Mr_Carbine89

Shoreline gas station fire?

Mr_Carbine89

has anybody been able to enter the gas station? Shoreline is my fave map no doubt i know a lot about it, 7 different scav and pmc loot runs. but since the update today i always die to the fire? Has anyone experienced this?

WarTraveller

Where do you try to cross fire? There should be a "gap" along the counter through which you can jump without taking any damage  - convection schmonvection and somesuch.

Mr_Carbine89

I've always entered the main door and kept to the left with no problems at all?

danielsdderrick

I died to this about 10 mins ago....and yes i know how to safely make my way into the station. 

Mr_Carbine89

Right!?!?! it has changed has it not???

danielsdderrick

im going in offline mode right now to see how close i can actually get in there. i also just found this video. 

• Like 1

Mr_Carbine89

WHAT! Why have they changed this? How do you get into gas now?

WarTraveller
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, danielsdderrick said:

im going in offline mode right now to see how close i can actually get in there. i also just found this video. 

Ok, that's where you normally take damage (or at least, 50% of the time for me). Instead of going left and hugging the wall, go down along the counter - you will see a small area without fire. Jump over the counter and you should be good.

Edited by WarTraveller
  • Like 1

danielsdderrick

Watch the video. normally you can go in the front and hug the wall and make it with out a problem. been running this map for awhile.

Mr_Carbine89

I have played this map almost exclusively and i concur this is how you would normally get in, i'm going to have to try jumping on the counter now :(

danielsdderrick

well im sure it will get fixed since it is a normal loot spot. i just went in offline mod and sprinted hugging the wall from the front door entrance. health is at 232. loot is still in the station. 

Mr_Carbine89

I hope it does get fixed tbh that is a big part of my loot run on my scav.

WarTraveller
29 minutes ago, danielsdderrick said:

Watch the video. normally you can go in the front and hug the wall and make it with out a problem. been running this map for awhile.

Whenever I did it that way, I was almost always taking a lot of damage.

But they had indeed made changes - you now get singed if you jump over the old safe spot. The damage is a lot less than turning around the counter, but it is there. Once over it, you can literally kiss the back end of the shelf and nothing would happen.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

TheSuperGoons

big oof

danielsdderrick
13 hours ago, WarTraveller said:

Whenever I did it that way, I was almost always taking a lot of damage.

But they had indeed made changes - you now get singed if you jump over the old safe spot. The damage is a lot less than turning around the counter, but it is there. Once over it, you can literally kiss the back end of the shelf and nothing would happen.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

cool will give it a try.

behi09ma
17 hours ago, Mr_Carbine89 said:

has anybody been able to enter the gas station? Shoreline is my fave map no doubt i know a lot about it, 7 different scav and pmc loot runs. but since the update today i always die to the fire? Has anyone experienced this?

yeah i died today to that fire too :D

TheZa3tz

Hopefully gets fixed soon but I just died to it so not yet

Slander

I always just sprinted trough the fire coming in from main door. Always took some dmg on the way in but never on the way out for some reason. Haven't tried it since last patch, but that always seemed odd to me.

primulator

They did an update, wich makes it nearly impossible to enter. I don't think it is intentional. I got in, but my squad mate died. I died on the way out. That was main door and to the left. I've seen a youtube clip from 2 days ago where a guy died just as fast going in the backdoor. 

mattbrix02

Got bamboozled by the fire as well... I lost my 10th Win streak. By this :(

Mr_Carbine89

Well we should thank the people who are cheesing their vitality for this buff to the fire.

Neepo02
12 hours ago, mattbrix02 said:

Got bamboozled by the fire as well... I lost my 10th Win streak. By this :(

F in the chat. 

Just died to this on my first run of the day, bit annoying but nothing major. Would like to see an official response to it.

kthomasr

I submitted a petition about it a few days ago. 

Response: Yes the fire damage has been increased on purpose.

I asked how a player is supposed to get to the loot spawns without taking damage, as the amount of damage taken will make this the worst loot spawn in the game.

Response: You should find a way to access it. Try a different approach.

Well, you cant enter through the windows. There is no ladder or other means of entry/egress into those rooms. But you can jump onto the (burning) counter and almost black out your legs trying to get through....

Well thought out design BSG. *golfclaps*

Flish

Yeah just died to the fire and it crashed my game i feel great (tried the hugging left wall way and got burnt to a crisp)

GhostZ69

I love how nobody complains about how the sound of the fire is so wrong there.  I mean they have the left and right channels swapped and everyone is just SOOOO used to how bad the sound is in the game, no one notices.