Sign in to follow this  
GasMasked

Ping Cap and Autokick in South America

GasMasked

Hi there devs,

I don't know how things are in Europe and North America, but 250 ping cap down here is ridiculous. I have 100mb fiber internet, which here is a medium-high plan, and i constantly get 120 to 150 on Sao Paulo Server, and by the way, which in any other place i get waaaaaay low than that. But i have friends from rural and suburb areas which have only one option of internet and it's not that good. And for them it's unplayable.

I talked to a some friends to buy Tarkov and one quit because he can't play because of the Ping cap. The others didn't want to risk and hold the purchase.

So, pretty please. Consider this.

• Upvote 1

jjbarrera
On 6/17/2020 at 6:00 PM, GasMasked said:

But i have friends from rural and suburb areas which have only one option of internet and it's not that good. And for them it's unplayable

This needs to be taken in consideration, kick for ping is basically making the game unplayable for a lot of people here in south america, i live in Colombia, i have fiber internet 200Mb a high plan , and i basically cant play in peak hours of players because the servers give me high ping, and just because i cross once the 175 ping mark i get kicked, and i just cant play until a lot of hours later, im sure im not the only one, i have a great internet, cant imagine someone that doesnt have one , its stupid.

I recommend to check how ping kick works, if its constantly super high i guess its okay but if i have 120 ping and suddenly goes up to 180 and back and 120 im already out of the game because the server kicks me...

please check...

TheWay

Hello Gentlemen,

we are adding new servers in South America, we already imporved to current servers there, we are also negotiating with server providers in for example Argentina.

I hope that soon you and your friends will be able to fully enjoy the game without server issues.

Nicronidas
Posted (edited)

Are there any plans to add servers in Mexico or central america so i can play again with my friends from NA?
Since the ping lock, people i know for over a year now, arent able to play with me anymore, since my ping in Miami is about 160-170, if a fly farts in my direction, i lose conection

Edited by Nicronidas
  • Thanks 1