Low FPS no matter what I do

CODSith01

CODSith01

Hello,

since I am getting at best 50 FPS in the game (while fighting it gets a lot worse), I started reading a lot about otimization tricks I can do on my end. But I have reached a point where I am at the end of my capabilities I think. I tried a lot, this includes:

- tweaking my ingame settings (all of them!) (also via local.ini)
- using memory cleaners (http://www.guru3d.com/files-get/nvidia-inspector-download,1.html)
- tweaking my NVidia settings    

Spoiler

Virtual Reality Pre-rendered Frames: “1”
Maximum Pre-rendered Frames: “1”
Preferred refresh rate: "Highest available"
Shader Cache: “On”
Power Management Mode: "Maximum Performance"
Texture Filtering - Quality: "High Performance"
Threaded Optimisation: "On"
Vsync: "Off"
Triple Buffering: "Off"

- updating all drivers
- optimizing my Windows settings (eg power management)
- switching priorities of all processes that belong to EFT (mostly high priorities are used)

I followed multiple guides (that had smaller inconsistencies but all followed the same argumentation) that 'promised' me better results but I made a very interesting discovery:
No matter what I change (may it be Super Sampling x4/x0.5 or other extremely FPS heavy tasks) my FPS count does not change at all!

So here is my question: Can there something be done (that I missed) to get greater performance or am I wasting my time?

My specs:

- GPU: NVidia RTX2080 TI
- CPU: AMD FX 9590 (i know it isn't a good CPU but even worse CPUs got better FPS in EFT)
- Memory: 16 GB DDR3-1600 (4x4 GB)

I am looking forward to your answers!
Greetings!

I not sure is this reason yopur low fps but your cpu one core speed is very bad I think total your prosesing power is fine but one core speed is very bad i that prosesor. When you play can you see in taskmanarger is any your cores in 90-100%? And other thing what is your ram usage prosent when you play?

CODSith01

My single core speed for sure isn't very good. That's a fact. My taskmanager usually shows me around 80% - 90% CPU usage on the first core. The other cores are usually below that. My RAM seems to be fine. It depends how long the game runs (that's why I use a memory cleaner, tarkov seems to handle memory utilization not so good) but it is never above 80%. My CPU being the bottle neck though would be very weird because, as I stated, I can use any settings I want and the FPS count doesn't change at all... If it would, I also would have said that my CPU is the problem.

When I ran a 9590 several years ago, I remember not only did it run hot, it also put quite a strain on the motherboard. I had a lot of issues with the motherboard VRM getting too hot, and the CPU would throttle under extreme load. In my case, I had trouble with Battlefield 1 and V, with occasional severe drops in FPS. Since the 9590 is such a high-TDP CPU, I suggest taking the time to verify it's holding clocks as stable as possible by using a tool to monitor the clock of each core during gameplay.

Switched from an old FX 8350 to a newer Ryzen 7, it's most certain the CPU dude. Friend of mine also switched from the same CPU to a Ryzen 5 but still uses the same GPU, his frames were always around 30-40 now constant 60+

About being the bottleneck. The CPU has to isse rendercomands to what will be rendered on screen. But most(if not all, i mean it's unity after all) game engines use something called instancing. That means that all objects which are the same(like boxes and trees) get rendered with one or 2 so called drawcalls. But every distinct object needs a drawcall, also UI needs drawcalls, basicly everything rendering related needs a drawcall issued by the CPU.

Sooo if the cpu can't issue all those drawcalls fast enought your GPU just sits there and waits for work it can to. Changing graphic options won't help much then as the CPU is already busy with enough stuff, stuff like animating players, check tracelines for shots, determine what even will be visible at any given frame. That's a lot of work to do. So if you change the gpu settings to lower ones, it won't help as the CPU can't feed work fast enough to your gpu

Edited by Ryokeen
CODSith01

Thank you guys. I'll monitor my CPU clock rates and temperature and will share the results here. Temperatures as far as I know are kind of okay (not good because you know, it is after all a FX9590) because I did put a lot of effort to cool this thing to a good temperature.
I never checked its clock speeds though!

Also I'll give that guide a shot even if I don't like editing my registry too much when I don't exactly know what I am changing.

Since I got a bit of confirmation from Ryokeen it kind of makes sense why it is like it is. Thank you for explaining that because I didn't know that much about game engines. A new CPU is already planned for the next months because it is just time to switch to a more effective (cost and computation wise) CPU (maybe a Ryzen 9 3900X). I just need a new motherboard and DDR4 RAM with that, which can be quite expensive (I want to buy something that will last for some time -> the newer the better).

TokyoRose

It's just a poor optimization on the game itself, latest cpu/2080ti here, same story, it's never above 90 rly, drops down to 30-50 on interchange now, interchange is a specific thingy - they've broke the lights a few patches ago, so if it's a sunny weather this map is like 30-50 garbage fps for everyone outside and above 90 for me when it's foggy for example or rainy, weird.

new map will be 5-10 fps, mark my words lmao

• Upvote 1
CODSith01

Yeah, I also checked my CPU clocks and they are fine.
To go on, I followed the guide (and checked the registry keys carefully) that tobiassolem posted but it honestly didn't change too much. Stability of the game got a bit better and I gained 3-5 FPS but it was nothing too crazy.

I guess we will just have to wait and hope that the developers will improve the game in the near future (performance wise).
I am also very curious how the new map will perform. But I will stay optimistic! Maybe they will bring a lot of optimizations to the game with it! :)

• 3 weeks later...
frankiegalagher
On 6/18/2020 at 8:57 PM, TokyoRose said:

It's just a poor optimization on the game itself, latest cpu/2080ti here, same story, it's never above 90 rly, drops down to 30-50 on interchange now, interchange is a specific thingy - they've broke the lights a few patches ago, so if it's a sunny weather this map is like 30-50 garbage fps for everyone outside and above 90 for me when it's foggy for example or rainy, weird.

new map will be 5-10 fps, mark my words lmao

Hey, not sure if thats right man. I got 9900k and 2080s and game is running above 120, labs and factory easy 200FPS. Got reserve almost always around 100, could go 90 and could go 130. Customs is really really smooth with at least 120, interchange same maybe a bit less when power is on, but nothing drastic. Running 3k mhz ram with that, 32gb. 

• 4 months later...

hey guys do what the video tobias sent and if u still have low fps go to your task manager highlight tarkov right click go to details then there are 2 tarkov processes there tarkov.exe and tarkov_BE.exe you need to right click set afinitty and select the threads (always select 2 at the time bc 2 threads = 1 core). select how many cores you want and try things out and see what works for you. i was having the same problem bc i have a high core CPU but now im getting constant 100+ with even 2x and 4x supersampling.

Also go to your documents folder-escape from tarkov open "local" and look out for the "bloom" set it to 0... though be careful because if u mess with the settings itll go back to 1 so just check it if u have low fps again.
ive got a 7960x, asus strix 1080ti OC, 16GB 3600mhz
i was previously stuck at 40-60 fps
hope this helps you guys!!

if you try to contact me it might take me a while to reply so join my discord server and tag me :) 

https://discord.gg/SeXyTGkTy3

Edited by St0rm_

my actual system 

i7-9700KF  3,[email protected]
Asus PRIME Z390-A
4x8GB 3766Mhz Viper
gigabyte RTX 2070 Super
ssd Crucial CT250MX200
ssd games Samsung 850 EVO
backup hd WD Caviar Green 1TB 3.5 Intellipower 64MB SATA2WD10EARS
cooler Deepcool L240 RGB
Seasonic FOCUS GX-650 80PLUS Oro 650 Watt
CM H500

i did everything panjno says in his guide going up from 60 to 70 fps.
before i had an i5-2400 3.10GHz always at 100%  at 45 fps now with the new one arriving at 45% but i gained 30 fps 

I hope it is because it is not optimized

Edited by TooSmoke
  • 1 month later...
inReisen

I have this specs:

HP Omen Laptop

GTX 1060 6GB

16 GB RAM

i7 7700HQ 4 cores, 2.8Ghz

There is a very strange problem. I recently bought the game and went to the offline mode for learning the basics of the game(and of course the maps). When I go offline raid "without" the ai scav bots on "Customs" map, I  get 85-125 FPS. My settings are all in very low by the way.

But when I go offline raid "with" the ai scav bots (amount setting is: as online, difficulty setting: as online) on "Customs" map, I get maximum 65 fps. Wtf is going on I don't understand. Isn't it weird just some ai scav bots decrease my fps from 85-125 to 40-65? Is there any solution for this, my computer is already optimized(Nvidia Control Panel, Tarkov in game settings, Tarkov.exe compatibility settings etc.). 

TAnner15
On 1/5/2021 at 2:57 PM, inReisen said:

I have this specs:

HP Omen Laptop

GTX 1060 6GB

16 GB RAM

i7 7700HQ 4 cores, 2.8Ghz

There is a very strange problem. I recently bought the game and went to the offline mode for learning the basics of the game(and of course the maps). When I go offline raid "without" the ai scav bots on "Customs" map, I  get 85-125 FPS. My settings are all in very low by the way.

But when I go offline raid "with" the ai scav bots (amount setting is: as online, difficulty setting: as online) on "Customs" map, I get maximum 65 fps. Wtf is going on I don't understand. Isn't it weird just some ai scav bots decrease my fps from 85-125 to 40-65? Is there any solution for this, my computer is already optimized(Nvidia Control Panel, Tarkov in game settings, Tarkov.exe compatibility settings etc.). 

When in offline raid mode your computer is handling the processing for the ai behavior this uses your CPU, when in a real game the server takes the load for computing Scav behavior. So when in offline mode your computer is doing more processing then in online mode thus you get lower frames. This is not a bug and yes ai really do take a lot of processing power to compute, also I have found that hand optimizing my game works a lot better then using NVidia control panel but that's just me. Hope this could help