Magor57

Color clothing

Magor57

Hi, I saw the inventory screen with the Headset, Goggles, Helmet, Body armor, but that all seems just like "armor" and utility kind of gear. Will we have color clothing? Like in DayZ. Red hoodie, green shirt, black tshirt, blue pants, orange backpack and so and so? :) That would be awesome, you know, to be able to customize my character and also distinguish from others or perhaps green clothing like a camouflage  :P:)

Kovacs

Well, I hope not, for many reasons.

1) In DayZ, we are civilian/survivor. In EFT we are highly trained operator, so wearing civilian clothes is irrelevant. 

2) There is three factions and IMO we should be able to identifie from afar which one is your target, without any doubts. Allow player to change base clothes will lead to confusion and "Fire first, ask later" behavior. 

• Upvote 1

MadStalker

It seems right ...

Maybe Scavs would get multiple skins, but for operators, it's already hard to recognize a friend who wears the sames clothes than you (try it on Arma, DayZ or Squad), so i dont want to imagine how much game will be a full KoS with this ^^

Magor57

These are good points, although, being BEAR DOES NOT protect you from other BEAR operators, so why the "I am on this team" clothes? 

Kovacs
7 hours ago, Magor57 said:

These are good points, although, being BEAR DOES NOT protect you from other BEAR operators

Indeed but EFT is a factions based shooter, with the possibility to be a traitor with high drawback.

If a BEAR player want to go on a rampage, and shoot everything, wearing BEAR, USEC or Scavs clothes wont help you too.

Blk8un

Painting Weapons for Camouflage would be very nice cause u get invisible by aditional Camo in the right way.

Edited by s00n86
  • Upvote 1

TarkovEscaper

There will be camo patterns for weapons, equipment and gear is planned, but we will see how it will go

Alpha-30k

Will we actually be able to customize the uniform, though, or will the core look of our characters, for the most part, be the same/similar? 

(patches, clothing, pants, shirts, shoes, knee/elbow pads, and caps)

Scruffy

How about ghillie suit? Maybe 2-3 version of the standard faction uniforms... Snow, forest, desert or urban for example...? You could change it before going to raids.

• Upvote 1

Kovacs
4 hours ago, Scruffy said:

How about ghillie suit? Maybe 2-3 version of the standard faction uniforms... Snow, forest, desert or urban for example...? You could change it before going to raids.

I like to idea of the ghillie but I'm still woring about target identification.

Unless faction have an IFF device, I'm strongly against whatever could hide our faction patches. 

enigmatic

I'm hoping BEAR and USEC factions will have a decent array of clothing/camo options that are unique to them, meaning BEAR will have a set of different camo options than the USEC team so co-operative players can still identify their own faction and diversify their appearance so not all PMCs look like clones of each other with balaclavas.

After all, PMCs are not as regular as a uniformed military force would be. In real life, PMCs have freedom of choice on their gear, weapons and what they want to wear.

Sushi
On 2/6/2016 at 9:36 AM, enigmatic said:

I'm hoping BEAR and USEC factions will have a decent array of clothing/camo options that are unique to them, meaning BEAR will have a set of different camo options than the USEC team so co-operative players can still identify their own faction and diversify their appearance so not all PMCs look like clones of each other with balaclavas.

After all, PMCs are not as regular as a uniformed military force would be. In real life, PMCs have freedom of choice on their gear, weapons and what they want to wear.

One problem with this is as far as modern equipment goes, a lot of camouflage patterns are homogenizing to the same brown-ish with a splash of green colors. ATACS, multicam, OCP and lots of camos getting popular lately:

maxresdefault.jpg

enigmatic
3 hours ago, Sushi said:

One problem with this is as far as modern equipment goes, a lot of camouflage patterns are homogenizing to the same brown-ish with a splash of green colors. ATACS, multicam, OCP and lots of camos getting popular lately:

maxresdefault.jpg

As far as Woodland camos go, theres still Urban patterns as well as U.S. ACU/UCP digital patterns

4b3de38e75e6177f2e791db45c9e5f1a.jpg

ucp_delta_3.jpg

Sushi
8 minutes ago, enigmatic said:

As far as Woodland camos go, theres still Urban patterns as well as U.S. ACU/UCP digital patterns

4b3de38e75e6177f2e791db45c9e5f1a.jpg

ucp_delta_3.jpg

Well, PMCs intentionally don't use military-issue camos (multicam is this weird case) so they can't be confused for uniformed soldiers. They normally use solid colors or outdated camo. So UCP wouldn't be applicable I think?

MadStalker

In a city like Tarkov, operators would make the uniform more for his utility (storage, protection) than the camo. It must looks like it's a mix of uniforms, not really a conventional global uniform.

At least it's my point of view ^^

• Upvote 1

Avexum

I read somewhere that clothing is lootable to a certain extent, you can take vests/backpacks/uniforms(maybe) off of dead bodies, Im not sure how accurate that is but theres evidence in the inventory sneek peak that supports it.

enigmatic
6 hours ago, MadStalker said:

In a city like Tarkov, operators would make the uniform more for his utility (storage, protection) than the camo. It must looks like it's a mix of uniforms, not really a conventional global uniform.

At least it's my point of view ^^

I'd have to agree more with MadStalker on this topic now. Having looked up some different Private Military Contractors, they are less camouflaged than I predicted, with the exception of some European companies.

1st pic are Euro PMCs in Ukraine

2nd and 3rd pics are Blackwater PMCs in the Middle East

Now noticing U.S. Mercenaries are actually more uniformed to solid colors (Tan/White/Black/Navy) than actual digital, tiger stripe, or M81 style military camouflages.

4c7bb2531a645c531f0595bf37e3d081.jpg

blackwater-threatened-kill-investigator-.n.jpg

c7504f7b376e026a797d44c92b6cb999.jpg

• Upvote 1