• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jordick

• tobiassolem

• Barangolo

• Na0cho

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You are sorely mistaken there. This is like saying that in sports, part of the learning curve is going on the tatami on your first day against a black-belt that is a good 30 pounds heavier than you. Y

I get that. But those veterans have been where you are right now. This isn't a 100m sprint game. People who come into EFT with the mindset that they can jump into a raid and do whatever Pestily/Deadly

Before anything I'm not saying that EFT is a bad game nor am I lashing out to devs. I wouldn't be playing the game if I disliked it. I started playing the about half a year ago when the game had

Posted Images

It’s not luck or rng. You know where all the spawns are, you know the hotspots and the extracts. You can fairly easily surmise who is going where and when with a pretty good probability. 

avoidance is easy. 

also, don’t scav into interchange ffs go to reserve. 

scaving in reserve is like printing rubles. 

all these things you are talking about here are really YOU problems and not really what is going on in a given raid. 

Barangolo
On 6/10/2020 at 6:32 PM, tobiassolem said:

So you don't kill SCAVS, don't do missions (because that adds XP when you pick up quest items), and barely loot? Well, then that would explain why you're seeing much less XP.

Even when I die, I usually have killed at least 3-5 SCAVS (most often headshots, since SCAVS are stupid). Sounds more like an issue with your playstyle, avoiding everything that gives you XP-gains. But I think every playstyle should be included, so might be an issue with XP not being awarded to people who mostly play to look around? More exploration XP maybe?

I think you need to calculate that again, before stating wrong conclusions. The man made  a perfect display of the average player, but experienced players like you seem to be out of touch with the reality of the majority. Your recommendations are also of an elitist nature: as if survival in this game is a matter of choice, not skill/experience/RNG. Either way, if the number of kills is correct (and 3 scav kills seems about right), then your math does not add up in EXP. You can actually check by looking at the average player levels, best dispayed in the lobbies (where squad members are seen, who are actually mostly on higher level than solos), currently around level 15, means EXP around 150,000 XP. I would say that about 600 XP per average raid is typical, since survival rate is about 30% in average. But average in this game means a very small minority that have 10-20x the EXP of others, which means that the median average is more likely in the range of what @skyflashde described. And that is including 50,000+ XP for quests by the time you reach level 15.

Let's look at the math.

On Customs, I count on average about 30 AI scavs including re-spawns. About 10 PMC's spawn in and later about that many scav players as well. In terms of XP, the PMC's have among themselves the 30 AI scavs' XP, as most extract by the time the scav players spawn in, in addition not all AI scavs are killed. Let's assume not everyone is a crackshot, bullit deviation, scav AI improved with running and charging, etc., so only half are headshots if the scavs are "farmed". Let's also assum looting bonus in relation to how long you survive. The raid EXP numbers look like this, if we assume that all players are on equal skill level (I'll get to quest EXP after these):

1. Kills: 100 XP per scav with 120 XP headshot bonus for 50% of the time, averages 160 XP per kill. Let's not count the streak bonus, as we assume equal spread of player skill means no single player has a streak, as others kill just as many scavs. For 10 PMC's, that's 3 AI scav kills per SURVIVED raid (like you mentioned), which means 480 XP for kills. Again, since this is an average, we assume no PMC kills, as that means that an other PMC has less kills and XP because you killed him before extract or before he could loot fully or kill others.

2. Escape bonus: 300 XP per SURVIVED raid.

3. Treatment experience: if you manage not to get onetapped, you either go relatively unscathed or you have to heal. Those who avoid action (maybe 3 out of 10) will have zero XP here, half of the others get hit enough to need healing, so 3 people only get healing XP, let's say 300 including food/drink consumption. That makes 300 XP per 10 players, that is 30 XP per player on average.

4. Looting experience: the real XP during a raid. This is where the points are made and sadly more than with all the action you see. Loot XP for kills especially. Solo players get less of this as there is noone to keep overwatch, so some loot is not checked. In average though, let's assume 200 XP per body fully looted, ironically twice the XP than the actual base kill XP. For good measure let's assume all scav bodies are looted, that means 600 XP for three kills. Add some crates, boxes, you're at 1000 XP IF you survive.

I'm sure there are things I missed, but these are rough averages. It shows the following picture, IF ALL PLAYERS HAVE THE SAME SKILLSET: 480+100+300+1000 XP = 1880 XP.

On average, I estimate 30-40% survival rate on the long run for most, but due to high proportion of newbies, let's take 30% as average. This means that on average, most players have about 600 XP per raid purely due to raid-related EXP.

Quest EXP: the real gamechanger to progress. Let's assume same skillset again, same survival rate, etc. For collectibles and Gunsmith quests the same progress is assumed, as you need to either collect value items or buy them at high cost, which is the same as making money in-raid. A tricky part to calculate, so best way to calculate is deduct the raid-collected EXP from the total EXP of an average player, which we can know by the average player level (which is, of course, EXP based!). Assuming a time investment of most people of 2-3 hours of playing per day (as casuals hardly have time in some evenings, while the rare fanatics that do not work or study and play it endlessly may have 8 hours a day), with an average 30% survival rate, I would say that the AVERAGE player reaches level 20 after a month into the wipe. Looking at lobbies currently (where squad teamers are displayed of course, who have higher than average progress due to being in squads), this seems about right, with current level 15 being the average due to slower progress than last wipe due to hindered collectible quests and lower player experience level. That's a 140,000 XP, taking 70 gaming hours in average that means 2000 XP per hour.

So what we have is an average EXP of 2000 XP per hour for the average player, including deaths, survives and quest points. I currently have level 16 myself, 170,000 XP, but have been able to play a lot while I am a below average shooter. Still, this is average, but with every 10 worse player there is only one good player, who farms the map, including the others. Out of this EXP, I have 60,500 XP due to quests. That means I got about 35% from quests.

With the calculated 600 XP in average par raid (based on 30% survival rate), that means that if most people are able to run 2-3 raids per hour during gaming time (including queueing and stash management), this is where they are at.

BUT, this is an AVERAGE. And here comes the important part: the experienced players have 5-10x the experience of noobs, because THEY FARM THEM. That means, an experienced player is so much farther ahead after the first week, that he will enter a map and not be average, but kill 5-6 PMC's on a map like Customs and farm all the scavs kept alive. It is one great rush in the first week to this dominance and from then on you're home free, as AP rounds are unobtainable for lower levels and the speedlevelers by that time have level 4 armour, faceshields, top bullits and basically a done game. When in squads, it really is Smörgasbord and solo players are not left alive unless hiding well. This totally tilts the EXP gathered and that is why there is such a huge distortion of player levels: because there is no matchmaking and the gap just gets bigger and bigger.

The only real equal grounds that is skill-based is the first week. It used to be the first few weeks but even that has shortened due to the absurdly easy way that veterans can exploit the weaknesses of the game and cheese their way to dominance within a week. Predictable loot due to no dynamic looting, farming raiders on Reserve, Reshala's gang in Dorms and Labs when a card is available, experienced squads make short way to the top.

In addition, the devs are slowing down gameplay for those at LOWER levels, while those who are speedleveling are hardly affected. Just when you get to a barter, it already requires more items you need to collect (Ammo box needs additional green gunpowder, armour needs one more soap, etc.), which was not the case for teh speedlevelers who reached it early on, but hits the lower majority by the time they get there.

Totally nonsensic crafting in the Hideout of needing Hoses to upgrade units that can eventually produce hoses: those who get there first will be producing the hoses right away and sell them at extortion prices to the lower levels. When the lower levels spend their hard-earned money on these luxuries (that are farmed away before them by the speedleveling-lootgoblin-juggernaut-squads due to no dynamic loot tables and quite predictabloe ways of getting rich) and finally get to the point of being able to craft hoses: alas, there is nobody to sell these to as everyone has made the upgrade by that time! This is an extremely silly mechanic, purposefully put in the game to make the rich even richer and pressing everyone to upgrade the Hideout ASAP before the rich have a nonstop running bitcoin farm. Those left behind will never catch up.

So all in all, your idea about the struggles of those who do not play this game non-stop is totally unrealistic. You are taking a standpoint that is not even voiced by Nikita: he is well aware of this imbalance and does not care.

If BSG would care about a balanced gameplay with no speed progression to the top in two weeks with resulting boredom and making life miserable for 90% of players by the 10%, they would have long introduced some simple features, like dynamic loot, so lootgoblins do not run their usual path to pick up all items of value and get rich from day 1.

What I see from day 1 is sweatily geared squads that are running through the game from day 1 along well-established loot routes, sidestrafing with dancing feet and zero inertia like an idiot when they stop during engagement with 50kg load within a fraction of a second and laser you with a 10 kg heavy gun with marksman precision, then bunnyhop onwards with the 50kg like it's nothing. BSG is promoting the worst example of this, Pestily, who treats this game like COD and uses all the exploits in the book and not for educational purpose but for sheer boredom.

It really seems like BSG has no clue how to make this into a hardcore shooter. Much more like an elitist COD for those who play the meta. As for financing however, commercially this will not give longevity, only balanced gameplay would. After so many years, it looks like they will not learn.

• Hot 1
Thoremarxen
vor 3 Stunden schrieb Dusty747:

this game is completely overrun with cheaters atm. 

i know your feelings.. did 10 raids today and every time i die from a headshot. I cant be bad lucky.. i played EFT since 2017 and loved the game until this wipe. I dont know what happend but im really frustrated atm.. a guy with a pistol runs straight to me and i shoot him 5-6 times into his chest with BS Ammo and he did not wear a Armor and then  he aims and oneshot me with a pistol then. And i have a lot of that rounds last time, even when i wear helmet with a visors i got instant headshots from my enemys..

I started to keep statistics on how often I die from headshots, and in 90% of my deads were from Headshots atm. Every "Season" i reach level 50+ but i never had that massiv problems like this. I did not even finished my Friends from West task yet, because if i meet other players, they are Bear or instant kill me.

Edited by Thoremarxen
  • Like 1

What you are experiencing is a game design problem called "skill inflation". In Tarkov there is also a bit of gear and general currency inflation which only adds to the thing but is basically more of the same.

It is an unsolveable design problem. You can only work around it or make it part of your game. There is no clear cut "fix" for this. Many competitive games have this problem.

If you are interested in these kinds of things, check out the GDC youtube channel for more talks about game design.

My hope for the future is that there will be seasons with regular resets or similar things to keep things fresh and entertaining.

Edited by BlacKcuD
  • Like 2
MongArmOfTheLaw
On 6/13/2020 at 1:01 PM, BlacKcuD said:

What you are experiencing is a game design problem called "skill inflation". It is an unsolveable design problem. You can only work around it or make it part of your game. There is no clear cut "fix" for this. Many competitive games have this problem.

^^^ This. Insightful. It's especially a problem in open world games. In Fallout New Vegas for example I got the parts to build a .50 sniper with explosive ammo maybe 20% of the way through the game. It just made EVERYTHING die instantly. That was great fun for half an hour, then I had to get rid of it because the game was boring.

Keeping challenge level consistent with the increase in player's IRL skill and better in-game gear is very hard. Just giving NPCs increased HP or armour so they turn into bullet sponges is what a lot of games do and its a poor solution. NPC AI programming is very hard, especially tactical movement.

In Tarkov's case I think the main issue is at the very start. There is so much new players have to learn, and trying to do so with the worst gear makes it so much worse. The time when things are just starting to make sense and you feel you're getting somewhere is the best feeling in any hard game. Stretching that time out is the trick of it.

RemedySeven
On 6/9/2020 at 11:57 AM, tobiassolem said:

It's not an excuse when its true though, is it?

"No life to hit level 10"? Level 10 is what? 50K experience? If you're terrible like me you get 3-5K experience per finished raid. So if you absolutely max the raids with 40 minutes per raid, that's 10-17 raids in total, or 680 minutes (11.3 hours) AT MOST .

DOUBLE that time for all the beginners bad luck and fluke raids, and that's roughly 20 hours to "no life". Even with a busy working schedule and playing 2 or 3 raids at max per night, that's achievable inside 1 or 2 weeks even for the working man.

Seems like you've painted some scenario of "how Tarkov is meant to be played" for yourself, where you can just play it anyway you want it. If your goal is to be "the best" well then of course you have to spend more time than other players. But if your goal is to PvP, grab some loot here and there, and challenge yourself - then what everyone else is doing doesn't really matter.

3-5k is not realistic for a truly new player. I am a completely new player and If I am lucky I will leave a raid with 500xp. but 9/10 I leave absent my gear and with a medical bill. 

Edited by RemedySeven
typed in quote box
Barangolo
On 6/16/2020 at 1:52 AM, MongArmOfTheLaw said:

In Tarkov's case I think the main issue is at the very start. There is so much new players have to learn, and trying to do so with the worst gear makes it so much worse. The time when things are just starting to make sense and you feel you're getting somewhere is the best feeling in any hard game. Stretching that time out is the trick of it.

I rather think it is a constant imbalance, that only gets bigger as we progress into a wipe. Noobs only catch up after half a year or so, but even then there are imbalances that give most players a much harder time than others.

The advantage a player has due to some imbalanced aspects, major of which is squads in the same game as solo players, Gamma container for EoD with 5 more slots to stow away quest items, map knowledge leading to routine loot runs that make a few players quite wealthy early on which gives them a headstart in the ratrace. This advantage just gets bigger and bigger, as speedlevelers get quests done much faster and from then on can sell quest items at enormous prices, especially items they can craft in the Hideout by then, for which there is a huge market of wannabe players that lag behind. This make the rich richer and the poor even poorer.

Even if noobs and casuals "catch up" at some point, by then the veterans are so far ahead, it becomes a game of Slick armour, top ammo and thermals vs everyone else, so there is a constant gap and top players basically farm other players from then on. They reach the stage very fast where their only enjoyment is PvP, or they choose the Labs Asylum, but as that is full of cheaters, many of them rather farm players on easier maps.

Whatever anyone says, this game IS pay-to-win, because it is a ratrace and those with the extra legs win it in each wipe.

The winners: squads of 3-4, nonstop lootruns early on and protecting each other's gear, "farming" bosses for top equipment. Maxing out Hideout from the start and getting rich off trading hideout craftables as well.

The losers: the majority of players. Solo players (especially noobs) who don't play the game nonstop and need to make do with the time they have for the game. They get farmed from the start by squads and speedlevelers and never catch up to finance equal loadouts. Sure, a noob will catch up in knowledge after a while, but if he does not play squads and does not make the game a timesink with nonstop routine lootruns, he will never be on equal terms with others.

I think the game it's great, but missing an Offline mode that user can progress and get XP and Loot, obviously you cannot mix both words MP with SP. The same online structure but offline. Like a Single player mode.
Only playing against AI, all the slots for the PMC can be replaced with PMC AI/ Raiders  (It was amazing the Pre Wipe with Raiders) Raiders can have ID tags to keep the mission/trade with tags.

My point is, there are a lot of casual players like me that plays a couple of Raids in a week and that cannot compete with regulars players.
I know it takes time and practice to get better, but I don't have this spare time and zero patience with desync, Hackers and etc...
A SP mode would make the game much more playable, enjoyable and fun.
Majority of time I do play offline mode as i think is much more fair, just hunting Scavs, but missing all the Fun part of the game looting, losing gear and gaining XP. 

Raids would load faster, no desync, no hackers no unfair gameplay.  User can decide, MP or SP.
I really Love the game, It is insane, slow pace, tactical, tacticool,  love the gameplay, (still missing vaulting mechanics :P)
Tarkov raised the bar so much that I can't play any other FPS, as they don't feel so realistic. 

@Blackb1rd Is there any chance or plans for Single player mode?

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

Everyone was new or is new at some point doing anything in life. 

It's quite unfair that its hard for me to get into stock market cause the big sharks eat me out.. UNFAIR :D 

There's gonna be online mode without progress saving that you can play with your friends. Good for training too. 

That's life. 

Edited by sYs
unless you in comunist politbiro
  • Sad 1
Barangolo
1 hour ago, sYs said:

That's life. 

I thought this is a game, not life.

People play games to enjoy themselves. Not to imitate life, but to escape from it. I'm sure that only a tiny fraction of the 200,000 player base is actually using it for military simulation practices. It's pretty useless for that as well, to be fair. The vast majority wants to have fun, wants the energy put into it to be rewarding.

If fun consists of frantically rushing to beat others from gaining on you, in a meta playstyle that is more robotic than spontaneous, then you are not really playing your style, but a copycat that you will never feel comfortable with. All the campers, hatchet runners, even cheaters are not playing the way they want, but feel it is the only way they can have "success" in this game, that is why there are so many of them: due to the imbalance the game represents. If not progressing fast enough means losing all the time, then the game is set up badly. Answer to that by shrugging your shoulders does not add to the discussion, as it's a non-argument.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Barangolo said:

People play games to enjoy themselves. Not to imitate life, but to escape from it. I'm sure that only a tiny fraction of the 200,000 player base is actually using it for military simulation practices. It's pretty useless for that as well, to be fair. The vast majority wants to have fun, wants the energy put into it to be rewarding.

If fun consists of frantically rushing to beat others from gaining on you, in a meta playstyle that is more robotic than spontaneous, then you are not really playing your style, but a copycat that you will never feel comfortable with. All the campers, hatchet runners, even cheaters are not playing the way they want, but feel it is the only way they can have "success" in this game, that is why there are so many of them: due to the imbalance the game represents. If not progressing fast enough means losing all the time, then the game is set up badly. Answer to that by shrugging your shoulders does not add to the discussion, as it's a non-argument.

So if someone plays and is better than you - than you are not enjoying the challenge the process of growth?

If so - than this game is not for you. 

If you follow meta tactics than you are playing the game wrong. It's all about your own playstyle.

RemedySeven
1 hour ago, sYs said:

So if someone plays and is better than you - than you are not enjoying the challenge the process of growth?

If you follow meta tactics than you are playing the game wrong. It's all about your own playstyle.

As mentioned before it has little to do with skill and more to do with the gear higher level players have access to. A decent player with great gear will almost always win against a really good player with crap gear.

LasseNielsen

I would like to see a skill based matchmaking based on PMC kill/death ratio.

I want to see BSG getting 1 million players, servers everywhere so everybody can play with decent ping.

But I see a lot of players, putting Tarkov on hold, people i play with, says it's just not fun playing and getting 1 tapped 6 out of 10 raids.

I see veteran players stop playing as well. It's just the same as before, i have all the gear and money in the world, Now i just need to redo all my skills and quests... For what. The game lost the early and mid game. And basicly late game is only based on what gear you use and what cases you have in your hideout.

Most players progress their skills/kills at the same speed as their gear.

So veteran players that kill 3-4 pmc's for every death they have, will have much better gear then a guy who dies 10-15 times for each PMC he kills.

I hate the: It's realistic, you never know who you might face.

Thats true, but if you squad up with your friends in altyn's, slicks and as vals... The odds that you'll meet anybody on the map that can challenge your group is not very high.

The game shouldn't favor players that put massive amount of hours into the game. By matching them with people who don't.

It should if you put massive amounts of hours into the game a reward. Open missions only for people that earn it.

Special missions for solo or squads at high level. Huge risk reward, like a raid from wow.

An example:

Mission from Peacekeeper, acquire surface to air missiles.

Only the squad spawns in, no other pmc's or player scavs. No insurence, no secure container. 

Go to Reserve armoury. Intels shows a least 20 men are protecting the cases.

Extract at red rebel/paracord extract, with as many cases as possible. Cases are 2x5 slots and weighs 15kg each.

After extract, next step begins. Anyone killed can rejoin but with new gear.

You spawn at shoreline north of the map. 

Mission get to the pier, and load the missiles onto a boat. Then extract at the tunnel.

There will be normal groups of "higher tier" scavs patrolling the map. 

When the first non-suppressed shot is heard.

A group with Gluhar and his boys spawns in to find the squad and retrieve the missiles.

All this would give a new level to the game for players that are missing something to do other then sealclubbing newbies.

The reward could be unlocking x amount of guns from Peacekeeper, rocketlaunchers, hideout upgrades for squads. Anything to add more content for endgame players, then just endless boring same same PvP.

You could even have another squad of players load in as gluhar and boys.

Edited by LasseNielsen
  • Upvote 2
Barangolo
On 6/18/2020 at 11:05 PM, sYs said:

You do not seem to understand the concept of "play", when you mix up "having fun" with "being good at it". This is not a workplace where you need to be good at something for it to make sense. Someone may be a lousy player, but still have fun. I progress in a snail pace compared to some of the speedlevelers who treat Tarkov like COD, but may still enjoy it better, if slow progress is what makes it fun for me. Likewise, you could be an excellent player and kill all enemies and still not enjoy the game (but stomp on anyone on forums for some lack of self confidence in life for example, to compensate for not having fun). Fun and being good at it is not the same thing.

As for growth: again a misconception. No matter the extent of improvement and growth, there will always be people who are better, as well as worse, because everyone progresses. Today's winners may be tomorrow's losers. You can put all players on a Bell curve, no matter what the needed skillset is, you will be placed somewhere and it just depends on your opponents where. You have a strange perception of life if you think of it like a finish line that once you pass it, you're "in" versus those behind you being "out". You are just somewhere on the same path and happen to be before others now but maybe behind them in future. But we are all in the same boat and each should be able to enjoy their place in this hierarchy.

A game should be fun for EVERYONE playing it, not just those that are "good" at it (whatever that means, as there is no objective criteria to measure being good at something you do to enjoy yourself).

Developers facilitate a process of the enjoyment that the game brings to the player. A good game makes it fun for most people, at least a majority, because it is balanced in a way that everyone can enjoy it, no matter the skillset or hours put in. A bad game has a huge imbalance that results in fun for a minority only and perhaps not even for long for them. Before online gaming, when singleplayer was the only option (or local console games), you could set the difficulty and make it as challenging as you wanted to. The best games of all times were like that. Come multiplayers like Tarkov, the devs need to set a balance so that it does not become a zero-sum game (where your fun goes at the cost of mine), but a win/win, so that people stay hooked and get enjoyment out of it. The more imbalance, the less fun, the less happy customers and players, the less income and the shorter the game will live without happy customers to support its financing (servers and maintenance, next to development and overheads).

As a matter of fact, the more people like you who think this imbalance is how it should be, the earlier the game will die. People can only be fooled for so long through free drops worth two weeks of looting or through streamers making the game look easy and grinding through the bugs, cheaters, squads overmight.

You short-sighted elitist rhetoric about "you're not good enough" is like saying that you can taste chocolate better than I , therefore I should not eat it. Everyone should be able to enjoy playing Tarkov, no  matter skillset and if you cannot accept that, then it is probably you who does not belong here..

The point I agree with you on is that everyone should play their own style. However, let's not be blind about it: there is only a fraction of players who does that. Most are frantically running to keep up and cheese their way through the game to this unspecified time in the future when they have all the money to be "better" and to dominate maps. All the while, they do not enjoy the progress getting there and once there (in a matter of weeks by now), they get bored and cuddling in squads with thermals, they just ping white spots on a pixelated dark map, calling it a game. Pff..

Which is exactly the point I'm making: more balance would mean more fun for more players over the board, which does not have to go at the cost of the elitist thinkers like you. One of the aspects would be matchmaking for the simple reason that it would set the challenge on an acceptable level for all. The BS rhetoric about "we like it this way because you never know what happens" is the typical nonsense of the same elitist players who think that you cannot have fun without winning all the time, so the best fun is being level 40+ within a month with the best equipment and farming noobs in squads through thermals. All the while fooling themselves because the real challenge would be players of their own level they would fight against. If matchmaking in addition is upwardly mobile (so you cannot play against those far below your level, but you could choose to play on servers above your level for the challenge), this whole elitist blabla would finally get proof of concept: none would play above their level, because of actually having small d*cks that just came with a huge mouth.

Barangolo
On 6/19/2020 at 3:27 AM, LasseNielsen said:

All this would give a new level to the game for players that are missing something to do other then sealclubbing newbies.

I agree with your opinion that both newbies and veterans are dissatisfied, for different reasons, so there should be a level of challenge to each according to their skillset or hours invested.

Having said that, I do not see a quest-based approach as a solution with the current raid-based gameplay, which is at the core of Tarkov. As long as high skillset with massive hours is on the same map as the opposite, the veteran squads will simply hunt the others down for PvP. You cannot make any challenges in a quest format that will prevent that from happening, it will just refocus attention for a while on other parts of the map (perhaps), but this is just stalling some time, with hardly unchanged looting paths and PvP behaviour.

I am convinced that the only way to make for a challenging time for all levels is matchmaking, your first point. Whether based on level K/D ratio, stash value, it does not matter, as long as it brings balance into each RAID, which is where the action takes place.

Nothing in the current core mechanics facilitates that however:

- No dynamic loot tables means that experienced players will just rush the prime loot locations in squads (double benefit: not just firepower but the bigger your group, the less enemies can spawn in, Factory is the prime example) and get rich in no time, from that point on hardly loosing any fights due to superior equipment

- no separate solo and squad servers: especially Factory is a joke there, but on all maps a big group basically means no opposition and farming both players and best loot

- no matchmaking: no matter the level, same raids means experienced players grabbing away value loot from the inexperienced

I am afraid that stubbernness of the devs however will not implement these in time. Seeing the enormous number of cheaters (the last few days have been absurd, I do not think that half of my raids were clean from cheaters and I don't do Labs), the imbalance just drives more and more people to buying a cheat, rather than quitting the game foregood. People WANT to play it, but feel the game is unfair to the extent that they have the right to be unfair, too. Which is a mindset that BSG created in the first place by stressing that indeed it is unfair. It is also the reason why fanboys like sYs are reiterating this, as it is the only dogma they can cling to.

If BSG would put fairness into the game, they would set a better example to its very toxic hardcore playerbase and in addition give back fun to all other players. It would naturally decrease cheating and they would not have to spend an inproportionate part of their income on anti-cheat (though I wonder whether they are not happy with all the extra accounts being purchased nonstop by those banned, which is a much more steady income than new players).

• 6 months later...
rafajsp

I see the problem is allowing people to form groups.

In the end it's a Survival game, no co-op should be allowed, unfair especially vs new players like me which is always dying facing the group of boyfriends.

For example today:
I had a good loot things to sell and then going to extract and boom 3 guys together.

I don't know why i managed to kill one of them but instantly 2 others boyfriends came to help and i died.

Edited by rafajsp
include
Na0cho
On 6/9/2020 at 11:17 AM, Jordick said:

Before anything I'm not saying that EFT is a bad game nor am I lashing out to devs. I wouldn't be playing the game if I disliked it.

I started playing the about half a year ago when the game had its previous wipe, but thanks to real life issues and how busy I was I couldn't play it as much as I would have wanted to. And I couldn't get into it after majority of players had reached higher levels and better equipment so I was left behind.

I started playing again after the recent wipe with the hope that this time around I would be on the same standing ground with everyone else, but again due to real life issues I couldn't play as much as I wanted to so I was left behind again. Which brings me to my question.

Do you guys feel that the game is unbalanced for us new players, because we don't have access to good armor nor AP rounds?

I make a lot of mistakes, I admit that, but there are times when I should be the clear winner in 1on1 fights but for some reason most of the times I end up dead. Not because I miss my shots, but because the enemy is armored like a tank and my full mag of 30xPS rounds only tickle him. All he has to do is turn around and 2-3 shot me and I have to go back to raiding as Scav in order to cover those losses.

The Flea Market allows new players to get AP rounds (if they can afford them), but thanks to that high level requirement it takes forever to get there due to low survival rate.

So yeah, from my perspective the game is unbalanced for us new players, because we don't stand a chance due to how little we can do against those who are fully armored.

I cannot be the only one who feels like this, right?

It hasn’t even been 3 weeks. 

When I started it was mid/end of the wipe 2 wipes ago when it was a ton harder for newer players. I had no issues.  Stop taking fights for one. Learn the game/map/loot/spawns/extracts. It literally takes A few hours at most to get level 10 if you work on your tasks and just rat through the maps looting. 

im lvl 40 with max traders with less than 300 raids. 

3 weeks less than 300 raids and I’ve literally pinnacled in this game besides kappa(working on it but I’m no pestily it’ll take me a couple more weeks)

I guess what I’m trying to say here is: new player experience is not unfair because at this point in the beta testing process there literally is no new player experience(in the traditional sense). You don’t stay “new player” status in game for long. 

the new player part comes from you as a person, learning game mechanics, map knowledge, when to push, when to not. Flank flank flank and flank some more. Never take a fight head on. Or don’t take it at all. Listen to sounds to know where people are/how many/what type of guns and act appropriately. 

once you learn “the game” you will understand that there really is no “new player experience” since you can max out in <a month casually. 

Na0cho
On 6/18/2020 at 3:16 PM, Barangolo said:

There’s a million easy games  

I like this game because of its brutal difficulty.  

and to be honest it’s not that difficult once you’ve figured it out. They should increase the difficulty more imo. 

• Like 1
VS-UK_Gom3R

First thing they need to fix in this game is the sound and other issues like servers. When these issues are fixed it will be a totally different game. Also when it comes down to difficulty for new players I think the game already has gone the wrong way and made too easy. I got the game in 2017 and since then they have only made it easier. A game should be a challenge you need to overcome over time and not something easy you surf through like a fart in the wind. This game is probably not for you if you think it is too hard now. Didnt Nikita say he wanted to make it more hardcore as time progressed?

TIP: Spend a looooooong time in offline mode with and without scavs. Learn the map like ppl said and also play alot of Factory killing scavs in offline mode to get used to everything.

Edited by VS-UK_Gom3R
wernonwar
Am 10.6.2020 um 12:17 schrieb nandosie:

Bro its unlikely ur playing against 1% of the top. Theres alot of people like you. I also get around 3 - 5k xp per raid sometimes 10k it all depends. sure i die, but u guys should stop complaining. i only played for 5 months and im still doing fine at this point. Yesterday played with a guy for the first time he just started and i just sherpa'd him around for a bit and we extracted 5 raids in a row.

If you are still doing hatches runs just quit playing tarkov. Then you kind of ask to die. I despite them. atleast bring in a pistol to defend yourself. preferably armor and a helmet aswell. u say ssh is poo. but i rock ssh all the time and im lvl 20. helped me alot of time in raid.

This is kinda the arrogant behavior this people complain about. I play with veterans and 5 raids in a row is either very lucky or you sat in a Bush for 40 minutes.

And what forbids hatchet runs? I actually if they dont attack me I take them even in for a run. I had somebody did that with me. If they hatchet run they simply have 0 money.

To be honest I always sell the pistols. They are useless if you dont do a headshot or and have an aimbot. They are good for the first 10 hours of a wipe.

And yes I m already over lvl 30 at this point of the wipe.

I m not on board with the topic starter but your behavior is so far from giving constructive feedback or help them.

Na0cho
On 1/12/2021 at 5:16 PM, wernonwar said:

This is kinda the arrogant behavior this people complain about. I play with veterans and 5 raids in a row is either very lucky or you sat in a Bush for 40 minutes.

And what forbids hatchet runs? I actually if they dont attack me I take them even in for a run. I had somebody did that with me. If they hatchet run they simply have 0 money.

To be honest I always sell the pistols. They are useless if you dont do a headshot or and have an aimbot. They are good for the first 10 hours of a wipe.

And yes I m already over lvl 30 at this point of the wipe.

I m not on board with the topic starter but your behavior is so far from giving constructive feedback or help them.

5 raids in a row is NOT rare and I play with “veterans” and noobs alike. It’s not uncommon that I go 8-9 in a row no issues. We don’t hide in bushes but we don’t run through the map either. Most maps have 40+ min and we use most of it.

Perhaps he had an arrogance to his tone(hard to grasp via text) but it gets old hearing people complain about how “hard this game is” when in reality it’s really quite easy if you just adapt and learn. 

people would rather complain instead of figuring out what they are doing wrong. 

wernonwar

Well my friend it can go this way or another. Although 5 raids in a row is quite an achievement.  If you take your time to get to hotspots that's a possibility to get some raids in a row. The uncertainty always stays. Using most of the time basically tells me that you carefully go from point A to point B. That's not in anyway bad but it does not garantie 5 raids in a row. My point is that so many good runs can happen yes.. but expect the unexpected.

The arrogance of his post didn't come from the 5 times in a row but his ignorance that hatchet runs are a thing and we should look down to them. To tell somebody to quit the game cause he is inexperienced or for some reason whatsoever does a hatchet run is arrogant.

And again yes your last point stays at it is! Everybody has to learn the game and the rules. Just complaining wont help somebody to get into the game

But on the post I complained, looking down on them wont help this people either.

Tarkov is like life sometimes it s hard but you have to adapt and get over it to become bigger. If you stop trying every time something sucks you can't achieve anything.

Edited by wernonwar
Na0cho
13 minutes ago, wernonwar said:

Well my friend it can go this way or another. Although 5 raids in a row is quite an achievement.  If you take your time to get to hotspots that's a possibility to get some raids in a row. The uncertainty always stays. Using most of the time basically tells me that you carefully go from point A to point B. That's not in anyway bad but it does not garantie 5 raids in a row. My point is that so many good runs can happen yes.. but expect the unexpected.

The arrogance of his post didn't come from the 5 times in a row but his ignorance that hatchet runs are a thing and we should look down to them. To tell somebody to quit the game cause he is inexperienced or for some reason whatsoever does a hatchet run is arrogant.

And again yes your last point stays at it is! Everybody has to learn the game and the rules. Just complaining wont help somebody to get into the game

But on the post I complained, looking down on them wont help this people either.

Tarkov is like life sometimes it s hard but you have to adapt and get over it to become bigger. If you stop trying every time something sucks you can't achieve anything.

Fair enough. :)  but you know as well as I do that we die mostly because we are doing tasks.  Once our only priority in a raid is survive and kill your survival percentage goes way up. 

Also your head eyes is a magnet in the resort lol. 

• Thanks 1
DragoBruder

So, I read like a lot. I didn't read everything though because it was just tooooooooo much. What I wanted to say (where I'm in hope that no one already did) is that how about letting the flea market not be based on some lvl system but rather on tasks. Either how many tasks you did overall or on 1 specific task. Like on Jaeger. I thought about the flea market a few days ago and it kinda worries me after an entire year of playing. The gods in eft grind themselfs up in the first 2 days till lvl 40, have end gear and have kappa... Probably full hideout as well.. And the first problem I see here that the armor is way too cheap (I mean the higher armors especially). 5 class armor is easily available for just 100k... 6 class armor is like at 200k or maybe 250k but that's also it... That's in my opinion WAY too cheap. Like it's basically "cheating" in a passive way. Also like with AS VAL etc. The weapon should be a strong gun. A really strong one... Costs 230~k roubles on praper but only 50k in flea market... Like what? How is that possible... Redut-T5 Fort armor (or something similar) costs like 250~k roubles at traders (this is a good starting price for a really good armor. But after thinking some seconds about it, it's still not too much for very good armor.) and on flea you can get it like 100k cheaper... Hideout is also REALLY stupidly easy to build to max. You go like: "Oh. Today after a few really good raids I got my mil. Lets go spend it straight in the flea market to buy LITERALLY EVERYTHING in my hideout so I can build my bitcoin miners as fast as possible and gain as much as passive bonuses by the hideout.)

Like it's really stupid I feel like. I think itself it's a really good idea that the prices sometimes flactuate and go too expensive or too cheap on items but come on. 5.45x39 BT for 400 each? Really? A literal 4 Armor destroyer competing with lvl 5 armor? Like... Really? That cheap? Oh wait.. Nvm. It dropped to 300.

That's exactly what I mean... EVEN 5.45x39 BP IS MORE EXPENSIVE BECAUSE MoRe FlAsH dAmAgE lOgIC gO bRrRrRrR.

lol

But yeah... There needs to be some tweak to the flea market.. Like I love getting fast money and such with the flea market but I feel very weird in a way that every single item goes away in the flea market for 10k roubles plus... Like... WHAT? ducking ENERGY DRINK COSTS 10.000 ROUBELS? THIS IS 111 EUROS MAN!

I just would like to see some decreasing in progress amongst all players... I don't want to see lvl 6 guys in the first 3 days of the wipe fully loaded already and at endgame with their kappa container and entire build hideout. I want that progress to be done maybe 1 week later.. I absolutely love how the wipe is going when it starts. Everyone is low geared as hell and you literally shot at the enemy and it's that what you mostly wanted. A fight that goes 5-10 seconds where both players struggle and where the one kills the other and the surivor also almost dies because of that ultra intense fight. Like it's after a few weeks just a fight that goes like 1 second. Maximum 3 seconds. Maximum Maximum 5 seconds if the fight is good and the movement and skill is good of the players. (I don't count the longer fights here. Only the fights where you build up contact to enemies).

I really hope the new armor system will strictly do something about it. That would be the absolutely best feature ever then.

I myself can't complain.. I'm at lvl 32 and already pretty much half way though with the tasks... But I want to grind more... I don't want to know how boring it may be if I hit kappa container, going fully juiced inside. It doesn't have to be boring though.. Playing with my favourite firearms with variaty in it may be something I'm interested in when I get kappa but then? What exactly then?...

Like there are so many questionable pricings in the flea market... It's completely stupid in my eyes... Well I appreciate that you need to pay something to "survive" but that what I just said was more thrown at the fact that everything goes for so much to sell and not to buy stuff (talking about meds, food, water etc. Not armor. Armor still is very underpriced :D)

I hope I can get agreements here.