it's decided", which would give noobs, casuals and worse players the chance to not be obliterated and loose their motivation to play. Every single fairplay sports in the world works this way, by even odds. In fact, the vast majority of PC games work that way as well, as they are BALANCED. Saying you don't want a balanced game is kicking the majority of your playerbase in the nuts. Matchmaking in gaming is a practice for good reason, to have satisfied customers. All the gitgud fanboys nonstop reiterating the same BS that "we like it this way" are reasoning from the right side of the d*ck, because they love to fall on noobs who are an easy target. Lazy and superficial, these are immature kids, but to hear the same from devs, that is a sad state of affairs, as it indicates that you do not care for much of your players' motivation to play the game.

Via optional level matchmaking, those who feel up for harder enemies could opt toe enter higher level raids, but those on high levels could not go lower to farm noobs. Right now, this game is dominated by no-life routine players who know exactly from day 1 how to cheese the hell out of the game and get rich so fast that their equipment cannot be countered. BSG does not seem to care, instead makes the game even more difficult for lower levels by increasing difficulty, thus veteran squads exponentially rise to domination.

You may not care now for people who don't fit your bill of "hardcore gamer", but once the money stops flowing in, you will respond. Probably too late by then though.

• Like 6
skyflashde
vor 14 Stunden schrieb Barangolo:

You may not care now for people who don't fit your bill of "hardcore gamer", but once the money stops flowing in, you will respond. Probably too late by then though.

Here you are wrong.

The big money is already in, so for them it would be much better if the game just slowly died off and they could work on the next iteration, their single player game.

Nikita already hinted that there will be a time when they will stop updating Escape from Tarkov. And that when the game is not even officially "released". How many devs tell you that they are already planning the end of updates for a game they havent finished? Thats like a new level, really. Not to mention people bought and paid for the Escape from Tarkov DLCs already.

So take a guess how likely the appearance of those DLCs is, and IF they happen, what the content and quality will be.

My guess:

DLC 1 will be "Karma System"

DLC 2 will be "Open World Connected Map"

DLC 3 will be "Scav Career Mode"

I will be laughing hard if that happens.

MongArmOfTheLaw

Got to admit I've often wondered how they'll keep the lights on in the future. They've got racks of servers all over the world; not cheap. When sales eventually slow down perhaps Tarkov Prime will have to be a thing? I wouldn't resent paying a few quid a month if it meant the game stayed around.

There are so many older games that just don't work any more due to the servers going away. Even single player ones - no auth server = no game.

Its early to be thinking about that stuff considering the game is still in beta but its a game that demands a very large time investment to get the most out of it. I think it's reasonable to ask what the long term plan is. You can't run servers for ever on the back of one purchase.

2 hours ago, MongArmOfTheLaw said:

Got to admit I've often wondered how they'll keep the lights on in the future. They've got racks of servers all over the world; not cheap. When sales eventually slow down perhaps Tarkov Prime will have to be a thing? I wouldn't resent paying a few quid a month if it meant the game stayed around.

There are so many older games that just don't work any more due to the servers going away. Even single player ones - no auth server = no game.

Its early to be thinking about that stuff considering the game is still in beta but its a game that demands a very large time investment to get the most out of it. I think it's reasonable to ask what the long term plan is. You can't run servers for ever on the back of one purchase.

player/community owned servers, like Squad or arma3.

Edited by Krymz_
MongArmOfTheLaw
1 hour ago, Krymz_ said:

player/community owned servers, like Squad or arma3.

We can only hope!

Problem with that is when The Suits get involved - "You mean you're going to GIVE AWAY your I.P.? How exactly is that going to enhance shareholder value?"

It can be done but it takes a hell of a lot of foresight, all it takes to feck things up is one tiny little contract right at the bottom of the pile. Buildings full of grey men pay their kid's school fees that way. I weep for all the wasted man years of work locked away by legal bull$hite. Seen it happen to so many engineering and software firms.

But fingers crossed and all that, stranger things have happened.

I started playing this game a few months before this wipe. I had gotten to level 40 with all traders maxed and 90% hideout built. 

In fact when they moved the level for the flea market to 15 I was level 7. I grinded that out in the day before they changed it back to 10 (duck me right?)

learn learn learn. Die die die and learn some more. 

All it takes is the willingness to learn and improve. Pick one map until you know it inside and out. 

I started with customs(duck me again right?)

no matter how frustrating or hard it got, I stuck with it. I learned and adapted. 

there are so many tips and advice videos out there and omfg the wiki alone!

nothing is stopping you from being great at this game except you. 

did I mention I’m also level 32 right now. I’m almost back to where I was in just weeks. That’s the difference knowledge makes in this game. 

• Sad 1
CallsignWulf

Definitely unbalanced for new players. And definitely not realistic like people make it out to be. I'm a veteran of milsim games, and shoot in real life. If you get shot, even with armor, you're going to feel it.

I went in as a scav the other day, because I lost all my poo of course. Had a semi auto shotgun, with super performance slugs. Shot a player 5 times center mass point blank in about 2 seconds. He proceeds to just one tap me right afterwards, like it didn't affect him at all.

I don't care how heavy your armor is, that much kinetic energy going into your body, or something attached to your body, is knocking you on your ass and emptying your lungs of the air inside them.

A new armor plate system won't fix that, that just adds plates that are swappable. The armor damage itself needs a rework. The guy absorbed 570 damage with armor, took 250 through it. Pretty dumb how even if I'm geared up, I still lose. I'll unload on people with all sorts of calibers, and get hits according to the stats at the end, and they just return fire like the only thing they felt was wind going through their arm hair.

It's really making the game not enjoyable.

Edited by CallsignWulf
  • Like 2
PyroYoda
On 6/10/2020 at 3:57 AM, Saber123316 said:

The current game is designed that you are forced to no life it to hit level 10 ASAP and then just farm FiR items to list for an exorbitant amount of rubles.

You can go in as a scav, say if you have a morphine in your inventory you just extract right away. All the gear from your scavs will be FIN. And you only need four morphines that is FIN. So, in my opinion scavs are more valuable to use now since they implemented the new FIN system. And what do you mean by "to no life it"? 

Edited by PyroYoda
Barangolo
3 hours ago, PyroYoda said:

you just extract right away

So what you are saying is that surviving a raid is just a matter of making a choice, you don't need skill? :D

We get what you are saying, that scavving has much higher odds of survival. I have more than double the survival rate of my scav currently versus my PMC.

But it is by no means a choice, it needs luck. Luck that you don't bump into PMC's, as you are less equipped. Not meeting other scav players as it is either KOS or they will trick you as happens so many times. Luck that you don't meet a squad, whether PMC or scav army, they WILL farm you. Luck that you don't get exit camped by someone who is too lazy or scared to play the game. Luck that you don't have cheaters on your raid (which you need a lot of luck for, considering the 1000+ account bans per day, who play the game nonstop, so almost everyone has cheaters in their raids in 10 or so hours, even without knowing).

This last one is the worst, as cheaters loot so fast that they can immediately disconnect and jump into the next raid, ruining the game for another 10 people in 10 minutes, plus queuing that's about 40 players per hour per cheater that either get robbed from their equipment or from precious loot that the cheater distance-loots. For 1000 accounts that's about 40,000 players cheated per hour. With a top (non-concurrent!) playerbase of about 200,000, that's pretty high odds to actually be robbed by a cheater on an almost daily basis. So saying that you "just extract right away" is naive to say the least :) I did 3 Interchange scav raids a few days ago and was spawned at exactly the same spot in a row. Two times I had inferior loot, the third time when I actually found goodies, within a minute a guy runs up, double-prenades totally silent rooms for no reason, lasers me as I strafefire the doorway, goodies gone. Sure, RNG :D

Let's also not forget that if you want to find valuable items, you need to roam around a bit, especially because due to lack of dynamic loot spawns (which make sense, have been promised, but somehow do not seem to be implemented) PMC squads are stripping raids clean from loot so fast you really need luck as a scav to find anything but bodies. Which means the odds increase a lot that you will have the chance encounter of any of the above.

All in all, "just extracting" means finding that goodie, praying that a cheater did not ESP you or did not need the item or has no time to wait out the 10min for FIR, then silently exit in the last minute when scav-on-scav violence is only for the low-lives.