Sign in to follow this  
Devineus

PLEASE raise ping allowence

Devineus

I live in a place with bad internet, and you locked down ping to 200... its nice for you with your crystal towers and your 100gig fiber op, but for us dirty 1mbs peasants we get kicked out of raid constantly. Atleast before you broke it the game was playable, but now because of cheaters and w/e bullshit whining from streamers we cant play the game... please turn it back!  

DIRTYLOWCONNECTIONPEASENT.png

• Upvote 2

Devineus

you raised it, but not high enough...  Please remove the auto-kick for high ping. I dont care if I get killed by a cheater or another player ping abusing its a game, I move on... but not being able to play a game I love... its killing me. Common guys stop being TROLLS... turn off the bot kicking people!

BESK

Yeah, nice to see that you dont give a poo about us who hasnt a shitty connection! Since when has high latency been a good thing in a network?

BSG: Add A-class servers and B-class so we can choose if we want to play with high pingers.

afgan_

I think it went 210>150>160ms... Although, I feel for the players with poor internet connection and would say this almost constitutes in denial of the service and game should be refunded situation.... at the same time it works other way around as well - I have good internet and I have to shoot guys who are teleporting - not cool.

This is kind of inherent problem with "online" game - hence the forum is full of PVE suggestions - having 1Mbps network and 100ms+ ping one should not expect to play PVP.

Edited by afgan_

DonaldBerger
21 minutes ago, afgan_ said:

I think it went 210>150>160ms... Although, I feel for the players with poor internet connection and would say this almost constitutes in denial of the service and game should be refunded situation.... at the same time it works other way around as well - I have good internet and I have to shoot guys who are teleporting - not cool.

This is kind of inherent problem with "online" game - hence the forum is full of PVE suggestions - having 1Mbps network and 100ms+ ping one should not expect to play PVP.

The thing is it has nothing to do with ping lol, Me and a buddy both under 30 ping will randomly freeze and then start speed running it’s not the ping it’s the poo code in the game, have seen it more then enough to know it’s not ping, and the devs just listen to streamers so who cares about the people with poo internet, not me but I do have friends who can’t even play the game anymore because of it its pretty poo 

GlomeRoaming

I kind of agree but to be fair a fps like this at a playable ping of 200-250 is one hell of a gimp.
Also I think it's better for everyone else in the game others have a similar ping range.

afgan_
4 minutes ago, DonaldBerger said:

The thing is it has nothing to do with ping lol, Me and a buddy both under 30 ping will randomly freeze and then start speed running it’s not the ping it’s the poo code in the game, have seen it more then enough to know it’s not ping, and the devs just listen to streamers so who cares about the people with poo internet, not me but I do have friends who can’t even play the game anymore because of it its pretty poo 

Absolutely, but it is kind of different topic... if you have under 30 ping and it is teleporting... I have 1ms to London server (~7 actually in the game) and everything teleporting for me. Imagine how that looks for players with ~250ms ping?!

I think there is almost no reason to argue that net-code in EFT is not ready for any sort of reliable, predictable and competitive PVP. I don't want to criticise BSG for this as making netcode for such a complex and realistic game (I have in mind like bullet drops, complex armour penetration, hit boxes, different ammo types etc.) is not the same like creating the netcode for trash like CS.

My issue is that they just need to be more transparent about it and more accomodating - like "we agree net-code is not in the state were we want, so maybe we introduce this or that, which means you can do something else whilst we work on developing it". Not is seems like "one size fits all" - everyone has to play same broken PVP no matter how bad it is, because game "meant to be hard".