Single player progression and why its needed

ChosenAsh

Where to begin. Played this game since its release and after every reset, and my experience has not changed one bit. to start off i own the basic edition of the game, naturally that means im at a disadvantage to almost every player already. every raid you go on there are far more geared people that simply dont die (point blank range shotgun did 0 dmg due to armour.. okay then sure...) after about 1 - 2 weeks of playing after every reset i find myself in the same position as before. no money. no loot. no items literally nothing. never ever surviving a raid. never being able to kill a player as i mentioned before no amount of bullets can beat the size of some peoples wallet. with all this in mind there is no progression in this game at all, completely unfair to about more than half of the player-base from what i can gather. unless you have a large wallet or a big streamer there really is no point in owning this game at all you throw money away at it and are not rewarded by the game by playing and or getting kills. some might say you can insure your gear, which you can. but ive never had a item returned to me in the entire time ive played? evidence suggests that it either doesn't work or my gear gets looted every time (why bother looting someone who never gets past the first 2 tasks and only has a pistol 90% of the time??) 

well this can be fixed if the devs cared about their player-base (lol this wont ever happen but the point needs to be made) they would allow single player progression. at least then at some point you just might be able to fight against another player, who has a aim-bot and all the armour and gear in the world. probably wont happen but at least you will then have something to play with. AND be able to progress in the game. 

As with every reset i have said before. my experience hasn't changed in this game at all, unable to loot anything, unable to survive one raid, end up losing all my money and gear. having to HOPEFULLY SUCCEED a knife run in factory (never works btw) in the hope i can get some nails to sell for 115 roubles... yeah this is fun... 

CHANGES NEED TO BE MADE 

naturally i've thrown away my 50 quid on this game. i hope this message gets out to players looking for real players reviews and not the big few streamers or big wallet fans who bought their success instead of earning it. 

otherwise how is this game fun? when everything you do. you lose? thats not rewarding or fun at all. hell even dark souls is hard but it rewards you. this game cant even reward a player.

You know what, 

"Played this game since its release and after every reset, and my experience has not changed one bit. to start off i own the basic edition of the game, naturally that means im at a disadvantage to almost every player already. every raid you go on there are far more geared people" 

Reading up to this bit and giving up. This is the biggest misconception in Tarkov. Having better edition of the game does not give u better gear this far from reset. Sure, u get a SINGLE fort and a helmet, not much else...the fact that you are a player who claims that plays since the initial release of the game and says such thing doesnt sound right mate. Surely you would know by now that a single shot from ps loaded vepr can take down forted player. Unless you didnt play much.

Sorry, im not trying to be smart or make u feel bad, but I think there has been enough of rubbish posts claiming that EoD players have an advantage.

Ps. And by the way, it would be interesting to see how many EoD players sell their forts instead of using them! Me and couple of people I know do that, tarkov is too laggy and bugged atm to risk 300k worth of armor.

Edited by SCvTyson

Clearly your argument wasn't very well thought out, and is more of a rage post... But even then.

All equipment and items can be available through normal gameplay. A well placed shot, or anti-fort weapon and ammo can easily ruin their day.

You say that you played since release, which I find hard to believe if you are complaining about this 'issue'. But let's say that this is an actual issue. On the page in which you can purchase the game, it pretty much states. 

'Warning, this is not for the faint of heart, and it is brutal and punishing.' 

Adding in 'single-player progression' would simply allow this 'fort' issue to be worse, allowing anyone to rush to that level of armor, and then hop into 'lower' leveled zones like customs, woods, etc., to feel good about it. Only to get shot by a mosin, and then make another rage post.

Basic Edition User here.
I just can't agree. The only real advantages you get with the expensive edition, in my point of view, is the secure container and the bonus reputation with traders.
Regarding the Secure Container: grinding Punisher isn't fun at all, but at least i finally finished it and now i'am happy.
Regarding the bonus reputation: it doesn't matter later in the wipe, cause there are more than enough quests.

Basically, what i want to say is this: EoD-Players don't really have much of advantages, Basic Edition Players just have to invest a little more time but that doesn't bother me at all tbh.
Sorry for the long post m8's.

I'm sorry but it just sounds like you are the worst at the game.im not very good and have the same experience as you when it comes to dumping ammo into enemy's and just get one tapped in returned. But I can still compelet tasks, loot and get kills, it's just not 100% success. Choose your fights, sneak, plann how to finish tasks, get creative. 

I had Standard for 2 years, now I have EoD.

The idea that it doesn't give you an advantage is insane. The amount of money you save and make, even with FIR changes, from having a Gamma compared to an Alpha.
The amount of money you make and time you save, not having to sell everything but being able to tactically store, and then sell or hand in when needed.
Granted you can upgrade the stash now, but even then, when I did it it was an insane amount of Euros for final upgrade.
So again the EoD player can funnel that in to making more money and using better gear.
The trader rep difference, saves you from a bunch of silly tasks before doing upgrades, or the negative rep from effecting you so badly early on and that's on top of how much easier it is to level with EoD from hoarding quest items.

It's huge. Is it pay to win no, you are just as able to play and get kills with standard account, and it makes you better in a lot of ways, because you knew you had to survive to get anything, even before FIR.

But "claiming that EoD players have an advantage", we clearly do.

That said, I'm not down for single player ques or any of that crap. Standard is badge of honor if you play with it, and a lot of people like the added challenge.

As has been stated many many times before by the DEVs. There will be no offline progression. There will be an offline mode for testing/recording/training, but you won't be able to save progression. All progress will need to be made through Online Play.

13 hours ago, Katostraphy said:

allowing anyone to rush to that level of armor, and then hop into 'lower' leveled zones like customs, woods, etc., to feel good about it. Only to get shot by a mosin, and then make another rage post.

this i find interesting since this is a problem anyway, saying that its a rage post doesn't make sense since everything ive stated is by and by pure experience over the course of this games lifespan. Would it not be better to have players at somewhat equal gear level to fight against each other, rather than have new players ALWAYS lose because matchmaking forces them against those of higher level better gear and better ammo? i dont think thats fair. i dont think punishing new players every time they play is very good business management let alone games design. at some point player retention needs to be held and thats only done by rewarding a player for playing. this game does the opposite off that. never mind the HUGE amount of cheaters that exists here either.

1 hour ago, BanditMaka said:

I had Standard for 2 years, now I have EoD.

The idea that it doesn't give you an advantage is insane. The amount of money you save and make, even with FIR changes, from having a Gamma compared to an Alpha.
The amount of money you make and time you save, not having to sell everything but being able to tactically store, and then sell or hand in when needed.
Granted you can upgrade the stash now, but even then, when I did it it was an insane amount of Euros for final upgrade.
So again the EoD player can funnel that in to making more money and using better gear.
The trader rep difference, saves you from a bunch of silly tasks before doing upgrades, or the negative rep from effecting you so badly early on and that's on top of how much easier it is to level with EoD from hoarding quest items.

It's huge. Is it pay to win no, you are just as able to play and get kills with standard account, and it makes you better in a lot of ways, because you knew you had to survive to get anything, even before FIR.

But "claiming that EoD players have an advantage", we clearly do.

this man knows.

I have played around 500 hours since Dec 2019 when I got the game, I am still a noob in terms of experience with the game 

I also work full time and I am a boomer 

EOD doesn’t grant any extra perks, there’s some higher tier armour but that’s it

The best way to learn the game is practice, it can’t be stressed enough to learn the maps and the spawn points and some of the AI spawns too, that way you’ll have better chance of surviving 

Knowledge is key in the game 

Moving forward what might benefit players like you or I is a progression that levels the field where thicc bois can’t come back down a tier in terms of player level, but that’s maybe a matchmaking conundrum for the devs, idk

Either way dude stick with it, squad up with people, build the experience 

Theres something oddly satisfying about a trade off with a geared player and just scraping the win 

On 6/19/2020 at 11:29 AM, ChosenAsh said:

this i find interesting since this is a problem anyway, saying that its a rage post doesn't make sense since everything ive stated is by and by pure experience over the course of this games lifespan. Would it not be better to have players at somewhat equal gear level to fight against each other, rather than have new players ALWAYS lose because matchmaking forces them against those of higher level better gear and better ammo? i dont think thats fair. i dont think punishing new players every time they play is very good business management let alone games design. at some point player retention needs to be held and thats only done by rewarding a player for playing. this game does the opposite off that. never mind the HUGE amount of cheaters that exists here either.

That would defeat the purpose of the dynamics of the risk-reward of the equipment in game. If you force people to take their loot against equally geared loot, then you will have ridiculous queue times at the top. Look at 'big streamers' as you call them. It is not very often they are wearing altons and heavy armor. Because it is not sustainable. 

So you will increase gear fear, and cause excessive queue times, while forcing players with much more experience in the game to play with those who do not after they lose their gear. And then you will then go on to make a post about skill-based matchmaking.

If you have played this game since 'release', then you should by now be leagues above everyone else in map knowledge, spawn locations, task grouping, etc. I've only started last month, upgraded to EOD a week ago. Before I upgraded, I was sitting comfortably at level 23, and a stash worth 14 million. And all it took was a little research and making a lot of mistakes. 

The game was meant to be 'asymmetrical' in terms of power levels going in. The feeling of being the bottom of food chain, with the sharks swimming around just around the next corner. Or being at the top of the chain in your server, with the anxiety of those below you who will try to exploit your weaknesses in order to take your hard-earned gear.

If this isn't the kind of gameplay you wanted, then you should reconsider and do more research on the game before buying.

On 6/18/2020 at 1:06 PM, ChosenAsh said:

Where to begin. Played this game since its release and after every reset, and my experience has not changed one bit. to start off i own the basic edition of the game, naturally that means im at a disadvantage to almost every player already. every raid you go on there are far more geared people that simply dont die (point blank range shotgun did 0 dmg due to armour.. okay then sure...) after about 1 - 2 weeks of playing after every reset i find myself in the same position as before. no money. no loot. no items literally nothing. never ever surviving a raid. never being able to kill a player as i mentioned before no amount of bullets can beat the size of some peoples wallet. with all this in mind there is no progression in this game at all, completely unfair to about more than half of the player-base from what i can gather. unless you have a large wallet or a big streamer there really is no point in owning this game at all you throw money away at it and are not rewarded by the game by playing and or getting kills. some might say you can insure your gear, which you can. but ive never had a item returned to me in the entire time ive played? evidence suggests that it either doesn't work or my gear gets looted every time (why bother looting someone who never gets past the first 2 tasks and only has a pistol 90% of the time??) 

well this can be fixed if the devs cared about their player-base (lol this wont ever happen but the point needs to be made) they would allow single player progression. at least then at some point you just might be able to fight against another player, who has a aim-bot and all the armour and gear in the world. probably wont happen but at least you will then have something to play with. AND be able to progress in the game. 

As with every reset i have said before. my experience hasn't changed in this game at all, unable to loot anything, unable to survive one raid, end up losing all my money and gear. having to HOPEFULLY SUCCEED a knife run in factory (never works btw) in the hope i can get some nails to sell for 115 roubles... yeah this is fun... 

CHANGES NEED TO BE MADE 

naturally i've thrown away my 50 quid on this game. i hope this message gets out to players looking for real players reviews and not the big few streamers or big wallet fans who bought their success instead of earning it. 

otherwise how is this game fun? when everything you do. you lose? thats not rewarding or fun at all. hell even dark souls is hard but it rewards you. this game cant even reward a player.

There is absolutely zero excuse to be poor in this game. My PMCs survival rating is 27% but thanks to reserve scav runs i have an 18 million R stash and 2 mil R in my wallet along with a stash thats full. If you aren't using every scav run on reserve then you deserve to be poor.  You can loot the knight buildings, pawn buildings, kill raiders, kill boss scav and company. Igolnik can be found often, BS is everywhere and BT is shoved down your throat basically.

As an EoD owner I would say the real benefit is that I can sell off many of the starting items and that gives me a direct advantage as I can survive many more failed raids before I become a hatchling.  So yes there is a benefit, but I don't think it is the perceived one.  If you're great at the game it provides no advantage.  If you're suffering in the game as I was the first few hundred hours or so of play It provides little assistance.  Where it really helps is when you start getting to grips with the game and getting multiple successful raids after another.  The stash size allows you to horde barter items for later quests, more weapons, mags and ammo.  More health packs, rigs and food.  You don't need to sell things just because you don't have space (well not so soon anyway). This very issue of not having space to store items makes you have to grind more for the forthcoming quests.  This is exactly why I upgraded.

So it is not exactly 'Pay to Win', it's 'Pay to not Grind so much'.

I guess there is also the pouch.  I do take advantage of this, but I wouldn't say it allows me to progress any faster.  It is something I would hate to lose though...

Saying all that, there is one issue that gives the post wipe veterans a straight up advantage.  The New Year's Gift.  A couple of yeas ago we were given a present from BSG, and it was generous.  I presumed it was a one off, but every time you reset your character you can recover it.  In my opinion this should change.  I get way more advantage with this alone than the EoD than my friends who do not have it.

In terms of progression though there is one thing I would change, access to storage boxes.  I do think some of the earlier missions should give access to a small items case/weapons case etc but especially a key bar.  I'm now level mid-twenties and the only reason I now have a keybar is the Twitch loot drops.  Things like these make you more flexible in your play and make you enjoy it more.  Sure make the item super rare in in-game spawns, but at least give us access to one (even a smaller version) via questing.

Does EoD give you advantages in game, that you suddenly are a better players or something?
No.
Does EoD allow you to save more money?
Yes.
Is it huge diffrence? With current FiR changes not really.
Sure, it's still lets say 40k per death.

But if someone is saying that "he is playing since release and he has no loot/no money"
Then sory, but i won't belive it.
I played EFt solo for 2 years, never ever had any problems with cash/loot, if you ahve such problems, then again, you are clearly doing something wrong.

I know ppl who has SR on 8-15% and dont ahve problems with cash.
I know ppl who have 16 lvl and have 4kk in roubles and full stash
etc.