Sign in to follow this  
Chiknhawk64

Ping lock, and maybe a solution

Chiknhawk64

I have put a little thought into the idea of this ping lock many of us have faced here in the previous couple weeks, as there are many of us this has affected, one of the main issues is being able to play with our mates from all over the globe, and like many, I have had to approach EFT from a different angle as I now have to play solo, and the reality is, it's hard to find and join new groups for a number of reasons.

The idea is to have 2 servers per location, one server with a low ping cap of say 50ms ( or higher ) that you can select, for those who only want to play with local mates, the other with a higher ping max of say 200-250 that you can select, this would allow you to play with your mates from all over the globe.

I am no network expert and I understand that it's easier said and I am sure the cost wouldn't be cheap, but this is a huge problem for not only myself, but a massive portion of the EFT community world wide, I brought this up in a couple of streams communities and have had a ton of positive feedback, naturally you get the "it isn't worth it" and the classic " sounds like a you problem" which for people like that I have no time for, they are just selfish wankers who can't see past their own self interest.

So I hope some of you out there can add some positive feedback to this problem, maybe even improve upon what I have said, I am open to people poo talking about what I have said, but it better be farken constructive criticism.   ;)

• Upvote 1

Himmuguegeli

That would atleast be a proper solution to avoid ping abusers and still make everyone happy. So that’s actually something they should consider doing in future. Otherwise I still would want them to cut the Latency down to 90 for everyone. I know it would be harsh but people abusing high latencies has been going on for far too long and with all that bullshit going on (Cheaters, massive Desync) we don’t need to have ping abusers right in between that mess.

• Thanks 1

i8myrice2day

I agree with this actually. Having a server with a little bit higher ping for around the globe players would allow people to play together still. Even at 200-250 ping I don't think you can really ping abuse. I've played with 200 ping and my friends having lower ping and I appeared fine. Hopefully a fix happens at some point because being able to play with my buddies is what made the game extremely fun. For now...time to get that economy up. Solo.

• Thanks 1

vadric

People are still desyncing around at 155, and will probably desync at 90. The only thing the 155 limit did was block out Asia, yet labs is still full of cheaters.

But I agree, we should have 200 ping servers and 50 ping servers.

• Thanks 1

LaMian
Posted (edited)
On 6/18/2020 at 11:03 AM, vadric said:

People are still desyncing around at 155, and will probably desync at 90. The only thing the 155 limit did was block out Asia, yet labs is still full of cheaters.

How about EOD only servers? I got killed by cheater, almost they were all Standard edition accounts.

I do not want talk about China, now the ping kick set to 155 ms, I play on the East of the United States, but the Lab still has cheater (Standard edition, head, eye or jaw).

Edited by LaMian

PatuFin

I think player base break too much if we have low, high ping server and EOD varian them. Even I liked thay all was in option if there some point come EOD only servers and there arent so much cheaters I realy are ready buy EOD.

TeeMA

I am a NA player on the east coast with good connection. I consistently get booted from raids do the poor connection quality. The game is almost unplayable at it's current state. 

shakadalak
On 6/19/2020 at 3:03 AM, vadric said:

This sucks for me because i live in Asia. I hate playing Asian servers which I'm restricted to now. Any love for the Asian side over here? No? Nobody? It's very hard to find people, who speak English, to play with over here. 

DaCrazyBeggar
Posted (edited)

I dont usually post in this Forum, but this ping limit sht is killing your community Battlestate, who cares if you get fked bc of pingers in A FEW RAIDS when the alternative is LOSING the ability to play with your FRIENDS FOREVER. Some friends have already dropped the game bc of this crap, and I'm about to follow. These are the people who bought / would have bought your EOD sht. If you want better ping, then get a better fking server infrastructure instead of punishing your community.

Edited by DaCrazyBeggar