Leveling up to 10 is almost impossible for me

This is my final post, just uninstalled this game. I don't know why it's changed to level 10 to be able to use flee market, and how they evaluate the result of it. But it's just too hard for me.

Until getting to level 10, dealers are only selling pea-shooters and  paper-made body armors, then as I expected, just keep r*ped by players  just because they attained level 10 earlier than me and get only d*mn 300exp or some.

What I loved so much about this game was customizing. Customizing weapons whatever I like was an epic and unique game experience that only this game could bring. It's definitely not something like "most tough and boring times for beginners".

Thx for reading, Bye.

• Sad 3
  • Upvote 7
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GymTime

• H4zeMnesia

• Wolfsb4ne

• RemedySeven

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is my final post, just uninstalled this game. I don't know why it's changed to level 10 to be able to use flee market, and how they evaluate the result of it. But it's just too hard for me.

I'm sorry that you had such a difficult time getting to 10. If you do come back to the game, let me reassure you by doing tasks given out by the traders with friends helps get really easy exp. Also, l

took me about 70 in game hours, once you hit 10 though it doesnt fix anything you need to be 20 or so to actually start playing the game because ammo is poo till atleast level 3 traders.

Saber123316

took me about 70 in game hours, once you hit 10 though it doesnt fix anything you need to be 20 or so to actually start playing the game because ammo is poo till atleast level 3 traders.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
i8myrice2day
4 hours ago, Con-San said:

Until getting to level 10, dealers are only selling pea-shooters and  paper-made body armors, then as I expected, just keep r*ped by players  just because they attained level 10 earlier than me and get only d*mn 300exp or some.

What I loved so much about this game was customizing. Customizing weapons whatever I like was an epic and unique game experience that only this game could bring. It's definitely not something like "most tough and boring times for beginners".

Thx for reading, Bye.

I'm sorry that you had such a difficult time getting to 10. If you do come back to the game, let me reassure you by doing tasks given out by the traders with friends helps get really easy exp. Also, looting bodies, clothes, scavs, healing all gives exp. If you mess around and maximize this output, you can get alot of exp per run. The game is not a run and gun 15+ kills, but a more slower type of pace. I've been doing just fine getting to level 10 only using mainly pistols and the scavs AK. 1 or 2 shots to the head with a pistol and they will drop. 

However, goodluck though. If you plan on coming back you can add me and we can run some stuff together.

Cheers.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
behi09ma
4 hours ago, Con-San said:

Thx for reading, Bye.

if i have not played this game and read your topic, i thought lvl 10 is god like lvl in this game and it needs months to get it 😆

i'm wondering who customize a weapon before lvl 10 in this game!!!! dude if i am below lvl 10 and i find a sight on any gun, i get so excited and you are talking about customization before lvl 10 that for sure you will not have money for that.

just a suggestion, play safe before lvl 10 and avoid fights if possible, you will get to your goal so sooner than you think. 

i'm pretty sure you will find another excuse to complain after you get your lvl 10

Edited by behi09ma
  • Sad 2

Get in the official discord and let people know you are LFG 

there’s literally a ton of players who will assist, I am still new to this community but it’s honestly a great community to be part of 

heck come back I will even run with you (ping allowing) and I’m only level 8 so far this wipe

It is a challenge running solo, today for example on my solo runs I have encountered 3 person squads all day like they’re tagged and cursed to me 

but tomorrow it may be different and I will make progress, maybe 

RemedySeven

I'm a total noob at level 8, the game was very frustrating for the first few levels but once I learned to play smart it got much easier.  And don't rely on traders for all your gear. Half of the gear i currently use were FIR and are better than what the level 1 traders offer. 

Wrathful_Scythe

Just started out this week and ate lead a lot of times. Its frustrating, especially going at it alone. While it doesn't seem to me that OP is a beginner, I'd still recommend watching some videos for safer strategies. You shouldn't even engage other PMCs on low level. Avoid common pvp zones and try to only kill a few scavs in "safer" locations.

Just about to hit lvl 8 with 17 hours of playtime under my belt, which might be a significant time investement for most games but I experience again and again that I'm still very much a beginner.

Like others said, going into discord and meet up with people will significantly improve your experience. The game becomes a lot less stressfull with more players and most people online are patient and friendly. It would be unfortunate to lose a player.

• Confused 1

I'm having a hell of a time getting to level 10. No real armor no real ammo and PMC spawns are way to close together, I'm dying within a minute of being in game. I also can't seem to get MP-133 is it just me or are these things super rare? I should probably just use the mechanic trade but i honestly just noticed it. My issue right now is I can't get to scavs fast enough and players shrug me off because I'm shooting garbage ammo. I have a 9.5 mil stash and have spent double the requirements for all of my traders. The worst part is my inventory is literally full of quest and trade items i cant use yet because apparently 50K EXP ins't enough to get to lvl 10. I have a 1.95 KD and like a 50% survival rating and this is just getting boring now.

I guess moral of the story is this game is getting really boring, I'm sick of hiding in the shadows for a 50% chance at loot i can't even take advantage of. I've sold close to a mil to therapist alone and I'm sitting on like 10K USD that I can't spend on anything but Handguns and 1 forward grip.... I feel like they're rewarding the cheaters and streamers more then the actual players and its pushing me away from a game I've played religiously for years.

• Sad 2
  • Upvote 2
Saber123316

Yeah I am done I pushed hard to get to 10, and now at 13 it takes forever to go up a level. The best way to level is going hatchet running and just preying on scav AI, get their gear and just surviving as long as you can.

I engaged a player one on one earlier got the drop on him fired and hit him 4 times upper body head area. 7.62 PS ammo and was unable to drop him.

New players have one option and that is the mosin

43 minutes ago, Wrathful_Scythe said:

You shouldn't even engage other PMCs on low level.

Then whats the point of this ducking game, who wants to play sheep for no lifers I certainly ducking don't

• Upvote 1

Change your gamestyle, i know its hard to learn. But in the second season i only need 6h to level 10. I dont want to write it but l2p! oh and one tip make quests and farm with scavs the have good gear to and the dead bodys on interchange give you to a lot of loot. Avoid PVP fights, you have no chance without the best ammo.

Edited by ztotheex
  • Confused 1
DukeLander

Problem is knowledge, not level height.

When I was starting, there was level 5 for flea market. And it was really, really hard for me. Now with experience of map/mechanics/player routes on maps/loot places it was easy to get level 10.

All you need is mate who's gonna lead you through game basics and maps.

Today my friend achieved level 10, finally. He said without me he never gonna make it, it would be too hard.

And it is true, it is too hard for beginners without teacher.

I think they should put back level 5 for flea market, level 10 is too much for beginners, too frustrating...

If someone needs help, same nickname in game, call me and we gonna make some good fun from this game together.

Edited by DukeLander
  • Upvote 1
RemedySeven
5 hours ago, Vxmpire said:

I guess moral of the story is this game is getting really boring, I'm sick of hiding in the shadows for a 50% chance at loot i can't even take advantage of. I've sold close to a mil to therapist alone and I'm sitting on like 10K USD that I can't spend on anything but Handguns and 1 forward grip.... I feel like they're rewarding the cheaters and streamers more then the actual players and its pushing me away from a game I've played religiously for years.

Scav runs are your friend. And maybe you need to slow down in game, rushing will only get you killed if you don't have gear.

Wrathful_Scythe
vor 10 Stunden schrieb Saber123316:

Then whats the point of this ducking game, who wants to play sheep for no lifers I certainly ducking don't

Surviving

Naturally, you can engage other PMCs but don't expect to survive most encounters if you are ill-equipped and/or inexperienced. You can go in, guns blazing and drop people to get their stuff that way (if you make it out) or you go sneaky, avoid unnecessary confrontations and get the stuff others haven't gotten to. If the former doesn't work for you and the latter is not a playstyle for your liking, then I suggest to look for other players and go in with multiple people to increase you chances.

Saber123316

I like how everyone blames experience being the gating factor and not the shitty rpg mechanics.

Level 40 is the minimum to fight at this point in game only 3 to 4 weeks in a wipe.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

i m not a fan of saying "git gud", but with experience you will have a smoother way to lvl 10. when i started with tarkov it took me maybe 20 raids to finally extract from a map. now things are way different and i dont have problems after the wipe even with the standard edition.

RemedySeven

7.62x54R is your friend, it will level the playing field much more when you come up against the sweaty players. Playing as a sniper is not my usual play style but it is giving me the most success early on.

batiskafo
On 6/22/2020 at 1:49 AM, DukeLander said:

I think they should put back level 5 for flea market, level 10 is too much for beginners, too frustrating...

I started playing in April, late wipe. It was a real hell to level up to 10 to get access to flea market, it took me about 30h in-raid (100h in-game), I was on a verge of stopping playing this game becase I was loosing constantly, and only PMC kills were due to HUGE mistake of the enemy and my pure luck.

After the wipe I thought it will be faster, I was playing like 2h daily basis only to see that MOST of other players I meet in the queue are leveling MUCH faster.

Fine, I can win most of normal SCAV AI fights and occassionally kill a PMC. Buti still this game is so frustrating: it is all about loosing your stull, not unlocking it. It is the opposite of most other FPS and RPG games.

I have a very mixed filings but I still play and try to "get gud". I learned Customs, Woods and Factory and try to use this knowledge, with mixed results.

TheIcymato

I know it van be hard, but on't give up! best i can reccomend is doing your quests, this will help you level up quick and make a lot of bank on the way!

batiskafo
38 minutes ago, MAAAAAAAAAAAAST said:

This is not for your bud. btw got lvl 10 in one day so easy lol

Good for you. Most people cannot and this is the population average. Previous wipe it took me about 30h in-raid to get to level 10, learnining maps and the game, and about 100h in-game tu learn mechanics, items and so on. This wipe I leveled much faster but still it took me two weeks of daily play, mostly as a rat during the nights or doing quests.

CaliburxZero
On 6/20/2020 at 2:56 AM, Xarc said:

No offense, but you made me chuckle. :D

Ladies and gentlemen, a toxic elitist.  

For people who are younger and newer to the game I suspect this sentiment is felt by many.  I've given out some gear and some basic equipment then guide new friends and their friends through, but some like OP don't get that luxury.

RemedySeven
6 hours ago, MAAAAAAAAAAAAST said:

This is not for your bud. btw got lvl 10 in one day so easy lol

You want a cookie? nobody thinks you are cool.

• Upvote 1
On 6/20/2020 at 4:01 AM, i8myrice2day said:

I'm sorry that you had such a difficult time getting to 10. If you do come back to the game, let me reassure you by doing tasks given out by the traders with friends helps get really easy exp. Also, looting bodies, clothes, scavs, healing all gives exp. If you mess around and maximize this output, you can get alot of exp per run. The game is not a run and gun 15+ kills, but a more slower type of pace. I've been doing just fine getting to level 10 only using mainly pistols and the scavs AK. 1 or 2 shots to the head with a pistol and they will drop. 

However, goodluck though. If you plan on coming back you can add me and we can run some stuff together.

Cheers.

I'm having the same issue as OP. I have 80 hours in-game so far and I'm almost to level 7. I'm trying to the tasks but I'm stuck on the kill 15 Scavs on Woods task. The spawns on this map are so terrible, combined with me spawning in with geared-to-the-teeth PMCs with thermals and the best gear on Woods, meanwhile with me in crap gear and guns, ends up with me insta-dying before I can even get to any Scavs. I've tried sprinting, I've tried sneaking around...I even tried hiding until the timer was down to 5-10 minutes and by that time I couldn't find any Scavs alive.

Not sure why they changed the Flea Market to level 10, it really widens the gap between high-level players and people starting. I expect a challenge, but this kind of grind and not standing a chance in gunfights is getting frustrating.

Edited by GymTime
On 6/21/2020 at 4:34 PM, Vxmpire said:

Same. I have over 2 million roubles now....80 hours in-game....level 6....but I can't spend it on anything other than trash, can't buy and configure guns which is my favorite part (I'm a firearms enthusiast), can't compete in PvP because I don't stand a chance against the vast majority of other players wearing juggernaut armor with thermals and top-tier guns/ammo. 

Instead I have to hide and sneak around and hope not get into any PMC conflicts. Every PvP gunfight consists of me unloading into someone only to have them turn around and one-shot me because of my garbage helmet/armor. And because of this I'm still far away from unlocking the flea market. 

The developers really need to re-think this because its going to alienate new players. Level 5 seemed fair for flea market, like it was before. 

Veteran players already have the skill advantage which is understandable, but when you give them such a huge ability/gear advantage on top of that and then make it a monumental effort to grind to even have a SMALL chance to compete in raids instead of insta-dying, it makes it more frustrating instead of fun.

The thought of putting in another 80+ hours just to access decent stuff in the flea market makes me re-consider even playing anymore. Its a shame because I love the game and concept, but the changes they are making....I don't understand it.

As others have mentioned, putting flea market back to level 5 would fix this. Its still challenging, but doesn't make the grind a total frustration for beginners. The vets who have been playing for years had the ability to unlock it at level 5. I see some mentioned that it was no problem for them to hit level 10 after the wipe, but perhaps that's because they already had thousands of hours in-game and aren't beginners by that point.

Edited by GymTime