LoginTaken

Audio

LoginTaken

Audio in this game is still so confusing.

Gun shots do not always have a clear direction, even if environmental conditions are not a factor.

Footsteps are either ridiculously loud, or silent. (Be it your footsteps or someone else)

I know I am not the only one, having watched someone spin in circles trying to determine shot direction. When I was literally standing 5 meters from them (Then have the exact thing happen to me 10 minutes latter).

Grimm285
4 hours ago, LoginTaken said:

Audio in this game is still so confusing.

Gun shots do not always have a clear direction, even if environmental conditions are not a factor.

Footsteps are either ridiculously loud, or silent. (Be it your footsteps or someone else)

I know I am not the only one, having watched someone spin in circles trying to determine shot direction. When I was literally standing 5 meters from them (Then have the exact thing happen to me 10 minutes latter).

yea this wipe was supposed to have the new audio system but it seems worse then before.  
I noticed this wipe a LOT i will think i hear someone elses footsteps in my comtacs but they are just my own.  idk why but it seems like your own footsteps volume fluctuates heavily even running at the same speed over the same type of ground

the audio has a long way to go still

short_FUZE

Have you not watched a single podcast with Nikita?

The dev team are fully aware of the issues with sound, steam audio was only JUST introduced and while the audio has greatly improved, yes there are still issues.... of which the dev team are fully aware and working towards improving.

• Sad 1

Muzial

i hope they move the players ears from their feet to the head

ShiroAni

This wasn't clear from the BSG team, but only the first stage of Steam Audio has been implemented. There should be 3 stages that will be incorporated into the current Steam Audio to add realistic reverb of gunshots and etc. I honestly prefer Steam Audio over the basic audio files but there are definitely some bugs. Just remember that it'll only get better from here. 😁

• Upvote 2